Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Mar 30, 2014 10:07 AM

Jun 2013
Great anime about overcoming your fears and insecurities with help of love and friendship. Great characters who feel realistic and relatable. Very good OST.

9/10. I require more loli Inaba =3
Apr 4, 2014 7:57 PM

Nov 2012
So Iori's family issues were resolved.

The ending didn't feel like an ending though.Probably because there's still the last 4 episodes.

Alot of drama and teenage angst in this.7/10 (will probably lower to 6/10 with time).
Apr 27, 2014 2:15 PM

Dec 2009
All in all, the manner in which the writers built upon the basic premise of being meddling with by a mysterious, powerful entity made this a decent series. Having so much with which to work doesn't necessarily guarantee a realization of the full potential of a thing (See: "Wizard Barristers"); however, Kokoro delivers in many ways.

That being said, I felt that the finale left much to be desired -although the series is worth the watch.
May 1, 2014 7:20 AM

Aug 2013
Well, a bit dissapointed because it look like the second Heartseed had no plan at all. He just go then being all ''oh well, I'll put everyone of you randomly little, that'll show them!''...

Anyway, this arc was less good than the two previous one. It felt a bit unnecessary, but at the same time, it was obvious that Iori had problems with her mom and now it's solved.

Well, up to the final arc!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 16, 2014 3:56 AM

Oct 2013
hope these OVAs sort some stuff out like INABA X TAICHI OMG
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 18, 2014 7:36 PM

Jan 2014
My thoughts...

Glad Iori cleared things up with her mom.
Whats with her not loving Taichi at the end? Does she still love him? If she doesn't, why not?
Who is 2nd heartseed and did he just show up to screw with them?
Who is 1st heartseed? Did he just want to screw with them as well?
Iori's mom is pretty badass.
Will Inaba X Taichi ship now that apparently Iori is questionable about her love.
I hope the questions I had will be answered in the OVA!

Edit: How the hell is heartseed so good at self defense.
SyndricalJun 18, 2014 7:46 PM
Jun 25, 2014 6:31 AM

Jan 2012
decent start but the more I watch it, the more I don't give a fuck..

7/10
Jul 12, 2014 10:47 AM

May 2013
Nice series but it started to drag on towards the end. There is definitely a need for more Inaba and a couple between Inaba and Taichi would not be bad.

8/10
Jul 23, 2014 7:52 AM

Sep 2011
Uhm... Honestly the first arc is only the good part of this show and the rest, somehow meh.

I want to give a 8 but sadly...

By the way, I hate the Aoki and Yui pairing.

Oct 16, 2014 1:22 AM

Oct 2013
What's with the plot twist at the sudden end? I really hate Iori with a passion now. Well glad that she doesn't really love him, Inaba x Taichi should be official now.

8/10...could've been MUCH better.
Jan 1, 2015 7:01 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I can honestly relate to Iori. She was probably very intimidated by this man and didn't dare to speak to her mom, i don't really blame her. Heartseed is greatness, guardian angel.

On to the last arc :D
Jan 26, 2015 2:40 PM
May 2014
Cool episode, hoped for more Inaba with Taichi though.

8/10. Now to the remaining 4 episodes.
Feb 27, 2015 12:32 PM

Jul 2012
It was okay but I have no idea why they did a plot twist at the end. I was hoping that they would finally explain who this Heartseed actually is =|

7/10.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Mar 9, 2015 5:34 AM

Sep 2014
Well, that was a mediocre experience

got bored by the end, but it was pretty good up to episode 10
Aug 12, 2015 12:09 PM

Oct 2013
Iori's mom was so badass, i love this episode but one thing that bugs me that Iori said "Taichi is a nice guy but do really love Taichi ?" i was like whaaaat ? after all this time you've spent together with him how dare you say that ? like come on.. but anyways it's pretty enjoyable

Overall score 9/10
Aug 13, 2015 1:53 AM
Feb 2015
The show had a very interesting plot that I feel could've gone farther, or deeper than it did. It got kind of boring towards the end, but it was tolerable. I'm not sure if I will watch the final four episodes...(7/10)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2015 2:30 AM
Dec 2012
This anime should be rename to Kokoro Trolling...
Oct 1, 2015 4:28 AM
May 2015
Just finished it and i m dying to read the rest of the story in the light novel form. However, very few content from where the anime left of seems to be translated in baka tsuki. Does anyone else how much time it usually takes for a new chapter to be translated or at least if more of it has been translated somewhere in the internet?
TheBuddahmanOct 1, 2015 10:34 AM
Oct 18, 2015 5:01 PM

May 2015
After episode 7 I was really enjoying this and thinking I'd be giving this a much different score than I am now. The final arc seemed rushed. WHo is number two? Why is he relevant? Why did he decide to meddle? Why did heartseed even start all of this? Will Inaba or Iori get with Taichi? So many questions left over and the Male MC's were pretty weak in this show. Overall I did enjoy most of this show though. 6/10. We'll see what the final 4 episodes hold for me.
Nov 10, 2015 6:42 AM
Aug 2007
Hmmm.. I really enjoyed the inital concept.. the body switching was really interesting and really opened up the 5 characters (as in, they all got to know each other really well) and allowed them to bond with each other really well. I think they could have kept on going with it for the entirety of the show.

The desires and the time-reversing arcs were a bit boring for me (although desires started off really well until Inaba shut herself off). The time-reversing one was especially boring because they were just all sitting in a conveniently available abandoned building for the entirety of it.

There was a bit of forced drama here and there, and a lot of times where it foreshadowed things but then completely changed course. For example, this entire time we're shown Nagase mother to be somewhat weak but still working too hard, going from bad relationship to bad relationship, not being there for Nagase even when she was in hospital, but then suddenly she's just doing it because Nagase was trying to recover something (what does that even mean?!) and she's actually a super strong person who doesn't take shit from anyone? Whyyyyyy?! Why did it have to go the comedy route?! It would have been so much more heartfelt if they had sat down and talked/cried it out and seen that they just wanted the best for each other, etc...

Aoki showing up at Nana's place just to say "lol I haven't seen you in 10 years or something, but I like someone else, k bye" was WTF to the extreme. I couldn't believe that Nana wasn't angry at him for showing up like that..

There's also the fact that there's all this heartseed stuff that hasn't been explained, but I doubt that will be explained.. On to the OVAs!

(I give this a 7/10... mainly thanks to the first half of the show)
Nov 19, 2015 12:01 PM

Dec 2014
It has 17 episodes the remaining are listed some where else
Nov 25, 2015 1:20 PM

Jul 2009
It was nice that Iori finally asked for help, and talked with her mom, they were both trying to make each other happy.
But in the end Iori made herself a question that many of us were thinking during the whole series, if she really loves Taichi, I believe she kinda stayed with him coz she needed to feel wanted/loved. 7/10
Nov 28, 2015 1:05 PM

Jan 2015
Well nevermind. This episode ruined the 2 previous ones.
The time changes used to have purpose, but in this one they felt like really random, almost trollish. And don't use the "Taichi spilled the beans" excuse, cause it's really piss poor.

In the 2 first arcs, Heartseed just set conditions, it didn't feel like him guiding the characters through it. He would let them find out the problems and solve them.
But in this last episode, he practically showed Iori what's wrong and how to resolve it...

On another note, Iori's mom is just a bitch, trying out potential father figures as if they were a pair of socks, and even taking back the discarded second one. She probably was in need of a good d*cking. Such a bad ending.

6/10 for the show in its entirety. More like an E for Effort.
HapHazrDNov 28, 2015 1:14 PM
Dec 19, 2015 5:33 PM

Mar 2014
Reunion with our own Time Frames .
Make appeasement and be free .
Learn not to be a lone individual .
True Persona .
Overflowing Gratitude .
Together . As Friends .
VERY GREAT EPISODE .

Such a very consistent , dramatically outstanding overall . Truly .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2016 5:43 PM

Nov 2014
Amazing Series I loved it all. Glad to See Iori feel better but she doesn't like Taichi anymore? Is Inaba going to slide in? :P
Hi there
Feb 19, 2016 4:59 PM
Feb 2015
I thought Iori's mother was a slut at first because she kept swapping men like socks but I loved how she just rekt the guy ( even though we didn't see it :/ )

Pretty good sho overall, I fucking loved the 1st arc but didn't like the 2nd and 3rd as much, 7/10 - 8/10
Sep 26, 2016 2:40 PM

Dec 2015
Seeing Iori's mother kicking the ass of that worthless ex-husband was the most satisfying part of this episode. At first I really though that she was helpless or somekind.

This serie as a whole was great, with a good mix of comedy and some drama.

Score: 9/10.
Dec 16, 2016 4:15 AM

Dec 2013
I definitely enjoyed this arc more than the second arc.

Drama was a bit of a hit and miss but I really enjoyed the characters.
Dec 22, 2016 10:41 PM

Nov 2016
Episode 13 - As Long As We're Together:

"I said that I'd make it forever. Remember?" (Second to Taichi) This thing will be forever now?

"Will you help me?"(Iori to everyone)
Iori finally ask for help

"But I've made sure they won't meddle in your affairs again." (Ballon Vine about Second) so he took care of him?

"I wouldn't be here if I hadn't lived my past the way I did. So I wouldn't do anything differently." (Nagase to Ballon Vine) great speech from Iori and seems to made some change in Ballon Vine mind.

"He's a great guy, But...Do I really love Yaegashi Taichi?" (Nagase Iori)

5/5
(10/10 to the series)
ArakitoDec 23, 2016 2:16 AM
Mar 12, 2017 9:59 PM

Jan 2014
I can't remember how many times I dropped this show already.

Then all of a sudden I picked it up again and suddenly liked it. How weird.

8/10
Recommend me an anime
Apr 4, 2017 11:53 AM
Jan 2012
That was... alright. S: I wanted to like it more, but couldn't.
May 29, 2017 1:08 PM

Feb 2015
Last 3 episodes were really disappointing. Didn't like the time reversal gimmick, and not happy that we didn't get to know anything more about Heartseed and Number Two in the end. :( It's been a while since an anime ending made me feel empty like this.

To anyone reading this, are the OVA episodes worth checking at all if I disliked the ending of this show? Or is it going to keep us in the dark like the end of this season did?
MilenninMay 29, 2017 1:12 PM
Jun 12, 2017 2:26 AM

Jan 2010
wellp this ending feels unfinished, but i guess that's because of the other 4 episodes

on overall this was a very good anime, i liked pretty much everything about it, it had the thrills romance and life lessons i kinda long on an anime

i'm going to give this an 8/10 and watch the second ''season'' or how you call it as well(although i didn't want to originally)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jun 16, 2017 7:04 PM

Sep 2013
Finally over....not a bad show by any means. Just too sappy and sentimental for my tastes. I can see why others enjoy it though.

6/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 31, 2017 10:09 AM
Jan 2016
I hate this episode glade that the TV series is over now
Power of friendship just hits again
This anime is trash 3/10
Aug 4, 2017 5:18 AM

Dec 2015
No idea why this series is rated so highly, perhaps popularised towards a mostly younger, less mature audience?

Nothing in this series stands out. To be frank, it tackles a whole variety of issues/elements whilst failing to justify any one of them.

Every single side character in the series served little to no purpose; all they did was shallowly convenience the plot. Yui's childhood friend, Nana, Inaba's brother were nothing more than tools blatantly used to support the MCs - introduced at the most coincidental times only to be scrapped after 1 or 2 episodes.

The plot itself was a disappointment onwards from episode 2. What started to be a promising mystery quickly dissolved into a sick social experiment which would only become increasingly ridiculous as it continues. Since when is it a good idea to start each arc with some mysterious supernatural phenomena, only to explain everything in the next episode?

So many questions remained unanswered - why specifically those 5? What was the point of those experiments? Why introduce a second balloon vine, only to kill it off after 2 episodes? Balloon vine 2 swore it would make the age-change permanent yet went back on it's promise after a few minutes? Taichi is threatened to keep a secret that if revealed, would permanently affect his friend's futures - spills the beans after light questioning?

Then we have the shallow character development of the MCs: Boy 1 who is seriously in love with Girl 1, get's rejected. What does he then do? He decides the next day that he's seriously in love with Girl 2. Boy 1 is apparently a wrestling fanatic yet only makes like two references to wrestling in the series.

The ovas seem a tiny bit better but I really do regret watching ep 1-13.
~
Sep 8, 2017 8:59 AM

Sep 2015
This is one of those series I don't think too highly of but still got really into. To the point I want to read the light novels. Because it seems like its story actually has forward momentum with progress and growth. It's a show with really good characters. That's the big selling point. They may have some occasionally dumb tragic back stories. They may become frustratingly static for awhile in service of an emotional breakthrough arc. But there is still a lot of surprising depth to them. Given what this show looks like. Especially Iori and Inaba.

It's too bad a lot of where this show misses the mark is the emotional storytelling. It's quite funny when it can be bothered to be. It has juicy little premises if they are a bit goofy and sloppily executed sometimes. But a lot of the feelsy emotional scenes in the show are just kind of dumb. Stuff like Iori's five abusive step dads. Or a lot of the scenes of heroic selfless Taeshi. All amid some emotional moments that resonate. Like Iori chasing Inaba through the woods in the second arc. And Taeshi helping Yui overcome her fear of men.

This is a series with its heart in the right place. And the role of the character of Heartseed feels to me like a clever little meta commentary on the author. Sticking the characters in these contrived situation's he's in control of to amuse himself. There's something really interesting there. And the five leads are all charming enough. With some good character moments that will have you wanting to know what happens next to them. And while the character designs are a little generic the aesthetic of the series is kind of cool too.

But one of the biggest problems overall. And part of why I assume they didn't get more than a four episode ova to end on a stronger arc. Is how rushed the final arc is. It already has arguably the most absurd premise. As the characters sporadically begin turning back into their younger selves. But it was such a rush job. Condensing an arc into three episodes where they took five each on the previous ones. That contributed to the arc feeling really weak and redundant. Especially given it was rehashing a lot of the plot and character points we'd seen already. It felt bland, flat and very messy. I hope they took their time on the OVA and end on a stronger note. Because like I said I really wanted to like this series at a certain point. I give it a 6/10. But it was a 7/10 before that last arc.
SubscriberSunSep 8, 2017 9:03 AM
Sep 30, 2017 12:34 PM
Jul 2017
Oooh god i love this anime <3
Kokoro Connect <3
Oct 8, 2017 6:43 AM

Sep 2012
Touka__Kirishima said:
No idea why this series is rated so highly, perhaps popularised towards a mostly younger, less mature audience?

Nothing in this series stands out. To be frank, it tackles a whole variety of issues/elements whilst failing to justify any one of them.

Every single side character in the series served little to no purpose; all they did was shallowly convenience the plot. Yui's childhood friend, Nana, Inaba's brother were nothing more than tools blatantly used to support the MCs - introduced at the most coincidental times only to be scrapped after 1 or 2 episodes.

The plot itself was a disappointment onwards from episode 2. What started to be a promising mystery quickly dissolved into a sick social experiment which would only become increasingly ridiculous as it continues. Since when is it a good idea to start each arc with some mysterious supernatural phenomena, only to explain everything in the next episode?

So many questions remained unanswered - why specifically those 5? What was the point of those experiments? Why introduce a second balloon vine, only to kill it off after 2 episodes? Balloon vine 2 swore it would make the age-change permanent yet went back on it's promise after a few minutes? Taichi is threatened to keep a secret that if revealed, would permanently affect his friend's futures - spills the beans after light questioning?

Then we have the shallow character development of the MCs: Boy 1 who is seriously in love with Girl 1, get's rejected. What does he then do? He decides the next day that he's seriously in love with Girl 2. Boy 1 is apparently a wrestling fanatic yet only makes like two references to wrestling in the series.

EliseZoghbi34 said:
This anime is trash 3/10

it has 4 ova's that finish the story, they run out of time & had to release unfinished anime so they did 4EP latter

watch the hole thing before saying things like that
Oct 8, 2017 5:40 PM

Dec 2015
Sugram22 said:
Touka__Kirishima said:

EliseZoghbi34 said:
This anime is trash 3/10

it has 4 ova's that finish the story, they run out of time & had to release unfinished anime so they did 4EP latter

Those 4 ovas were the the epitome of cancer. Every single one of my mentioned questions remained unanswered. Thanks for reminding me of this horrible series smh.
~
Oct 13, 2017 4:00 AM

Oct 2015
The soul switching part was good, the second part about desire unleashed was so so and the fighting amongst them was not interesting and last part about time regress was below stupid. The romance was not there for me because friendship was in the way for me, the word love was thrown around in a pointless way and overused stupidly.The rivalry between Inaba and Iori was below cold and boring. 4/10 no episode 14 i dont trust it.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 26, 2017 7:12 AM

Aug 2013
9/10. I really liked the whole concept. Probably the first anime where 'gamemaster' idea was really interesting, not forced and not EMOed.
In the other hand that ending bugs me a lot. She don't know if she loves him? Like WTF.
Iori is my favorite character, but again, wtf.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 7, 2018 4:24 AM

Aug 2017
nice episode

what's it supposed to mean at the last when iori said "do i really love taichi".
even though i'm inaba X taichi shipper and felt happy, i didn't like it that they put it this way, are they telling that everything iori felt for taichi is nothing but false,o c'mon

liked the children arc but i expected more from it

well anyway i'm going to watch the specials

8/10
Jan 14, 2018 10:20 PM

Sep 2011
This was probably the worst part of the show for me, you build up this massive drama, one that has some genuine relatable trauma that makes up the entirety of irori's character, then you resolve it in such a abrupt and dumb way of just making her talk to her mom for like a whopping 1 minute to find out its all the result of some misunderstanding? Like no this trivialises her entire character and a good portion of the show, a part of the show I was honestly pretty invested in. Like did they have to make it so damned laid back and cheery, this show has dealt with freaking sexual assault trauma yet it decides to just cop out when it comes to emotional isolation and domestic abuse? like why.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 22, 2018 4:58 AM
Jan 2018
Wow i love it! It's very emotional.
Jan 22, 2018 12:23 PM

Sep 2012
Prim3 said:
Sugram22 said:

Those 4 ovas were the the epitome of cancer. Every single one of my mentioned questions remained unanswered. Thanks for reminding me of this horrible series smh.

its not cancer cause it would have been same way even if they would have finished sooner & released complete story cause u didn't like the pairing doesn't make it a cancer

4 OVA'S were made later cause time was up & they had to release incomplete story, 13EP & OVA'S are EP 14, 15, 16 & 17 & they finish the story, so this are not OVA'S this are continent what was left out due before due time & were released later as OVA'S

EliseZoghbi34 said:
This anime is trash 3/10

watch the 4ovas to then it gets better

JizzyHitler said:
This was probably the worst part of the show for me, you build up this massive drama, one that has some genuine relatable trauma that makes up the entirety of irori's character, then you resolve it in such a abrupt and dumb way of just making her talk to her mom for like a whopping 1 minute to find out its all the result of some misunderstanding? Like no this trivialises her entire character and a good portion of the show, a part of the show I was honestly pretty invested in. Like did they have to make it so damned laid back and cheery, this show has dealt with freaking sexual assault trauma yet it decides to just cop out when it comes to emotional isolation and domestic abuse? like why.

u2, watch the ova's Iori's issue isn't resolved at all

Xander_Cage said:
nice episode

what's it supposed to mean at the last when iori said "do i really love taichi".
even though i'm inaba X taichi shipper and felt happy, i didn't like it that they put it this way, are they telling that everything iori felt for taichi is nothing but false,o c'mon

liked the children arc but i expected more from it

well anyway i'm going to watch the specials

8/10

well her final words do hint that she mistook admiration for love (& new she started to realize it, but she is still not sure) it happens sometimes & considering what mess she is with her identity crisis its even less surprise
Sugram22Jan 23, 2018 12:28 PM
Jan 28, 2018 6:46 PM

Feb 2014
Well, I just hope I gert to get answers in the OVAs about what is happening... that Ballon Vine and etc
Apr 12, 2018 2:58 PM

May 2016
Decent ending but we need what's Baloon Vine. 7/10
May 10, 2018 8:43 AM

Mar 2018
Ending was quite cute. I enjoyed seeing the humanization of the Heartseeds. The first Heartseed, while creepy as hell, is quite benevolent.

I was annoyed to get no resolution to the love tringle, but a cliffhanger ending is better than no ending, since the OVAs exist.

Overall I very much enjoyed this show. I loved seeing how good friends the main characters are and how much effort they put into treating each other well and projecting each other. It makes for a very warm story. I give the series 8/10. I intend to procure the OVA and check out the light novels. :)
Aug 23, 2018 3:38 PM

Oct 2012
Hm, not the best episode (didn't like this arc much I guess) but the ending cliffhanger was just a bomb - after what they had together in the first arc, something like this is very painful. I know Taichi isn't the best character but I simply can't see him with Inaba - they have no chemistry together - and I really hope this isn't sign of thing to come (sadly, knowing the anime, probably is).
Why the best girl have to alway lose?

Anyway, resolution of Iori's story with her mother turned out nothing special and exceptionally weak (the way her mother threw out her ex was nice gesture but one that would create even more problems and potential violent stalker in the future), even Fusen Kazura the Second wasn't explained well and the appearance of the original one just felt like deus ex machina. I'm not saying there weren't good parts in this arc but overall it felt a lot forced and full of writing shortcuts. Just my 2 cents.

I loved two previous arcs though, and I like the characters. Hoping for Michi Random to be awesome again.

7/10 So far, lower score because of this arc.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

369 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2012

212 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

230 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 2, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

193 by _untitled »»
Feb 19, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2012

294 by _untitled »»
Feb 17, 3:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.