Forum Settings
Forums

OP Theme of Kokoro Connect To Be Replaced on Blu-ray

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 1, 2012 9:31 AM
Jun 2012
Hey Hajime Karma is a bitch isn't it?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Eucliwood_kun&sclick=1]
Oct 1, 2012 9:34 AM
Jun 2012
seishi-sama said:
That's just plain stupid. There's no way someone should be punished like this for something so insignificant as a twitter post, no matter how much of a jerk they are.
Excuse me? That's how it goes in the working world which you have probably not worked a day in your life. Say something bad on any social media site on ANY job (yes even McDonalds) you will be called in and terminated on the spot. He should consider himself lucky he was only suspended and lost quite a bit of profit too.
Oct 1, 2012 9:37 AM
Jun 2012
AmnaMJ said:
wow and I was wondering why the OP suddenly changed.. I kinda feel sorry for the KC staff, it's one issue after another, it's a pity since the plot line is great and it deserves more attention but that seems impossible with all the scandals. the power of internet is scary.
It's the internet anyone can say anything on it. But their are dumb people who don't realize when you're working at any job, you have to be careful what you say. The company will find it and terminated on the spot the next day.
Oct 1, 2012 9:54 AM

Sep 2009
belatkuro said:
I liked the first OP though. Oh well.
I did too. It's a shame the composer had to go and do something stupid. Now it just feels awkward because I still like the song.
Oct 1, 2012 10:04 AM

Oct 2009
Mogami-kun said:
At least he didn't get away with it...

Yeah, well, he would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you pesky kids. And that dog, too.
Oct 1, 2012 10:42 AM

Jul 2010
Drama drama.

Oct 1, 2012 10:51 AM

Sep 2008
Eucliwood_kun said:
seishi-sama said:
That's just plain stupid. There's no way someone should be punished like this for something so insignificant as a twitter post, no matter how much of a jerk they are.
Excuse me? That's how it goes in the working world which you have probably not worked a day in your life. Say something bad on any social media site on ANY job (yes even McDonalds) you will be called in and terminated on the spot. He should consider himself lucky he was only suspended and lost quite a bit of profit too.

LOL. Funny to hear about the "working world" from a little kiddo. If I haven't worked a day in my life, you probably haven't left your house even once in your life if you say something so ridiculous.

First, it's unrelated to his job. What he writes in his twitter is his personal and private matter. Technically, that's supposed to be the end of discussion but since you're so totally ignorant, let me enlighten you: people don't get fired over things like these. They could get fired for insulting customers, they could get fired for insulting their superiors, but even that is rarely the case - do you know who Lewis Hamilton is? The Formula One driver, who once said "Go fuck yourself" to his team director during the race, and that was broadcasted live worldwide - so going by your logic he should've been "terminated" on the spot. He didn't even get a fine. Lastly, people could get fired for saying someting extremely unethical, like that russian stewardess who wrote she's happy about the crash of a plane from the company she was working at.
This guy did nothing to get fired or even suspended. Even if he's a public person. There's plenty of artists, musicians, actors or politicians writing much worse things in their twitter (like, dunno, "Madonna is a dumb old slut" (c) ), but nobody takes any action against them because a) it's their private matter and b) it's just plain stupid.
Oct 1, 2012 12:53 PM

Jun 2012
So much Kokoro Connect drama both in the anime and IRL.
‎"Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles." - Nichijou
Oct 1, 2012 1:23 PM

Apr 2012
seishi-sama said:
What he writes in his twitter is his personal and private matter.
That made me laugh.
If he behaves like a dick in open public (aka twitter) insulting other people it gives a bad impression for the people he works for. So yeah, he did several things for that he can get fired.
It's not like it happens all the time but sometimes it sure does.

However, even though that it may seem harmless on the outside you never know if there were other things in the background as well leading to that decision.

I was kinda surprised by the new OP, too but I like it a lot more than the first one.
And yes, KC seems to be cursed to get all that negative publicity.
Too bad, it's my favourite anime in its season but I guess it suffers one way or another because of all that.
Oct 1, 2012 1:50 PM

Nov 2006
Kvakond said:
windy said:
Excellent to see there are consequences.
Why should the fans suffer? When will the controversies end?
Sometimes innocent people suffer because of an idiot's actions. Nothing new. And it's actually indirectly thanks to him that this entire Ijime Connect thing started in the first place, so ...

seishi-sama said:
What he writes in his twitter is his personal and private matter.
If you say stupid shit publicly, publicly being the key word here, your employer is not going to be happy because it reflects poorly on them by extension. Removing their association with you is hardly unreasonable.
Oct 2, 2012 12:55 AM

Sep 2010
Err... what? I don't understand it. What has the insult of Momoi to do with Eufonius' song? Yes, it's her composer but that doesn't mean they can't use her song anymore.
Oct 2, 2012 7:57 AM

Nov 2008
i kinda started to like the song though
Oct 2, 2012 4:05 PM

Dec 2010
They should leave the drama to the show's plot itself since it knows how to handle it; this RL life drama is getting old.
Oct 3, 2012 3:51 AM
Oct 2012
Ovindel said:
Err... what? I don't understand it. What has the insult of Momoi to do with Eufonius' song? Yes, it's her composer but that doesn't mean they can't use her song anymore.

The insult of Momoi spurred people to look through his Twitter for other comments like the one he made towards her which led to people finding comments that were related to another incident that started this entire thing.

http://shakingtheworld.tumblr.com/post/30590243183/about-the-kokoro-connect-incident

Read more about it here.

"They find a tweet that says “There’s so many people who work so hard with low pay just because they are happy they are in the industry. They are the easiest ones to use, and they have no future. He doesn’t even seem to realize it, so it’s even easier. But we will never hire him.” They wondered what the hell this tweet is about, and they discover this whole fiasco about Ichiki."

Some of the info may be a bit outdated but most of it is correct, I think. This was before all the parties started apologizing and so on.
Oct 3, 2012 4:21 AM

Oct 2007
Damn... Why did it have to happen to such a great anime? Why did it have to happen at all? I won't be surprised if there will be even more problems with episodes 14-17, Kokoro Connect really seems to be cursed...
Oct 3, 2012 4:38 AM

Mar 2012
L O L
they dont have an eyepatch??
Oct 3, 2012 5:46 AM

Sep 2012
zeoh said:

The insult of Momoi spurred people to look through his Twitter for other comments like the one he made towards her which led to people finding comments that were related to another incident that started this entire thing.

http://shakingtheworld.tumblr.com/post/30590243183/about-the-kokoro-connect-incident

Read more about it here.

Just want to say that I followed the events in Japan forum and websites. The wording in the descriptions in the link above is quite biased (and particularly harsh on some of the seiyuu) and some are nothing more than hearsay (like the Kitaeri dating thing). I am not defending the Twitter insult at all, but what happened to Ichiki is more ambiguous -- from what I see I do not think it is a case of mass bullying but a marketing campaign that was very much misconstrued and miscalculated. I would also question the claim that the boycott brought the sales from 5k+ to 1k because the Amazon stalker never went above 5k at its peak but neither did it fall to 1k after the incident broke. While there have been indeed cancellation of orders, it is also quite possible that many who agitated for boycott never plan to buy anything at all, be it by Eufonius, Kitaeri, Starchild or King Records, anyway.
symbvOct 3, 2012 6:11 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 4, 2012 4:10 AM

Apr 2009
Considering that this show is about getting people to look at things from the perspectives of others, I find it really ironic that all these shenanigans occurred.

Seriously. It's just so jarringly ironic.
Dec 2, 2012 3:11 PM
Aug 2012
Does anyone have the lyrics for this song?
Dec 4, 2012 10:04 AM

Jul 2012
It's incredible that kokoro connect is being affected by all that stupid shit to the point of releasing the last episodes on the blu ray only...

I mean, what the hell does the anime have to do with this crap.

Hopefully the anime adaptation will be able to continue with the rest of the source material. The latter seems to be doing well in rankings.
Critic.
Dec 4, 2012 10:05 AM

Dec 2011
Niko-kun said:
It's incredible that kokoro connect is being affected by all that stupid shit to the point of releasing the last episodes on the blu ray only...

I thought that was the plan from the start?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 4, 2012 10:06 AM

Apr 2010
kuuderes_shadow said:
Niko-kun said:

It was.

Dec 4, 2012 10:07 AM

Jul 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
Niko-kun said:

My impression is that the airing stopped because of this mess with the music composer or whatever.

I'll be glad to be proven wrong.

EDIT:

RyanSaotome said:
kuuderes_shadow said:
Niko-kun said:

It was.

Great. For some reason I got the idea that this somehow affected the anime's airing.
Critic.
Dec 4, 2012 10:12 AM

Sep 2012
^ Hmm, there are people who suspect that those episodes were to get aired through internet channel, but those attacks from the net due to the so-called "seiyuu bullying incident" resulted in the plan being dropped and thus those episodes are now only shown in specially arranged event (spreading over a week) and then it will go to BD....
symbvDec 4, 2012 10:34 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 4, 2012 10:36 AM

Nov 2007
Wow I'm pretty pissed at this change in OP songs for the Blu-Ray.

Hajime's an asshole but that dosen't mean you have to remove the song that poor Riya sang for....was watching episode 01 of the Blu-Ray expecting a BD version of 'paradigm' and I get some other song that's not quite up to par... =.=

Dec 4, 2012 6:11 PM

Jul 2012
This and that bullying accident screwing with Kokoro Connect. These kinds of things just had to happen at an actually decent anime :(
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Dec 4, 2012 6:17 PM

Feb 2012
So... what OP did they use? The one they used for eps 12-13?
Dec 4, 2012 6:26 PM

Sep 2012
HauntingShock said:

Kimochi Signal by Sayuri Horishita is the new OP. Different from 12-13, Kimi Rhythm. It really changes the mood of the show!
Dec 4, 2012 6:28 PM

Feb 2012
hpulley said:
HauntingShock said:

Kimochi Signal by Sayuri Horishita is the new OP. It really changes the mood of the show!

It's an all new one? I see...
Dec 5, 2012 5:11 AM

Feb 2012
The studio is really stupid… Okay, ONE of the Eufonius mamber insulted people, but it’s not a reason to penalize the fans and the entire group.

Moreover, Eufonius is singing, if I’m not mistaken, the opening of “Ima Sugu Oniichan ni Imouto da tte Iitai!” (VN), and Fairys didn’t boycott the group as Silver Link did…

Also, I listened to Paradigm “substitute”, and as said earlier, it radically changes the anime atmosphere ! (The voice is just horrible, and the rhythm is not coordinated with the images…)

Poor Kokoro Connect… We can only dream about having a second season based on the others Light Novels… T^T
Dec 5, 2012 8:38 AM

Sep 2011
Lol what happened here?
Dec 5, 2012 12:01 PM

Jul 2012
I'm pretty pissed myself.

Why the FUCK does the opening (being an EXCELLENT opening imho) need to be changed because of this?

I'm raging over here, because I really like the opening, and I'm sad to see stupid shit affect an incredible anime. And I'd be fine if the opening changed for episode 12 and onwards, but no, you have to go and change it from the beginning.

Critic.
Dec 5, 2012 4:59 PM

Aug 2007
I read the title and I thought: O.o is strange that people change the Op of an anime in the blu ray, but when I read what happened I think: "uf, this people..."
Dec 6, 2012 11:30 AM

May 2011
jmal said:
IZEROII said:
Silver Link does just house a bunch of douche bags I guess.

And why exactly are you blaming the animation production studio for the actions of the composer of an unrelated band?

Hell both scandals had nothing to do with Silver Link.

The seiyuu humiliation fiasco was perpetrated by a Kings Record producer. I had nothing to do with Silver Link or it's staff.

This one is mainly a snobbish musician running his mouth. Unfortunately for him he runs his mouth off at a female seiyuu. Those girls are untouchable in the business cause they provide the cute moe voices for the otaku's 2d lovers.

If anything you could argue that Silver Link is being sabotaged. Kokoro Connect is arguably their best Anime to date and the scandals are destroying it financially.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

68 by xFaithy »»
3 seconds ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 8 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.