Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 20, 2012 2:40 PM
Aug 2012
I love badass characters, and the fight at the end was perfect!!

Love the way he destroys those guys.

I also hope everyone in Alfheim (or whatever) starts to recognise him as 'kirito, the black swordsman' and 'the guy that beat SAO' - if he gets that notoriety i will seriously be so happy. I want him to be feared!
Oct 20, 2012 2:43 PM
Jul 2018
Who's next?That's the Kirito we love,like a true boss!
Oct 20, 2012 2:45 PM

Mar 2012
Noodsnoodle said:
I also hope everyone in Alfheim (or whatever) starts to recognise him as 'kirito, the black swordsman' and 'the guy that beat SAO' - if he gets that notoriety i will seriously be so happy. I want him to be feared!

Wouldn't that compromise his mission? He's essentially cheating so I doubt he wants much attention drawn to him.

Sep 2012
Noodsnoodle said:

Kreso15 said:
Who's next?That's the Kirito we love,like a true boss!

OP boss FTW!

Jan 2012
The characters in this game are rather lame, but the plot seems promising. Yui looked cute as a fairy by the way.

Sep 2012
i wonder if they are goin to fit GGO in too.. prob not but from what i remember when i read the LNs alo arc wasnt very long..
Oct 20, 2012 2:47 PM

Jul 2012
he made his name Kirito and he looks somewhat the same with like what he's wearing and stuff so how would a lot of people not know who he is
Oct 20, 2012 2:49 PM

Aug 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:

If they did that it would be freaken boring, there would actually be no sense of urgency, they will be oh like "we got time no worries" T_T, who the heck wants to see Kirito level up with less than half the series left, its time for action not raising levels in order to have said action in the first place.

You can dislike things, but at least be reasonable about it.

More than that, it's true to the novel - pacing aside.

But goodness gracious, this was an excellent way to restart the drama: beautiful animation, plenty of action, excellent flow and astounding music...

...and Yui.

Loved it.
Oct 20, 2012 2:50 PM
Oct 2012
Noodsnoodle said:

(Almost) none of the former SAO players play ALO, and he wasn't really famous among non frontliners in SAO anyways.
The name of the player that cleared the game also didn't get leaked to the public, so non SAO players don't even know who he is.
Oct 20, 2012 2:51 PM

Aug 2012
therandomestguy said:
he made his name Kirito and he looks somewhat the same with like what he's wearing and stuff so how would a lot of people not know who he is

With the number of people in ALO, it wouldn't surprise me that there would be duplicate sprites of his design.

What surprises me is that the name "Kirito" hasn't already been taken unless ALO allows duplicate names somehow or uses a method of differentiating identical spellings.
Oct 20, 2012 2:51 PM
Oct 2010
Oh wtf, he's jesus in this game to? :| , I didn't think the ep was too bad but ugh... him being god mode in this game to is kinda eh.
Oct 20, 2012 2:52 PM

Aug 2012
whatever123456 said:
Noodsnoodle said:

(Almost) none of the former SAO players play ALO, and he wasn't really famous among non frontliners in SAO anyways.
The name of the player that cleared the game also didn't get leaked to the public, so non SAO players don't even know who he is.

Good point, must have forgotten that.

ALthough it's still odd that "Kirito" is still an available name. It seems rather common.
Oct 20, 2012 2:53 PM

Nov 2009
Jerrychiang said:

With the number of people in ALO, it wouldn't surprise me that there would be duplicate sprites of his design.

Nah his appearance in SAO was merged with the design in ALO.
Oct 20, 2012 2:54 PM

Sep 2012
its funny how he picked the most darkest avater without even caring about their attributes xD

"a game where you can die is way too easy..." hahaha this is so true, kirito practically lives in the game world and he has even regained his monstrous experience points and level, i laughed when the salamander knights were getting pwned, there is no way they can take on kirito with the way he is now, the only ones who could take him on now are the hardcore ALO players with loads of XP or other SAO players

its sad he had to delete his old equipment....all his earnings from his hard work is all down the drain, so i can understand why he was reluctant to delete it

Yui is still as cute as ever, she looks even cuter when she is in pixie form, dam they did a good job on her character

but they sorta of made sugu's character a bit....clumsy....i seriously hope they don't ruin her character....

on a side note, recon was introduced, but he looks even more wimpier than he does in the LN... though lyfa looks pretty awesome but i always thought it was pronounced LIE-FAR not LEAF-FAR ive been saying it wrong the whole time :/
Oct 20, 2012 2:56 PM

Aug 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:
Jerrychiang said:

Was that in the novel too? Been a while so I don't remember that detail.
Oct 20, 2012 2:56 PM

Jul 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
ihateeveryone said:
Jesus will always be Jesus.

You don't expect him to lose to noobs do you? Call him Jesus when he pulls stuff like he did on Heathcliff not when he beats a nobody.

Which he already did therefore I can call him Jesus. Just restating the obvious.
Oct 20, 2012 2:57 PM

Dec 2011
Kirito kicks ass once again xD
Oct 20, 2012 2:59 PM

Jul 2012
I'm surprised there isn't a huge controversy over the sister supposedly masturbating early on in the episode.
Oct 20, 2012 3:00 PM

Jul 2012
ihateeveryone said:
I'm surprised there isn't a huge controversy over the sister supposedly masturbating early on in the episode.

lol i must have missed this
Oct 20, 2012 3:01 PM

Jul 2012
therandomestguy said:
ihateeveryone said:

Oct 20, 2012 3:03 PM

Sep 2012
This episode wasn't bad at all.
I kinda don't like the fact that Kirito is overpowered since the start, though.
Hope someone gets his over 9000 skills resetted.
Oct 20, 2012 3:03 PM

Jul 2012
oh haha i thought maybe her hands were cold :D
Oct 20, 2012 3:04 PM

Jul 2012
therandomestguy said:
oh haha i thought maybe her hands were cold :D

When my hands are cold I put them in between my upper thighs too. It's a girl thing.
Oct 20, 2012 3:08 PM

Aug 2009
Kradar said:

He starts a new account
Oct 20, 2012 3:10 PM

Jul 2012
What a tearful reunion between Yui and Kirito. I missed Yui so much. :)
Kirito is such a dense idiot... He said he won't give up on Asuna and saw Suguha with a sad expression. Then he just goes off to play ALO. -sigh- It's ok... That just means I can take Sugu for myself. Sugu/Lyfa was baddass in this episode. She kicked some serious ass. Kirito did too. Showing off his quick speed and KOing one Salamander. I'm beginning to love the new season. :)
Oct 20, 2012 3:11 PM

Jul 2012
ssjokg said:
Kradar said:

He starts a new account

you put the wrong part of that in the spoiler

we all know he's going to save Asuna but i didn't think he would start a new account
Oct 20, 2012 3:12 PM

Sep 2012
ihateeveryone said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
ihateeveryone said:

You don't expect him to lose to noobs do you? Call him Jesus when he pulls stuff like he did on Heathcliff not when he beats a nobody.

Which he already did therefore I can call him Jesus. Just restating the obvious.

but he didn't pwn heathcliff as easily as them, in fact kirito technically lost against heathcliff twice and drawed once

his first lost being the dual where heathcliff cheated, but that was mostly because heathcliffs arrogance and never properly took him seriously so its arguable

his second loss was when Heathcliff blocked all slashes kirito's "Eclypse" sword skill and Asuna took the blow for him

his draw was when he picked up Asuna's sword and they both stabbed each other

ihateeveryone said:
therandomestguy said:
ihateeveryone said:

lol i noticed that straightaway in the Preview and was laughing but i immediately stopped when i realised that it was december (winter) so she was only keeping her hands warm
Oct 20, 2012 3:14 PM

Jan 2008
Sugu is that blond elf girl... that was easy to figure out.
Oct 20, 2012 3:14 PM

Jun 2012
Kirito is a total badass! I love this anime!
Oct 20, 2012 3:17 PM

May 2011
YUI IS BACK!!

The arc has just begun. Time to save Asuna
Oct 20, 2012 3:18 PM

Jul 2012
SwordWielder said:

..if you read the LN

how would you know that if you just watched the anime
Oct 20, 2012 3:18 PM

Nov 2009
Jerrychiang said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
Jerrychiang said:

in the novel his stats were overwritten, not sure about the appearance though lol. Perhaps ALO uses features like SAO when everyone can have different appearances(but randomly, except for those who played in SAO, it was merged so the appearance in ALO looks somewhat similar to their real appearance, Asuna, Silica, Lizbeth, meanwhile, sugu and simon are random). Their appearance won't be duplicated.
Oct 20, 2012 3:19 PM

Apr 2012
I'm not sure how I feel about Alfheim yet; the whole concept still feels a bit silly to me, but hopefully the plot will evolve and overshadow that particular detail.

So flight is controlled with an extra controller, huh? But I didn't see any of the other players handling one? They didn't move their left (or right for that matter) hand around either.

Also, Kirito having his SAO stats transfered to Alfheim seems a bit unfair, but it's to be expected. My guess is that the creep wanting to marry Asuna is keeping her as a prisoner in Alfheim to ensure she won't wake up.
Oct 20, 2012 3:19 PM

Aug 2009
therandomestguy said:
ssjokg said:
Kradar said:

He starts a new account

we all know he's going to save Asuna but i didn't think he would start a new account

Because it's a spoiler that doesnt affect the enjoyment of the show at all.
Oct 20, 2012 3:22 PM

Jul 2012
Zekken said:
ihateeveryone said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
ihateeveryone said:

but he didn't pwn heathcliff as easily as them, in fact kirito technically lost against heathcliff twice and drawed once

his first lost being the dual where heathcliff cheated, but that was mostly because heathcliffs arrogance and never properly took him seriously so its arguable

his second loss was when Heathcliff blocked all slashes kirito's "Eclypse" sword skill and Asuna took the blow for him

his draw was when he picked up Asuna's sword and they both stabbed each other

ihateeveryone said:
therandomestguy said:
ihateeveryone said:

lol i noticed that straightaway in the Preview and was laughing but i immediately stopped when i realised that it was december (winter) so she was only keeping her hands warm

Then for one thing she's retarded for wearing shorts in the middle of December. Mittens exist.
Oct 20, 2012 3:23 PM
Oct 2012
Jerrychiang said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
Jerrychiang said:

I'm pretty sure he looked different from his SAO character in ALO, but I should probably look it up.
Oct 20, 2012 3:25 PM

Jan 2012
Yatta , kirito the cheater is back in action !

ALO doesn’t seem bad, actually it’s better than expected :D

they introduced it in good way and the pace is pretty great and will be more awesome if they don’t rush it like SAO, although it seems he have to save asuna in six days and that enough sounds already rushed to me .

And seriously I would be really thank full if they really just put some work in the fight details’ cause it’s just so lame like this :/

and is it only me (the blonde player doesn’t appear to be Suguha, if she was then she would have at least made a reaction since the guy who came to save her ass resembles her brother )
Oct 20, 2012 3:26 PM

Aug 2009
marshalloo said:
Yatta , kirito the cheater is back in action !

ALO doesn’t seem bad, actually it’s better than expected :D

they introduced it in good way and the pace is pretty great and will be more awesome if they don’t rush it like SAO, although it seems he have to save asuna in six days and that enough sounds already rushed to me .

And seriously I would be really thank full if they really just put some work in the fight details’ cause it’s just so lame like this :/

and is it only me (the blonde player doesn’t appear to be Suguha, if she was then she would have at least made a reaction since the guy who came to save her ass resembles her brother )

Kirito has a generic face both in RL and virtual world.Even if she was Sugu she wouldnt make the connection.
Oct 20, 2012 3:27 PM

Jul 2012
ssjokg said:
therandomestguy said:
ssjokg said:
Kradar said:

He starts a new account

Because it's a spoiler that doesnt affect the enjoyment of the show at all.

yea wtf with that?
Oct 20, 2012 3:27 PM

Jul 2011
ihateeveryone said:

I don't think she was. Girls often put their hands that way, it feels warm and comfortable.
Now if it looks suggestive to some people it can't be helped.
Oct 20, 2012 3:32 PM

Jan 2008
therandomestguy said:
SwordWielder said:

..if you read the LN

typical anime plot, you wouldn't randomly add a non-related character to the anime without a good reason. Also, the opening song tells you, it shows the blond elf girl dragging kirito and the very next scene, it shows sugu dragging kirito. coincidence? I think not.

edit: come to think of it, this just came to me, now i know where did this idea came from... Yumeria. it was the same thing, the girl that helps you was the girl he knows in RL.
SwordWielderOct 20, 2012 3:40 PM
Oct 20, 2012 3:33 PM

Dec 2009
am LOVING this after story!
Oct 20, 2012 3:35 PM

Jul 2012
AkizoraSuiren said:
ihateeveryone said:

I don't think she was. Girls often put their hands that way, it feels warm and comfortable.
Now if it looks suggestive to some people it can't be helped.

Well the fact that right after that it had her thinking about certain moments with Kirito then meh. I dunno. It's better then that Nina scene in Code Geass at least... ugh.
Oct 20, 2012 3:35 PM
Sep 2011
I think that they are taking ALO more seriously than SAO. The animation was good, and the pacing of the episode was far better from the best episode of the SAO arc. Maybe they can turn an average, until now, production to a good in the end. I still have my doubts though, especially when they ruined an epic arc, the SAO arc, which was great in the novel. The thing that holds this anime together until now is it's interesting and unique story. Otherwise, the production managed to ruin a great story and turn it into a failure.

3/5 ok for this episode, hoping this will become better than before. I'll keep watching.
Oct 20, 2012 3:36 PM

Jul 2012
SwordWielder said:
therandomestguy said:
SwordWielder said:

..if you read the LN

typical anime plot, you wouldn't randomly add a non-related character to the anime without a good reason. Also, the opening song tells you, it shows the blond elf girl dragging kirito and the very next scene, it shows sugu dragging kirito. coincidence? I think not.

new game, new arc, that's not a good reason to add a character? they already did that with that one guy nobody likes

but the opening sequence thing is a valid point. i didn't notice that but then again i don't pay very close attention to the opening/ending sequence

Aug 2011
Haha, this was bad. Better than the previous episodes though.

Aug 2009
SwordWielder said:
therandomestguy said:
SwordWielder said:

..if you read the LN

Because most anime fans totally pay attention to the OP

Aug 2011
marshalloo said:

She did make a reaction, albeit a small one. And her voice sounds exactly the same. Blonde chick's definitely her.
Oct 20, 2012 3:38 PM

Nov 2008
"I'm not a beater anymore. Now I'm just a cheater." hahahahah
Oct 20, 2012 3:39 PM

Feb 2008
OMG now the hates is coming..

I realize something about Kirito flying and the other players, some of them fly without remote assist, now I remember that's must be the reason he is flying really slow but is a quick learner so won't take long he mastered it.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

59 by SaveStyle »»
Yesterday, 10:18 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

67 by TwigzLIVE »»
Yesterday, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

163 by SignsOfSuicide »»
Apr 14, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

948 by Reshiram_IX »»
Apr 2, 4:37 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2012

776 by Reshiram_IX »»
Apr 2, 4:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.