Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 29, 2012 8:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Oh wow, Yui sure is the energetic one this episode. I think there's some trouble going through Iori's heads but she's a good girl so she can handle it. Poor Iori though :(

I also lol'd @ baby Aoki, so cute! Overall, another good episode and I think concludes the arc..hmm. Also, that little narration by Iori at the end there was somewhat touching. So, I guess it's to the OVAs now.
Stark700Sep 29, 2012 9:33 AM
Sep 29, 2012 9:26 AM

May 2011
Very nice moments of Iori development in this episode. Loved how her mom kicked that guy's ass too, win mom is win!
Sep 29, 2012 9:31 AM

Aug 2010
Wow, Iori and her mom should have just talked about the situation earlier. That would have saved them a lot of grief.
Sep 29, 2012 9:52 AM

Jan 2011
I hope this doesnt mean Iori doesnt love Taichi anymore that would suck
Sep 29, 2012 9:54 AM

Nov 2007
Good ending to the Kako Random Arc. Next up is the Michi Random Arc.

The waiting game begins. *Puts Kokoro Connect on-hold for now*. I really hope we don't have to wait until BD Vol 6 & 7 (March 27, 2013 & April 24, 2013) to see the next Arc...
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Sep 29, 2012 10:02 AM
Oct 2010
a misunderstanding i guess. mom turned all gangster on him.

damn so now we get to wait for the next ep?
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Sep 29, 2012 10:03 AM
Nov 2008
It's not really an OVA since they do continue the story. But I think this arc was a bit short with a lot of content.
Sep 29, 2012 10:04 AM

Jun 2012
Iori finally let her friends help her, thank god.

This arc seemed like it didn't know what it's focus was on. For the first episode it was Taichi, then Yui/Aoki, and finally Iori in the last episode. I liked it though, but I'm kinda disappointed with how the whole situation got resolved. First Heartseed is just like, look I'm sorry Number Two was an asshole but he won't be a problem anymore, and that's it. We don't know what exactly he did. I liked this arc more than the second one and it's pretty close to the first arc, likability wise.

With the broadcast season over, I give this show a tentative 7/10 for the episodes that have aired but with one last arc being released over the blu rays it could change.
Sep 29, 2012 10:13 AM
Feb 2012
Yelling and Crying the anime.

The babies were cute.

Gotou Ryuuzen, still the best character.
Sep 29, 2012 10:26 AM
Apr 2011
This episode successfully reminded me of why I love One Piece so much. That scene where a girl tries to solve everything by herself and then asks for help from her friends was also done in One Piece, except it was done waaaaaaaay better over there.

Anyways, this is my overall opinion on the show:
body swapping arc: 10/10
desire release arc: 5/10
childhood return arc: 6/10
Overall: 7/10

This anime's fallen quite far since the first arc. What a shame, I was really expecting this series to become one of my new favorites, but instead it's fallen into the void of seven outta ten. Maybe I'll read the light novels, I do wanna find out what happens next. *shrug*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2012 10:35 AM

Jan 2010
So, wait, we have to wait? For how long? D:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2012 10:38 AM

Apr 2010
Iori's mother surely knows how to come up for herself at the ending makes me wonder why she endured that guy in the first place.
So they never really spoken to each other what they really wanted i guess Iori and her mother are a happy family the way the are now.
That revelation at the ending of Iori about Taichi was a interesting one seems things are going Inaba's way now and i wish her luck.

I wonder how Aoki Inaba and Taichi explained to there family's that they where away for a few days we know Iori's situation and we saw Yui calling her mother but we didn't see the situation for those three.
They didn't seem to worry tho.

About the last few episodes when will they air?
Sep 29, 2012 10:38 AM
Mar 2012
Awesome episode :)
Sep 29, 2012 10:42 AM

Apr 2012
Nice conclusion of the arc and Iori's mother was hilarious, ha!

Now it's time to wait for the conclusion of this anime.. ah damn you, stupid pranksters.
Favourite anime this season for sure and a 9/10 overall despite the fact that the first half was better in general.
Sep 29, 2012 10:48 AM

Nov 2007
Aversa said:

This will be announced soon, as i've gathered on Twitter. Ep14-17 will be shown during screening events. It's only a question of when these events will be on.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Sep 29, 2012 10:48 AM
Aug 2012
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Oh wow, Yui sure is the energetic one this episode. I think there's some trouble going through Iori's heads but she's a good girl so she can handle it. Poor Iori though :(

I also lol'd @ baby Aoki, so cute! Overall, another good episode and I think concludes the arc..hmm. Also, that little narration by Iori at the end there was somewhat touching. So, I guess it's to the OVAs now.

They are not OVAS
Sep 29, 2012 10:57 AM

Nov 2011
Is this the last episode?

Sep 29, 2012 11:02 AM
Nov 2008
No there are still 4 episodes left. They're just not going to be aired on TV. Either do the theater showing then BD. Still hoping for internet streaming for the last 4 eps.
Sep 29, 2012 11:02 AM

May 2012
This anime can be summed up in a couple of words: manufactured drama. I honestly don't understand why this is so popular.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Sep 29, 2012 11:04 AM

Aug 2010
This could've actually worked as a final ep...but I'm glad it's not hehe

I was like What the heck...that Iori and her mother have never talked about the issue before but when her mother yelled at the bastard and kicked him out that was hilarious XD

Can't wait for nxt arc...hope it's about Inaba x Taichi
Sep 29, 2012 11:05 AM
Oct 2010
LancelotTypeZero said:
I hope this doesnt mean Iori doesnt love Taichi anymore that would suck
I feel the same, but I'm almost sure that's the case...

Too bad, as much as I like Inaba, I think Taichi and Iori would make a better couple.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Sep 29, 2012 11:17 AM

Sep 2012
I'm not too fond of the way this Iori stuff was resolved. They made a whole "frienship is magic" speech but in the end, her friends didn't do much to help her, she only needed to talk about it with her mother.

I think the first arc was way better than the others, and There was a bit too much forced dramas for me, but overall, this was an OK anime.

6/10
Sep 29, 2012 11:20 AM

Apr 2010
Ejc said:
Aversa said:

This will be announced soon, as i've gathered on Twitter. Ep14-17 will be shown during screening events. It's only a question of when these events will be on.
So similar to Saki Achiga-hen - episode of side A the can come at any time.
just like OVA's.
Sep 29, 2012 11:21 AM
Aug 2012
SetsukoHara said:
I'm not too fond of the way this Iori stuff was resolved. They made a whole "frienship is magic" speech but in the end, her friends didn't do much to help her, she only needed to talk about it with her mother.

I think the first arc was way better than the others, and There was a bit too much forced dramas for me, but overall, this was an OK anime.

6/10

Iori problem isn't result yet. In Michi Random is where we get her good stuff, then there's the epilogue of the ED of this ep which is process in the 4th arc and last arc of this anime for this season for now. And the problem with arc is that it went to fast and skip details and such, but it's still a top anime for me.
Sep 29, 2012 11:32 AM

Aug 2011
SetsukoHara said:

6/10

Not trying to be offensive but-
Her friends didn't do much to help her?
They spent the whole arc in the abandoned building, where they took care of each other when they transformed into their younger selves. Also, if Taichi and Inaba weren't there at the first time Iori went there, what would have happened if she was seen in her baby form? The members of the Cultural Research Club were much more important than you may think. Just what part of her saying she's being saved by her friends not true?
Sep 29, 2012 11:35 AM

Mar 2012
I like how this arc ended with Iori's mom telling the dad off but this is probably the weakest arc out of the three, I thought. Can't wait for Michi Random, whenever it airs.
Sep 29, 2012 11:53 AM

Dec 2011
Iori's mum ftw :D
Awesome episode, as always, can't wait for another!
Sep 29, 2012 11:57 AM

Dec 2008
I am rather surprised at alot of the subpar grades for this. Sure it took a different direction from the original body swapping, but this is quite how the novel plays out so i am quite sure this is a good adaption of the original contents. Personally, I enjoyed this anime most this season compared to alot of the generic competition. You have people with their problems and instead of abandoning these problems they actually take the problems from every arc and push them to try and be resolved in the next one. This to me allows the character development and the understanding of these character's to be alot more natural. To me the first arc had TERRIBLE pacing issues which while the series was enjoyable the pacing leaved alot more to be desired. I still give this an 8/10
Sep 29, 2012 11:58 AM

Dec 2009
Weakest arc of the three - not a fan of how it ended. It's annoying how we have to now wait for the Heartseed crap to be explained (it just randomly stopped without explanation?).

7/10. It was okay. I got bored at a few parts and there was sometimes too much random drama.
Sep 29, 2012 12:00 PM

Aug 2011
D'aww, happy ending. It really seemed like a last episode, but I guess there's still one arc left.
Sep 29, 2012 12:05 PM

Sep 2012
I liked this episode, and thought it was a good way to end the arc. Iori finally opens up and lets her friends assist her in one of her personal problems. Some things weren't cleared up though, like why was Taichi of all people chosen to "watch over", how come Taichi didn't seem to have any problems when he became younger, and what the hell is going on with the heartseeds? I think at least the third question will be solved in the future though. Is the next episode coming out next week as usual?
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Sep 29, 2012 12:12 PM

Nov 2007
OGHelios said:
Is the next episode coming out next week as usual?

No. The Tokyo MX timetable explicitly stated that episode 13 is the final one for TV broadcast. Kokoro Connect is just like the Saki Achiga-Hen case. They will announce when the screenings for episodes 14-17 will occur, in the near future according to Twitter.
EjcSep 29, 2012 12:18 PM
Sep 29, 2012 12:20 PM

May 2012
Wait! This is the last episode?! At least for now?! Damn, I wasn't expecting that. Hopefully the final four episodes get released soon. For this to be the ending of this show seems kind of abrupt to me, mostly just because I wasn't expecting it. What was up with Iori at the end? Her little speech at the end of the episode seemed like it was foreshadowing something serious. I really feel like I need a greater sense of closure for this show. Man this sucks! I don't want this show to end now! Oh well, as of right now my rating is an 8/10, just because of the unexpected ending. If and when the final four episodes get released I may bump its score up to a 9/10.
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Sep 29, 2012 12:29 PM

Sep 2012
thesnnitro said:

Not trying to be offensive but-
Her friends didn't do much to help her?
They spent the whole arc in the abandoned building, where they took care of each other when they transformed into their younger selves. Also, if Taichi and Inaba weren't there at the first time Iori went there, what would have happened if she was seen in her baby form? The members of the Cultural Research Club were much more important than you may think. Just what part of her saying she's being saved by her friends not true?

Of course she needed their help when she transformed into her younger self. But I was exclusively talking about her personnal issue with her mother and her mother's lover. In the first arc, you could clearly see the connexion between the way they handled Heartseed's trolling and the way they handled their more personnal issue, one of my problem in this arc is that I don't see this connexion anymore.
Sep 29, 2012 12:29 PM
Jul 2012
lightXTC said:
This anime can be summed up in a couple of words: manufactured drama. I honestly don't understand why this is so popular.

Yeah it is somewhat dramatic to watch but its so fun watching the characters respond to that drama, and besides the series kinda mind fucks you a little bit don't you think
HostellordSep 29, 2012 12:33 PM
Sep 29, 2012 12:41 PM

Jul 2010
Now to play the waiting game to see the rest of the episodes...
Sep 29, 2012 12:49 PM

Dec 2009
I have a better way to sum up Kokoro Connect:

"Great ideas, poor execution."

Now, I wouldn't call Kokoro Connect a bad show, not at all, but it certainly had ideas that could've made it superb. But for it to work, these ideas would each have to be given much more episodes. In other words, they should've ignored the source material.

24 episodes of bodyswapping? Now THAT, if played right, would be great.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Sep 29, 2012 12:49 PM

Mar 2012
This was an excellent episode that served as a very satisfying conclusion to the third arc.

Inaba is easily my favorite character, but I really enjoyed the heightened focus on Iori throughout this episode, even though it only seemed to scratch the surface of her emotional scars. Iori's subtle moments of self-doubt that have been delicately placed throughout the narrative continued in this episode, what with all her verbalized regrets and implied failures in the past, culminating with Heartseed's rather tempting offer to allow her to correct these mistakes, and, even though it signified a bit of a rushed resolution, Inaba and Taichi taking Iori's hands was a nice moment, as it alluded to how strong their friendship continues to be. Her torments, of course, only seem slightly resolved, and it definitely appears as though she still has a plethora of hidden, painful emotions that have yet to be addressed and fully examined. Not to mention, the unresolved uncertainties concerning her true nature that still plague her. This vague, wavering dichotomy between the façade she wears for others and her actual self has always been exceptionally portrayed, deftly hinting at what is yet to come for her.

Her last line was especially illuminating, since it effectively foreshadows her gradual development, and this moment likely sets up what a portion of the next arc will focus on, particularly that of her love for Taichi. Of course, I'm not entirely certain that she ever strongly loved him in the first place, considering how she continually distanced herself from any real romantic development, portrayed particularly when she allowed Inaba to aggressively pursue a relationship with Taichi without any sort of protest. As such, her emotional connection towards Taichi appears to have potentially evolved into just another aspect of the false mask she constantly displays to others. Knowing all this, it seems a rather inevitable conclusion that the Taichi x Inaba pairing will eventually materialize. Of course, I think this is the best direction to take, since the Inaba x Taichi relationship has always been far more believable and interesting, consistently delivering one of the best elements of the show. They certainly have more realistic and satisfying chemistry than any he's been shown to have with Iori.

The adaptation of this arc, although a bit rushed at times, was quite faithful, never leaving out any significant developments. Of course, there were a few inner monologues missing along with several nice character interactions, but these exclusions weren't particularly essential in the first place. The pacing was a bit off occasionally, due to the lesser amount of time there was in which to tell this part of the story, but, thankfully, this never detracted from the overall experience.

Since there was no preview and there will likely be quite a bit of wait for the final arc:

All in all, Kokoro Connect continues to immensely exceed expectations and considerably satisfy with it’s direction, subtle character development, intriguing story, and the terrific manner in which it consistently balances the dramatic emotions with the occasional moments of levity. The blend of all these impressive qualities provide a compelling narrative that rarely ever falters in it's execution. I really can't wait for the fourth arc, since that is, by far, the best one yet, and it will provide a superbly satisfying conclusion to what has become one of the best shows of the year.
Lelouch22Sep 29, 2012 12:56 PM
Sep 29, 2012 12:50 PM

Jun 2009
LOL finally the love/relationship arc? haha
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Sep 29, 2012 12:50 PM

Nov 2009
Because of the viewer lash back from the producers jackass trolling of that seiyuu, they are holding these last episodes for the bluray. They're afraid they won't get any blueray sales because of the bad ratings they have been getting.

How selfishly stupid of them.
Fear is the mind killer.
Sep 29, 2012 12:53 PM

Dec 2009
iOopa said:
Because of the viewer lash back from the producers jackass trolling of that seiyuu, they are holding these last episodes for the bluray. They're afraid they won't get any blueray sales because of the bad ratings they have been getting.

How selfishly stupid of them.

It was actually decided before that. So, no.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Sep 29, 2012 12:53 PM

Sep 2012
No. The Tokyo MX timetable explicitly stated that episode 13 is the final one for TV broadcast. Kokoro Connect is just like the Saki Achiga-Hen case. They will announce when the screenings for episodes 14-17 will occur, in the near future according to Twitter.

Ahh damn this isn't what I was hoping for ;/. Well it looks like we'll have to be patient. I hope they release it soon. I just hope that this new season of anime is good to make the wait easier!
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Sep 29, 2012 12:55 PM

Mar 2010
Really good episode, the show has just been great so far. Can't wait for the remaining episodes, whenever we'll get them.
Sep 29, 2012 12:56 PM

Jul 2011
xjakku said:
Really good episode, the show has just been great so far. Can't wait for the remaining episodes, whenever we'll get them.
Sep 29, 2012 1:04 PM

Jul 2009
Lelouch22 said:

Since there was no preview and there will likely be quite a bit of wait for the final arc:

Thank you for all the subtle spoilers throughout the season. You provided further insight for each episode and made me continuously eager to watch the next.
Sep 29, 2012 1:12 PM

Sep 2012
It will be really really difficult to wait until they air the next episode.
Sep 29, 2012 1:20 PM

Jul 2012
Kickass mom! :D
O'Hai :D
Sep 29, 2012 1:21 PM

Mar 2012
Kurogashi said:
Lelouch22 said:

Thank you for all the subtle spoilers throughout the season. You provided further insight for each episode and made me continuously eager to watch the next.

You're welcome :)
Sep 29, 2012 1:24 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
If what many are saying is true and there's no chapter next week I might drop this. I'm starting to get fed up with all the crap the studios do in order to boost their BD sales. I might not bother with the last arc if I have to wait that long.

In any case, do not mess with Iori's mum. She's the voice of Major Motoko Kusanagi herself
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 29, 2012 1:31 PM

Mar 2012
this like felt an ending
but thas not possible cuz it haas 17 eps
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

369 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2012

212 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

230 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 2, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

193 by _untitled »»
Feb 19, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2012

294 by _untitled »»
Feb 17, 3:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.