Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2012 8:59 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Something went wrong with this ending.
Dec 16, 2012 4:24 PM

Dec 2009
Cute series.

I'm surprised by how great this anime was. Glad everything worked out for Nadja.
Aug 17, 2014 5:31 AM

Jun 2008
Yes , 49 episodes of looking for her mom and once she finds her she runs away lmao and above that realizes her feelings for someone on the run and she doesn't end up with him though both are basically aiming for a street-life , kinda unsatisfying but cant call it a bad end
Feb 25, 2018 1:31 AM

Aug 2014
it was good till the drama started in the early 30s then it killed it for me..

and the ending was garbage..
Jun 5, 2019 11:48 AM
Sep 2016
This was my first anime and my favorite anime ever, but yes I dont even like the ending. I would prefer Nadja to be with her mother and at least choose Francis but nothing happened like I wanted to. But still my favorite anime.
Aug 28, 2019 9:55 PM

Jul 2016
DianaCryBaby said:
This was my first anime and my favorite anime ever, but yes I dont even like the ending. I would prefer Nadja to be with her mother and at least choose Francis but nothing happened like I wanted to. But still my favorite anime.
right. this ending was just... let's say, it wasn't exactly the icing atop a cake. to me, it wasn't satisfying at least. i wanted nadja to be with her mother, go to school, and possibly choose one of the two. none of the above happened LOL. though nadja did end up traveling with the troupe, no matter how much she loves the troupe she does care for her mother. i have no doubt in my mind that she would visit her from time to time... although that also isn't quite perfect either, seeing as they travel so far and away that her visits would be 1. short lived - and 2. on and off according to if time is allotted. on francis and keith, that's simply a gray area for contemplation. nadja is 12/13, the twins are 15. they're still young. they'll be waiting for her i suppose, *sips* forever - but we won't ever get to see it even though we watched it all from 1 episode to 50 episodes. a true tragedy. still one of my favorite animes from my childhood which i've rewatched since. however -! if they made a new 12 episode cour continuation in 2023 in celebration of its 20 year anniversary, exploring nadja going to school perhaps and maybe living out a teensy bit of the noble preminger lifestyle, i'd be one of the first to keep my eyes peeled. (what say you) or to adapt the novel's continuation into that 12 episode cour, as nadja has turned 16 in the novel.
Aug 6, 2020 8:56 AM
Oct 2019
Such a great ending ! I've seen a lot of shows, and this is undoubtedly one of the best. Not sure why some people don't like the ending. In my eyes it seems a very fitting way to end the story. 10/10 anime. A score I rarely use, and I can't describe all the emotions this anime made me feel. I highly recommend it.
Aug 7, 2020 12:09 AM

Aug 2008
Loved the ending, although I prefered if Nadja stayed with her mother, or maybe took her with her to see the world together. I also wonder how things will got to Rosemary from now on. Will she ever get to be a princess? Maybe that's a question for "Ashita no Rosemary" :)

It seems like the romance aspect is left open, so that Nadja will know the answer when the time comes. Her confrontation with her grandfather went a bit too fast by the way.
Dec 15, 2021 5:03 PM

Jan 2016
Nothing really changed. Nadja is still seeing the world out there and we are still wondering what will become of the Harcourt's brothers.
Mar 7, 2022 5:54 PM

Aug 2011
SweetMonia said:
Loved the ending, although I prefered if Nadja stayed with her mother, or maybe took her with her to see the world together. I also wonder how things will got to Rosemary from now on. Will she ever get to be a princess? Maybe that's a question for "Ashita no Rosemary" :)

It seems like the romance aspect is left open, so that Nadja will know the answer when the time comes. Her confrontation with her grandfather went a bit too fast by the way.

I felt the ending was appropriate; Nadja's still young and has plenty of time for romance. And who knows, maybe its someone other than Francis or Keith (too much confusion there).

Ashita no Rosemary should be in jail; deserving, but I wouldn't want to see it.
Apr 11, 2023 9:36 AM

Mar 2018
I don't know what to think about the ending, but my feelings right now are pretty negative... I'm not even sure what was the message or the point they wanted to make.

I was liking this a lot during the first 30 episodes or so, especially those masterpieces directed by Mamoru Hosoda, but then the drama started kicking in and... ah... It's almost like everything bad was just a result of Nadja's bad luck or because she never learns that there are people with bad intentions who want to take advantage of her.
Feb 7, 6:42 PM
Feb 2024
While the ending for Nadja is alright, we're still left hanging with what's going to happen with the Harcourt family, as we don't get any hint of what will be done to prevent financial ruin. Marianne stepping away after witnessing Francis and Nadja together means that the only way to get financial help from the Hamilton family (marriage) is now no longer an option (unless the Hamilton family decides to help out anyway). There's also the question of Keith's future once news of the Black Rose Phantom dies out (Keith returning to the Harcourts, or at least visiting, sounds like a more probable scenario than in the sequel where Keith

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ashita no Nadja Episode 38 Discussion

philautia_ - Jul 30, 2009

7 by lilacego »»
Feb 7, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Ashita no Nadja Episode 30 Discussion

Unowen - Aug 31, 2018

1 by lilacego »»
Feb 7, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Ashita no Nadja Episode 46 Discussion

philautia_ - Aug 29, 2009

3 by JackDSF123 »»
Jan 15, 2:35 PM

Poll: » Ashita no Nadja Episode 26 Discussion

fanty - Apr 17, 2009

10 by SakuraTetis »»
May 23, 2023 11:16 AM

Poll: » Ashita no Nadja Episode 1 Discussion

hirahira - Aug 25, 2009

6 by UmiPinkStarlight »»
Apr 19, 2023 6:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.