Forum Settings
Forums

Aniplex USA Licenses Sword Art Online, Zetsuen no Tempest, and Magi

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 2, 2013 9:35 PM

Feb 2012
RockerXD said:
Saturate said:

I must say,its time for someone like you to respond,at last,someone I can really discuss with.
ok,you can say elfen lied isnt a masterpiece,elfen lied is very controversial anime,some say it is a masterpiece,and some say it isnt,but overall,saying elfen lied is a masterpiece isnt absurd like saying SAO is a masterpiece,I think there are few levels between them(you can say its a matter of opinion,but I dont really think you can try to make a comparison between the animes),elfen lied at least has a message,has something the writer wants to deliever us,I always thought that animes with a message are of a better quality(not all of the times though),I dont think you can make a comparison between an anime like SAO and elfen lied,SAO doesnt even have a common sense,the characters often act in an unsuitable way to their personalities,and there is alot more to say.
you are right,masterpiece can differ from person to person,but not in SAO case,SAO is just several levels below(because all of the reasons I said and more).
once an anime has the basic terms,whether it is a masterpiece or not is arguable,SAO doesnt have those terms.

Ok, first, back up the claims against SAO, cause i don't recall anything that contradicts their character. And again, you are taking your own subjective views and making them sound like objective fact. One flaw in a show, can be a positive thing to the another. I know some people that think the ending of Neon Genesis Evangelion was actually good.

Also, your terms for being a masterpiece doesn't apply to everyone. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_projection_fallacy

I must go now,I will answer later.
Jan 2, 2013 9:36 PM

Sep 2012
This is pathetic. Saturate is either really that stupid, or just can't admit he's wrong.

I'm done in this thread, I don't think he will ever get it. I've proved him wrong, and so have others, and he's failed to refute properly.

This thread is completely derailed (my fault), and I am on the verge of reporting it. I think it's time we pack up and go home. You can't argue with someone who has the egocentric mentality of a six year old.
Red_KeysJan 2, 2013 9:57 PM
Jan 2, 2013 10:23 PM
Aug 2012
Saturate said:

p.s most of the animes I saw arent in my MAL,my MAL is pretty new,and I didnt have patience to add all of the animes I saw,but I watch animes for years.

But i thought you said to me..........

Saturate said:

and you are an expert?
your MAL doesnt say so.

Make up your mind buddy. You have been contradicting yourself again and again. Just a simple example. You don't even know what you are saying anymore. Your are way too pathetic.

Jan 2, 2013 10:59 PM

Apr 2011
I already said I'm not gonna reply to Saturate, but can someone answer my question, please? I'm fairly new (okay, completely new) to legal acquiring of Anime, so I don't really know about the American studios.

yhunata said:
Now that that is out of the way, I'd like to ask if Aniplex English Dubs are good? I had thought I had asked this before, but a search through the thread proved not. Also, I hear Aniplex is pretty pricy, is it true?
Jan 2, 2013 11:15 PM
Mar 2012
yhunata said:
I already said I'm not gonna reply to Saturate, but can someone answer my question, please? I'm fairly new (okay, completely new) to legal acquiring of Anime, so I don't really know about the American studios.

yhunata said:
Now that that is out of the way, I'd like to ask if Aniplex English Dubs are good? I had thought I had asked this before, but a search through the thread proved not. Also, I hear Aniplex is pretty pricy, is it true?

Aniplex of America charges the most out of any R1 company, and they don't often do dubs, but they usually use Bang Zoom! for their English dubs, and I tend to like what Bang Zoom! dubs so I'd say Aniplex does good dubs. I have only bought Oreimo. Madoka's pricepoints($20 to $30 for a 4 episode DVD) weren't that bad but paying $150 for Bakemonogatari or Garden of Sinners was just too out of my pricerange. I am hoping that Aniplex USA either brings them under $100 or at least does a dub so I can justify buying it.

However, Aniplex of America licenses pretty good shows to great shows and theya re good about making their series available for streaming on Crunchyroll and a few other legal sites so you don't have to blind buy a series.
Jan 2, 2013 11:23 PM

Apr 2011
AbZeroNow said:
yhunata said:

yhunata said:

Aniplex of America charges the most out of any R1 company, and they don't often do dubs, but they usually use Bang Zoom! for their English dubs, and I tend to like what Bang Zoom! dubs so I'd say Aniplex does good dubs. I have only bought Oreimo. Madoka's pricepoints($20 to $30 for a 4 episode DVD) weren't that bad but paying $150 for Bakemonogatari or Garden of Sinners was just too out of my pricerange. I am hoping that Aniplex USA either brings them under $100 or at least does a dub so I can justify buying it.

However, Aniplex of America licenses pretty good shows to great shows and theya re good about making their series available for streaming on Crunchyroll and a few other legal sites so you don't have to blind buy a series.

I see, thanks for the info. I might not have to splash so much money after all if it is available on legal streaming sites (hopefully).
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
2 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Today

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
4 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
7 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - Today

3 by JehadKun »»
12 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
Today, 7:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.