Now or ever? Simple question.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 28, 2008 1:57 AM
Aug 2007
No.
Oct 28, 2008 1:59 AM

Apr 2007
Yes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2008 2:00 AM

May 2008
These don't count.

I guess you can argue if unicorns exist also.

Jul 2006
Double no.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2007
Neverender said:
Yes.

I see you're still caught up in your Pokemon world.

Oct 28, 2008 2:02 AM

Jul 2006
wtfyourface said:
Neverender said:
Yes.

I see you're still caught up in your Pokemon world.

Whoa, a Dragonite!
Oct 28, 2008 2:04 AM

Oct 2008
How you figured out this question? :D
Oct 28, 2008 2:07 AM

Nov 2007
moush said:
These don't count.

Depends if you count the Invisible Pink Unicorn.

"Sanity is overrated."
Oct 28, 2008 2:09 AM

Dec 2007
DRAGON RARR ITS GONNA GET YOU!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leafy_sea_dragon
Oct 28, 2008 2:09 AM

Sep 2008
Azamat said:
moush said:
These don't count.

I think the only invisible pink unikorn is in your head xD
Oct 28, 2008 2:10 AM

Nov 2007
Rpgwiz99 said:
Azamat said:
moush said:
These don't count.

I think the only invisible pink unikorn is in your head xD

That's what i tell religious people about their god <.< (The purpose of the IPU has been proven useful once again ~.^)

"Sanity is overrated."
Oct 28, 2008 2:14 AM

Oct 2008
YESH.

Well it's only natural that they do exist. I mean, despite the fact that they would probably be one of the largest creatures on the planet, and that they are also 'supposedly' aggressive creatures. Plus we can't forget the fact that they FLY!

So, EVEN considering the above points...yes, I'd say they do exist.
Oct 28, 2008 2:17 AM

Mar 2008
GO VISIT HELL... MUCH DRAGONS THERE
seriously...
Oct 28, 2008 2:27 AM
Jul 2018
yes but we can't see them because their power over 9000 and doesn't afraid of anything
Oct 28, 2008 2:29 AM

Apr 2007
Dragon Gun?

wikipedia said:
The dragon became so associated with cavalry and mounted infantry became synonymous with mounted infantry. In addition to the cavalry, the blunderbuss found use for other duties in which the shotgun-like qualities were desirable, such as for guarding prisoners or defending a mail coach, and its use for urban combat was also recognized.[

Oct 28, 2008 2:29 AM

Jun 2008
yeah and i have one
Oct 28, 2008 2:42 AM

Jul 2008
Through my experiences I have concluded that they do not exist. I hope this helps.
Oct 28, 2008 2:49 AM

Jan 2008
No, they don t.
And he doesn t count either:
Oct 28, 2008 3:05 AM

Apr 2007
ntHai said:
No, they don t.
And he doesn t count either:

D: Aw...

Oct 28, 2008 3:11 AM

Sep 2008
Jono said:
yes but we can't see them because their power over 9000 and doesn't afraid of anything

This dose make sence indeed
Oct 28, 2008 3:30 AM
Feb 2008
all i know is i exist
Oct 28, 2008 3:44 AM

Feb 2005
What? Do dragons exist? If the Komodo "dragons" aren't dragon enough then too bad. Of course dragons don't exist, if they had we would have seen them by now and found remains of them. Besides, as Western dragons are typically depicted, they couldn't possibly exist due to the laws of physics. So small wings would never be able to support such a heavy and bulky body, and the Eastern ones usually don't even have wings, so they certainly couldn't fly.
why ask such a question anyways? I thought school and wikipedia thought people the difference between reality and fiction. Except for the religion related mythological concepts of course.
Oct 28, 2008 3:53 AM

Dec 2007
BigSimo said:
YESH.

Well it's only natural that they do exist. I mean, despite the fact that they would probably be one of the largest creatures on the planet, and that they are also 'supposedly' aggressive creatures. Plus we can't forget the fact that they FLY!

This is one interpretation of the word, under which it would be safe to assume they do not. However, the term "dragon" is extremely ambiguous, with the precise meaning being heavily influenced by not only where your depiction comes from, but when. The "classical" Euopean depiction of dragons for example, is in fact relatively modern - it did not appear until the middle ages. The notion and term, on the other hand, can be traced back millenia, and these older incarnations are almost all serpentine in nature. While many would certainly be influenced by fossils, it is also entirely possible that large snakes such as the anaconda and reticulated python could be considered dragons, as they undoubtedly influenced the tradition. Oarfish, which are also known for influencing sea serpent tales, may also be considered such.
Under that basis, one could say dragons do exist. Really, it's more a matter of perception and interpretation than anything else.
Oct 28, 2008 4:07 AM

Feb 2008
Why don't you do research and shit.
Oct 28, 2008 4:28 AM

Sep 2008
Baman said:
What? Do dragons exist? If the Komodo "dragons" aren't dragon enough then too bad. Of course dragons don't exist, if they had we would have seen them by now and found remains of them. Besides, as Western dragons are typically depicted, they couldn't possibly exist due to the laws of physics. So small wings would never be able to support such a heavy and bulky body, and the Eastern ones usually don't even have wings, so they certainly couldn't fly.
why ask such a question anyways? I thought school and wikipedia thought people the difference between reality and fiction. Except for the religion related mythological concepts of course.

I think it was just a stupid joke topic, either that or someone hit the pipe too hard and thought they were real.
Oct 28, 2008 4:55 AM

Oct 2008
ErwinJA said:
BigSimo said:
YESH.

This is one interpretation of the word, under which it would be safe to assume they do not. However, the term "dragon" is extremely ambiguous, with the precise meaning being heavily influenced by not only where your depiction comes from, but when. The "classical" Euopean depiction of dragons for example, is in fact relatively modern - it did not appear until the middle ages. The notion and term, on the other hand, can be traced back millenia, and these older incarnations are almost all serpentine in nature. While many would certainly be influenced by fossils, it is also entirely possible that large snakes such as the anaconda and reticulated python could be considered dragons, as they undoubtedly influenced the tradition. Oarfish, which are also known for influencing sea serpent tales, may also be considered such.
Under that basis, one could say dragons do exist. Really, it's more a matter of perception and interpretation than anything else.

Clearly the dude who made the topic doesn't think so D:
Oct 28, 2008 5:18 AM

Oct 2008
komodo dragons exist. but flying dragons and fire breathing ones dont.
Oct 28, 2008 5:19 AM
Feb 2008
Baman said:
What? Western dragons are typically depicted, they couldn't possibly exist due to the laws of physics. So small wings would never be able to support such a heavy and bulky body

well basically there is a church in england that said that in about 1400 there was this creature that expanded its body like a frog and that it smelt of eggs(methane perhaps) anyway the idea is this that is a body was filled like a ballon like hot air then basically it could float like a ballon, yes? and the wings being small would be for maneuverabilitly.

anyway they killed it afet it killed some sheep and the said that is deflated like a ballon and that after the belly was strack a punjent smell and ooze luqid bubbled around it for three day and then the buried the bones underneath the church.

P.S soory i dont know where the church is or how to get there and even then the wont tlet you dig up the church becuse its old so you will never know if its true but its a compelling story and legend and actual does creat teh pysics behind the western dragon you say is im possible

HA!
Oct 28, 2008 5:22 AM

Sep 2008
BigSimo said:
ErwinJA said:
BigSimo said:
YESH.

Clearly the dude who made the topic doesn't think so D:

Some people get so much into their fantasy wordls that they start to question what is real and what is not, Step one is to admit that your not really in the matrix and step 2 is Pics or it didnt happen ^^
Oct 28, 2008 5:24 AM

May 2008
Does Jesus exist?

There are records of both are there not?

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 28, 2008 5:29 AM

Oct 2008

look this one exist

these ones don't

and mythical dragons are maybe....
Oct 28, 2008 5:30 AM

Oct 2008

look this one exist

these ones don't

and mythical dragons are maybe....
Oct 28, 2008 5:38 AM

Feb 2008
They do exsist. Kimodo Dragons are real. This makes it a dragon. Name says what you are.

L2 Search - http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs48/f/2009/236/3/9/L2_Search_by_Siya_Akuma.jpg
We're all getting trolled by Mayans. They probably thought "Fuck this shit, let's end the calendar and say shit's gonna go down."
Oct 28, 2008 5:43 AM

Nov 2007
yes.
Oct 28, 2008 5:48 AM

Sep 2008
Sayalol said:
They do exsist. Kimodo Dragons are real. This makes it a dragon. Name says what you are.

This is the only dragon that exists.... Not even a mythical creature but a mere reptile.
Oct 28, 2008 5:48 AM

Feb 2008
Does Godzilla = dragon?
Oct 28, 2008 5:50 AM

Oct 2008
godzilla is a mutated lizard.
Oct 28, 2008 7:41 AM

Feb 2005
Rpgwiz99 said:
I think it was just a stupid joke topic, either that or someone hit the pipe too hard and thought they were real.

Sounds reasonable. It would be a bit sad though if someone really wasn't sure, and then proceeded to inquire on an anime board for the answer >__>'
captain-neko said:
Well basically there is a church in england that said that in about 1400 there was this creature that expanded its body like a frog and that it smelt of eggs(methane perhaps) anyway the idea is this that is a body was filled like a ballon like hot air then basically it could float like a ballon, yes? and the wings being small would be for maneuverabilitly.

anyway they killed it afet it killed some sheep and the said that is deflated like a ballon and that after the belly was strack a punjent smell and ooze luqid bubbled around it for three day and then the buried the bones underneath the church.

P.S soory i dont know where the church is or how to get there and even then the wont tlet you dig up the church becuse its old so you will never know if its true but its a compelling story and legend and actual does creat teh pysics behind the western dragon you say is im possible

HA!

Well, I do like the balloon concept, although I can hardly imagine any creature suddenly evolving into such. If a means of balloon flight for such a large animal existed, we would no doubt have found traces of it in fossils and even other living creatures.

But at any rate, any claim coming from some mysterious little church in the 1400's should be treated, along with most claims coming from any church, past or present, as naught more than a fairytale.
This, along with the lack of empirical sources means that...

YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID! HAHA >:D
Oct 28, 2008 7:56 AM

Jul 2008
I LOVE THIS THREAD SO MUCH!
Oct 28, 2008 8:11 AM

Feb 2005
OZ31 said:

There are an increasing amount of potentionally legendary threads these days. Now all we need some really tear-jerkingly funny post, and it's all set in stone.
Oct 28, 2008 8:24 AM

Jul 2006
Baman said:
OZ31 said:

There are an increasing amount of potentionally legendary threads these days. Now all we need some really tear-jerkingly funny post, and it's all set in stone.

Are we reading the same forums?
Oct 28, 2008 8:28 AM

Jul 2007
Oh my god, this thread. What.
Oct 28, 2008 8:35 AM

Jun 2007
The Welsh seem to think so. They put one on their flag.
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Oct 28, 2008 8:39 AM

Feb 2005
OranSolus said:

Oh come on. Who wouldn't want a dragon on their flag? All we got in here in Noway is a stupid cross. Kvitekrist innuendo. I belch when I see it.
Oct 28, 2008 8:41 AM
Feb 2008
i am disheartend by your lack of vison about dragons since basically

*pulls out bigs GUNS*

DINOSOUReS ARE DRAGONS AND THERE is BONES TO PROVE IT woof!

HA X3!
Oct 28, 2008 8:51 AM

Jun 2007
Baman said:
OranSolus said:

Oh come on. Who wouldn't want a dragon on their flag? All we got in here in Noway is a stupid cross. Kvitekrist innuendo. I belch when I see it.

Yeah, us Englishmen are stuck with a cross too. But thinking about it, I've seen plenty of English crests with unicorns and lions on them. Everyone knows that Lions are made up.

Oct 28, 2008 8:55 AM

Feb 2005
OranSolus said:
Yeah, us Englishmen are stuck with a cross too. But thinking about it, I've seen plenty of English crests with unicorns and lions on them. Everyone knows that Lions are made up.

I know. The only lions I've seen were behind bars, and were all dozing off. Could have been a big dog in disguise for all I know D:
Oct 28, 2008 8:57 AM
Feb 2008
anyway ive GOT a unicorn ...ok well its a horse that i stuck a spike on its head and spray painted it pin ok but still :3
Oct 28, 2008 8:57 AM

Jun 2007
Baman said:
OranSolus said:

I know. The only lions I've seen were behind bars, and were all dozing off. Could have been a big dog in disguise for all I know D:

The only lion I've ever seen was Aslan, but that was because there was a gas leak and the fumes were affecting me.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Pick the best anime out the above user's favorites v7 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Sep 4, 2021

6519 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
2 minutes ago

» Rate the song above you v.7 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Aug 12, 2022

3351 by Spunkert »»
3 minutes ago

» Rate the OST/BGM above you v2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sarroush - Apr 1, 2016

9572 by NextUniverse »»
6 minutes ago

» Your first impression of the user above you v.7 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - May 18, 2023

582 by NextUniverse »»
11 minutes ago

» Would you date the user above? v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tensho - Sep 23, 2019

8185 by NextUniverse »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.