Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 10, 2012 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

LOL @ the dream in the morning. The interactions between Yuuta and Shinka was priceless to watch this time around especially in the classroom. The cat was kinda cute with the little wings added on.

Oh God this episode was hilarious and intense with the battles, remote control, and umbrella.

Stark700Oct 10, 2012 6:40 PM
Oct 10, 2012 8:55 AM

Nov 2007
Wow, what a way to wake up from a sweet dream.

lol @ the guy trying to cover the girl when interacting with others. Short hair girl (such tennen!) and the girl that knows the eyepatched girl since middle school. Wow, her eye behind the eyepatch is really different!

In the end the cat transferring from the eyepatched girl to the guy.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 10, 2012 9:04 AM

Jul 2010
Dat imagination of Rikka is quite amazing. I have a new favorite character now.
Oct 10, 2012 9:05 AM

Oct 2010
It's amazing how much stuff get inputted in the episode. However it was nice to intro further 2 classmates with one expanding towards as far as tagging along with Rikka and Yuuta.

As a result we meet Rikka's family and room along with her mental illusions again. That provides variations of her insane mind. My thoughts follow.

About the beginning, the start in the spoiler
despite being scary is nothing more than a illusion-nary paranoiac delusion of Rikka’s sister being out to get her. It was very well shown how Rikka perceives all around her. This will be extended later on to explain.

About Yuuta’s dream, the dream Yuuta had in the spoiler
is nothing than a sexual wet dream. It’s rather clever how it was shown and how things got instated. One thing for sure as a boy from Yuuta is he wants to get abused by his classmate in the form of the water gun spraying jet along with the firefighter part in the spoiler
The second obvious thing is that Yuuta drools on the big breasts of his classmates and that is obvious from the depiction in the spoiler
but as a boy that is mentally dysfunctional, it’s normal anyway.

It was quite hilarious when Rikka woke him up in the spoiler
with water of all things. Fitted in with his dream. What was cool was the cat and most of all that art render of the Tiger. Both being quite nice.

About the aftermath, I liked a lot the way the title was setup in the spoiler
along with seeing more of Yuuta’s family and of seeing Rikka cling on to him. That was MOE TBH.

About back in class, that part in the spoiler
show how lovely and MOE Shinka shows out. One can see with winks and cuteness that is so true. It was very nice to see more of the class and other designs of the characters. Yuuta go his lucky break with Shinka alone. Which translated into a wet-dream in the spoiler
inducement and why not since he is sexually all over her anyway.

However what came interesting is how in the spoiler
things are being shown in terms of how Yuuta deals with his passion love for Shinka. He seems to have a hard time as his body can’t take it and he collapses as though having a heart attack, which really add to exaggerations. Those are further shown in the spoiler
through Rikka’s getup and behaviour. Good thing she came to interrupt his problem. Rikka in the getup looked good but more of mad scientist I would not trust with her mental background.

About Tsuyuri Kumin, it was nice to show more of her in the spoiler
with the whole cat ordeal thing. Kumin’s cuteness shows a lot and is nice. I had to laugh however at Rikka’s popping eye there.

About Rikka’s home and room. at first in the spoiler
I though it would be nothing but as the following,

Came…OMG WTF IS THAT ROOM? Totally weird, totally deranged. Person is obvious mentally sick. All those objects are out place. Chaos totally ensued there. With a German gun mixed in with Pokemon, Egypt stuff and weird clocks. Sounds like RIKKA ON CRACK! This is totally a mental room. There is even that cat from Pokemon.

I did however like how Yuuta in the spoiler
gets to have fun with the gun and is all excited like a little mental kid. HAHAHAAH! Just TBH. Kumin’s smile was nice there. It further expands of how nice of Rikka in the spoiler
to use such a machine to take care of her plants. You can see she tends to love the plants in taking care of them like that. A nice occupation to say the least.

In thee end of this part comes RIKKA’S SISTER! In the spoiler
indeed she does and what beauty she is. Having such a mature body along with composition cannot be mistaken. I did have a few ROFLs in regards to Kumin’s sudden scare of the cat surprising her. That was comedic.

About the fight, it was ridiculous in the spoiler
how much things went out of hand. There was some pretty good exposition of Rikka’s sister assets of whom her breasts entice a lot. However it was far more impressive of seeing Rikka get down with a rope of all things.

The fight got further interesting in the spoiler
by showing what Rikka uses that strap on her legs for. Well to her it’s her ILLUSION-NARY ULTIMATE WEAPON! While reality sucks shit to her of it being only a umbrella. What made the part dramatic is that Rikka almost got seriously hurt as that shelf went down. Good thing the fall was attuned by the bed itself. Else breaking a bone or hitting one’s head would not be far off TBH.

About the aftermath of the fight, I really liked this part in the spoiler
for the reasons that Rikka’s sister has more of her hot body shown while posing here and there. She is far more hot with loads more shots shown of her. The other thing was the recorder along with how she teased Yuuta so well that he showed quite a face there. Rikka’s sister’s eyes are quite something as this part makes you accustom to them far better.

About the fight continuation, just when I though Rikka would be out cold it seems she comes in the spoiler
while the flashback was interesting to see on what goes on in Rikka’s mind. It showed further of how Rikka is freaked out really. That is obvious with her expressions.

About the illusions, it’s easy to see that with the spoiler
it shows the movements and reality of Rikka’s time. While in the spoiler
it shows what her mind thinks it appears as. Got to admit the following,

Was a nice part of the transformation along with the SFX of the other parts. Best comes as the fight starts in the spoiler
and one can easily see that it’s quite SFX amazing but there is a problem with it being exaggerated comes the reality of what it really is. That of the spoiler
itself. Really grin reality there with the fight really being about the kitchen utensil and the umbrella only. NOT the super delusional mentally ill brain problems.

About the after fight, sadly with how things went in the spoiler
Rikka loses and gets KO by her sister’s weapon being from the kitchen itself.

About thee end, it ended peacefully in the spoiler
as one can see Rikka being back from her KO and Yuuta.

So in conclusion this episode further shows 2 classmates and their character along with a better understanding of Rikka/Yuuta’s mental problems.

BTW Intermissions in the spoiler
were nice and I like them. The characters are shown rather well.

The end card in the spoiler
is pretty nice too of Rikka IMO.
Yumekichi11Oct 10, 2012 10:38 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 10, 2012 10:59 AM

Aug 2008
That was an intense fight.
Oct 10, 2012 11:05 AM

Feb 2009
Best wet dream.
The senpai Kumin's voice is a bit too high-pitched for me. She's patient enough though to keep up with the two's antics.
And that fight. Flashy even if it wasn't real.
Now to rewatch the OP again. It's so addicting even if it's seizure inducing.
Needs more of class rep Nibutani. Best girl.
And the cat looked like an object with its shading at 12:45 before it moved at 12:53.
Could have fooled me. Wonder if that was intentional.
belatkuroOct 10, 2012 11:17 AM
Oct 10, 2012 11:30 AM

May 2009
Nice movements

All that suffering
Oct 10, 2012 11:44 AM

Feb 2009
^Being Yuuta is suffering.
Oct 10, 2012 12:20 PM

Mar 2009
This anime is hilarious.

That's all I have to say about this episode.
Oct 10, 2012 2:20 PM

May 2012
Episode 2 is out already? Then Time to go watch...
Oct 10, 2012 3:17 PM

Dec 2007
Some pretty funny scenes in this episode. I had to pause a couple times and cover my face though. Second-hand embarrassment plus overwhelming cuteness is unbearable sometimes, lol.
Oct 10, 2012 3:20 PM

Feb 2012
Reminded me of the steins;gate lab coat scene idk why

Thanks to @Yumekichi11 for the image
Oct 10, 2012 3:31 PM

Sep 2011
Another fun episode,Rikka still crazy as hell loved her "Lelouch" and Steins Gate parody XD
Also that epic skills!!

........well maybe not that much -.-

Her sister its great not only blackmail Yuuta like a boss and make Yuuta make EPIC FACE!

also has nice "battle"skills

P.S. She is hot

Kumin its a good add to the show,another airhead feel sorry for her getting hit in the head :(
Well so far its being pretty fun ride full of cuteness and crazyness,cant wait for more!!

BTW Epic battle is EPIC!!

GIF's and more on the Club!!http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=503029&show=0#post1
raxius1230Oct 11, 2012 1:40 AM
Oct 10, 2012 3:32 PM

Sep 2012
Subs out. :D
Oct 10, 2012 3:59 PM

Nov 2009
lol this episode was so much win, couldn't stop myself from laughing the whole ep, and what's up with that insane animation.

Rikka's sister is a pure evil, blackmail mc with his delusional past (*laugh)

Well at least we got to see a shinka fanservice scene xD.

9/10, love this comedy.

BEST-COMEDY-THIS-SEASON
Takana_no_HanaOct 10, 2012 4:02 PM
Oct 10, 2012 3:59 PM

Jul 2012
Damn Chuunibyou is getting better and better. Exceeded my expectations. So many funny faces in this anime :)
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Oct 10, 2012 4:08 PM

May 2009
I'm going to watch the fight scene again because it's too awesome.
Oct 10, 2012 4:16 PM

Jan 2012
So this is basically Kyoto's first action series because they can do that now. I don't know if they've ever made action series before. It looked pretty good. I seriously already like this WAY more than Hyouka.
Oct 10, 2012 4:18 PM

Jan 2008
Lab coat + bandage eye patch = genius combination.

Anime is much fun.
Oct 10, 2012 4:20 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
During the OP I shifted slightly to the left to gain a different space-time perspective, and found I really enjoyed the resulting spectacle.
Oct 10, 2012 4:22 PM

Jul 2012
Hilarious once again! Does anyone else feel sorry for Yuuta lol? All this insanity in his life, how can he put up with Rikka? XD
QuiGonJonOct 10, 2012 4:25 PM

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Oct 10, 2012 4:26 PM

Jul 2010
Im dying of epicness and moe-ness.I laughed so hard when they showed how the real fight looked XD
This show reminds me of time when i was younger and tried to fight with super powers while using awesome-epic poses and saying weird epic shit too xD im still trying to use some magic while holding pen *cough* or transform *cough*.
Anyway, imo her room and calculato- i mean magic device to unblock dark magic that is stopping spies from entering forgotten chamber are epic :D

Let the holy spell from within depths of oblivion be with you / 5
Oct 10, 2012 4:27 PM

Mar 2011
This show is so differently awesome. :D

5/5
Oct 10, 2012 4:32 PM

Feb 2012
Awesome ep. Dat dream!

Black haired Ui appears! XD Rikka's sister is also revealed and omg, she's cute.

That fight scene was EPIC. It went just how I imagined it would; dramatic action viewed from Rikka's delusional perspective.

Seeing Rikka fighting from Yuuta's perspective was hilarious since Rikka was just swinging that thing around lolol.

Was also hilarious hearing Lelouch talking in his Zero voice.

5/5
Oct 10, 2012 4:44 PM
Aug 2009
He could've break the stupid recorder instead of running for it.
Man Her big sister is pretty hawt.
Oct 10, 2012 4:47 PM
Oct 2010
This was so much fun, a lot better than the first episode...

And Rikka's delusion coefficient is over 9000. XD

MrNeet said:
He could've break the stupid recorder instead of running for it.
Man Her big sister is pretty hawt.
I wonder what compelled her to record him and keep it for so long. Did she think the day would come for her to blackmail him? or maybe she actually found it cute or something and kept it for herself?
AjunkyOct 10, 2012 4:51 PM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 10, 2012 4:48 PM

Sep 2012
The fight and comedy were good.
Oct 10, 2012 5:10 PM
Jul 2012
masterpiece promised.
Oct 10, 2012 5:12 PM

Feb 2008
Oh my god, the animation in the fight scene almost made me die in ecstasy. I'm really starting to like Rikka as a character too even though she didn't interest me much in the first episode. I feel bad now that I have to wait another week...
Oct 10, 2012 5:17 PM

Jul 2008
Fabulous max.
Oct 10, 2012 5:22 PM

Feb 2012
Tooka is awesome and I want to see more crazy fights in Rikka's imagination.
Oct 10, 2012 5:25 PM

Feb 2012
Another great episode :D

Moe show? Haters gonna hate~ :P
Oct 10, 2012 5:26 PM
Sep 2009
I think I jizzed myself watching this. Too incredible for one man's trousers.
Oct 10, 2012 5:30 PM

Mar 2011
I smiled and laughed through the whole episode
Rikka is adorable as ever and I really like Yuuta
That fighting was great and funny (because It's only delusion) and that dream lol
Calculator as a key? epic
Awesome episode
Firixizu_MintOct 10, 2012 6:00 PM
Oct 10, 2012 5:39 PM

Aug 2012
WELCOME TO TEH DARK SIDE
Oct 10, 2012 5:43 PM

Oct 2010
This is just way to entertaining
Oct 10, 2012 5:49 PM
Mar 2011
too awesome,

hopefully this keeps up
"....i am the villain in this story"
Oct 10, 2012 5:50 PM

Apr 2012
Wow this episode was awesome! Epic fight, Epic dream, Epic cat and well developed characters :D.

I just wished that Yuuta would stop beating on Rikka on a regular occasion, but that aside, this episode was a 5/5!
Oct 10, 2012 5:51 PM

Mar 2012
Although similar in tone and content to the last episode, this one was quite an improvement. The pacing was much better and the developments more diverse, as several characters were newly introduced and a brilliant action sequence concluded the episode. The story, so far, is quite simplistic in nature, but it works surprisingly well, due largely to the highly interesting dynamic between Rikka and Yuuta.

The chuunibyou sequences are consistently humorous, due mostly to the surrounding reactions, particularly whenever Yuuta or Kumin respond positively to Rikka's embarrassing fantasies. I particularly liked the last scene, in which, while Rikka quietly stands on her balcony, Yuuta receives her cat and willingly invites it into his house, since this portrays a more understanding side from Yuuta, as he's becoming increasingly appreciative of Rikka, despite her "annoying" delusions. Of course, my favorite moment was the spectacularly sakuga action sequence, which was really incredible, animated with a particular fluidity and exceptional attention to detail. Aside from the romantic elements, I'm still waiting to see which approach will be taken in regards to the overall narrative, as I'd much prefer it to develop in a more realistic fashion, where, towards the end, Rikka begins to mature, moving past her youthful, chuunibyou self, essentially allowing it to form a coming of age story.

Rikka and her delusional antics continue to be quite entertaining, particularly due to how Yuuta, despite how often it irritates him, becomes further entangled in her flights of fancy, allowing himself to occasionally indulge his chuunibyou tendencies. As such, Yuuta's continued suffering at the hands of Rikka, her sister, and others is rather amusing. Although there wasn't considerable progress in Yuuta and Rikka's relationship, it remains consistently engaging and interesting, due to their excellent chemistry, effectively causing their interactions to consistently be the best and most enjoyable element of the show. Two new characters were introduced, and they seem to be excellent additions to the supporting cast. Rikka's sister is fantastic, and I love the manner in which she counteracts Rikka's numerous delusions; definitely the best girl of the show. Kumin is also a pretty good character, as she plays off Rikka and Yutta quite well, greatly responding to her quirks. As for Shinka, she's a decent character, but relatively uninteresting so far, especially in comparison to the others.

The production values remain, for the most part, very strong. The backgrounds in this episode were greatly impressive, particularly the momentary glimpse of Rikka's room, which was extremely detailed. The animation, especially during the amazing fight towards the end, is very good, particularly in how it confidently captures seemingly subtle nuances in specific movements, displayed most notably throughout the action scene and the moment when Rikka's sister snatches her recording device away from Yuuta. The direction is also a very strong element.

All in all, despite enjoying the first episode, Chuunibyou has improved considerably with this one. Although consistently excelling in several areas, such as the character interactions and the animation, it's story and supporting characters have begun to exceed my expectations following the introductory episode. I'm really looking forward to the next episode, and I hope to see the character development strengthen as the story progresses.
Oct 10, 2012 6:03 PM

Jan 2011
you have to admit this show is pretty fun to watch on top of that Rikka's imagination is pretty damn awesome to look at (showing the reality of what was really happening is a nice touch too) and her sister seems to have to deal with it all the time lol.

looking forward to all the characters getting together new girl already seems to enjoy it!
Oct 10, 2012 6:15 PM

Jul 2012
This is just getting better and better each episode. Tsuyuri was introduced in a somewhat cliche way but overall, pretty good. Now there's two more people knowing about Yuuta's "Dark Flame Master" delusions. Shinka had such little air time today. It was kind of a disappointment. Oh well, now we just have to wait for the appearance of Sanae and then the harem story begins. The fight scene with Rikka was pretty awesome too. Now much of a fan of the delusions but the animation was well designed. This is a promising series; too bad it's only 12 episodes long.
Oct 10, 2012 6:15 PM
Sep 2012
Acropyre said:
WELCOME TO TEH DARK SIDE
"If only you knew the true POWER of the Dark Side!"LOL

It was so funny hearing her say that. It was out of nowhere and that fight scene in the end was so funny too. I laughed so hard as Yuuta and Shinka watched the imaginary battle and real battle taking place at the same time.
Oct 10, 2012 6:25 PM

Aug 2011
Brilliant ep. Anime is filled with so much cute and funny at the same time.
Oct 10, 2012 6:25 PM

Jun 2012
That fight scene was absolutely hilarious. It looked like something I would see in Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere.
Oct 10, 2012 6:46 PM

Jun 2012
great episode, wasn't expecting Rikka's delusion of a fight scene to be shown like that lol.
Oct 10, 2012 6:46 PM

Jul 2012
I TOLD you this show can go to so many places of endless possibilities. I was LOLing during the entire fight scene.

"it runs on the most power graphics card: imagination"
Oct 10, 2012 6:49 PM

Mar 2012
The fight scene was really epic, that's one hell of an imagination. It was a good episode. I liked Tsuyuri's character a lot, she's cute and awkward.
Oct 10, 2012 6:56 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
And I thought all their superpowers were actually real but all those grand visual effects in the fight scene were just Rikka's delusions! That made me lol!

This show keeps getting better! I'm so glad I picked this up! :D

5/5 for this episode! ^^ Moe lifts up my spirits.
Oct 10, 2012 7:03 PM

May 2011
Good episode, but Rikka doesn't seem to be as moe as I thought she was in the first. It was a fun watch and I'm looking forward to seeing more.
Oct 10, 2012 7:09 PM
Jul 2012
This show is fucking hilarious, I love it.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What would've happened to Rika if Yuuta hadn't reached out to her at the end of the season 1 finale

Soibi - Mar 10

7 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 17, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2012

671 by Devonnius »»
Feb 27, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2012

431 by Devonnius »»
Feb 25, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 12, 2012

489 by FarCritical »»
Feb 22, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Marow - Dec 5, 2012

323 by FarCritical »»
Feb 19, 11:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.