Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2008 11:04 PM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
hmm...a meeting with Rin's mother. Happening a lot sooner than i thought. Should be interesting.
Nov 1, 2008 1:45 AM

Aug 2007
Very interesting, can't wait to read the next chapter.
Nov 1, 2008 3:05 PM
Apr 2008
Looks like she's pretty young.
Nov 1, 2008 5:13 PM

May 2007
Showers said:

Yeah, the way the other guy said "a pedophile," it makes me wonder if Rin's mother is like really young. Anyway, will definitely look forward to the next chapter.
Nov 2, 2008 3:16 AM

Jan 2008
Fuuuuuuuuuck. She must be really young.

For the sake of throwing ideas about, I'd say she isn't actually his grandfather's daughter.
XD3r3K-chanX1996Nov 2, 2008 3:22 AM

Powered by hinatachan - TaigaForum
Nov 3, 2008 4:47 AM

Jun 2007
vindemon64 said:
Showers said:

Yeah, the way the other guy said "a pedophile," it makes me wonder if Rin's mother is like really young. Anyway, will definitely look forward to the next chapter.

Looks like she's either in high school or first year in college based on the other person's looks that was on the computer.

I'm under the impression that gramps isn't the father. Sounds more like the mother was working for gramps as a helper. She got preggos from some guy she was dating and either left her once he found out she was preggos or she didn't want him to leave her because she was preggos. She probably didn't know what to do with the kid so she planned to ditch it or have an abortion. Gramps probably found out and offered to take care or adopt her until the helper was ready to take care of her on her own. I'm guessing adopt since Gramps says she was added to the family tree.

The ending part of Gramp's will sounds like theirs another person involved so I'm guessing he was referring to whoever Rin's mom slept with. In either case it's getting interesting.
Nov 25, 2008 2:44 PM

Aug 2007
DeathfireD said:
I'm under the impression that gramps isn't the father. Sounds more like the mother was working for gramps as a helper. She got preggos from some guy she was dating and either left her once he found out she was preggos or she didn't want him to leave her because she was preggos. She probably didn't know what to do with the kid so she planned to ditch it or have an abortion. Gramps probably found out and offered to take care or adopt her until the helper was ready to take care of her on her own. I'm guessing adopt since Gramps says she was added to the family tree.

The ending part of Gramp's will sounds like theirs another person involved so I'm guessing he was referring to whoever Rin's mom slept with. In either case it's getting interesting.

Sounds reasonable and well thoughtout man, good job.
Dec 29, 2008 5:03 AM
Oct 2007
DeathfireD said:
vindemon64 said:
Showers said:

Looks like she's either in high school or first year in college based on the other person's looks that was on the computer.

or it could be worse... pedophile = gramps... :s that'd be sick...
Jan 1, 2009 6:37 PM
Mar 2008
DeathfireD said:

but if she is then how old was she when rin was born then i think she might of left collage and be together with him who looks like he is in collage
May 21, 2009 1:57 PM

Mar 2009
DeathfireD said:
vindemon64 said:
Showers said:

Hm... your prediction sounds like it could be true.

keke. I thought the hairstyle he did for rin was really cute! better than the pigtails she had once before =P
Apr 18, 2010 1:45 PM

Apr 2010
I agree with all the previous ideas. Unless....Rin really IS grandpa's daughter with Misako and she just didn't want her anymore.....

Feb 16, 2016 4:05 PM

Dec 2012
Lol he says "she passes for a first generation gang banger".

Nov 11, 2017 8:16 AM

Dec 2015
Every kid gets super excited whenever they buy a new school bag or some other supplies.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 10, 2022 4:19 AM
Dec 2013
If anyone is still (re)reading this manga and wondering why the pedo-line never gets brought up again, that was kind of a translation error. What he actually said was "You sure are busy."

Japanese being such a polite language means that, ironically, a lot of words and phrases have dark double meanings that you never would come out and say directly. So that phrase can be used to imply that someone is working as a prostitute, and I'm sure the ambiguity at chapters end was intentional to keep you guessing. But she's not, and he really was just saying she's in high demand at her job.

More topics from this board

» When does it get trash?

AshTheChamp - Mar 22

4 by blinddig »»
Apr 8, 4:09 AM

» why hate usagi drop manga's end? ( 1 2 3 )

liveanime - Jan 15, 2016

134 by kmd3134 »»
Jan 25, 1:51 AM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Chapter 62 Discussion

Dr_Funkadelic - Feb 27, 2013

44 by BigBlueBash »»
Nov 12, 2023 6:11 AM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Chapter 61 Discussion

Javi-Hime - Feb 28, 2013

1 by Rexnihilo »»
Aug 14, 2023 7:33 PM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Chapter 60 Discussion

Javi-Hime - Feb 14, 2013

4 by Rexnihilo »»
Aug 14, 2023 7:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.