Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 11, 2012 9:08 AM

Oct 2010
I never though the day would come but it’s finally here! This series rocks! From the start already the serious tone is in. This anime will be a most amazing ride as much as Fate Zero was. The vibes of serious shit re-tunes all around in this episode. Darker than Black vibes felt too.

Akane in the following,

Is totally lovely as intro. She also gives off vibes of serious while being a little rookie.

About Akane Tsunemori, from the start of her intro in the spoiler
Akane looks kind of plain and assertive of her duties. Her figure is quite MOE while being normal. A nice balance. Eye colour and hair colour match kind of convey that feeling of standard a little. A good thing as it make the viewers looks at other points she has.

The coming of the truck in the spoiler
along with the dispatch of the crew and guns was nice. I liked the flow it went and the atmosphere of the rain already shows it being tragic. I liked Akane around these parts from the way she depicted.

About the crime, it was very disgusting in the spoiler
criminal lost total control of himself by being insane and beats up a woman to a pulp. It’s to remark the situation is being totally natural with no censors at all on the part of the girl being only in underwear. That’s a good first sign.

That gun is rather insane and all is so futuristic it’s amazing actually. The effort on the details is spec incredible. My thoughts follow.

About the start, I liked a lot how it started in the spoiler
with a rather good view of the city and seeing the bad ass Kougami fighting and bleeding already. Quite the thrill starter.

About the cornering of the criminal, it is obvious that I assumed too much in that the gun may kill whom tries to use it. It’s the opposite, it locks itself up. However the following,

Is a kick ass scene to show of what gun can do along with the spoiler
it’s of no question that this gun whatever it touches blows it out by imploding it in a very nasty way to the point of blowing a whole half area of the body.

About the after fight, it’s quite obvious our dear poor woman in the spoiler
IS FREAKED OUT YO! Totally out of it and who would not be after seeing a half body implode and blow out like the GIF shows it anyway. The problem comes later.

That problem being the spoiler
itself in that it seems dirty cops are dirty after all. Make no mistake, shooting a victim of a crime is UNFORGIVABLE! You are essentially SPITTING ON JUSTICE MAN! That’s not right at all. At least brainwash her M.I.B. style. You know? Right? But of course not.

I did like Akane’s smile in the spoiler
in trying to help out the girl which sadly resulted in her killing a peace officer which I am not sure how the bureau will handle it. However from the looks of the spoiler
it was calm ending with Akane questioning the whole thing, it might soon turn out she will be hunted for nosing too much or questioning the system she works for too much resulting in mass revealings whom the info might cost her life. A plot like that is possible.

So in conclusion I rate this a 8 and see how fast it shall go to 9. Perhaps a 10 might have its place for this series at the end of its journey.
LunaOct 12, 2012 1:16 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 11, 2012 9:16 AM

Nov 2011

Ah, the OP song is alright with some actions between two of the main characters. Tbh, I like the atmosphere of the city and the theme so far. It has that dark city like aura to it.

I like Kagari's personality in this pilot episode as he seems to be more of the fun type that balances in between the gloom and doom. And ya, that means some violence like that knife scene...

Anyways, lovely first episode and liked the theme of it. Expecting more next time.
Oct 11, 2012 9:17 AM

Nov 2007
Interesting start of the series. Action with OP song.

That police with Kenji Nojima-san's voice is sexy, but very cold to the new police voiced by Hanazawa-san. Cooperating with the criminals to catch other criminals? One of them being voiced by Ishida-san seems very "womanizer". One of her first partners is the main character.

Wow, interesting! A "machine" gun that chooses appropriate criminal so that it won't be shooting randomly. The criminal for this ep. is sick, who ended miserably. The victim also became a target for shooting??

The ED was ok.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 11, 2012 9:24 AM

Oct 2010
tsubasalover said:
Wow, interesting! A "machine" gun that chooses appropriate criminal so that it won't be shooting randomly. The criminal for this ep. is sick, who ended miserably. The victim also became a target for shooting??
I think the gun kills anyone who tries to fire it that is not authorized. I think if used by an officer on another person it can act as a memory wiper?

Not sure of that but clearly it's intriguing. Also notice in the spoiler
??? Looks like a certain direct link up. The eyes and the signature read are give away. It sure has a advanced system of recognition.
Yumekichi11Oct 11, 2012 9:30 AM

Oct 11, 2012 9:28 AM

Sep 2011
THEY DIDN'T EVEN CENSOR A SHIT #MEGUSTA
ok now i'll go and watch it with subs
Oct 11, 2012 10:00 AM

May 2009
Nice gun
LunaOct 12, 2012 1:08 AM
Oct 11, 2012 10:15 AM

Aug 2010
I'm Hating Akane already...man this is annoying, it was enough to have patience with Sakura (C:B) for this season, but now we have another girl with the same personality here too?...wtf?! Not enough Kana-chan can make me like her :(

Though I gotta say other than that, this series is pretty epic...the concept is really nice. Loving Ko and the other enforcer already.

Totally loved the gore when he blew that guy up...really awesome.

Also the OP and ED are Fabulous!
Oct 11, 2012 10:18 AM

Jul 2010
i'm a bit overhyped adding Psycho-pass in my favorites for now but yeah its that awesome, ep.1 is just amazing, reminds me kinda of Equilibrium
and its not just your typical sci-fi story as it introduces mature and argument worthy theme for its premise

anyway, candidate for the best anime of the year here
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Oct 11, 2012 10:24 AM

Jan 2008
Well I guess we can finally put the police genre in a anime now. Wonder how long its been since we had one.
Oct 11, 2012 10:27 AM

Jun 2009
she just shoots him down ?? i wonder also why the victim is a shooing Target what has she done ???

anyways love it great to see hibari kyoya again :)
Oct 11, 2012 10:28 AM
Dec 2010
THE EQUILIBRIUM COMPARISONS BEGIN NOW

Except not really. This probably can't compare, esp. since they can't animate gun-kata.
Come see me bitch about bad anime and squee over KyoAni at infinityandone.blogspot.com
Oct 11, 2012 10:28 AM

Nov 2011
Hooray for Foe Yay between Shinya Kougami and Shogo Makishima! :D I can't wait to see the relationship develop between these two characters :).
Oct 11, 2012 10:29 AM

Aug 2011
Very interesting start. We already see the newbie is not gonna agree with the way the Enforcers do things. Sure she might have been right this time but there will certainly be a situation where it will come back to haunt her im sure.
Oct 11, 2012 10:35 AM

Jul 2010
Paul said:
Well I guess we can finally put the police genre in a anime now. Wonder how long its been since we had one.

since the days of Patlabor (1998) and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (2003-2005) which i guess being the last one is with Solid State Society during 2006 or unless i miss during the 2006-2012 gap
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Oct 11, 2012 10:36 AM
Mar 2012
no wonder they looked like reborn characters
Oct 11, 2012 10:45 AM

Jun 2012
Wow best first episode of the season.

I really liked how we got introduced to the world of Psycho Pass through Akane Tsunemori. I usually get annoyed at greenhorn characters but in the context of this show it makes complete sense. Top of her class in school but no street experience. Her actions were interesting in how she views the Enforcers and just being a cop in general. Though this concept has been done in SO many movies and such, I haven't seen anime tackle the noobie cop premise too much.

The atmosphere of this show is pretty great too. It's like Deus Ex meets Blade Runner meets Minority Report. The character designs are nice too, you have your bishonen but they aren't stylized compared to K. When that criminal was trying to rape the female hostage, it reminded me of Black Lagoon with Revy.

Slick soundtrack too which I enjoyed

With Gen Urobochi helming this, I'm very optimistic because his shows tend to have great writing that doesn't jump around everywhere(ahem SAO)
Oct 11, 2012 10:51 AM

Jun 2009
Well, was it good.
I liked how cliche but well handled the scene with the hostage was. Whole episode was a great presentation of the dystopian world of the series, i especially like the idea of Inspectors and Enforcers.
I just wonder if this show will manage to stay dark but good, not trying to be too deep, or do the opposite and become shit.
All in all, i liked it and definitely am looking forward to next episode.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Oct 11, 2012 10:51 AM

Nov 2011
Akane's way of thinking gonna kill someone on the field someday and i doubt it gonna be criminal. I hate her and her way of thinking already...
OnbuuOct 11, 2012 11:09 AM
Oct 11, 2012 10:52 AM

Sep 2011
OT: Show looks interesting and has my favorite seiyuu Kana<3
LunaOct 12, 2012 1:10 AM
Oct 11, 2012 10:55 AM

Nov 2011
Can somebody please tell me what words Kougami were mouthing to Akane? ;)
Oct 11, 2012 10:56 AM

Jan 2010
jenanime said:

I doubt anyone would know as reading lips within an animation is pretty hard as it could be just about anything. As some words, characters in this case, could look alike due to having the same vowel.

Also Urobuchi, why you so scrumptious?
Oct 11, 2012 11:03 AM

Mar 2012
I wonder if my eyes can handle this cuz I'm not good with people who die
but this is a good story and the voice actors are nice!
xxanimeeeOct 11, 2012 3:29 PM
Oct 11, 2012 11:06 AM

May 2012
Oooh yet another good Anime released this season, though I knew it was going to be good I was just waiting for it to be released, only one left is Robotics;note. I love the OP & ED of the Anime & the whole seriousness it gave off. c: This so far is Second best this season, after K, considering it's in its first episode that could easily change however.
Oct 11, 2012 11:06 AM

Sep 2012

jenanime said:

We can't be certain but he probably told her that she should shoot him.
Oct 11, 2012 11:07 AM

Jul 2010
and am i the only one thinking Ishida Akira should be the one voicing Makishima Shogo XD
Oct 11, 2012 11:07 AM

Dec 2010
Great opener with awesome animation, the concept seems great to, it holds potential. That said tho i'm already hating Akane, shooting him like that wasn't cool, her way of thinking is also very freaken annoying, as bad of a first impression for a MC that she could have had.
Oct 11, 2012 11:11 AM
May 2012
been quite a while since i've seen an anime like this, after all those moe blobs, a dark themed one feels refreshing,
animation is well done by production I.G., so far so good
Oct 11, 2012 11:12 AM

Sep 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
That said tho i'm already hating Akane, shooting him like that wasn't cool.

This guy seems a bit crazy, shooting him was probably the only way to stop him.
Oct 11, 2012 11:14 AM

Dec 2010
SetsukoHara said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

Its not just that she shot him, its her reasoning for doing so, naive characters like her are always freaken annoying, heck we got a character who is practically the same this very season in Sakura, i can't stand either one of them T_T
Oct 11, 2012 11:14 AM

Jul 2012
Best OP of this season. And maybe best OP 2012.
ED was cool too but not the best this year.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Oct 11, 2012 11:15 AM

Mar 2011
Awesome OP and ED,nice animation and ost,main girls is a bit annoying.for the episode 5/5
Oct 11, 2012 11:16 AM

Apr 2008
Come on MAL, set it as airing.
-
About this ep:
Was great.
Not for the faint hearted.
Those guns looks awesome xD

The main girl will become less annoying, less wuzz. They've set her up to get good characther development.
At least she ahs some backbone, unlike some other characthers the start out as a wuzz.

Oct 11, 2012 11:18 AM

Oct 2010
Des said:
The whole series is intended to be as mature and PRO as Fate Zero was and as a matter of fact:
http://myanimelist.net/people/10308/Urobuchi_Gen
START SAYING! YEAH! HE IS IN! YEAH!

Oct 11, 2012 11:19 AM

Nov 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Des said:
The whole series is intended to be as mature and PRO as Fate Zero was and as a matter of fact:

most of products which involved Gen are not intended for kids
Oct 11, 2012 11:20 AM

Nov 2011
SetsukoHara said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

Imo Kougami seemed totally normal(well what ever is normal when it comes Enforcer). This time Akane might have been right, but what about next time?(rhetorical question)
Oct 11, 2012 11:21 AM
May 2009
People are saying the OP is awesome already? But we haven't seen the animation yet... I don't know what to think about the song myself.
Looks like some wasted potential, though I guess it's too early to judge. 3edgy5me. The MC (not the girl, the ~badass lethal criminal~) and the antagonist (I suppose?) and their "relationship" (~destined rivals who only focus at each other~) seem exactly like something I won't like.
Also people are saying the main girl's way of thinking is wrong? Their system seems more wrong to me, seeing how a normal person can become a non-lethal and lethal criminal in a matter of hours, and can also go back to being non-lethal (..if given a chance, because our bad cops (I don't get why would they make the criminals cops, I don't buy the idea of "only a criminal can fight a criminal") can kill them before it happens). Of course she didn't want that ~badass~ guy to kill the woman, she was a victim of stress. The main girl knows something about it because she wrote thesis about it.
QashqaiOct 11, 2012 11:26 AM
Oct 11, 2012 11:22 AM

Jul 2010
FINALLY.I was waiting for this like crazy, and its finally here.Im not disappointed neither! :D it was a very good start.This season shapes to be an amazing one.
Rin Toshite Shigure! hell yes.
Characters seem really interesting, though main girl was kinda annoying.Im sure this will change after some serious actions though.She will understand that her job is not playing toys.
Im kinda glad its bloody too.Im not really into guro and flying bodies, but this really adds some atmosphere to show like this.Im not disliking it here.
EGOIST! hell yes.

5/5 first impression 8/10.
Oct 11, 2012 11:22 AM

Oct 2010
Takana_no_Hana said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Des said:

most of products which involved Gen are not intended for kids
Yeah exactly hence not for the faint of heart either. Most of his series are hardcore whenever the drama or violence is depicted.

That being said I can easily say this series will mark a hard choice for people to rate as perfect with other great series out there. In other words this series will pawn loads of series out there.

Oct 11, 2012 11:25 AM

Oct 2010
Im already thinking about dropping this shit. That bitch is annoying as fuck how many shows must they put in a weak willed female. I actually want a strong non annoying female for once. One that can hold her own against guys.

I hope she dies.

If she keeps being soft and annoying im going to drop it sooner or later.

Animation was good and i love the guns.
bonifideOct 11, 2012 11:29 AM
Oct 11, 2012 11:26 AM

Sep 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:

Its not just that she shot him, its her reasoning for doing so, naive characters like her are always freaken annoying, heck we got a character who is practically the same this very season in Sakura, i can't stand either one of them T_T

I know what you mean, I also hate those type of characters, because they usually change the mindset of other cool character. But hey, this is Gen Urobochi. so:

Oct 11, 2012 11:30 AM
Sep 2011
Minus the new girl, it reminded me a little of GITS
Oct 11, 2012 11:31 AM
Sep 2012
This into ep was fantastic, some great setting up for the dystopian world. Akane is definitely in the right for shooting Kou, as latency is directly proportional to stress level just talking the woman out of it saved her life instead of hooting her there and then. It's also great how criminals are actually made by the psycho-pass system as these latent criminals turn into real ones through social conditioning. I am so gonna root for Shogo as he's prob gonna be in the right for the entirety of the show. This is so freaking watched.
Oct 11, 2012 11:33 AM

Oct 2010
June93 said:
This into ep was fantastic, some great setting up for the dystopian world. Akane is definitely in the right for shooting Kou, as latency is directly proportional to stress level just talking the woman out of it saved her life instead of hooting her there and then. It's also great how criminals are actually made by the psycho-pass system as these latent criminals turn into real ones through social conditioning. I am so gonna root for Shogo as he's prob gonna be in the right for the entirety of the show. This is so freaking watched.

Dont be trying to justify that annoying bitch actions and you cant put logic in anime.
Oct 11, 2012 11:34 AM

Jul 2010
Damn, that guy blew up like a watermelon and it wasn't even censored to boot.

I already see the issue with letting the system decide what action to take against criminals instead of using your own judgement. Let's see if this comes to bite them in the ass later.
Oct 11, 2012 11:35 AM

Apr 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Des said:

Aren't I allowed to mention it? :P

Oct 11, 2012 11:35 AM

Jun 2009
AmberFebruary said:
and am i the only one thinking Ishida Akira should be the one voicing Makishima Shogo XD

yup sakurai is the best but i think that akira ishida isnt the right one too voice the red haired guy soome more anoying voice like kaiji (= shu) should had voiced him
Oct 11, 2012 11:39 AM

Nov 2008
June93 said:

Agree with this. At first I was mad when Akane shot Kou, but when I saw that the gun changed to just a paralyzer...I was surprised. I had no idea it could just change like that, which leads me to think that they could kill a lot of people who could of been helped and not killed. Also she's a rookie, she'll understand what she has to do as she starts to see what its really like.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Oct 11, 2012 11:42 AM

Jul 2011
It was cool. Although I kind of understand the girls way of thinking, that the other girl was just a victim here, it was not her fault that her psyche got warped up but the hell... i hope she gets tougher as the show goes on. Like kind of losing this innocent worldview would be quite nice.
Heck there's a lot more stories about "humanizing" tough guys, let it be a little about toughening some rookie girl in the police force (or whatever it is). Otherwise she could get on my nerves like, a lot.

But well, I kind of like how the situation turned out in the end and it's thanks to her that one more life was saved. Or not? We shall see.
Oct 11, 2012 11:46 AM

Dec 2010
bonifide said:
I hope she dies.

This, show would be so much better without her.
Oct 11, 2012 11:47 AM

Oct 2011
It was kind of ok
nothing too original - basic rookie that learns about hardship of life, becomes stronger but less idealistic, setting.

One problem I have is main character...
but maybe she starts acting like officer, as this time it was meh
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

928 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 5, 12:27 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

373 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.