Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2012 11:52 PM

Dec 2010
Great opener which stayed faithful to the manga, tho the first half was dragged out a bit. Really liked the animation though, particularly of the flames, Sakura however did look a little weird as compared to the manga. Also Ogami's VA did an awesome job, Accelerator ftw XD

The only down point really in this first episode is the censorship which was a bit annoying to say the least.
Oct 7, 2012 12:27 AM

Jul 2012
Мusic in the background of some places was quite noisy.Anyway a good start for this anime
Oct 7, 2012 12:31 AM

Jan 2011
keep those blue flames burning Rin er..i mean Rei

poor dog gonna miss that funny run of his :( but is there gonna be a lot of censorship? i understand the whole dog part (animal cruelty and such)
Oct 7, 2012 12:42 AM

Dec 2011
Now that was badass.
Code Breaker getting an anime made the story look so much better.
The animation is really good.

I can't wait to see more!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2012 12:46 AM
May 2012
I really wanted to see what's gonna happen to Sakurakouji next!!

Is she dead?!
Did ogami killed her?!

God, THE INSANITY! I mean did you saw what happened at the end of the episode?!
JafriZinOct 7, 2012 12:56 AM
Oct 7, 2012 12:47 AM

Nov 2007
I like the ED.

Wow this was harsh. Ogami seemed cool, but kinda didn't expect him to straight up kill those bad guys or kill the dog even if it was a mercy kill.

Interesting seems to be more dudes than girls though. With preachy girl being the main character.

Ogami has blue flames, and even the same VA as Blue Exorcist. Also remembering him from Hagure Yuusha no Estetica.

And Sakura's VA is very recognizable as well. Also Hagure plus DxD, Zombie, Campione, Seitokai .... wow no wonder I remembered her.

Decent first episode. I'm sure they'll have a love/hate relationship in no time.
Oct 7, 2012 1:09 AM
Dec 2008
a reverse harem with meh story : ....."Hiiro no Kakera" or "Arcana_Famiglia " of this season :\

no thanks !
Oct 7, 2012 1:15 AM

Nov 2011
Not bad. It'd be nice if the girl dies, as a demonstration of ruthlessness. Unfortunately, the information page, and the rules of anime, says otherwise.

k2 said:
a reverse harem with meh story : ....."Hiiro no Kakera" or "Arcana_Famiglia " of this season :

no thanks !

Is this speculation based on the first episode, or have you read the manga or have sufficient information? If the latter, it would save me some time.
Oct 7, 2012 1:15 AM

Sep 2011
JeffreyZin said:
I really wanted to see what's gonna happen to Sakurakouji next!!

Is she dead?!
Did ogami killed her?!

God, THE INSANITY! I mean did you saw what happened at the end of the episode?!

Main female protagonist dying in first episode or at all? Not going to happen.
Oct 7, 2012 1:29 AM

Dec 2010
MissileSoup said:
Not bad. It'd be nice if the girl dies, as a demonstration of ruthlessness. Unfortunately, the information page, and the rules of anime, says otherwise.

k2 said:
a reverse harem with meh story : ....."Hiiro no Kakera" or "Arcana_Famiglia " of this season :

no thanks !

Is this speculation based on the first episode, or have you read the manga or have sufficient information? If the latter, it would save me some time.

Sigh...there is no reverse harem

Oct 7, 2012 1:41 AM

Dec 2011
Well, this was awesome.
Oct 7, 2012 2:08 AM

Feb 2010
the censorship was the only negativ for me but it was expected personally i can't wait for more.
Oct 7, 2012 2:14 AM

Oct 2010
I just know i hate Sakura i hope she dies but hell on the main page on MAL you can tell she doesnt she is a main character. I hate characters like her act so high and mightly. I know she better not change Rei Oogami personality. I like him being cold and brutal. LMFAO
Oct 7, 2012 2:17 AM

Nov 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
Sigh...there is no reverse harem

My concern was more with the "meh story" and the mention of "Arcana Famiglia", but thanks for the information anyway; it was enough for me to infer that what I quoted from the above user was mere speculation.
Oct 7, 2012 2:29 AM
Feb 2012
Opening Animation was not so good.... I like the music but image sequence reminded me of those oldish shounen anime openings a bit
Ending animation and song was so much better, thankfully.

I had hoped they would have stuck with the manga art for the girls - they seem too sparkly now.

If I remember correctly the story is good but it gets really confusing at times because a lot of characters do show up.
Oct 7, 2012 2:58 AM

Oct 2011
not too bad - reminded me somewhat of zetman........bit of a roy mustang ripoff with the glove and whatnot........
Oct 7, 2012 3:01 AM

Jan 2012
Looks quite good. I enjoyed it. Want to see what happens in the next episode.

Oct 7, 2012 3:14 AM
Aug 2011
I seriously loved all the minor changes that were made.

Instead of just continuing riding the bus, she went out immediately, and didn't confront the policeman only the next day.

Aoba talking about Sakuras aikido was changed so they showed us her sparring instead.
Although, they messed up and didn't show the abnormal strength she possess. Seeing as how that really is important in the story and its related to what's going to happen after/with Rei trying to burn her.

Sakura's friends were turned into background characters during this episodes,but we'll probably get their introduction before Hitomi shows up.

I'm also glad there was early foreshadowing concerning Hitomi and Prime Minister Fujiwara, but we'll probably get none for Seeker-dono, unless there's plans for a second season.

Sakura's "fight" was extended and was done well, I always found it weird that she'd call the police while fighting. The cruelty towards the homeless guy was too subtle aswell, it didn't invoke enough sympathy.

The Code:Breakers are really appearing too soon. I can't see how they'll have Yuuki and Rui interact with others so soon.

Damn this anime/series if it never gets to

Burn in Satans Blaze, evil scum

5/5
Oct 7, 2012 3:18 AM
May 2012
Sakura & other girls eyes just didn't match CB manga style, those eyes were too shoujo-look >.<

Oh well not bad at all 1st episode..
Oct 7, 2012 3:28 AM

Sep 2012
Meh start! The only good scene was when Ogami killed that dog, the rest was pretty generic.
Oct 7, 2012 3:46 AM

May 2010
dont really know what to think of it. reminds me on a less gay,shiny and blinky version of K.
Oct 7, 2012 3:51 AM
Feb 2009
so she ded?? o.0
Oct 7, 2012 3:55 AM
May 2012
the only things i actually like about this show are the op & ed songs, besides that nothing really striking...
Oct 7, 2012 4:03 AM

May 2010
Fleiya said:
so she ded?? o.0

she better be dead. im sick of people being alive even tho their HP bar was clearly 100% empty ^^
Oct 7, 2012 4:08 AM

Jul 2011
Kerozinn said:
Fleiya said:
so she ded?? o.0

she better be dead. im sick of people being alive even tho their HP bar was clearly 100% empty ^^

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic about the first part of your sentence, but there is no chance that she will be dead.

Oct 7, 2012 4:11 AM

Sep 2011
thought it would be more 'badass' but it didn't meet my expectation tbh
will watch couple more episodes and judge
3\5
Oct 7, 2012 4:14 AM

May 2010
Obstinate said:
Kerozinn said:
Fleiya said:
so she ded?? o.0

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic about the first part of your sentence, but there is no chance that she will be dead.

well it would be weird if she were dead now cause she seemed to be one of the main characters. but maybe im wrong.
Oct 7, 2012 4:16 AM

Feb 2008
No she won't be dead it's a bad habit to read her information tab .

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 7, 2012 4:26 AM
Mar 2012
this was better than what I expected, although I didn't like how simple the people in the school were
Oct 7, 2012 4:33 AM

Aug 2012
Good start great episodes except the censored part .

8/10

sometime I feel like wanted to hit that guy who come up with the sensorship
Oct 7, 2012 4:33 AM

Aug 2012
All i can say is that this was a great episode and i am definatly watching more and i hope that this will be a mainstream anime and not a 12 or 13 or even 25 ep anime. who else hopes that this will be mainstream anime?
animeruler1Oct 7, 2012 5:55 AM
Oct 7, 2012 4:42 AM

Apr 2011
Really good the first episode.
Also dat opening and ending :D
Looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 7, 2012 4:45 AM

Mar 2011
Awesome 1st episode,Ogami is badass but that censoring is annoying.
Oct 7, 2012 4:51 AM
Aug 2011
Kerozinn said:
Obstinate said:
Kerozinn said:
Fleiya said:
so she ded?? o.0

well it would be weird if she were dead now cause she seemed to be one of the main characters. but maybe im wrong.

You're in for a ride if you hate Sakura now already.
And obviously she isn't dead. She's technically the MC, while Rei is the Anti-Hero.
Oct 7, 2012 4:54 AM

Mar 2011
Better than I thought
Great animation <-- Did not expect this
Ogami Rei is cool but a bit unlikable and Sakura I don't know about her..
The plot doesn't seems too interesting though
But other than that It was great
Oct 7, 2012 4:55 AM

Nov 2011
Poor dog =S
Oct 7, 2012 4:56 AM

Sep 2009
Awesome episode. Didn't get it why are they showing images of Hitomi, PM and the other Code:Breakers now...
Oct 7, 2012 5:04 AM

Oct 2011
OMG this turned out to be better than I expected!!!!
THE ENDING <33
TOKI!! EVERYONE!! They looked so badass animated! <333
Oct 7, 2012 5:15 AM

Apr 2011
Main female character is DEAD ?
Oct 7, 2012 5:32 AM

Jun 2011
Pretty much what I was expecting from Zetsuen no Tempest. Great start, I can't get myself to like ogami. And its not even because of him killing the dog, I reckon its because of his VA and his voice when he switches to "cool" mode.

5/5

First impressions: 7.5
Oct 7, 2012 5:34 AM

May 2010
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Kerozinn said:
Obstinate said:
Kerozinn said:
Fleiya said:
so she ded?? o.0

You're in for a ride if you hate Sakura now already.
And obviously she isn't dead. She's technically the MC, while Rei is the Anti-Hero.

oh no i actually like her character :) no i am curious how this is to continue.
Oct 7, 2012 5:59 AM

May 2012
I loved the scene were Ogami started killing, That just topped it off for me, a main goodish like guy that isn't afraid the kill! Loved the OST as well, The opening & ending was good & the dog scene was sad ; v ; Really looking forward to how this anime progresses.
Oct 7, 2012 6:12 AM
Jul 2010
Whoa, it actually made me drop it after only one episode... Well done.
People shining in blue, what a shock, not like you see that in every single anime...
Main character - whoo, look at me being so cryptic and mysterious and with a monotone voice, main female character - yay me, I'm the absolutely typical anime girl, fighting for justice and truth, secretly dreaming of being a mahou shojo.
Art was bad, music - ew, god no. The stupidness and dumbness of the OST were at an extreme level. OP - really? ED - meh... not catchy, typical j-rock song.
It was bad enough at first but when they brought up animal abuse just to shake things up and have a very unsuccessful try at connecting with the audience... yep, lost me there.
I honestly hadn't seen such a bad first episode since... well, a long time. God forbid I make the mistake of seeing the next one.

Aug 2008
Oh oh, I didn't expect him to really burn the girl :O
I wonder how he'll change his mind...
Aug 2011
Lamp said:
Awesome episode. Didn't get it why are they showing images of Hitomi, PM and the other Code:Breakers now...

Some sites list this as a 13 episode series.

Hitomi is shown because he is

Yukihina is also going to appear along side him as shown in one of the previews. I can see Rui interacting with him because

I really don't know how Yuuki fits in. I can't remember If he has any history with the characters that are known to appear. There is

TrOjAnHoRsE said:
Main female character is DEAD ?

I don't understand this. You say she's the MC, yet you seem to believe that she is dead.

Kerozinn said:
oh no i actually like her character :) no i am curious how this is to continue.

Many people who read the manga hate her, I don't. Here's some advice from me. Before you judge her completely, wait for some details on her past and try to understand it from her point of view.

waterflame said:
Whoa, it actually made me drop it after only one episode... Well done.
People shining in blue, what a shock, not like you see that in every single anime...
Main character - whoo, look at me being so cryptic and mysterious and with a monotone voice, main female character - yay me, I'm the absolutely typical anime girl, fighting for justice and truth, secretly dreaming of being a mahou shojo.
Art was bad, music - ew, god no. The stupidness and dumbness of the OST were at an extreme level. OP - really? ED - meh... not catchy, typical j-rock song.
It was bad enough at first but when they brought up animal abuse just to shake things up and have a very unsuccessful try at connecting with the audience... yep, lost me there.
I honestly hadn't seen such a bad first episode since... well, a long time. God forbid I make the mistake of seeing the next one.

Well, you hate everything that plays a vital role in the story and that which helps move the plot along.

The animal abuse. Slight spoiler here.

I want to suggest that you try reading chapter 1 of the manga, but I doubt you'll change your opinion so easily.
Gatchum_Bye-ByeOct 7, 2012 6:28 AM
Oct 7, 2012 6:43 AM
May 2012
An eye for an eye,a tooth for a tooth,evil for evil!
At least The mc has his sight straight!
so he burned the female!
so exciting!
9/10
Oct 7, 2012 6:50 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
At first I was like "just good", then he burns Sakura and I was like "hell yeah!". Like me some merciless character.
Oct 7, 2012 7:28 AM

Apr 2011
The way how he burned everyone got me sold on this anime.
Oct 7, 2012 7:30 AM

Oct 2009
So showing a girl getting tied up and kicked in the stomach is ok, but a dog getting punched requires censorship, huh ?

Anyway, dropped due to Sausagefest Syndrome.
Oct 7, 2012 7:33 AM
Aug 2011
Hikarusuke said:
The way how he burned everyone got me sold on this anime.

Then you'll definitely enjoy the rest of the series. Much more epic deaths/killing in the future
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The purpose of the female lead.

RudeRedis - Jan 6

3 by Sekiro94 »»
Jan 6, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Code:Breaker Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2012

78 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 3, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Code:Breaker Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

102 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 1, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Code:Breaker Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2012

163 by AyanAliShah »»
Oct 9, 2023 7:38 AM

Poll: » Code:Breaker Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2012

70 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.