Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (27) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2012 12:55 PM
Apr 2011
This was the first good episode of SAO in a reaaaaaaally long time. Way to pull it around! The foreshadowing that Asuna would get killed was really obvious in the previous episode, but I didn't predict Kirito dying and the other stuff along with it. Good job anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2012 12:56 PM

Mar 2009
The falling of Aincrad was more beautiful than I imagined it would be. Though I hoped for a really spectacural fight with Kayaba. It was a bit annoying that Kirito starts on not using the sword skills and then a second later he activates it anyway >__< Thay should have made him wait a minute at least before he does that.
Loved how that last polygon part of Asuna poofed on Kirito's hand.
Oct 6, 2012 12:56 PM
Oct 2010
WTF, why couldn't they do a normal mutual kill and instead went with the power of will? bleurgh. (And also, what was the point of that resurrection item? just a red herring?)

I don't know, I've been giving this the benefit of the doubt but this resolution sucks...

Well, the reveal was cool and unexpected (for me), but still, I hate the use of rule-breaking wins.

(I'm also wondering at how they planned to find each other in the real world without knowing their real names)
AjunkyOct 6, 2012 1:03 PM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 6, 2012 12:59 PM

Jul 2011
Well, this was a really reasonable good episode. Good to know the producers spent the budget to make a good battle sequence and those beautiful landscapes. 4/5
Now, if you excuse me, I´m gonna wait the flamewar regarding Kayaba´s castle, among other things. MWAHAHAHAHAHHA!
Oct 6, 2012 12:59 PM

Jul 2009
Ok...without spoilers pls....ITS NOT OVER SOON RIGHT??? STILL GNNA BE 25 EPS???
Oct 6, 2012 1:02 PM

Jul 2012
MoeMoeKyun said:
Ok...without spoilers pls....ITS NOT OVER SOON RIGHT??? STILL GNNA BE 25 EPS???

yea
Oct 6, 2012 1:04 PM

Sep 2012
That would have been the end of the first volume, where the author was originally going to end the story. Then thankfully, after the popular began to explode, the author kept on going.

Now imagine if that were the end. Just how would you feel?
Oct 6, 2012 1:04 PM
Sep 2012
Wonder how much they are going to cover, could they cover gun gale too?
Oct 6, 2012 1:05 PM

Jul 2012
Well, now whats going to happen? ._. I know its not over but how are things going to go from here? Honestly, I just want to see next weeks so kirito and Asuna can be reunited in real life.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Oct 6, 2012 1:06 PM
Nov 2010
Wow, I didn't expect that. Nicely done. I'm interested in what'll happen next.
Oct 6, 2012 1:06 PM

Jul 2012
jimmypod said:
That would have been the end of the first volume, where the author was originally going to end the story. Then thankfully, after the popular began to explode, the author kept on going.

I'd feel ok.. but I would definitely want to see them actually be reunited in real life, and maybe a timeskip, first :P

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Oct 6, 2012 1:07 PM
Jan 2012
we hope that we will enjoy the next arc
Oct 6, 2012 1:10 PM

Sep 2012
Wow, amazed by how much stuff happened in this episode. I loved it isn't enough to start describing it.
Oct 6, 2012 1:10 PM

Jul 2012
Ajunky said:
(And also, what was the point of that resurrection item? just a red herring?)

when did that happen? I don't think I noticed that
Oct 6, 2012 1:11 PM

Jul 2011
therandomestguy said:
Ajunky said:

Episode 3, remeber?
Oct 6, 2012 1:12 PM

Dec 2008
jimmypod said:

That makes sense. I was rather expecting a big reveal and the end of the world to happen in episode 25, not 14! I have no idea what they're going to do with this now.

11 episodes of Romantic Comedy as Asuna and Kirito come to terms with their real-life selves? Or some new matrix? It's hard to believe the characters would willingly go into another death game, but I assume that is somehow going to happen.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Oct 6, 2012 1:13 PM

Dec 2010
QuiGonJon said:
Well, now whats going to happen? ._. I know its not over but how are things going to go from here? Honestly, I just want to see next weeks so kirito and Asuna can be reunited in real life.

Oct 6, 2012 1:14 PM

Jul 2012
Horrible end to that arc. :/ First half is way too rushed, even if I didn't read LN. The romance is so forced that I can't bear to watch it. 2/5 for this episode.

Hope ALO arc will be better.

Great job, VAs. Especially Kirito's.
Apr 2008
Well that escalated quickly.

I enjoyed it, but I was confused because it felt like it was the last episode. Be interesting to see what happens next episode.

Nov 2009
That seemed to wrap itself up so quickly! How unexpected!

BUT WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NOW?!

And will the episode still be coming out next week or will there be a delay?
curiouser and curiouser :)

Jul 2012
Karura_Jiinsaru said:
therandomestguy said:
Ajunky said:

Episode 3, remeber?

ohhh I thought he was talking about from this episode lol

yea i remember
Oct 6, 2012 1:15 PM

Jan 2008
Karura_Jiinsaru said:
therandomestguy said:
Ajunky said:

Episode 3, remeber?

It's been an almost a year since then, Kirito told Klein to use it on the first person he sees that dies.

Oct 2011
prismheart said:
The costs associated with keeping the 6000 plus players alive must be through the roof.
The cost of insurance and any other clams will be even higher.
Like guy is dead (let's asume) but company that made game and that helmets - why will go down in flames (if didn't already).

And since there is story left...
I would love this as ending episode.
Mar 2012
Braces yourselves, the ALO arc is coming.
Oct 6, 2012 1:17 PM

Jul 2012
I can't wait to see the next episode.I want to know what happened to Asuna.
exwordOct 6, 2012 1:22 PM
Oct 6, 2012 1:17 PM

Jul 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
QuiGonJon said:

Le fuuu

Oct 6, 2012 1:18 PM

Apr 2011
xtremexx said:
Wonder how much they are going to cover, could they cover gun gale too?

Spoiler tag please:

Great episode.The battle,KiritoxAsuna moments, Kayaba(that guy), the OST, everything :D

Can't wait for next week!!
Oct 6, 2012 1:20 PM

Sep 2008
meepsheep said:
Horrible end to that arc. :/ First half is way too rushed, even if I didn't read LN. The romance is so forced that I can't bear to watch it. 2/5 for this episode.
If anything they already drag this shit, its just like that on novel.
Oct 6, 2012 1:21 PM

Jul 2012
YES! Now commence, ALO project!!!
I don't get why people like Asuna so much... I mean i like her too, but just because she's cute. however, there are other cuter characters like Shino, Suguha, Sachi and Silica. I thought she was a bit clingy ever since they started dating. It's my opinion so don't go bash me because I don't like Asuna as much as the other girls.
Oct 6, 2012 1:22 PM

Sep 2012
Is it me or... (spoiler for both accel world and sao)

Hurdurdur?
Oct 6, 2012 1:22 PM

Aug 2008
The good thing about ALO is that it actually takes time to develop a character that isn't Kirito and Asuna (you know..so we can actually give 2 craps about them). Also the plot is a lot more focused so the pacing is 20 times better.

The problem is the villain is even worse than the villain of this arc (if that can be believed haha).

This episode was horrible in the LN but not quite as bad here, still pretty stupid though. Sailor moon style ending ftw~
Oct 6, 2012 1:23 PM

Jul 2012
SaraSlurpsCoffee said:
And will the episode still be coming out next week or will there be a delay?

still comes out next week
Oct 6, 2012 1:23 PM
Oct 2010
prismheart said:
The costs associated with keeping the 6000 plus players alive must be through the roof.
Not to mention that everyone has their own room...

Future Japan sure looks magnanimous in the public health department.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 6, 2012 1:24 PM

Nov 2009
well this arc ending was done well, couldn't expect more from them if everything was just crammed into one single episode.

Although it felt rushed, but this ep contained everything I could imagine when reading the novel. But without explanation, the fact that kirito still alive after his health dropped down to 0 still annoyed the hell out of me if I haven't read the novel first, felt like plot armor.

Anyway, waiting for ALO, we're gonna see a lot of amazing stuff out there xD.
Oct 6, 2012 1:27 PM

May 2012
Was i stupid to think that the main characters would live through the whole of the series (i certainly thought so when a certain person got slashed XD) i'm not even joking i was trying to make words but all that came out were profanities and A LOT of angry arm flailing :)
Oct 6, 2012 1:27 PM

Jul 2012
ThanatosPersona said:
I don't get why people like Asuna so much... I mean i like her too, but just because she's cute. however, there are other cuter characters like Shino, Suguha, Sachi and Silica. I thought she was a bit clingy ever since they started dating. It's my opinion so don't go bash me because I don't like Asuna as much as the other girls.

The main reasons would be that she's hot, she can fight, she has wife-like traits, and she's the second main character to this show. :/ I find her really tsundere and annoying though LOL
Oct 6, 2012 1:28 PM

Jul 2009
Fuck yeah!
Oct 6, 2012 1:28 PM

Dec 2010
jimmypod said:
Is it me or... (spoiler for both accel world and sao)

Pretty sure its just you; i wouldn't consider

Oct 6, 2012 1:29 PM

Jan 2012
Awesome episode and an awesome fight, not to mention emotional.

Oct 6, 2012 1:30 PM

Sep 2012
Da fuck did I just watch?
Oct 6, 2012 1:32 PM
Mar 2008
For a moment there I thought it was the final episode so I was wtfing the whole time.
What's this ALO you've been talking about?
Oct 6, 2012 1:32 PM

Sep 2012
I hope they can explain what happened just now..
Still looking forward to the next arc ^^
Oct 6, 2012 1:33 PM

Jul 2012
draker said:

It's the abbreviation for the second arc of SAO. Without spoiling it to you, more crazy shit happens to everyone. :P
Oct 6, 2012 1:33 PM

Aug 2008
draker said:
For a moment there I thought it was the final episode so I was wtfing the whole time.

The next online game they play, so they can drag out the story more.
Oct 6, 2012 1:34 PM

Jan 2012
Loved this! Can't wait for the next episode, want to see how ALO looks like :)
Oct 6, 2012 1:34 PM

Dec 2010
draker said:

Its the second arc; SAO covers volumes 1 and 2 (plus the SS Aria which was episode 2 and the Murder case in volume 8 which took up two episodes). Volume 3 and 4 cover ALO; the ending of volume 4 should be the end of this series.
Oct 6, 2012 1:36 PM

Jul 2012
Well, I thoroughly enjoyed the part when Kirito and Asuna were in the sky but... I can't say I liked Heathcliff vs Kirito part. It's not badly done but below my expectations. Nonetheless, still a very enjoyable episode.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Oct 6, 2012 1:39 PM
Sep 2012
I was kinda expecting more out of the final two boss battles. The last episode ended really good and in this one it ended really quickly. The big reveal was nice but in this too I was like "that's it?" I guess my expectations were just too high.

With that said, I did like the whole "afterlife" scene when everything was explained and Asuna and Kirito had their good-byes. Kirito waking up in the hospital with long hair and then getting up looking for Asuna was really sweet. Unrealistic due to atrophy but really nice. I give this arc a 7/10.
meepsheep said:
ThanatosPersona said:

The main reasons would be that she's hot, she can fight, she has wife-like traits, and she's the second main character to this show. :/ I find her really tsundere and annoying though LOL
The tsundere thing doesn't annoy me that much since it isn't that bad and it spices things up in relationship.
Oct 6, 2012 1:39 PM

Feb 2012
An episode. Nothing more, nothing less.

Buckle up for ALO!
Oct 6, 2012 1:41 PM

Jan 2012
Hmm so ALO is also only 2 volumes overall... it should be split evenly, but now 14 episodes of SAO passed and only 11 for ALO left...
Pages (27) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Yesterday, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.