Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 4, 2012 12:52 AM

Dec 2009
Firstly, to start off, do remember one important thing:
Bastion said:
I'm thinking that it's going to be a FMA/FMA:B type thing, with FMA going in one direction and then FMA:B following the manga-line later. The same thing with the animation of Hayate.

FMA and FMA:B both follow the same foundation (meaning the backstory is similar) until they found the divergence point. That being said, it is the same with this show, with the plot non-canon to the manga. Yes, it uses the same base as the manga (read, BASE) but the entire plot-divergence would probably split right at the movie arc (or summer arc, I don't know)

Secondly, Ojou-sama plentiful appearance (something that I REALLY miss ;_;) to homage from 9 months ago (really, baka butler demonic form. Did he just gained Devil Trigger during the summer arc or what?), its really make this one a good watch.

Not only that, the Nevada Incident (I calling it that cause well, it is an accident) and the clock makes me thinks this show might just goes with BTTF-style (fck me right) and who knows, we might goes into a wild ride and receive the biggest whiplash to the series ever, Baka Butler is................ (Darth Vader reference here cause I won't say it)

Aside from that, I think the jokes is quite good. Sure, not as hilarious compare to earlier but at least its better than summer shows.

Last but not least, what Tsumiki doing here, and whoever complain for lack of Hina, stop yapping already. I found it blasphemous to see a side-character (Yes, she is actually a side-character, GET OVER IT ALREADY) getting more attention than the protagonist.
Oct 4, 2012 1:10 AM

Apr 2010
New art looks like such fucking shit. Ughh.

Was alright. Get my usual snickers and grins from the show. I felt the episode was somewhat lacking in comedy overall and I don't know how I feel about the premise of this one but we will see how it goes.
Oct 4, 2012 1:16 AM

Sep 2012
That's a good start. Hoping that this original story will be good.
Oct 4, 2012 1:50 AM
May 2012
If you guys watched the previous two season then you will be thinking this is lame like i am thinking!
ohh!well think of it as a new anime!hayate the 2nd combat butler!hmm!thats more like it!
i still liked the previous series's!i hate this character designs!
oh! well it wasn't so bad!
Wait a minute did nagi had a sister!!
Oct 4, 2012 1:52 AM

Nov 2009
Wolfnagi said:

Lol Hayate belongs to fall 2012, and most of them haven't aired yet. If you want to compare, compare it with the current airing ani cause there will be a lot of good stuff which are worth watching.
--->If you want a good com with better jokes, watch Chuunibyou instead.

Try to watch 1st episode of the first and third season at the same time, you'll know what I mean. tbh I'm a fan of Hayate but after this episode I'm quite disappointed. Gonna give this show a few more episode though.

what happened with the char design from TWGOK and Mashiro Iro? it hurts my eyes so much just by looking at their hair, a big mess ... honestly even I can draw better than that. - if you want proof check my holo pic at my profile

And MAL hasn't even updated character designer of this show.
Oct 4, 2012 2:01 AM

Feb 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:
Wolfnagi said:

Lol Hayate belongs to fall 2012, and most of them haven't aired yet. If you want to compare, compare it with the current airing ani cause there will be a lot of good stuff which are worth watching.

Try to watch 1st episode of the first and third season at the same time, you'll know what I mean. tbh I'm a fan of Hayate but after this episode I'm quite disappointed. Gonna give this show a few more episode though.

what happened with the char design from TWGOK and Mashiro Iro? it hurts my eyes so much just by looking at their hair, a big mess ... honestly even I can draw better than that. - if you want proof check my holo pic at my profile

I don't see any problem regarding TWGOK's char design o_o And we haven't really seen any preview yet -_-
Oct 4, 2012 2:29 AM

Sep 2012
A brand new start of the new season! with another tsundere imouto appear! :D btw can anyone fill in the VAs? and I miss Hinagiku T.T
Oct 4, 2012 3:00 AM

Nov 2009
HauntingShock said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
Wolfnagi said:

I don't see any problem regarding TWGOK's char design o_o And we haven't really seen any preview yet -_-

I mean TWGOK's char design could also work on this show, but nope, they let a strange guy did the job and his name didn't even appear on MAL ._."
Oct 4, 2012 3:05 AM

Feb 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:
HauntingShock said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
Wolfnagi said:

I mean TWGOK's char design could also work on this show, but nope, they let a strange guy did the job and his name didn't even appear on MAL ._."

Oh...you mean character designer? Yeah you're right...

But I think chances of that are low too...Hata decides and (probably)made the character designs.
Oct 4, 2012 3:07 AM
Feb 2010
Is it just me, or does Hayate seem a lot more violent? Or maybe it's just me?
Oct 4, 2012 3:59 AM

Sep 2011
It's so hilarious that everyone here are disappointed and the reason behind was already talked about in the last 2 threads here in the new HnG section.

You guys should read some threads here before complaining about new art, etc, etc. Your complains are already redundant for me.

Oct 4, 2012 4:36 AM
Sep 2011
Sa-chan_ said:
It's so hilarious that everyone here are disappointed and the reason behind was already talked about in the last 2 threads here in the new HnG section.

You guys should read some threads here before complaining about new art, etc, etc. Your complains are already redundant for me.

Cause that's the only reason which worth complaining, beside the gags ...
Oct 4, 2012 5:20 AM

Mar 2011
Sa-chan_ said:

lol
Is it wrong that If we haven't read the last 2 threads? Not everybody have time or interested to look for previous threads.....
And I don't think complaining about the art, etc here in this thread is wrong
Oct 4, 2012 5:23 AM

Jun 2009
Holy shit... this is actually good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2012 5:36 AM
Jan 2012
Looks plain. jokes weren't good. but a lot of things are off. (how they tweaked nagi and hayate's personality). Maybe it'll get better.
Hope hinagiku doesn't change and really glad I'm seeing ruka service at episode 1. Another anime to anticipate weekly.
Oct 4, 2012 5:38 AM

May 2011
I love that Ruka was shown multiple times and that EP sequence was actually good.

The art is still somewhat cringe worthy but at least it didn't manage to derail me from enjoying this episode.

Overall, nice first impression.
A Humble Pawn of the Hakuou Gakuin Seitokaichou, Hinagiku Katsura!
Oct 4, 2012 6:00 AM

Aug 2011
So-so.

Well, other than the great Ruka appearances, this episode was only moderately well.

Well, I didn't have the feel of the original one.

Hopefully it can provide an enjoyable show.
Oct 4, 2012 6:16 AM

Apr 2011
Hmm...not bad for a first episode. I'm still disappointed that they didn't continue where
2nd season left off. The new art really gives an original anime vibes. I laugh a bit on some scenes and the kidnapping scene is nostalgic

But I'll still give this a chance. Who knows, it could be really good and manga to pull this series off better than anyone's expectations.

Hoping to see Hina next episode

goddamit! I end clicking spoiler for the manga! I haven't got near that part yet! Me and my impulse clicking habits. Argh!
Oct 4, 2012 6:32 AM

Mar 2008
I love Hayate no gotoku but this episode didn't do it for me. It felt slow and I didn't find the gags funny. Can't say it's for lack of skill of the script writer though because it's Hata anyway, and this may be the pace he actually wants the manga to be read, but it felt off for me. Hoping for a better second ep.
Oct 4, 2012 7:58 AM

Mar 2011
Not much to say in this 1st ep. But from my point of view, it will become much intense story from previous hayate’s series so far…. Maybe……???
Oct 4, 2012 8:24 AM

Aug 2010
I miss the narrator of 2 firsts seasons (I know isn't third season )

But this episode is good...

Hata-sensei put Maeda (Kumeta Kouji assistent) in UFO Tv's Show! XD
Oct 4, 2012 8:24 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah it's looks interesting. :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 4, 2012 9:44 AM

Apr 2012
A very strong first episode. Nagi was hilarious in this episode. Oh how I missed her otaku lifestyle. I loved how she tried to con her way to go to America just to investigate Area 51 as well as skip school. If this show is going to be canon like so many people before me have stated so that obviously means Nagi is going to regain her inheritance. Hmm that should be interesting. I wonder what happened to A-tan then. I hope she has a role to play in this season.

Hayate going berserker and chasing those kidnappers was SUGOI!!. I kinda felt sorry for the kidnappers. Im sure they'd never attempt to kidnap Nagi again. Nagi being calm as she was kidnapped and in a frantic car chase was funny.

Nagi little sister is already proving to be a promising addition to the season 3 cast. She looks like she has a key role to play this season and she is funny as well. I hope we see Hinagiku and the three bakas soon.

All in all, this was a very strong first episode that has gotten me excited for the rest of the season
Oct 4, 2012 10:39 AM

Jun 2009
So Ruka's role willl just on the music side? I don't know how to feel about this.
Oct 4, 2012 11:50 AM

Jun 2012
Hello there, I know it's too soon to ask this, but I really don't want to waste my time, could someone tell me if this new series is better than the other two animes or if it has the potential to be better so to speak?
Oct 4, 2012 11:58 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Seems interesting.. but sad that it isnt a sequel
Oct 4, 2012 12:08 PM

Apr 2010
I really miss the OST from the previous seasons. Hoping we can hear the same melody in this season and also Wakamoto's Narration. An OK first episode for me
Oct 4, 2012 12:50 PM

Aug 2009
Snaita said:
Hello there, I know it's too soon to ask this, but I really don't want to waste my time, could someone tell me if this new series is better than the other two animes or if it has the potential to be better so to speak?

Season 2 is the only one that actually follows the manga, so it's my favorite. But maybe you can enjoy this one, if you aren't a manga fan.
Oct 4, 2012 2:42 PM

Aug 2011
Never seen the previous seasons before so I thought I would start with this one.

It's not bad, there were plenty of gags but I only found a small amount of them funny. Easily relatable main character and I'm liking Tsumugi so far.
Oct 4, 2012 3:32 PM

Jan 2009
I got a really bad feeling from the beginning when Hayate was sort of apologizing beforehand about how this was gonna suck (if people say that "everyone worked hard" they are really saying "we know the result is bad but bear with us").

As long as it's fun... this was kinda slow, but I guess it's for getting reacquainted with the main characters.
Oct 4, 2012 4:06 PM

Jan 2011
liked it was planning on not watching this till i watched the rest of the series but since it isn't a sequel i'll be fine :).
Oct 4, 2012 4:24 PM

Aug 2009
Original anime story, huh? Boo, I'd rather want a J.C. Staff 3rd season continuing the actual story (Athena) :-(
But well, better something than nothing.

Let's take a look at this episode:
- imho animation is ok
- humor and SD-scenes are quite good, I liked them ;-) Plus, new character is cute^^
- Lack of most of the other characters in 1st ep is no good, hope it'll be different in next eps
- Singing girl (?) was kinda strange and unnecessary, imho
- The action scene was too slow paced, imho
All in all a lot better than I feared, though it's not what I'm waiting for (a REAL 3rd season).
I'll take it an a extra story, and for that it definitely seems to be good so far ;-)
Oct 4, 2012 4:29 PM

Jun 2010
A new Hayate. And it begins very nicely.

Nagi was funny. Weird, because before the movie I never found her especially fun. But ever since then, she gets a giggle out of me quite a lot. Manglobe, what did you do?

We also get a new character with a surprising reveal at the end and several signs for a promising story. It's always nice to see Hayate's Beware The Nice Ones side, instead of his usual gentle demeanor.

But the highlight of the episode has got to be Isumi and her mum. Yes, I know it has nothing to do with the story and was just a bonus, but heck, they are always ton of fun to see.

Also praise the God for ABSOLUTELY NO HINAGIKU in this episode, not one frame of animation! Great first episode, I say great.

Though we're really building Ruka there, aren't we, Hata?
Oct 4, 2012 4:50 PM
Dec 2007
Get over Hinagiku guys, she was never the female protagonist, she was mostly a distraction.

Oct 4, 2012 5:58 PM

Oct 2011
I miss the awesome narrator.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2012 5:59 PM

Feb 2012
Kurano said:
I miss the awesome narrator.

Too bad chances are low that SynergySP is going to pick it up again...
Oct 4, 2012 7:05 PM

Feb 2012
It was just nice to see this show on air again and was it just me or was this episode slightly reminiscent of the original Tv shows 1st episode with the bike scene.
Oct 4, 2012 8:16 PM
May 2009
Well a new story could be good, I already read the manga so I know the story there
Oct 4, 2012 8:16 PM

Jul 2008
I'll do like this isn't the Hayate I'm used to and like and try to enjoy this as a stand alone.
Oct 4, 2012 9:00 PM

Jan 2012
no hina nor sakuya. FAK! hayate get some grooming with your hair. its only the 1st episode so can't say much about it other than its pretty average, i was expecting more to be honest.

my birth date and home city.
Sept 25 on las vegas... what a coincidence!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Oct 4, 2012 9:22 PM

May 2011
A nice start to this series, gonna take a bit of an adjustment though, feels a lot different from the usual. Good to have this series back regardless.
Oct 5, 2012 12:43 AM

Jan 2009
I WANT ATHEEEEENAAAAAA!!!!!!!
srry, had to say it....

Oct 5, 2012 9:20 AM
Jul 2011
I guess I don't have anything to say in regards to content that hasn't already been said, so I'll just say that I'm having a great time so far :-)

The new hair/face ratio still struck me from time to time, but apart from that I like the art style (though J.C. Staff's will most likely remain my favorite). I've handled bigger changes in other shows.
Oct 5, 2012 11:09 AM
Jan 2009
omg. I want that version of 'Secret Base'!!! it played during 12:45 of the first episode, right after nagi and hayate left the house. Does anyone have a link of that version?
Oct 5, 2012 1:07 PM

Sep 2011
Snaita said:

I can't tell if the past series are better than this since we're still at episode 1. But if you want some information about the first 2 seasons of HnG:

HnG Season 1 - Pure comedy. Plenty of parodies. Some episodes followed the manga(I believe it's on the 2nd half or I don't know).

HnG Season 2 - Most of the episodes followed the manga. There's also comedy but not that much unlike season 1.

-Quasar said:
So Ruka's role willl just on the music side? I don't know how to feel about this.

I bet we can see more about her in later episodes.

Oct 5, 2012 1:20 PM
Dec 2007
Sa-chan_ said:
Snaita said:

I can't tell if the past series are better than this since we're still at episode 1. But if you want some information about the first 2 seasons of HnG:

HnG Season 1 - Pure comedy. Plenty of parodies. Some episodes followed the manga(I believe it's on the 2nd half or I don't know).

HnG Season 2 - Most of the episodes followed the manga. There's also comedy but not that much unlike season 1.
Especifically, Season 1 followed the manga until about halfway the season, although it took liberties with the dates the event took place (for example, one episode claimed it was summer and someone in the anime would point out it felt like it was spring... because technically it was supposed to be Spring if they went with the manga timeline). Season 2 followed the manga again, starting in the part where the last true manga event happenned in season 1. That's not to say season 1's second half was completely anime original (it actually took chapters from the manga on several ocassions) but all the content from the manga was shifted around weirdly and didn't make a lot of sense in context.

So, if you cut season 1 in half you can "still" call it the first season to JC Staff's season 2, because JC didn't start from the begginning.

Season 3 however is either being anime original again while retaining some events, or how some people theorize, show events from the start of the manga and AFTER the current events of the manga (which would be hard for people to corroborate as future manga events because Hata can easily change them when he writes the manga, making them invalid). It's honestly gonna be extremely confusing for a lot of people, especially those who never read the manga. And I honestly don't see why they took this route.

Oct 5, 2012 2:27 PM

Dec 2010
KanshouXBakuya said:
I WANT ATHEEEEENAAAAAA!!!!!!!
srry, had to say it....

I think anyone who has common sense and read the manga feels the same; i have no freaken idea why they chose to animate this over the Athena arc...its like they aren't interested in making money. The Athena is what made the manga, it would be gold animated.
Oct 5, 2012 2:43 PM
Jun 2012
Stark700 said:
lolilovindeviru said:
Stark700 said:

I lol'd @ the beginning. That typical tsundere stranded in the middle of the desert.

I was about to cry there, how can you laugh at Nagi's misery.

Cause I took it as comedy.

...I see, Hayate no Gotoku is hilarious, but I usually can't take one of my favorite character's misery as comedy.
Oct 5, 2012 2:51 PM
Sep 2011
It's even fking lame that they used Nagi dad's death as an excuse to make the comedy.
She wants to go to the US, not because she wanted to receive her father's items, but because she wanted to visit Area 51.

It's not even funny.
Oct 5, 2012 3:13 PM

Aug 2009
HibiChouchou said:
It's even fking lame that they used Nagi dad's death as an excuse to make the comedy.
She wants to go to the US, not because she wanted to receive her father's items, but because she wanted to visit Area 51.

It's not even funny.

Well, some can laugh at that, some not.

I found it funny since the scene was done well and Maria's and Hayate's reaction was pretty funny to me. Nagi never saw her dad ever in her life. For her, it's just some random person who never existed for her. If she jokes about her father's death, then it sure isn't something good to do, but I can understand that she doesn't feel bad joking about someone she didn't knew.
Compared to jokes and black humor in the Simpsons or South Park, this was still pretty mild ;-)
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2012

90 by MxS7HGS »»
Jun 26, 2023 1:11 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2012

34 by MxS7HGS »»
Jun 26, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 5, 2012

36 by MxS7HGS »»
Jun 26, 2023 10:53 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2012

41 by MxS7HGS »»
Jun 26, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2012

27 by MxS7HGS »»
Jun 26, 2023 8:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.