MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Robotics;Notes, Steins:Gate or Chäos;Head?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Robotics;Notes »» Robotics;Notes, Steins:Gate or Chäos;Head?

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
10-07-12, 5:08 AM

My Question is...
what should I watch first?
I watched the first episode of S;G but thought that it's a little boring at the beginning, so I didn't watched the rest...
And I watched the first episode of C;H and... don't really like it...
But I want to give Robotics;Notes a try... but don't know if I should watch the other seasons before...
So... can someone answer my Question?

(Sorry for my bad english...)

10-07-12, 7:26 AM

I would start with and finish up Steins;Gate. It's the popular opinion that the series starts out slow, but it's rated #3 on MyAnimeList for a very good reason.
From what I've heard, Chaos;Head wasn't adapted into an anime very well.
Starting with Robotics;Notes seems fine though, perhaps it will intrigue you into seeing the others.

10-07-12, 7:30 AM

You should give S;G a try! It maybe slow-paced and boring at first but after a few episodes later the story will be very awesome! And I think you don't really need to watch C;H to understand. I didn't watch C;H at all but I understood S;G. It's like they don't have any story relations.

10-07-12, 2:26 PM

Like Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate, I doubt there will be any major connection between the three.
Both Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head are both very different stories, and between the two share nothing in common (other than maybe one or two references in Steins;Gate to Chaos;Head)

I can say with a fair amount of confidence that you will not need to watch either of these series to watch Robotics;Notes.

But if you must watch them, I would suggest Chaos;Head, then Steins;Gate.
Also I'll say now, the anime series of Chaos;Head was down-right terrible, whereas Steins;Gate was A LOT better!

10-07-12, 3:22 PM

Also. Steins;Gate is far superior to Chaos;Head. At least in their Anime format.

10-07-12, 8:28 PM

All three unrelated. Watch in any order.

10-08-12, 3:02 AM

Ok, thank you all!
I already heard that Steins;Gate is a really good anime, but I couldn't get myself to watch more than the first episode...
Well, I'll give it a try if I have time for it. ^^

And I will watch Robotics;Notes when it's released~ Thank you, all!

10-08-12, 7:39 AM

What exactly was so terrible about the Chaos;Head anime? I honestly thought it was amazing, and definitely on par with Steins;Gate, but I swear I haven't seen one good comment about it on this site in, well, ever...

But yeah OP as everyone else said It doesn't really matter which order you watch them in, they only exist in the same universe as each other, you definitely don't need to know the lore to understand any of them. I personally would watch them chronologically just because the creators might release them in a certain order for a reason, unapparent as it may be, but its up to you man!

10-08-12, 11:39 AM

Doesn't matter. Just watch it in any order you want.
The only thing is common between the three in the semicolon in the title.

10-08-12, 11:40 AM

Order doesn't matter I haven't seen Robotics;Notes yet (it isnt out) however Steins;Gate is probably the best out of them all. Chaos;Head is good alos;.

10-09-12, 5:26 AM

chaos;head is not worth watching if you ask me. it gets even worse each episode.
Modified by peeaboo, 10-09-12, 5:43 AM
Signature removed. See your private messages for more details.

10-09-12, 5:33 AM

Don't bother with Chaos;Head. I'm surprised it's rated a 7 on here.

10-09-12, 7:44 AM

But if your not going to see Chaos;Head you should at least read what it is about or some things will be confusing at the end of Robotics;Notes since some of the research that the villain is doing is connected to C;H.

10-09-12, 8:18 AM

zedar89 said:
But if your not going to see Chaos;Head you should at least read what it is about or some things will be confusing at the end of Robotics;Notes since some of the research that the villain is doing is connected to C;H.

Seriously?That means I have to get my ass back at reading C;H.I just have no motivation after watching the anime.C;H(anime at least)was pretty good till the middle of the story but then everything started falling apart.Well it isnt the first adaption that makes the original seem not worth reading.I had the same problem with Tsukihime and Umineko.Fortunately the VNs were WAY BETTER than the their anime adaptions.

10-09-12, 8:25 AM

i have played s;g's vn and watching the anime and never look at c;h so do r;b *yeah the anime haven't air yet* at all even there is c;h's anime at my hdd. s;g is such a mindblowing series but don't worry, there is a comedy on it so u would gonna get bored easily.

10-09-12, 3:11 PM

Stick with Steins;Gate. Chaos;Head is quite bad, although I heard that the visual novel is good.

As for Robotic;Notes... People that played the VN & reviewed it weren't that pleased with it. Perhaps they were waiting for another Steins;Gate.

10-09-12, 3:18 PM

deathxempress said:
Stick with Steins;Gate. Chaos;Head is quite bad, although I heard that the visual novel is good.

As for Robotic;Notes... People that played the VN & reviewed it weren't that pleased with it. Perhaps they were waiting for another Steins;Gate.

I dont like it when people start a story and expect it to be the same or better than the "previous masterpiece".
Just from the PV I doubt that it ill have better main characters than Okabe and Kurisu.
And the story doesnt seem so "dark" anyways(I dont know what's going on with the story) unlike S;G where you knew that something will go wrong because of the time travel.

Now if that makes it a bad then what can I say...

10-09-12, 4:30 PM

Personally while it did have a brighter atmosphere i still think that the story of R;H is darker than S;G. The biggest is that unlike S;G, R;N doesn't have a reset button thus that the things that happen can't be undone.
And the Villain was so extreme inhuman in the name of science that you couldn't stop loving him/her.

10-10-12, 3:41 AM

I don't think it's essential to watch in the release order.

I'd advise to not watch Chaos;Head unless you want completion, because it is the general consensus amongst the West and Japan (sold 1,184 BD+DVD on average) that it wasn't a good adaptation of the VN. The VN (i've only gone through maybe ~10% of it) is apparently way better than the anime.

For Steins;Gate, it was well received in the West and Japan (sold 16,567 BD+DVD on average, to place 46th overall of best selling TV anime from 2000-now).

I'm not sure how the sales of the VNs for all 3 (including Robotics;Notes) were.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).

10-10-12, 3:43 AM

Chaos;Head was pretty much awful both in the VN and in the anime. After the first half it becomes just complete and utter shit. The VN started off strong, had a great first half - but then, just like the anime, became just intolerably bad after that. The anime was just shit from the start. I would very sincerely say to skip out on this entirely.

Robotics;Notes isn't out in anime form, but the VN was bashed on by the majority of Japanese readers, so can't really say yet.

Steins;Gate is really the only good one and is great both in anime and visual novel format. Definitely start with S;G...and possibly end there too.

As for canonical order - the stories, while technically extremely lightly connected (depending on certain circumstances) that aren't even ever touched on
- are pretty much stand-alone, so you don't need to worry.
Modified by TallonKarrde23, 10-10-12, 3:47 AM

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices