Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Nov 15, 2013 1:28 PM

Jan 2012
seems like an anime for teenager... would plow aki all day errday (no pedo)
Dec 19, 2013 1:41 PM

Jul 2012
What a slow episode. Nice animation and voice actors though. I guessed right! Hosoya and Kimura!

Will put on hold for now.
Apr 1, 2014 7:03 AM

Jun 2013
Great episode. So the MCs are building a Giant Mecha whose name is Gunvarrell or however you spell it. Also that line at the end "Those eyes, Whose are they?" was from Chaos;Head, kind of funny since I just watched the last episode of that like a half hour ago. To the next episode!
Apr 6, 2014 4:29 PM

Aug 2013
exword said:
I want app for camera as in anime for my android :)

this x2.

i'd get hit a lot for having that app, but still.... meow !
Jul 30, 2014 2:45 PM

Apr 2014
Started off pretty good, I wish I had an app/phone/tablet like that, turning all of the females into cat maids awwwww YEAH.

I'm liking the main dude so far, he seems laid back and cool.
Sep 22, 2014 1:18 PM
May 2013
Frenzyy said:
Started off pretty good, I wish I had an app/phone/tablet like that, turning all of the females into cat maids awwwww YEAH.

That C;H reference from the end.
It looks interesting , building a mecha in 2 weeks and stuff .
Nov 24, 2014 1:39 PM

Feb 2012
Is Steins;Gate required to be viewed before seeing this anime?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 9, 2015 7:51 PM

Jan 2010
The explanations in this episode were strikingly transparent. It's not that the explanations themselves were unwanted or anything, but it was quite obvious that they were meant for the viewers. I've purposely waited a long time after watching Steins;Gate before getting into this, for I knew that I should expect different things here. That being said, I'm surprised at how..."kind" this show is to the viewers.

Also, "whose eyes are those eyes?" Really? We got Chaos;head references? In addition to that opening Steins;Gate reference? This show is so stylistically different from its predecessors that I know I shouldn't expect anything similar, yet I can't help but have expectations, especially when it starts bringing in references.
Jul 21, 2015 1:51 AM
Dec 2011
that was fantastic...i love it so much already :3
Dec 28, 2015 3:14 AM

Feb 2015
Not a bad first episode... Not s bad first episode at all.

Hmm... Steins Gate reference at the start and another one from Chaos Head at the end, I hope they aren't trying to tell us something.
Feb 28, 2016 10:35 PM

Jul 2013
I personally HATE mecha anime. However, knowing the focus that the Science Adventure has on, well... science, I'm giving this one a chance. And so far I'm not disappointed. Even though I hate that goddamn giant robot.

Seeing exoskeletons showcased in a commercial was cool considering they've really developed that technology, and the idea of two kids building a giant robot in 2019 is not too far-fetched considering there's going to be a giant robot fight this year in June (though the real giant robots look cooler than anything in this anime so far).

It doesn't seem like it will be exploring the subject matter of theoretical physics like C;H or S;G, though the divergence number at the beginning and the "Whose eyes are those?" at the end very much link it to those series. The phrase sent a chill down my spine, though I get the idea it's probably just a reference.

The first episode certainly doesn't have the same impact as the first episodes of those series; however, I found it to be quite charming. I'm certainly hoping there is going to be more to this series, involving some sort of physics anomaly maybe, but I'll be fairly content with it if they choose to focus on mechanical engineering (as long is it's done in a mostly realistic way).
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Nov 24, 2016 5:33 PM

Sep 2013
Good 1st episode. I really like the female lead character, but the male lead kind of gets on my nerves. He's so uninterested and bored. I just want to tell him to stay home and play his damn video game if he doesn't give a shit about anything else.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 17, 2017 11:51 AM

Jan 2013
So this plays out in the year 2019, saw it on the file the vice principal was holding.
Who the hell would cancel the LAST episode of a popular anime, SHAME!

Oh they told the year at the end with the weird girl aswell :D

Anyhow, really enjoyed this first episode, I'm quite engaged into the story already (even though there's barely any)
Great voice acting and art/animation so far.

Surprised the club managed to build so much of a robot already, especially if Akiho has been doing all the work so far.
Nov 5, 2017 12:38 PM
Mar 2017
I think they said that the robot started doing it from the beginning of the club.

The voice / seiyu of the queen tsundere at the end: 3 ... and also the girl said exactly the same Chaos phrase; Head. That suggests a real connection to his story, he seemed to be a robot.

At the beginning (sec 0:35), the divergence number was shown, which indicates that the current world line is the same as that found in Steins: the true end of Gate.

The 3 series (besides being part of the saga of "science adventure") take place in the same world. Steins; Gate occurs one year after ChäoS; HEAd, and Robotics; Notes occurs 9 years after Steins; Gate (on the 1.048596 divergence line), although there are cameos the story will surely be very different. (Y)

For me this starts spongy and innocent and then hits you hard in the bowels ...
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Oct 8, 2020 1:49 PM

Mar 2018
I can't stand characters like the male lead. I don't think I could stand him for 22 episodes let alone one episode.
Sep 16, 2023 12:25 PM
Jun 2022
Reply to Alycen
GarLogan78 said:
Chaos;Head dialogue at the end?

Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate and Robotic;Notes do take place in the same universe at difference time (and divergence at that) afterall.
@Alycen they all pass at the same convergence except steins;gate 0
Apr 14, 10:14 AM
Nov 2019
Wow it's was a lot better than I expected. I thought it might be a failure like C;H adaptation.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Mar 21, 2013

339 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Jan 22, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

216 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

303 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

156 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 4:23 PM

» I keep thinking back about this anime

BreakApart - Jul 4, 2021

12 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 26, 2023 8:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.