Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Space Brothers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 7, 2012 3:11 PM

Nov 2011
Loved the CD part

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 7, 2012 4:07 PM

Jul 2009
Nice ep.

Guess what's wrong with this picture:
Oct 7, 2012 5:53 PM

Aug 2008
^

OH I KNOW!
Oct 7, 2012 7:35 PM

Feb 2011
Eww, the new opening song is horrible.
The ending song is nice, but doesn't really match the show imo.

Anyway, another great episode.
I love fater Nanba. He's so badass, always keeping his cool.
Oct 7, 2012 7:36 PM

Jun 2007
Electromaster said:
Nice ep.

Guess what's wrong with this picture

poor murrica, even our nasa clothing designers can't get our flag right

Also, much better OP than the second, the second opening had a terrible song and one of the stupidest videos I've seen in ages. Sad to see Aki's ed song go though, it was not only great but perfect for the show too.
Oct 7, 2012 9:18 PM

Nov 2011
amginex said:
i dont mind the pacing, when im watching an episode i always feel like its too short and always wanting more.

anyone else feel like Hibito's launch should might explode or something? LOL that would be a major plot twist

I'm not reading the manga sadly but... I also got the same vibe. I mean if we have two brothers would be somehow plain to expect them to walk exactly the same path. Some plot twist might be on its way unless it will always be about Mutta's training.

I keep thinking about the UFO or whatever they saw on that DOha's miracle day. Don't think it would ever turn into an alien show but it makes you think something IS waiting for them when they get "there"
Oct 7, 2012 11:07 PM

Oct 2011
The new OP and ED were good but i liked the old ones better because I liked to sing and dance to them
Oct 8, 2012 2:38 AM

May 2012
I loved the past OP/ED, new ones not that good.
Oct 8, 2012 2:43 AM

Jul 2009
TallonKarrde23 said:
Electromaster said:
Nice ep.

Guess what's wrong with this picture

poor murrica, even our nasa clothing designers can't get our flag right

I didn't even notice that. xD

I was talking about the flying head Apo, good guess Kurini!
Oct 8, 2012 3:06 PM

Jul 2011
This show is losing its touch for me, I honestly feel like dropping it even though I came this far. Granted it is only 1 episode a week but this show is just starting to drag on me now....
Oct 8, 2012 3:09 PM

Jun 2007
Lately said:
This show is losing its touch for me, I honestly feel like dropping it even though I came this far. Granted it is only 1 episode a week but this show is just starting to drag on me now....

The pacing started out fine because things were still happening every episode and characters were growing, but it does seem like it's not moving at all the past few. Hopefully things will speed up a bit soon - I don't mean to some fast level, but at least on the same level of pacing as it was earlier in the show because yeah, it's totally starting to drag lately. I mean it took 3 episodes just to get to this interview finally - and now we're still filling up air time with shit that should span about 2 minutes, like the next episode which seems to be entirely about the same flashbacks we've seen a hundred times and a couple new scenes mixed in...It's feeling like they are just trying to fill the time lately and nothing is really happening and the characters and motivations aren't going anywhere either. Just a lot of fluff.
Oct 8, 2012 3:21 PM

Aug 2009
TallonKarrde23 said:
Lately said:

The pacing started out fine because things were still happening every episode and characters were growing, but it does seem like it's not moving at all the past few. Hopefully things will speed up a bit soon - I don't mean to some fast level, but at least on the same level of pacing as it was earlier in the show because yeah, it's totally starting to drag lately. I mean it took 3 episodes just to get to this interview finally - and now we're still filling up air time with shit that should span about 2 minutes, like the next episode which seems to be entirely about the same flashbacks we've seen a hundred times and a couple new scenes mixed in...It's feeling like they are just trying to fill the time lately and nothing is really happening and the characters and motivations aren't going anywhere either. Just a lot of fluff.

I think that's the real downside of watching this show, that it sometimes takes a long time to get things up to speed and keep the story moving forward. Personally though, I don't mind it at all, but I can totally understand why it would start to drag on a lot of people who want a faster pace than they're used to.

Idk, Space Brothers is one of those shows I'm willing to make an exception for its very slow pacing. If I walk away from each episode with a smile on my face, I'm totally okay with it. But I think I see why people say it's starting to wear on them.
Oct 8, 2012 3:58 PM

Mar 2012
When a show is very good, its episodes feel short. Never boring.
Oct 8, 2012 4:08 PM

Jun 2007
dietmango said:
If I walk away from each episode with a smile on my face, I'm totally okay with it. But I think I see why people say it's starting to wear on them.

The problem for me is that I'm not getting that lately, I'm just sort of getting an "oh, it's over". I'm perfectly fine with the pacing if it continues to give me that feeling the earlier episodes did, where I really enjoyed them and actually got something out of it (which is really part of what I love about this show), but these last few episodes are starting to feel more and more like they are just a way to fill episodes and like they are spreading things out even more than they had earlier.

Like, hell, the whole huge chunk of episodes entirely about going to and doing the locked-in team test? Loved it, the pacing was very slow, but every episode was full of content and character growth and development. Stuff was happening.

Now it just feels like it stagnates and goes as slow as possible...with no real reason, and like nothing happens during it. I mean we spent 4 or 5 full episodes about one little interview that, as the show even says itself "is just a trick". I mean come on. And almost all of that was spent with nothing occurring whatsoever.

I still love the show, and it's still great, but it's certainly got it's faults. And, now that I'm thinking about it, the problem - for me - isn't the pacing, but the content within the episodes feels like it's lacking lately. So hopefully it gets some more actual stuff happening again soon. I don't mean like action and explosions and whatnot, just anything really - even interesting conversations. SOMETHING.
TallonKarrde23Oct 8, 2012 4:12 PM
Oct 8, 2012 4:29 PM

Aug 2009
TallonKarrde23 said:
dietmango said:
If I walk away from each episode with a smile on my face, I'm totally okay with it. But I think I see why people say it's starting to wear on them.

The problem for me is that I'm not getting that lately, I'm just sort of getting an "oh, it's over". I'm perfectly fine with the pacing if it continues to give me that feeling the earlier episodes did, where I really enjoyed them and actually got something out of it (which is really part of what I love about this show), but these last few episodes are starting to feel more and more like they are just a way to fill episodes and like they are spreading things out even more than they had earlier.

Like, hell, the whole huge chunk of episodes entirely about going to and doing the locked-in team test? Loved it, the pacing was very slow, but every episode was full of content and character growth and development. Stuff was happening.

Now it just feels like it stagnates and goes as slow as possible...with no real reason, and like nothing happens during it. I mean we spent 4 or 5 full episodes about one little interview that, as the show even says itself "is just a trick". I mean come on. And almost all of that was spent with nothing occurring whatsoever.

I still love the show, and it's still great, but it's certainly got it's faults. And, now that I'm thinking about it, the problem - for me - isn't the pacing, but the content within the episodes feels like it's lacking lately. So hopefully it gets some more actual stuff happening again soon. I don't mean like action and explosions and whatnot, just anything really - even interesting conversations. SOMETHING.

Yeah I can see that. It does feel filler-ish at this point, but idk, I'm still entertained regardless. Do you think it would've been better if they gave Azuma more screentime and backstory? Because personally that's what I wanted more out of the past few episodes ever since this interview thing started.

Idk, soon it's gonna be launch time for Hibito and crew so hopefully there'll be more exciting stuff that follows it. That DVD-R too, I'm curious as to what's in it.
Oct 8, 2012 4:33 PM

Jun 2007
dietmango said:

Yeah I can see that. It does feel filler-ish at this point, but idk, I'm still entertained regardless. Do you think it would've been better if they gave Azuma more screentime and backstory? Because personally that's what I wanted more out of the past few episodes ever since this interview thing started.

Idk, soon it's gonna be launch time for Hibito and crew so hopefully there'll be more exciting stuff that follows it. That DVD-R too, I'm curious as to what's in it.

I think more of a focus on Azuma, after all the buildup about him, would have been great - and WAY better than what we got instead which was essentially nothing happening. I felt like he would be more important but he ended up with less character development and backstory than almost anyone else in the show so far, which is pretty sad. Kind of hilarious too though, in the show he's a guy who got pushed to the side for someone else and as a character in the show he also got pushed to the side for someone else.

I'm also interested in seeing what was recorded, clearly it wasn't really a UFO it wouldn't fit the show I think, but no idea what it really was.
Oct 8, 2012 4:43 PM

Aug 2009
Lol maybe something World Cup-related? They were throwing that quite a bit in the end and preview, if I remember correctly. But that's probably a red herring to throw us off. But yeah, wish there was more Azuma time. Maybe there'll be more of him later on? That'd be great.
Oct 8, 2012 5:07 PM

Nov 2011
Well I seriously don't think this show needs "pacing"... I mean it's not like this was some sort of action show. It was all just hilarious situations for Mutta and heartwarming in it's motivational optimistic way. I enjoy it evertime the same for these reasons. I don't want Mutta to get in space too soon, I want him to keep being how he is now, hopeful and trying his best.

I still smile when I remember scenes, like when he fell with his chair, i don't know if it's because they are funny, but more like the kind of things that make you think.... omg it ALWAYS has to go somehwat the wrong way. And then they turn out to actually work out somehow.

Plus you guys may not understand this, but... for aspiring flight crew members this show just got everything in its place. I've been through similar training and simulations, exams and interviews.... When I watch this I just feel that much closer to my dream as Mutta. I guess it's just that sort of coincidence xD Whenever I see certain scenes I just get shivers down my spine , how can I not enjoy it
Oct 9, 2012 11:41 AM

May 2010
Zidane headbutt really? wouldnt have thought id ever see that in an anime great episode be side that.
Oct 9, 2012 9:25 PM

May 2008
Meaning that Mutta answered correctly what azuma asked him ^^
wonder what will happen!
Oct 10, 2012 2:12 PM
Aug 2011
Kurini said:

"In a few years, I'll bring it back myself."

Liked this part! nice spirit, Mutta!!!
Oct 11, 2012 2:55 AM

May 2010
For anyone interested, Akihisa Kondo (近藤晃央) sang the ED. The single isn't out till December though, unfortunately. I do miss 告白 though.

Man I love this show. I think the pacing is brill atm.
Oct 18, 2012 4:01 PM

Feb 2008
Mutta should have been dribbling Mars in the ed if Hibito was going to be dribbling the moon.

I have a feeling Mutta will be bringing Apo with him whenever he goes places that Serika might be ;)
Oct 21, 2012 11:49 PM

Jan 2011
Another great, next episode will be about that DVD and it's content.
I'm looking forward to it!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 24, 2012 3:10 AM

Feb 2012
New OPED :O
Oct 24, 2012 5:02 PM

Aug 2009
I love Hibito's Corvette in the OP.
Dec 31, 2012 3:25 PM

Jul 2009
Ooh, new OP and ED! :O I like both of them but I kind of miss the old ones too. The animation in the OP is lovely though ... the rocket taking off at the end! :')
Ah, so Brian asked Azuma that question ... that he passed on to Mutta. I agree with what they were saying. I mean, you should always choose life - death only happens in the worst case. Plus, most people that say yes are just saying it. I probably would have said no too, because I'm not "prepared" to die :S
I love the interaction between Mutta's parents XD They're hilarious LOL ;P
So what is this Miracle DVD? Looks like it'll be explained next episode ... the secret behind the UFO maybe? LOVE what he said at the end ... "I'll bring it back myself" :D Yeah you go Mutta! You can do it :3 That entrance WAS pretty smooth though ... but uh, Hibito WAS sharing a plane wasn't he? :P There are 6 astronauts and only five planes lol XD
Jan 24, 2013 12:49 AM

Nov 2007
DOES in OP! Fantastic!

This anime gets so less publicity despite being a gem of a show!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 9, 2013 3:41 PM
Aug 2007
Hehe, never thought we'd see the Zidane incident in anime form XD

Loving this anime..
Feb 25, 2014 6:47 AM

Jul 2012
Again, I emphasis how much I adore this show. I love how it handled the rivalry between Azuma and the Nanba brothers. It wasn't your typical anime argument with sunsets, youth and tears, but instead, simple yet complex while realistic.
Jul 24, 2014 3:30 PM

Nov 2011
Aww, I liked the previous OP song better...
Aug 17, 2014 11:34 PM

Nov 2011
I like the new OP and ED, but I don't like them anywhere near as much as I did the last two. :/

It looks like Mutta managed to win over Azuma.

Am I the only one who can't shake the feeling that the Jay brothers might be foreshadowing? That, and the consistent mention of death has been eating at me a bit. This seems like a pretty lighthearted show, but what if Hibito dies? Or what if Mutta dies?

I mean... That would be a really big punch in the gut. I hope I'm over-thinking it.
Mar 28, 2015 8:47 PM

Jun 2009
Apr 12, 2015 10:38 AM

Aug 2010
new OP and ED are pretty cool~ wonder what's inside the dvd...
Nov 11, 2015 6:54 AM
Dec 2009
Great answer from Mutta. Loved seeing the flashback with Azusa's answer too.

And I agree... I'll never be ready for death. I think I'd almost always try to choose life.
Nov 13, 2015 1:46 AM

Mar 2012
Seems Mutta is in the clear. Looking forward to the launch.
Dec 11, 2016 2:45 PM

May 2015
Man, Mutta and Hibito Dad is joke-killer :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 25, 2016 2:10 PM

Nov 2016
Episode 27 - One Question:

New Opening Show the strength of the brothers and Apo bond.

A nice chat with Azuma and Brian, some flashback memories from Azuma.

The new ending look smooth with Mutta playing with a ball of Earth and Hibito with one from the Moon.

"Are you prepared to die?" (Brian Jay to Azuma and Azuma to Mutta)

4/5
Sep 11, 2017 4:17 PM

May 2012
Wonderful episode, especially that ending! Let's see what's next.

Lovely new OP and ED as well!
Mar 7, 2018 8:12 AM

Feb 2013
He gave the right answer, nice.
Zidane is more important than an UFO, we all knew that.
Oct 25, 2020 3:31 PM

Dec 2007
until i finally got to grow on the 2nd opening they change it? this op seems it will take more time to grow on me, the ed was cute though.

i knew that azuma going to ask mutta something that he may fail in it, but mutta didn't failed us.

so they succeed recording the UFO? i wonder what recording in it, hope they show us.

and i hope hibito launch going to be excited as excepted...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Allografter - Mar 22, 2014

152 by valoon »»
Apr 7, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Rinji- - Aug 10, 2013

63 by ohmmoto »»
Jan 27, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 28 Discussion

MissileSoup - Oct 13, 2012

48 by bankredmeadow »»
Jan 22, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kurini - Feb 2, 2013

150 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 22, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 16 Discussion

thunderrain - Jul 14, 2012

41 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 21, 3:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.