Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Mar 13, 2014 2:09 PM

Sep 2013
So the mask turns whoever wears it into a vampire? interesting.Jonathan and Dio got major buff in highschool.
flaxman85 said:
this show is the epitome of pure entertainment and absurdity...

love it..
Mar 24, 2014 12:55 AM

Mar 2014
Man, that OP was epic! ...even with all of that CG.

The episode was pretty good, even though I wasn't expecting this series to be quite this rediculous. The whole "I don't mind losing 4 fingers" part seemed a bit silly.
Perhaps it's a silly I can get behind, though. I guess we'll see as the show goes on.

Oh, yeah, and... vampires. That was unexpected. :P
I mean, I was more expecting that mask to turn it's wearer into Vega from Street Fighter or something, lol.
::End of Transmission::

Mar 25, 2014 3:45 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
JoJo and Dio had the same thing fro breakfast that Kenshiro did back in the day and are buff as him now.

I loved the way Roundabout started towards the end of the episode.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 4, 2014 11:24 AM

Oct 2008
After watching this episode, I now know what it means to be a gentleman. I thought I already knew from my Dudley, but I realize now that I did not. From now on, I will fight like a sir.
Apr 4, 2014 7:21 PM

Aug 2009
the opening is so classic..
Apr 21, 2014 11:55 AM
Feb 2012
Good episode.

Although I groaned a bit at the "before I kicked you I remembered you have family" part. Is that a shonen thing?
Apr 21, 2014 12:00 PM
Nov 2011
Dizzard said:
Good episode.

Although I groaned a bit at the "before I kicked you I remembered you have family" part. Is that a shonen thing?
That´s an 80s Shounen thing.
Jun 4, 2014 10:09 PM

Mar 2014
Would be over used to say the opening was great?
"I have blue eyes, blonde hair... uhhhh... gatling cannon..." My smile's fanbase... maybe...
[remember to put image here so sig look cool]_______
Jun 6, 2014 3:45 AM

Apr 2013
Good follow-up. I wonder how they'd look in 7 more years lol. This reminds me a bit of Gankutsuou because of the setting and all. It's probably just this part though, judging from what little spoilers I've seen against my will already.
Jun 9, 2014 8:38 PM

Jan 2014
Jonathan is so idealistic, but at least he managed to turn Speedwagon.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Aug 1, 2014 10:39 PM

Mar 2012
Looks like Jojo has no problem kicking Dio's ass or beating up some thugs now. So that mask turns people into vampires? That explains why it's activated when blood falls on it.
Sep 8, 2014 7:46 PM

Nov 2012
The OP was fucking orgasmic. I'll have to watch it many times.
Sep 16, 2014 9:25 PM

Dec 2012
Temozarela said:
Great episode! I'm totally hooked up on this series. I'm getting shivers when I think how awesome animated fights will be.
Sep 26, 2014 7:17 PM

Nov 2012
fdsfgs said:
The_Butcher said:
I'm starting to question the people saying that Part 1 sucked.

It seems like a very good mystery/horror show to me. Nonetheless, a great episode.

It's not that Part 1 sucked, it's just that it's the weakest/least awesome part of JoJo.
Well this is really great to hear then cause I'm loving Part 1 so far.
Sep 28, 2014 10:35 PM

Jul 2013
I see.. so that weird mask transforms people into a vampire huh?

yeah! get that Dio behind bars! ye fucken spawn of satan.
Dec 27, 2014 10:01 AM

Dec 2013
JoJo is finally BA after the time-skip.
Jan 9, 2015 11:19 PM

Mar 2009
Dat OP!
May 5, 2015 10:09 AM

Feb 2015
JoJo buff as fuck now still like Dio more than him though.

Dat opening was pretty good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2015 9:34 PM

Apr 2014
seriously that ED is crazy good
Sep 19, 2015 11:11 AM
Mar 2014
Both OP and ED are amazing, great episode.
Oct 8, 2015 6:01 PM

Dec 2013
Didn't expect a vampire in this series
Nov 20, 2015 6:54 AM

Mar 2014
The OP's theme, why did it sound like I've heard that beat before? What's it from?
Dec 14, 2015 3:13 AM

Jan 2012
sun saved the day,thought Dio will die .

Feb 13, 2016 6:45 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
That OP is great! Dio and Jojo are so cool!

5/5
Feb 14, 2016 2:41 PM

Feb 2012
Intense fight scenes

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 12, 2016 7:56 AM

Feb 2013
"I dont want the sun to be the last thing I see!!!!" lmao why poor sun he fucking saved your life.

Apr 20, 2016 1:55 PM

Oct 2014
that opening

and the anime isn't that great but I can't stop watching it XD must be Dio
May 2, 2016 7:18 PM

May 2014
Finally an anime where the CGI is subtle and actually looks good.
Other studios should take notes!!

Also Dio is a colossal bastard, yet I still find myself kinda liking him...he's fun to watch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2016 7:24 PM

Sep 2014
Strawberrycake48 said:

Also Dio is a colossal bastard, yet I still find myself kinda liking him...he's fun to watch.
he's just amazing, just pure unmitigated villainy
May 2, 2016 8:00 PM

May 2014
Maloghurst said:
Strawberrycake48 said:

That's gotta be it!
It's actually really refreshing that it's made clear he's not just a victim of circumstance. Dio is just innately evil- he's a bad egg with villainous blood running through his veins...in a lot of anime, there's some tragic backstory that attempts to justify why villains are evil. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. However, I'm glad they didn't do so here.

I can tell this guy is gonna be an absolute treat!!
May 2, 2016 8:09 PM

Sep 2014
Strawberrycake48 said:
Maloghurst said:

That's gotta be it!
It's actually really refreshing that it's made clear he's not just a victim of circumstance. Dio is just innately evil- he's a bad egg with villainous blood running through his veins...in a lot of anime, there's some tragic backstory that attempts to justify why villains are evil. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. However, I'm glad they didn't do so here.

jojo pt1 really is your classical of classical storylines. raw man manliness, supernatural powers and rock n roll. Dio came to let you know what he's all about and he is completely unapolegetic.
May 3, 2016 4:07 AM
Oct 2011
Strawberrycake48 said:
Maloghurst said:

That's gotta be it!

That's why Speedwagon, even if he doesn't do much, is such an essential character in my mind, he had the same kind of tragic backstory as Dio yet is a polar opposite in terms of personality.
May 3, 2016 6:57 AM

May 2014
animalia said:
Strawberrycake48 said:

That's gotta be it!

That's why Speedwagon, even if he doesn't do much, is such an essential character in my mind, he had the same kind of tragic backstory as Dio yet is a polar opposite in terms of personality.

Yeah, that's true. It really outlines that somebody's past doesn't necessarily completely change elements of their personality (i.e- make them evil), but can only bring out what already exists within them. Dio's past was crappy, but it didn't make him evil....I'm sure that no matter where he was and what family he had, he would still be an evil megalomaniac. Maybe it would've come out in another way, but the truth remains!
May 5, 2016 3:40 AM

Feb 2013
Dio got caught by Jojo and almost died because of the mask.
Jojo found himself a trusty friend in the name of Speedwagon.
Jun 21, 2016 1:40 PM

Jul 2013
I had hoped Dio and JoJo really got become friends but it was all a farce and they both still hated each other.

Trying to kill his father, that's cold.

The ancient mask turns people in to a weird version of vampires, well ... didn't see that coming ... imagine if it'd gone the way of the movie The Mask (which used to be my favourite movie) then this would've been a very different show.

Wow, REO Speedwagon because I can't fight this feeling anymore! - that will never not make me laugh as a character name.
Aug 25, 2016 11:15 AM

Jan 2016
Shit just went 0 to 100 real quick
Dec 3, 2016 11:29 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The mask creates vampires!!!!
Jan 20, 2017 11:01 AM

Apr 2016
wow that op is so good . why didnt i watch this show sooner T.T if only i know this anime exist .
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
May 14, 2017 9:57 AM

Jan 2015
Ugh this stupid music was actually the Jojo ED... the more you know.
Can't help but feel that everything about this show is a caricature smh.
May 15, 2017 9:47 AM
Nov 2016
HapHazrD said:
Did you just call Rounabout by Yes stupid?

Also this show is an adaptation of something written in 1987, this series basically helped to form a lot of common Shounen tropes and cliches.
May 15, 2017 9:56 AM

Jan 2015
Volthoom said:
HapHazrD said:
Did you just call Rounabout by Yes stupid?

Also this show is an adaptation of something written in 1987, this series basically helped to form a lot of common Shounen tropes and cliches.

The music isn't stupid in itself, more like it's an overused meme in lots of Youtube content, even in non-anime related videos.
And Yes I know that Jojo had an enormous influence, thx a lot. Doesn't change the fact that the show seems overtly self-conscious and derisive about the tropes/clichés it uses. The fact that these tropes/clichés were not as ingrained and established back then does make it impressive too. Haven't read the manga yet so I don't know if I should credit the author or the anime staff about that.

I wasn't quite shitting on the anime, mind you, if that's what you felt defensive about.
Aug 7, 2017 5:11 AM

Jul 2016
A magic mask that turns people into vampires, nice one, Araki.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Sep 8, 2017 2:59 AM

Apr 2013
the cgi opening felt a bit gaudy, but the episode more than made up for it. and the reactions were pretty hilarious. XD
but seriously that bladed Top hat was f***ing ridiculous!
Sep 19, 2017 2:32 AM

Jun 2013
Jojo's bulging muscles. A Jojo is not a Jojo without those godly muscles. *remembers Josuke Higashikata from JoJolion and shudders*

Seven years later and they're faux chummy with one another, let's forget about the roasted Danny that they buried a couple of years ago. Danny is rolling, barking and shitting on you all in doggy heaven.

Why am I not surprised the Dio is poisoning Daddy George Joestar? I'm more surprised that he didn't just stab in the heart and force him to pass his entire estate to him or make him inherit everything through a will before he killed him.

Speedwagon gets kicked in the balls once and he's already in bromaticly in love with Jonathan.

Dio was fingered by a vampire, can't say I care.
臭い-
Sep 20, 2017 6:50 PM

Mar 2012
Cool knowing most of the characters in the first seconds of the OP after watching the rest of the Jojos. Completely forgot about that little easter egg.
Oct 14, 2017 11:55 PM
Mar 2017
This episode was better than the last, still can't say that I like it yet.
Nov 15, 2017 1:26 AM

Jun 2016
That OP, though. Damn.

Just when I thought Dio stopped being an asshole to everyone especially Jojo, I was wrong. Lmao. He's still an asshole. Tch. So, he's the one who killed his real father and now he's doing the same to Mr. Joestar. Dafuq do you want!?! 😑 Glad Jojo found out about the letter and his schemes. Lol.

So, the mask transforms a person into a vampire? Wow. No wonder it reacts to blood.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 13, 2017 4:40 PM

Jan 2017
vigorousjammer said:
Man, that OP was epic! ...even with all of that CG.

The episode was pretty good, even though I wasn't expecting this series to be quite this rediculous. The whole "I don't mind losing 4 fingers" part seemed a bit silly.
Perhaps it's a silly I can get behind, though. I guess we'll see as the show goes on.

Oh, yeah, and... vampires. That was unexpected. :P
I mean, I was more expecting that mask to turn it's wearer into Vega from Street Fighter or something, lol.

Still well-written for the most part. The whole thing is well-done. You can say their main target is not teenagers. They could make it a lot cheesier by cutting the story and adding to the exaggerations and do just fine, if they had the intention.
And still, Bill will live on.
He will befriend the next inhabitants of the earth, beings of light who revere him as a god.
And Bill will outlive them all... for millions and millions of years...exploring, learning, living,
until the earth is swallowed beneath his feet.
Until the sun is long since gone.
Until time loses all meaning and the moment comes that he knows only the positions of the stars
and sees them whether his eyes are closed or open.
Until he forgets his name and the place where he'd once come from.
He lives and he lives until all of the lights go out.
Oct 14, 2018 8:36 AM

Dec 2014
Seven years and they are all bulked up...lol so the masks turns people into vampires...ironic
Oct 26, 2018 2:08 PM

Feb 2015
oh shoot i wasn't expecting that blood and violence. i understand why it's seinen lol. and i had NO idea the to be continued meme came from this! i thought the song last episode was pure coincidence.
TomDayOct 26, 2018 10:55 PM
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KiraYoshikage - Oct 19, 2012

254 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Today, 1:56 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nidhoeggr - Apr 5, 2013

451 by toyupulk »»
Apr 13, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Favourite Jojo?

PushedCaraway - Apr 12

0 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 12, 6:33 AM

» why do people question the watch order?

Rye_the_Guy - Mar 20

30 by 13anana »»
Apr 2, 8:09 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nidhoeggr - Oct 5, 2012

445 by Zach_Murray »»
Feb 25, 5:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.