Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 11, 2012 7:47 PM

Jul 2008
Never Chaos;Head.
Oct 11, 2012 8:29 PM

Apr 2011
I started with C;H and didn't like that much.
S;G from the other it was a masterpiece for me.(and one of my fav.animes)
As for R;N only one episode has aired till now, so we should wait longer to see if is good or bad.
Oct 11, 2012 9:03 PM
Sep 2012
C;H, S;G and R;N all take place in the same world. S;G takes place a year after C;H in 2010 and R;N takes place about 9 years after in 2019.

They all have interesting, but different plot devices. None are really sequels so if you don't like one story, you can just switch to the other.

As for which one is superior, without a doubt it's S;G. C;H was too short, with 12 episodes, rushed and the ending was lacking for me. S;G had 24 episodes, fully developed story, humor in it and a satisfying ending. Haven't seen R;N yet so can't give an opinion on it yet.
IconicOct 11, 2012 11:09 PM
Oct 12, 2012 3:22 AM

Apr 2008
I watched C;H ages ago and enjoyed it, and just last week decided I wanted to play the VN so I grabbed that and an english patch and have been playing that. I decided to rewatch the anime as I go along with the game for comparisons and serious... what the hell is wrong with the anime O_O.

Without going into extreme plot details the main character is way more calm around others in the anime, which is a bad thing as in the VN when he speaks it's usually 2-3 words at a time, and a lot of stuttering. Also his delusion of Seira-tan in the anime is WAY too prevalent. It's like, always there. in the VN it was never manifested in reality like that... and it was never there all that frequently.

If you want to get the full awesome Chaos;Head experience then find a place to obtain the VN, and get the RC2 english patch (unless you understand Japanese). I ended up playing for 3 hours without even realizing it my first session.
Leader of Whiteout Scans
Current project: ReLIFE
Oct 12, 2012 3:29 AM

Aug 2012
just watch steins and robots at the same time. duh!
Oct 12, 2012 4:24 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
I haven't watched Chaos;Head, is it as disturbing as I have heard? I don't dislike disturbing anime per say, but I haven't been in the mood for one recently. I'd like to watch it now, but if its sick and disturbing, I'd rather wait until the mood is right.

Say,
random violence, gore, blood, etc. = not disturbing
rape, torture, etc. = disturbing
Oct 12, 2012 6:59 AM

Jul 2011
Start with Chaos;Head, then Steins;Gate and lastly, Robotics;Notes.
Oct 13, 2012 1:37 AM

Feb 2012
Screw Chaos;Head. It's trash anyway. Start with Steins;Gate. It's awesome and it's currently on MAL's top 10 anime of all time. There's a reason behind it so you should continue.

About Robotics;Notes, I haven't watched it yet but If you don't like Mechas then better drop it now. It's all about Robots anyway. It's self explanatory.
Oct 13, 2012 4:26 AM

Jun 2008
pizza_012 said:
About Robotics;Notes, I haven't watched it yet but If you don't like Mechas then better drop it now. It's all about Robots anyway. It's self explanatory.

Looking at the title only gives "half" the story. Rather than generalizing, why don't you try and watch it for a change.

The early plot is about building a robot, the plot device is a mini robot tournament. Currently the world is in a "Robot Boom". Real plot doesn't get revealed until at least half-way of the story.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Oct 13, 2012 6:57 AM

Jul 2012
pizza_012 said:

About Robots? I felt that Robotics;Notes had very little about robots and more about that people was relaying to much on internet and how dangerous that is.
Oct 13, 2012 7:53 AM

Jun 2008
zedar89 said:
pizza_012 said:

About Robots? I felt that Robotics;Notes had very little about robots and more about that people was relaying to much on internet and how dangerous that is.

When talking about "internet" use, Chaos;head is the main one to use it.
Yes, Robotics;Notes is mainly about Robots AT FIRST, but it's a not a generic mecha shonen.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Oct 13, 2012 3:57 PM
Aug 2012
Watch Steins Gate first! It may be confusing at the first episodes but it will get really intense and awesome later on... It is a masterpiece!
Oct 13, 2012 4:11 PM

Apr 2008
Start with Chaos;Head, it came first.
Then Steins;Gate.
Then this.
There's refrences to Chaos;Head in Steins;Gate, there's refrences to both of those in this one.
So if you don't watch Chaos;Head, you won't understand a lot.

Chaos;Head isn't bad, it's just not as good as Steins;Gate is.

Oct 13, 2012 4:27 PM

Mar 2012
Watch Steins;Gate!
I was in the same position as you couple months ago.
I dropped Steins;Gate on the first episode when it first came out because the episode make no sense at all.
Then, I find out it is rank top 3 here months later. I thought the site must be glitch out or something. However, I decided to give Steins;Gate another chance.
Words cannot describe how happy I was after finishing Steins;Gate.
I realized dropping Steins;Gate on the first episode is one of my poorest decision in life. Able to rescue that masterpiece from the drop list is one of my life miracle.

Anyway, watching Steins;Gate and Robotic Note, which show good potential as well.
Oct 14, 2012 10:04 AM

Aug 2008
Steins:Gate obviously!
Oct 15, 2012 12:09 PM

Nov 2007
Since the three series aren't directly connected other than being visual novels with a similar theme, I would say to fall back on the default "watch them in the order they were released."
Nov 2, 2012 4:07 PM

May 2009
TallonKarrde23 said:
Chaos;Head was pretty much awful both in the VN and in the anime. After the first half it becomes just complete and utter shit. The VN started off strong, had a great first half - but then, just like the anime, became just intolerably bad after that.

The guy who was writing the VN died when it was half done so they had to finish it with people who had no idea where the story was going. 'Tis a shame, because it was building up to something potentially great.
Nov 2, 2012 5:27 PM

Mar 2011
Thelostcup said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
Chaos;Head was pretty much awful both in the VN and in the anime. After the first half it becomes just complete and utter shit. The VN started off strong, had a great first half - but then, just like the anime, became just intolerably bad after that.

The guy who was writing the VN died when it was half done so they had to finish it with people who had no idea where the story was going. 'Tis a shame, because it was building up to something potentially great.

Wut?
Source please. Didn't hear anything about that.

Dec 22, 2012 4:03 AM

Sep 2012
I've watched and played S;G... and naturally after that I got curious about C;H..
After read these comments, I became hesitated to watch the anime... should I try the VN instead? Is the VN better?
Trying to keep my craziness at a minimum level~
Dec 22, 2012 5:49 AM

Oct 2012
arsenita said:
I've watched and played S;G... and naturally after that I got curious about C;H..
After read these comments, I became hesitated to watch the anime... should I try the VN instead? Is the VN better?

Yes, you should try it. The VN is superior to the anime.
Dec 22, 2012 9:42 AM

Oct 2011
Well, R;N really became interesting right now. I don't feel like I'm watching the same show, with the robot fights and lovely life mood from the first episodes. Don't be discouraged by the slow pace, it got better, and will get better, hopefully.

As for the order of watching these series, it's probably Steins;Gate, Robotics;Notes, if you want to ignore Chaos;Head.
Dec 22, 2012 9:44 AM

Dec 2012
Steins;Gate anime > Robotic;Notes anime > Chaos;Head visual novel.

*My Profile || Signature by Jeav || I am a part οf The Invisibles. || My Anime List*
Feb 3, 2013 6:24 PM
Jun 2009
Skip Chaos;Head.

It is pure shit.
Feb 18, 2013 3:28 AM

Aug 2009
Read the C;H VN, then watch the S;G anime and just skip R;N.
Jun 29, 2021 5:25 PM
Dec 2017
Any order but go with steins gate instead.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2012

266 by Rinkitori31 »»
Apr 14, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Mar 21, 2013

339 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Jan 22, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

216 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

303 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

156 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 4:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.