Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
BTOOOM!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 12, 2012 4:43 PM

Sep 2012
I sense more betrayal.
Oct 12, 2012 4:47 PM

Aug 2011
Really good second episode. This made me like Himiko a lot more than my first impression of her. I'm glad she wasn't all like, "Oh my god I killed someone what do I do?!" and instead, she got the fuck over it extremely quick.

I think it's stupid how Miho ended up hating Himiko just because she got away. If I were in that situation I'd just be glad that my friend didn't have to go through the same thing. Besides, it was Miho's fault in the first place - she was the one who wanted to meet Yoshioka.
Oct 12, 2012 4:47 PM

Aug 2011
I'm always for some justifiable homicide.

Kill ALL the worthless fucks.
Oct 12, 2012 5:25 PM

Jul 2012
good episode I hated that fat guy its good he got take out by Himiko! bomb looking forward to episode 3
Oct 12, 2012 6:17 PM

Jan 2011
little fast but i got the gist of it knew something was up with Himiko expression at the end of ep 1 and now i know.. not fond of rape and never will be especially creepy sweaty fat rape ;_; already saw it coming when that guy showed up.
Oct 12, 2012 6:53 PM

Jul 2012
I enjoyed it a lot! :D 5/5 Dayum, the perv fattie and crazy killer guy are scary. :S

I like how this episode was from the main girl's POV and her backstory. Strange but I already ship these two. Hope they ally with each other later.
Oct 12, 2012 7:03 PM
Jan 2008
lovelydeath said:

IN RESPONSE TO THIS COMMENT: This sin't the Btoom manga, this is the anime, the adaptation, therefore it makes sense that it has differences and if you are honestly condemning the anime for changing the one small detail of the timing then you really don't understand the word adaptation and really shouldn't be watching one.
I enjoyed the episode, it got a bit dark and I really felt sorry for Himeko, especially the part were her friends blamed ger for what happened since in my honest opinion it really wasn't her fault that happened and they are just making her feal guilty.
In my opinion this is going to be one of the best in the season if they stick to the source material and have it in multiple seasons and don't cram the whole thing into 12 episodes since things like that never turn out well.

Actually the anime didn't "change" anything, it's only going in chronological order (well as much as they can, since Himiko's stuff happened before Ryouta's, however the latter is the protagonist, so of course they had to put his before Himiko's events) of events which some people fail to realize...
Oct 12, 2012 7:20 PM

Mar 2011
Fine episode
Too much rape
Tempted to read the manga
Oct 12, 2012 7:24 PM

Jul 2012
So far so good, loving the anime, but the rape scene between the fat guy and Himiko was really disturbing. :/ Oh well, still a pretty good episode, can't wait for the 3rd one. :)
Oct 12, 2012 7:53 PM

Jul 2012
I thought that was a pretty good episode, and it actually improved my opinion of the show over the first episode. Himiko did the right thing by escaping and calling the police. She couldn't have helped her friends by staying anyway.

On the rape and censoring: Why are people saying there was too much rape? Do you only like a little bit of rape? Surely any fictional rape at all is too much if this bothered you. I didn't even think it was all that impactful considering it happened so quickly, and we really didn't know or care about the characters before it happened. The censoring sucked as always. This anime is targeted at mature adults, and if you can't handle the sex or violence you shouldn't be watching it. Don't contribute to the pussification of society by asking to have adult entertainment watered-down until it's suitable for all ages.
Oct 12, 2012 9:36 PM

Jan 2012
OH, add a girl and things get interesting x) I really liked this ep xD
(and the best part of all is that the MC only got to appear at the end!!! xDDD lol)

Oct 12, 2012 10:42 PM
Aug 2012
Wow, pace of the episode was perfect. I think that's one of the best episodes of an anime i've seen in a long while.
Oct 12, 2012 10:47 PM

May 2012
One of Himeko's friends looks like a chubbier Anri Sonohara! XD Other than that............RAPE! That is all.
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Oct 13, 2012 1:06 AM

Apr 2011
Amon-Raw said:
Lol it always gotta be the fat guys who end up perverted people on animes ....I feel bad thats a bad stereostype I'm not fat but still in just every anime the perverts are fat guys.SMH

Anyways I would prefer just continuing from where we left off and had them introduce her side of the story later on but oh well. Not as good as last week but i guess introductions are important

It's a horrible stereotype, every time I see these types of characters it gives the fat man a bad name. Also this guy is a disgrace to all fat men. Fuck those fags for raping himikos friends.
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Oct 13, 2012 1:17 AM

Jan 2011
Madhouse did a great job with this episode, showing Himiko's backstory and her POV of the situation. I actually like how the rape was censored and wasn't as graphic as the manga. That fat guy was so desperate to be with Himiko, he deserved to die. >=D

Gotta feel sorry for Himiko. She has experienced such horrible things for a 15 year old. She's afraid of men and the island is pretty much scattered with them. The pacing of this episode was perfect. That electronic-type transitioning to the past and back to the present was nice. I would have liked it if these parts were animated later on in the Anime though. However, it makes sense to go in chronological order seeing as how this is only 12 episodes.

Fuck, next episode is where the real shit begins. Ryota's gonna be a real badass. :D
Oct 13, 2012 1:17 AM

Jan 2012
HungLikeaZombie said:
Amon-Raw said:
Lol it always gotta be the fat guys who end up perverted people on animes ....I feel bad thats a bad stereostype I'm not fat but still in just every anime the perverts are fat guys.SMH

Anyways I would prefer just continuing from where we left off and had them introduce her side of the story later on but oh well. Not as good as last week but i guess introductions are important

It's a horrible stereotype, every time I see these types of characters it gives the fat man a bad name. Also this guy is a disgrace to all fat men. Fuck those fags for raping himikos friends.

I knew something was going to happen between Himiko and her friend with glasses, but I didn't think it'd be rape. I was thinking more like those band dudes pretend to like her (glasses girl) and then hit on Himiko or something less hardcore :P
Oct 13, 2012 1:19 AM
Jan 2010
HungLikeaZombie said:
Amon-Raw said:

Yeah I like how all these asswipes talk shit about the fat guy but say nothing toward the 5 skinny guys who raped those school girls. Fat guy was disgusting, etc, etc; you guys need to look in mirror more. Of course the fat guy was a loser and a rapist but that had nothing to do with him being fat.
Oct 13, 2012 1:39 AM

Jun 2009
lol fatso was hilarious. Sakamoto should have a body like that with him being NEET for 2 years but instead he is fit as fuck.

Also, did Himiko's friend sounded like Akarin (same seiyuu I think)? The one she is close with or is it just me?
Oct 13, 2012 4:36 AM

Jan 2011
This show is so addicting, instead of telling of when happens after episode 1's cliffhanger we get her point of view and still the same cliffhanger. I can't wait for more and waiting another week really sucks.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 13, 2012 7:15 AM

Mar 2012
This episode was fucking horrible tbh
Oct 13, 2012 7:44 AM

Nov 2011
I can't wait till necrophilia-boy/shota shows up

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Oct 13, 2012 8:59 AM
Feb 2009
nicce epps cept for the tity sucking part lol
Oct 13, 2012 9:11 AM

Jan 2008
Fat guy was funny. =D
Oct 13, 2012 9:21 AM

Nov 2007
That was pretty graphic.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Oct 13, 2012 9:49 AM

Apr 2011
Realz graphic. Still looking forward to the next ep. though.
Oct 13, 2012 10:15 AM
May 2012
Ok, this anime has so weird, it's ok only. BTOOM! could be bether, and... HAS CENSURED?!
Oct 13, 2012 11:44 AM

Feb 2012
I don't remember every detail of the manga, has been too long but it was alright, we learned everything we need to know. Too bad it was censored though, I was looking forward to the scene with the fatso sucking on Himiko's tits and the censoring ruined it quite a bit for me.
Oct 13, 2012 12:35 PM

Oct 2009
be raped or not be raped. That is the question <.<;

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Oct 13, 2012 12:59 PM

Aug 2012
>hot gaijin girl didn't get raped..
dropped!!
Oct 13, 2012 2:11 PM

Jul 2011
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Hmmm... the fat guy was stated to have lost his virginity prior to the start of the manga

On another note... So far compared to the manga, the anime's pacing has been absolute shit. Though the anime still seems good so far, and Himiko is slightly more attractive because of her facial structure, but the Ecchi/Hentai scenes are much more tame.

It was quite obvious that they would cut the rape scenes from the manga...yet I still catch myself with statements like these. -.-'
Oct 13, 2012 2:40 PM

Jun 2011
I read the manga immediately after watching the first episode, because this seemed like a very good anime and many people were praising the manga in the comments...

Well, now that I watched the second episode and I've read the manga up until the 49. chapter, I'm a bit disappointed :/
They jumped to Himiko's past way too soon (well, it only has 12 episodes so I guess I can't hope for too much...), I just hope that they won't make much more stupid time jumps or come up with a retarded ending for this anime.

I see three possible options for how things can turn out at this point:
1. Come up with their own ending for this anime, which will most likely suck (bad, but with high chances)
2. Come up with their own ending for this anime, and actually make it good and successful (very unlikely)
3. Make a 2nd and maybe even a 3rd season when the manga continues (awesome but unlikely)

And what the hell is up with this censoring? It's fine to show blown up pieces of a human (1st episode) but you absolutely can't show any rape scene or even nudity? Way to go Japan! Yay! -.-

Oh well, I haven't lost all hope for this anime - yet.
Oct 13, 2012 2:46 PM

Sep 2012
Himiko had it tough. I didn't read the manga, but I'm glad you got to see Himiko's past before shit starts to get hectic, so that we get a better idea of what kind of person Himiko is. It's gonna be interesting to see how she opens up to the MC (who's name I forgot already lol)
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Oct 13, 2012 2:51 PM
Nov 2011
So far the show's standards (because of the storyline) is rising! I honestly got hooked too hooked at some parts and disturbed by another!

The fat guy....gaaaah! F**K HIM!! he pissed me off so much !
I don't even think he died, in the end he just fell into the pond, water or whatever that is !!!
I can't wait till the 18th for the next episode!

Anyone here reads the manga? Is it any good
Oct 13, 2012 3:46 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Damn this show is awesome. Glad she killed that fat slob. Can't wait till next week's episode.
Oct 13, 2012 5:44 PM

Nov 2008
Misandry UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That fat guy was gettin it in tho lmao
Oct 13, 2012 7:39 PM

Sep 2008
that "friend" of hers is an asshole. Really? Blame her because the guy you wanted to meet raped you (or/and his friends). Why not blame that actual dude that raped you? Kind of disliked that she agreed with her friend and thought she was responsable because she escaped but they didin't. What could she have done to help against four males? She seems to have done what she could in the situation. She escaped, called the cops and did not stay silent. If they hate her for that and signed her up for this game then those girls deserve their fate. Rotten to the core.

Anyway at the very least she was happy that she managed to defend herself and did not give in like it was looking like it was going to go.

This anime looking good.
Oct 13, 2012 8:17 PM

Feb 2012
Himiko's backstory isn't supposed to be revealed until much later. I guess it's ok to reveal it now.

Bit bummed that the 'rape' scenes were censored though. Hopefully the BDs fix that ;D. Was much better in the manga.

Still, I hope madhouse doesn't disappoint with this adaptation.
YveseOct 13, 2012 8:54 PM
Oct 14, 2012 2:05 AM

Jun 2012
Well not a great, but not a bad episode. I didn't like the certain scenes, just something I don't like to think about. But I do like that finally at the end of the episode, they meet up at the same time and location as episode one (comes together). I also like the little bit of background information on her, although it was brief and not very detailed. I would still like to know how they were even able to disappear, what's going on at home while they disappeared, and who is behind it.
Anyway, 4/5.

Oct 14, 2012 5:10 AM
Sep 2012
I'm kind of confused! So Btooom "battle royale" isn't a place where society disposes of it's rouge elements?! It would make sense with the psychos, murders and rapist we have seen so far. As for Sakamoto, the degree of his offence is still a little ambiguous after the first episode. There is surely a more productive way to utilize demotivated youngsters, than killing them off. But since he was hinted to have some anger management issues, he could be a brutal mother beater, that deserves what's coming to him. Who knows!
But why the hell would anyone put "innocent" people on the island? (Unless it's some shady organization, that likes pointless sadistic games.) After courageously escaping a group of rapists, alerting the police & saving her friends, Himiko would be a hero to the media & society. I can buy that those girls hated her. It's irrational, but being gang raped and then puled trough the media sewerage, may leave you a little bit jaded. So they signed he up. Fine! And then some men in black appear and take you to the island. No background check? So I guess the teacher that got stabbed at the start of the episode was also nothing more, than some annoying control freak, that got signed up by his class! Basically everyone can get "spirited away" and no one in the "real world" gives a damn? What's up with that?
PsychoPassOct 14, 2012 7:42 AM
Oct 14, 2012 5:32 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
So Himiko friends got raped and beaten up and Himiko got about to get raped...

T_T .... worst thing ever! I dont mind watching like killing and beating up type of stuff... but raping is the worst kind of thing which i hate so much... since once somone is raped then cleaness is gone.. i would suicide if i would be girl and get raped..

Well.. "clean" girls you see only in anime...
in these these girls change guys like socks and then whine that noone loves em D:...

Well im quite an idealist ... so T_T... for me is perfectos or forever alone..

Looking forward for next ep though. So im guessing Himiko and Ryouta were married ingame. So im smelling romance here :D
Oct 14, 2012 5:48 AM

Jun 2010
Another awesome episode. I read the first few posts in this discussion about the manga and the anime. I checked out the manga and episode 2 is using chapter in the 30s. I think I am gonna start reading the manga at one point but they have alternative scenes that they didn't show in the anime. Different rape scene and such not suitable for tv. Looking forwad to the next one
Oct 14, 2012 8:28 AM
Jul 2011
Have to say I'm really enjoying this show so far, it's all a bit Gantz meets Battle Royale but that's no bad thing! :D

I haven't read the manga yet so of course I don't know why Himiko's backstory would be much more relevant later on, but from the point of view of a 12 episode season of anime that may or may not be headed for a 2nd season I can see why they would bring it in so early and I like the way they tied the ends of episodes 1 and 2 together to keep the flow of the main story.
Oct 14, 2012 2:01 PM

Jul 2010
This episode was messed up. So much rape.

All we got was her back story too; no continuation from last week at all. Looking forward to next week, although it's pretty obvious the good guys (Ryouta) are also gonna get treated like scum.

Oct 14, 2012 2:37 PM

Sep 2007
Too much rape, too little substance. Dropped.

But really, with the competition it has to face this autumn...
Oct 14, 2012 3:59 PM

Jan 2011
Great episode, can't wait for the next.
I guess the fat guy was caught with his pants down?
Oct 14, 2012 6:07 PM

Jul 2012
Weee sexual assault! Fat guy sexual assault! Assault assault assault!
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Oct 14, 2012 9:52 PM

Jun 2012
Hope that fat, stinky, sicko is dead... He could still be alive waiting to pop up later on and jiggle and huff around some more. -_- Uhg.

Despite the nature of the episode though... I liked it. It was a bit... X_x and I rarely find that in Anime anymore.
Oct 15, 2012 12:13 AM

Feb 2012
DeWinter said:
Hope that fat, stinky, sicko is dead... He could still be alive waiting to pop up later on and jiggle and huff around some more. -_- Uhg.

Despite the nature of the episode though... I liked it. It was a bit... X_x and I rarely find that in Anime anymore.

Looks like he's alive though :(

Great ep :D Cliffhanger got me good~
Oct 15, 2012 7:22 AM

Jul 2008
Akarin~
Oct 15, 2012 10:16 AM

Apr 2007
RAPE HER !!! SHIT FATSO !!! WHY DIDNT HE JUST KNOCK THE BOMB AWAY JUST LIKE THE TAZER !!! FFS FATSO!!!
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2012

142 by project_ain »»
Mar 28, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Elite60 - Nov 15, 2012

158 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Nov 8, 2012

140 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

177 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 11:45 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2012

197 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 10:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.