Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 13, 2012 10:15 AM

Feb 2012
I was rewatching bleach and, when I was watching the fight I was curious why did Ichigo even use The Final Getsuga Tenshou? He was already at a higher level then, Azien without using it so it makes no sense to me.

He didn't even try to hollowfy + Gatsuga Tenshou. He could have beaten Aizen with that for all we know >.>
Oct 13, 2012 10:24 AM

Jan 2010
I don't have a very big knowledge about Bleach ...

But I think Ichigo couldn't don his mask because his Inner Hollow fused with Zangetsu.

And even if Ichigo was incredibly strong in the fight, Aizen kept evolving and transforming. I think that he used his Final Getsuga Tenshou because he only would either stop or kill Aizen by using his ultimate technique.
Oct 13, 2012 10:32 AM

Nov 2010
I have wondered about this same exact thing too, even this fight. It also felt like Aizen was dumbed down, he used to be able to read dozens of steps ahead, but he didn't even understand things that were happening right in front of him.

And yeah seeing as he was easily ahead just using his regular powers, why would he even think of using that move. Even a regular getsuga tenshou in that mode would be able to beat him. Hollow mask and that mode should have been enough to easily beat him, the Hogyoku can only heal a certain amount at a time. Though he could have used it just to end it fast before he had a chance to evolve.

I think the reason is they already had Aizen get too strong, and Ichigo had gained enough strength to easily beat the Aizen who was able to easily beat the Captains, some without even using his shikai. So Ichigo using the final getsuga tenshou and losing his powers was so that the story could continue without him being the strongest person in the show. And it allows him to gain a different power(Fullbring). It's all because the mangaka didn't take into account the power balance, that's why people lose their powers like every five minutes and get them back(even though it's "supposed" to be impossible).
Oct 13, 2012 10:50 AM
Oct 2011
I think Ichigo learned the lesson when he attacked Aizen the first time without putting his mask on so he decided to one-shot Aizen and end this fight once and for all, and well, he wasn't able to defeat him even with FGT. He didn't use his mask probably because he couldn't, even after that fight he didn't use his mask not even once, even in the current arc in the manga.
Oct 13, 2012 4:15 PM

Feb 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
I have wondered about this same exact thing too, even this fight. It also felt like Aizen was dumbed down, he used to be able to read dozens of steps ahead, but he didn't even understand things that were happening right in front of him.

And yeah seeing as he was easily ahead just using his regular powers, why would he even think of using that move. Even a regular getsuga tenshou in that mode would be able to beat him. Hollow mask and that mode should have been enough to easily beat him, the Hogyoku can only heal a certain amount at a time. Though he could have used it just to end it fast before he had a chance to evolve.

I think the reason is they already had Aizen get too strong, and Ichigo had gained enough strength to easily beat the Aizen who was able to easily beat the Captains, some without even using his shikai. So Ichigo using the final getsuga tenshou and losing his powers was so that the story could continue without him being the strongest person in the show. And it allows him to gain a different power(Fullbring). It's all because the mangaka didn't take into account the power balance, that's why people lose their powers like every five minutes and get them back(even though it's "supposed" to be impossible).

I figured it would be something like that.... Make Aizen OP as all hell then, make ichigo suffer for it on a side note wouldn't he still be OP when he regains his abilities? All of those abilities should come back also.

Never mind the fact that Kisuke fought Aizen and, Isshin near equally without using his Bankai
Oct 13, 2012 4:18 PM

May 2011
Because why not?
- Kubo
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Oct 13, 2012 4:47 PM

Nov 2010
MidnightPride said:
I figured it would be something like that.... Make Aizen OP as all hell then, make ichigo suffer for it on a side note wouldn't he still be OP when he regains his abilities? All of those abilities should come back also.

Never mind the fact that Kisuke fought Aizen and, Isshin near equally without using his Bankai
Afterwards Kisuke explained something about how the training Ichigo did in the "In between world, I forget the name" was coming undone, since he basically bended time(I guess) for those powers, it naturally went back to the time before he went into that "in between world".
Oct 13, 2012 6:21 PM

Feb 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
MidnightPride said:

Afterwards Kisuke explained something about how the training Ichigo did in the "In between world, I forget the name" was coming undone, since he basically bended time(I guess) for those powers, it naturally went back to the time before he went into that "in between world".

Lol not even going to go into how unlogical that is xD

Regardless of how time moves compared to another dimension the physical amount of time spent in another will still remain.
Oct 13, 2012 6:44 PM

Nov 2010
MidnightPride said:
IntroverTurtle said:
MidnightPride said:

Regardless of how time moves compared to another dimension the physical amount of time spent in another will still remain.
Not in the Bleach universe, you have also forgot how Ichigo has lost his powers twice, both times people saying you can never get them back. Ishida was supposed to have lost his powers fully too.
Oct 13, 2012 6:50 PM

Feb 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
MidnightPride said:
IntroverTurtle said:
MidnightPride said:

Not in the Bleach universe, you have also forgot how Ichigo has lost his powers twice, both times people saying you can never get them back. Ishida was supposed to have lost his powers fully too.

Well with the first time he lost his power they weren't really his soul reaper powers they were rukia which is why he had to actually go through the process of getting them. However ishida is explainable >.>
Oct 13, 2012 7:03 PM

Nov 2010
MidnightPride said:
IntroverTurtle said:
MidnightPride said:
IntroverTurtle said:
MidnightPride said:

Well with the first time he lost his power they weren't really his soul reaper powers they were rukia which is why he had to actually go through the process of getting them. However ishida is explainable >.>
That's if you believe that explanation is logical. You are only supposed to have one soul chain and soul resevoir(or something like that), isn't it like some spirit organ or something like that, so I don't see how Rukia giving him her power would create a new one. And the second time was just as magical, it's like in dragonball when someone dies, and they say lets just find the dragonballs no need to worry about death. Dues ex Machina, I believe is the word, that kinda goes with my thing about the mangaka not taking the power balance into mind and creating some plot holes.

I don't remember how they explained Ishida losing his powers. I don't understand how shooting him near the heart would bring back his powers(unless it's the soul chain) and if it was the soul chain then how did he lose his powers in the first place.
Oct 13, 2012 7:04 PM

Feb 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
MidnightPride said:
IntroverTurtle said:
MidnightPride said:
IntroverTurtle said:
MidnightPride said:

That's if you believe that explanation is logical. You are only supposed to have one soul chain and soul resevoir(or something like that), isn't it like some spirit organ or something like that, so I don't see how Rukia giving him her power would create a new one. And the second time was just as magical, it's like in dragonball when someone dies, and they say lets just find the dragonballs no need to worry about death. Dues ex Machina, I believe is the word, that kinda goes with my thing about the mangaka not taking the power balance into mind and creating some plot holes.

I don't remember how they explained Ishida losing his powers. I don't understand how shooting him near the heart would bring back his powers(unless it's the soul chain) and if it was the soul chain then how did he lose his powers in the first place.

Well if you look at it that way then, regardless of whos power is inside or influencing your soul chain if it's broke it's broke no fixing or getting back xD
Oct 13, 2012 7:50 PM

Nov 2010
MidnightPride said:
IntroverTurtle said:
MidnightPride said:
IntroverTurtle said:
MidnightPride said:
IntroverTurtle said:
MidnightPride said:

Well if you look at it that way then, regardless of whos power is inside or influencing your soul chain if it's broke it's broke no fixing or getting back xD
Yeah that's how I thought it worked in the beginning, but I don't understand Kubo at all.
Oct 13, 2012 7:57 PM
Nov 2010
Aizen would had kept evolving and eventually could have surpassed Ichigo, so the best thing was to just finish him off with the strongest attack.
Oct 20, 2012 12:05 AM

Oct 2012
Candor said:
I think Ichigo learned the lesson when he attacked Aizen the first time without putting his mask on so he decided to one-shot Aizen and end this fight once and for all, and well, he wasn't able to defeat him even with FGT. He didn't use his mask probably because he couldn't, even after that fight he didn't use his mask not even once, even in the current arc in the manga.

That's the most logical answer out here... :D
-------Only God will judge me --------

iSignature
Oct 20, 2012 12:31 AM

Nov 2011
Already been said but yeah.

He had to use it because even though he was more powerful Aizen would have kept constantly evolving and would soon surpass Ichigo. So in hopes to end it quickly he used Final Getsuga Tenshou in hopes of destroying Aizen permanently. Unfortunately the hyogioku or whatever the hell is called gave him a crazy regeneration to the point where almost nothing could kill him.(What FGT fails to do.)

HOWEVER, the Hyogioku or whatever is called is a very strange object as it does have its own will. So once it realized that its current master was so weak against Ichigo it ignored Aizen's will. Leading to him weakening and being imprisoned by Urahara.

Others have probably have said this as well so I may just be repeating but we got to remember that essentially his hollow powers and soul reaper powers are both within himself. When Ichigo had to fight Zangetsu to learn of the Final Getsuga Tensho Zangetsu and Hollow Ichigo BECAME ONE.

So this essentially got rid of his hollow mask I believe since now his shinigami powers and hollow powers became one enormous power.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jun 24, 2013 10:20 AM
Jun 2013
you guys are all so pathetic.. please dont watch the anime if u cant fully understand.. im so mad that until i register this account just to answer ur pathetic question.. because all of u are too stupid i cant hold my self.

the dam easy answer is: Ichigo lost his spiritual spirit right from the start of the fight.. of cause he cant use his normal getsuga tenshou and mask.. his only skill will be the final getsuga tenshou for that form.

get it now? dont watch bleach again thank you.. u guys cant even get it.. we are on different level now.
Jul 25, 2013 12:55 PM

May 2013
ilovenikko said:
you guys are all so pathetic.. please dont watch the anime if u cant fully understand.. im so mad that until i register this account just to answer ur pathetic question.. because all of u are too stupid i cant hold my self.

the dam easy answer is: Ichigo lost his spiritual spirit right from the start of the fight.. of cause he cant use his normal getsuga tenshou and mask.. his only skill will be the final getsuga tenshou for that form.

get it now? dont watch bleach again thank you.. u guys cant even get it.. we are on different level now.

Lol man your an idiot, even with just using martial skills Ichigo could have decapitated Aizen and left in in a thousand meaty chunks. And no idiot Aizen, Ichigo still had his reiatsu that form of his was his natural release not his final release. It looked different only because of the fact that he was so intune with his zanpaktou.

No wonder manga writes don't have to try writing a good plot with idiots like you around, the world thanks you for not making another post.
Jul 31, 2013 6:09 PM

Jul 2013
ilovenikko said:

LOL, I hope you have realized Ichigo never lost his reiatsu to gain all those "physical abilities". How old are you? Aizen ultimately lost even though he had the hogyoku was because he lost sight as to what his goal was. Throughout the series Aizen's goal was to find someone stronger than him. When Ichigo was fighting him, he couldn't get over the fact that someone was stronger than him. He made up the thing about converting reiatsu to physical power only because he couldn't get over the fact that Ichigo was stronger than him.
It's true that Ichigo couldn't use hollowfication because he has already broken the wall between shinigami and hollows, but he still had his reiatsu, which means he could've pulled a getsuga tenshou out his ass anytime he wanted.
Please analyze before you assume you are correct.
“If I don't wield the sword, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the sword, I can't embrace you." -Ichigo Kurosaki
Aug 1, 2013 8:58 AM

Nov 2012
what you mean?
ichigo is not that strong without final getsuga tenshou...
if he that strong that why his dad and even uruhara-san come to help? his team (uruhara) is like an elite team.. :p

and I think.. even if he in hollow mode.. like when he fighting ulquiorra... I think he still has no chance to win aizen.. :/
dont you see aizen after get slap by final getsuga tenshou? he hasn't die yet right? :o
Aug 1, 2013 12:51 PM

Jul 2013
makarov52 said:
what you mean?
if he that strong that why his dad and even uruhara-san come to help? his team (uruhara) is like an elite team.. :p

and I think.. even if he in hollow mode.. like when he fighting ulquiorra... I think he still has no chance to win aizen.. :/
dont you see aizen after get slap by final getsuga tenshou? he hasn't die yet right? :o

I think by the time Ichigo had learned final getsuga tenshou he was stronger than Aizen. There are a few reasons:

1. Ichigo was able to destroy and flatten a mountain down to a plateau with a single swing of his sword, which Aizen first believed was his own power.
2. Ichigo was able to destroy Aizen's kido, which supposedly had the power to bend space and time itself, with a swing of his arm.
3. Ichigo was able to catch Aizen's blade while he swung it at full force.
4. Aizen's full powered attack after evolving multiple times witht he hogyoku was only able to damage one of Ichigo's arms.

As to the point of hollowfication, it wouldn't have helped Ichigo at all assuming that he was able to use it. The closer a shinigami comes to a hollow, or a hollow to a shinigami, the stronger they get. Even if Ichigo could use hollowfication, I would assume it would only make him weaker. At that point in time Ichigo was alread a transcending being, neither shinigami nor hollow. Also, Aizen only lived because the hogyoku has crazy regeneration powers, but at that point he was was already weakened very much
“If I don't wield the sword, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the sword, I can't embrace you." -Ichigo Kurosaki
Feb 18, 2014 5:17 PM
Feb 2014
personally from reading every's ones opinion rereading and re-watching ichigo:

A. had reitsu because aizen said he couldn't feel any from him because he was at a different level
B.could had cut aizen so many times he would have died
C.in response to makarov52 was strong because he wasn't trying the whole time
and D. wanted to test the strength of the final getsuga ( sry 4 spelling)

author could have been planing to end the manga which is y he did it.
but by testing the how powerful it is we now most likely now which move the manga might end oh hint hint
BambooPandas said:
makarov52 said:
what you mean?

I think by the time Ichigo had learned final getsuga tenshou he was stronger than Aizen. There are a few reasons:

1. Ichigo was able to destroy and flatten a mountain down to a plateau with a single swing of his sword, which Aizen first believed was his own power.
2. Ichigo was able to destroy Aizen's kido, which supposedly had the power to bend space and time itself, with a swing of his arm.
3. Ichigo was able to catch Aizen's blade while he swung it at full force.
4. Aizen's full powered attack after evolving multiple times witht he hogyoku was only able to damage one of Ichigo's arms.

As to the point of hollowfication, it wouldn't have helped Ichigo at all assuming that he was able to use it. The closer a shinigami comes to a hollow, or a hollow to a shinigami, the stronger they get. Even if Ichigo could use hollowfication, I would assume it would only make him weaker. At that point in time Ichigo was alread a transcending being, neither shinigami nor hollow. Also, Aizen only lived because the hogyoku has crazy regeneration powers, but at that point he was was already weakened very much
Apr 14, 2014 6:58 AM
Apr 2014
they talked about the ability they hyped it up he had to use it or else all that talk would have been wasted end of story if he didn't use it people would be asking the question "why didn't he use it? or what happened to him needing to use this ability to beat Aizen?" but yes i see your point about him being on a completely different level than Aizen and should not have needed to use final but as stated by other people it looked like that was supposed to be the wind down to the end of the manga/anime but it was making to much money so they are still making the manga which they are supposed to be making the last arc right now
resonatingdarkApr 14, 2014 7:11 AM
Feb 15, 2015 10:09 PM

Sep 2013
Might as well clear this up :(

Ichigo didn't sacrifice reiatsu for strength, he was just at another level than Aizen aka he transcended him thus making all Aizen's attacks useless.
Then the hogyoku which is a reality warping/desire granting orb, granted Aizen's desire to get stronger which made him about the same level as Ichigo.
Ichigo then realized he has to completely erase Aizen to kill him, so he transcended Aizen again by using final getsuga tenshou but it wasn't enough because the hogyoku is too powerful and it probably fulfilled Aizen's desire to live and be a normal shinigami as mentioned by Ichigo when he talked to Urahara.
Mar 2, 2015 10:13 PM
Mar 2015
My theory is that before Ichigo used FGT he had already reached a point of no return. In fighting zangetsu and his hollow and finally accepting zangetsu blade and therefore understanding that the two of them are one being he broke down the follow shingami barrier and fused to two. Thus being unable to hollowfy as he was something stronger than ether, this or once he understood the technique of FGT which we don't get all the details on, he became a placeholder step away from getsuga. My guess is getsuga as well as the other zanpokto spirits are god like beings that inhabit a different dimension inaccessible from the rest and the source of a shingamis spiritual pressure. As they train and learn the name of their zanpokto and build a relation ship with it they shorten the distance between the two thus causing the shingami to become more powerful. As for the FGT I make sense of it as it was ALL of Ichigos spiritual pressure that manifested in the form of Getsuga, and the attack metsuga was all of that spiritual pressure being dumped at once, not unlike GT taking portion of his retishe and condensing it into his blade. As for losing them having become Getsuga caused irreparable damage to that bridge connecting ichigo to getsuga thus why he slowly lost his shingami powers and all of his spiritual pressure. What I wonder is if all Shingami have their own versions of it. His father Isshin was a Captain so I believe all the others know there is a high version to their zanpokto's but with it being at both the cost of losing their shingami powers and being an extreme excess of a power they forgoe bothering trying to learn it so they don't become all powerful.
Apr 4, 2015 12:35 PM
Apr 2015
it's because ichigo is dumb, he's a lot stronger than aizen already even without using his final getsuga tensho, even aizen can't detect his reiatsu which means he is far more evolved than aizen, the only reason he would lose is because of the difference in their battle experience. ichigot is only 17 years old while aizen.... i don't know, i think he's older than grandpa
Jul 14, 2015 12:09 PM
Jul 2015
because his powers are similar to quincys 'hint hint' ishida lost his powers because he transcended into another being i.e. used an excessive amount of power. ichigo did the same thing. as to why he had to use final getsuga tenshou aizen was part hollow so he had the ability to regenerate from most any attack plus the hogyoko made him near indestructible. Aizen is atleast a couple hundred years old. he had been in the soul society for atleast 20 years before becoming shinjis liutenant plus gotta figure he was with him for maybe 50 and the vizard where banished 120 years before the events of the story. Also read the manga!!! the anime is over now so if you dont read it you wont see alot of cool shit like who isshin really is or who "zangetsu" really is.
Jul 21, 2015 1:16 AM
Jul 2015
Benihimekikohoh said:
because his powers are similar to quincys 'hint hint' ishida lost his powers because he transcended into another being i.e. used an excessive amount of power. ichigo did the same thing. as to why he had to use final getsuga tenshou aizen was part hollow so he had the ability to regenerate from most any attack plus the hogyoko made him near indestructible. Aizen is atleast a couple hundred years old. he had been in the soul society for atleast 20 years before becoming shinjis liutenant plus gotta figure he was with him for maybe 50 and the vizard where banished 120 years before the events of the story. Also read the manga!!! the anime is over now so if you dont read it you wont see alot of cool shit like who isshin really is or who "zangetsu" really is.

Yeah.... Besides, Ichigo is a really complicated dude. His the only one with Shinigama, Hollow, and Quincy powers, abilities and reiatsu
Sep 1, 2015 6:43 AM
Aug 2015
I'm watching Bleach right now and I'm wondering why 1. They handed Aizen back to Seireitei 2. They Urahara+Ichigo did not fully kill Aizen in the first place? 3. Why Aizen was back to a soul form when he was sealed in a flake-like seal?

Dear Kubo sensei, everything is lacking reason now.. it's like no matter how 'blood thirsty' they claim to be they cant kill the single man who caused all their pain or even killed a lot of their comrades?
Sep 1, 2015 6:47 AM
Aug 2015
Benihimekikohoh said:

But why didnt they kill aizen, or extract the hogyoku from him when Urahara and Ichigo finally wrecked him? Because they're doing the humane thing? which is not logical considering the 100 episodes that went on to reach the climax just to seal Aizen and send him to soul society for trial. Those who are going to sentence him are the same as those murdered idiots who sentenced Urahara and wanted to strip him off his powers in the first place.
Sep 1, 2015 1:28 PM

Sep 2013
annehime88 said:
I'm watching Bleach right now and I'm wondering why 1. They handed Aizen back to Seireitei 2. They Urahara+Ichigo did not fully kill Aizen in the first place? 3. Why Aizen was back to a soul form when he was sealed in a flake-like seal?

Dear Kubo sensei, everything is lacking reason now.. it's like no matter how 'blood thirsty' they claim to be they cant kill the single man who caused all their pain or even killed a lot of their comrades?

1. what are they gonna do with aizen in the human world? soul society can lock him up better.
2. the hogyoku is just too powerful, it let aizen survive all those moves and they can't extract t because it's fused with aizen.
3. it was a seal to trap him, aizen is in the middle of it, also they took him out of it to seal him even better, strapped to the chair XD

They want to kill him but they can't, the hogyoku already made him immortal.
Aizen will show up again if they adapt the rest of the manga.
Sep 1, 2015 5:24 PM

Aug 2015
this was such a lame plot device.. it seemed the author just wanted or couldn't think of a good way to end this arc.... and by the way... what a horrible father ichigo has.... "son.. i want you to sacrifice everything you have accomplished up to now"... well either way.. the author was a retard when writing the conclusion to this arc when all his was going to do was disregard it.... oooooo... ichigo gets his powers back again.. plz... this is not groundhog day... stop replaying past events... such a lame conclusion..i enjoyed the story up to this point... but this has ruined it for me..
semianonymousSep 1, 2015 5:37 PM
Nov 26, 2015 12:24 AM
Nov 2015
well its because only that technique can weaken aizen enough for urahara's seal to work.Ichigo thought only that move can finish off aizen before he evolves any further but sadly failed

More topics from this board

Sticky: » How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete) ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Oct 16, 2010

208 by Ridzaxster »»
Apr 21, 3:18 AM

» Overrated

NeoToad - Apr 1

49 by Dabitsu »»
Apr 20, 2:10 AM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 176-177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

41 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 18, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 175 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pokedude97 - Jun 18, 2008

54 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 18, 5:48 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 174 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BishounenTatsumi - Jun 11, 2008

57 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 12, 6:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.