Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 18, 2012 10:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Ahh, the Tree of the Beginning. The magic powers.

More cool features of Mahiro and Natsumura this episode as well. The military is also involved in now with those choppers. Dem machine guns and missiles. Shit's going down. But ya, Aiko...is not coming back. Anyways, nice episode.
Stark700Oct 18, 2012 5:05 PM
Oct 18, 2012 10:55 AM

Oct 2010
I was far impressed with the following,

that guy is literally invincible as long as he can use that shield properly nothing can damage him around. I bet it can even stop magic that is not stronger than him.

That being said, anyone caught the SNICKERS reference in the spoiler
??? I think it's a nice one.
Yumekichi11Oct 18, 2012 11:08 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 18, 2012 12:30 PM

Jul 2012
I really enjoyed this episode and it just felt long for some reason. It was awesome and nice Snickers reference! x3
Oct 18, 2012 12:46 PM

Jun 2012
So far so good:) enjoyed the ep and look forward to seeing what Yoshino has instore for him.
Oct 18, 2012 12:55 PM

Oct 2011
WOAH the fight scenes this episode were fantastic!! I'm like.. exhausted just from watching. xDD Probably the anime I enjoy the most of this season right now. Mahiro <3
Oct 18, 2012 1:01 PM

Nov 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
That being said, anyone caught the SNICKERS reference in the spoiler
??? I think it's a nice one.

Snicker face:

Oct 18, 2012 1:05 PM

Aug 2012
This anime has really suprised me, i'm watching quite a few this season and this one is now 3 ep's in and has really caught my interest, hope it continues being as good as it has been so far. :3

Really loved this episode, fighting scene's were great and Yoshino was awesome in the way he saved Mahiro from that Kurisabe guy. Also Hakaze seems to have taken an interest in Yoshino. ;D

Looks like the next ep is going to be a serious one though, some memories on how they first met maybe? And how they became friends?.. Can't wait to watch it. ^_^
Oct 18, 2012 1:10 PM
Sep 2012
The fight scenes were amazing. Great episode. One of the best shows this season.

Even though I like both Yoshino and Mahiro, I found myself liking Yoshino more since he thinks before acting... and Hakaze still looks hot wearing rags fir clothes.
Oct 18, 2012 1:12 PM

Oct 2012
How do they get more of the talismans so they can use magic? Mahiro went through a load of them in that fight.
Oct 18, 2012 1:20 PM

Dec 2010
Great episode, like the additions they made to the fight from the manga.

rul said:
How do they get more of the talismans so they can use magic? Mahiro went through a load of them in that fight.

Hakaze hid many more in many different places

Oct 18, 2012 1:21 PM

Jan 2012
Love the fights in this show. Great episode once again.

Oct 18, 2012 1:24 PM

Jul 2012
Decent episode, liked the fights feels like the story itself is going slow though. Nonetheless 4/5.

Oct 18, 2012 1:30 PM

May 2010
again still not impressed by anything going on in the show. honestly this show has soem serious plotholes (if u can call it like that..there is barely a plot present.)

im sure im stepping on some ppls toes here but eh.. dc.

2/5 for alrite fights.
Oct 18, 2012 1:33 PM

Aug 2010
Really good episode.

I'm glad Yoshino can fight and be useful...I was afraid that he'd be the type that's a Burden.

Btw can someone explain how he found Mahiro using healing magic? I didn't understand that part
Oct 18, 2012 1:43 PM

Oct 2010
Barion-Zara said:
Btw can someone explain how he found Mahiro using healing magic? I didn't understand that part
Most likely pain sensing. To feel one's pain and hence localize them based on that intensity IMO.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 18, 2012 1:44 PM

Jul 2012
Interesting to say the very least. Lol snickers.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Oct 18, 2012 1:44 PM

Jul 2009
I don't think Yoshino used any magic to find Mahiro in the manga. So, that was anime adaption stuff.

But I'm guessing he 'healed' Mahiro by 'returning' the blood that was on the cell phone. And the blue pixels guided him to Mahiro?

Iono LOL.
Oct 18, 2012 1:53 PM

Jul 2012
NEED MOAR @_@ Really loving this show

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Oct 18, 2012 1:54 PM

Jul 2010
Another great episode with another great fight scenes.Im glad Yoshino can do something, and not be just burden like someone already said up there.Mahiro need learn to think, because fighting all strong mages will lead him only to death.
I want to know who killed Aika so much.I mean i want to see this person dying, because that all he/she deserves, and wow.This person is from clan eh, indeed weird coincidence.

5/5 cant wait to see more.
Oct 18, 2012 2:16 PM
Feb 2008
Found this rather boring, let's see what next week brings.
Oct 18, 2012 2:19 PM

Dec 2011
Loving this show so far. The fights scenes are great and the characters are pretty interesting. I kind of figured that the killer was from the Hakaze's clan, I hope other clans are introduced later on though. And what of magic? They can't have an infinite supply of Talismans so are Mahiro and Yoshino going to become mages somehow?

Oct 18, 2012 2:38 PM

Jul 2012
This episode had some pretty awesome fights^^ Still, I want to see the true power of Hakaze.. :\ Somehow, I get the feeling that Aika is the main point of this anime (which she probably is) and the whole Tree of Beginning thing.. I don't like that, personally, because I'm just the type of person that wants Hakaze to be the main point of everything.. Kyaa, that's just me though^^
Oct 18, 2012 2:43 PM
Oct 2011
Still not impressed and I don't really see where this is going. An ok episode 3/5
Oct 18, 2012 3:03 PM

Jun 2008
Too different from the manga. Still good episode;)

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 18, 2012 4:46 PM

Jul 2011
I'm not incredibly impressed by this anime but is amazing how it flows well. Bones really likes to handle apocalyptic settings.

I'm really interested in what happened to Aika. Of course there are some mysteries surrounding her death, and I don't thins she didn't know anything.

Pretty solid until now, 4/5.

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Oct 18, 2012 4:47 PM
Sep 2012
I actually really like this one. The pacing is amazing , the action scenes are gorgeous, and the plot is nicely and steadily unveiling without revealing too much and keeping me excited for the next episode.

Anyone know how many episodes are planned for this series ?
Oct 18, 2012 5:08 PM

Sep 2011
i think the pacing is just right if this is a two cour show, though im a bit worried that if this is a 1 cour one then there will be some rushing in the end

still none the less at the moment i really loved this ep, the action was great, i like how they gave the magic in this rules, just hope the future wont pull any bullshit like someone being able to do what other magics cant. I'm interested in whats to come and still think this show has great tragedy

also really hoping it follows through with the tragedy feel its built up, hoping alot of darker things and hostile relationships are to come.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 18, 2012 5:31 PM

Apr 2011
Fight scenes are amazingly fun to watch.

Great episode, also I just noticed the ED song is fucking adorable. :D
Oct 18, 2012 5:53 PM

Jul 2012
Mahiro really knows how to fight he'll give any opponent a run for their money and Yashino is the brains of the two. The teleportation animation for this anime always reminds me of final fantasy versus trailer, for those you haven't seen the game trailer by now check it out.

Anyways they could make this into a game lol run out of rings and you can no longer teleport or heal to replenish you need offerings lol I can see it now
Oct 18, 2012 6:40 PM

Aug 2011
I still have no clue how magic works... Actually I just have no clue what's going on. Oh well. By the way I'm totally calling Aika not being not dead.

Agree that this needs to be 2-cour. NEEDS.
Oct 18, 2012 7:21 PM
Sep 2012
itsvero said:
I still have no clue how magic works... Actually I just have no clue what's going on. Oh well. By the way I'm totally calling Aika not being not dead.

From what I understood ( though clearly this isn't the whole picture according to Yashino in ep.3 ) their magic can only be used for defense and healing and restoring natural order of things ( such as healing people that are still not dead since bringing dead back to life goes against nature ) . They use defense as offense by just putting a shield on themselves and their weapons so that's how they attack with it. The high-speed movement is treated as "protective" so I suppose that's how they make it slide - I'm thinking we're going to see more magic that counts as defensive and being as offensive , I hope it's interesting . Regarding the source of their magic Hakaze mentions that their God is the Tree of Spirits and they sacrifice technology to it in exchange for magic. Simplified that just means those that are mages ( not sure if anyone is applicable to be a mage or there's sort of a trial at this time , we have yet to see ) use technology such as cars, as seen in ep3., to replenish their "mana" or maybe temporarily boost their magic. I think also Hakaze implied that better mages are able to consume much more and create bigger shields / gain higher speed / use more powerful techniques etc. That's yet to be determined.

P.S. I'm still also wondering about what passes as "restore natural order of things" and what doesn't. That's also part of the mystery and charm of this anime :).

P.S.2
This my quick premise of what's been revealed up to now: The bigger faction of mages is trying to resurrect something bad. The big fruits that spring are part of it's "body" . When those fruits spring up people in the area turn to metal. To prevent Hakaze from interfering with the resurrection ritual, since she's against it and she's also the strongest mage amongst them, they strand her on an island where there's no technology she can use for sacrifice to use her magic to escape: She puts magic in a wooden doll and sets it floating on the ocean: Mahiro finds it and that's how they make contact. She wants to stop the ritual , Mahiro wants revenge for his sister so they team up. Also his sister was Yashino's GF & apparently she was killed by a mage ( This all happened 1 year ago from current time ). That's the basic stuff imo.
FlorossOct 18, 2012 7:38 PM
Oct 18, 2012 7:37 PM

May 2010
finally the opeing show is over now its time to move on.
Oct 18, 2012 7:54 PM

Oct 2011
Quite intense episode!!! Expecting next one!!
Signature
Oct 18, 2012 8:12 PM

Aug 2011
The action is pretty damn cool.

Now... plot progression.
Oct 18, 2012 9:24 PM

Mar 2012
Orulyon said:
Too different from the manga. Still good episode;)

This

itsvero said:

And this

Good episode, the action is awesome as ever
Hope the story doesn't stray too far from the manga
Oct 18, 2012 9:33 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
I Fell in love with the OST <3 Excellent.
Great episode. Some shunpo going in that fight lol Enjoyed that quite a bit.
Some needed explanations were given as well.
Yuko (xxxholic) came to my mind when Yoshino said if coincidence like that really happened or i it was inevitable.
A well balanced episode. Keep it up.

itsvero said:

Magic needs an offering (made by man), the higher level the magic, the more knowledge the offering has to have (or have needed for it's making. Ex: Natsumura using a car as an offering). That could give you an idea of why people are metalized.
The Kusaribe magic consists of high-speed movement, healing, managing (not sure what this means exactly) and protection. Supposedly to protect the natural order of things.

Also, there's Samon that wants to summon the tree of Zetsuen (I think was called). Now, what does that tree do exactly remains to be seen.
Oct 18, 2012 10:00 PM

Nov 2007
This show is depressing.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 18, 2012 10:03 PM

Feb 2009
What a great and intense episode this was, the only con so far has been the ending song, which I really don't like. Still this episode gets a 5/5.

I'm in love with the OST can't wait for it to be out.
Oct 18, 2012 10:41 PM

Nov 2007
Next ep. looks interesting.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 18, 2012 11:42 PM

Aug 2010
I'm diggin this.
Oct 19, 2012 12:33 AM

Jun 2009
I like that Yoshino's thinking is kind of hard to predict.
Oct 19, 2012 12:55 AM
Jul 2018
hmm was that a 2 year skip at the end of the episode
Oct 19, 2012 1:34 AM

Sep 2008
edwd2 said:
hmm was that a 2 year skip at the end of the episode

I don't think so. They were in the train and the reporter on radio was reporting about the "accident" with the roads to their town, so I guess it's just as they left.

For a second I thought they skipped as well, but train part proves otherwise (I think).

As for the Yoshino, I am so, so, so glad he uses brain instead of brute force and powers of plot to defeat (or run) from enemies. Rarely seen nowadays. Looking forward to more of this.
Oct 19, 2012 1:36 AM

Jan 2010
Each Chapter is one episode.
o;-;
Yoshino is very sly one.
you never know what's beneath in it
MatheineOct 19, 2012 1:39 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2012 2:56 AM

Jan 2011
still liking the fighting :)
Oct 19, 2012 3:26 AM

Oct 2012
The episode was okay. It wasn't too exciting for me. Guess I'll wait for the next episode to come out next week.
Oct 19, 2012 4:58 AM

Aug 2012
A good episode.
Still think that Yoshino is the one who killed Aika and that he doesn't remember or know that he did so.
Oct 19, 2012 6:34 AM

Dec 2011
Animefreak_101 said:
A good episode.
Still think that Yoshino is the one who killed Aika and that he doesn't remember or know that he did so.

That would make him a member of Hakaze's clan and therefore a mage by blood. I mean that might be the case, because I think the two of them will have to become mages somehow eventually. Yet at the same time Hakaze would probably know if Yoshino was in the clan.

Oct 19, 2012 6:44 AM

Sep 2011
shanimebib said:
This show is depressing.
i dont think its depressing yet, its a tragedy so hopefully it does end up becoming depressing, im thinking this will end with mahiro and yoshino having to kill the other in the end, theres no backing to it im just going off gut feeling

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 19, 2012 6:49 AM

Sep 2011
Matheine said:
Each Chapter is one episode.
o;-;
Yoshino is very sly one.
you never know what's beneath in it
isnt this series like 40 chapters deep now? This either means 2 things, the show is going to do an anime only ending which honestly isnt a bad thing as bones is really good at doing this, no. 6 is the only time they really fucked things up but these are the same who did rahXephon, the fma(2003) and so on, they can pull of anime only's quite well.

the other possibility and i highly doubt this, the show is going to be like 30-40 eps long

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.