Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 29, 2012 2:51 PM

Nov 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:

Also disliking only 3 episodes out of 13 gets a series a 5? I doubt it; which means you disliked the other episodes as well

5 =/ disliking a series. A 5 is neutral. 6 is decent, 7 is good. a 4 is bad, 1-2 is horrible.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Sep 29, 2012 2:52 PM

Dec 2010
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:
shanimebib said:

May be you guys have too much spare time

Pretty much.

Well aren't you lucky, that said aren't there other things you like to do with your time? or are you incapable of finding amusement outside of watching shows you clearly dislike.

I disliked the last 3 episodes, I never said anything about dislking all the episodes.

Its only 25mins per week, not including sleep I have around 100 hours of free time per week. What is 25mins compared to that?

Is it really 25 minutes tho? I mean how much time have you spent on the forums for this series....also while i haven't kept track i can still say with certainty that there are people waste even more time than you, i simply don't get it....

The time I spend on the forums have nothing to do with this.

I said I enjoyed some of the episodes, what is wrong with taking a risk?
I'm not the type to drop a series at the few episode(if its bad), so why would I drop a show that had a bunch of decent episodes followed by 2 horrible ones and 1 sligthly less horrible one(the last 1/3th of the episode was decent)?

Those who have more time than me sleep less than me.
I have decades upon decades of my life left, why would a measly 25mins per week have any affect on that?

Not trying to sound pessimistic but thats ignorant, you could die tomorrow or even today for all you know so that last statement is invalid, you can't guess how long you will live.

Also it does have to do with it; because your time on this forum is because of the series right? thus one could correctly say that your time on the forum is in relation to your time spent on SAO in general.
Sep 29, 2012 2:54 PM

Sep 2008
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

Also disliking only 3 episodes out of 13 gets a series a 5? I doubt it; which means you disliked the other episodes as well

5 =/ disliking a series. A 5 is neutral. 6 is decent, 7 is good. a 4 is bad, 1-2 is horrible.

Indeed.

This week's episode was actually one of the better ones, although on the grand scale I find it neutral. A1 needs to replace the writer, ugh.
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com

Aug 2011
wanna hear dat awesome new OP naooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 2009
Guys, some of you probably read the novel.
How many episodes does this anime have?
I'm pretty sure next one is the last one but i don't know
Sep 29, 2012 2:55 PM

Nov 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:

Not trying to sound pessimistic but thats ignorant, you could die tomorrow or even today for all you know so that last statement is invalid, you can't guess how long you will live.

I don't bother myself with such things, it would only make my life worse.

Also it does have to do with it; because your time on this forum is because of the series right? thus one could correctly say that your time on the forum is in relation to your time spent on SAO in general.

In that case, are you by any chance enjoying reply'ing to me?
If not, why are you replying to my posts? You clearly dislike my posts, why are you wasting your time on something you dislike?

Sep 29, 2012 2:55 PM

Oct 2011
This episode was amazingly adapted, it followed the LN faithfully and even surpassed it in certain scenes imo. Glad they kept the fishing mini story as it was somewhat needed in reminding anime viewers why Asuna loves Kirito so much. Next episode should be even more awesome if they do it right.

Sep 29, 2012 2:57 PM

Dec 2010
Melson said:

The anime has 25 episodes and the next episode should end the SAO arc; episode 15 should be sort of a link for lack of better words to the next arc which is ALO; that will last until the end of the series.
Sep 29, 2012 2:58 PM
Aug 2009
InfiniteDestiny said:
Melson said:

The anime has 25 episodes and the next episode should end the SAO arc; episode 15 should be sort of a link for lack of better words to the next arc which is ALO; that will last until the end of the series.

Thank you for the quick response
I was also wondering if they're going to change the title after that.
Sep 29, 2012 2:59 PM

Oct 2011
Melson said:

The anime will have 25 episodes. Next episode will probably end the SAO arc, but the story won't be finished because there will be other arcs after that.

Sep 29, 2012 2:59 PM

Dec 2010
rederoin said:
If not, why are you replying to my posts? You clearly dislike my posts, why are you wasting your time on something you dislike?

I don't dislike you disliking this show, i never cared either way, i never felt that you shouldn't dislike it either; you are entitled to your own opinion; but since this is a forum, a place to discuss opinions, i figured i would ask why you express your opinion as you do; because i believe as i said many times over that its pointless to watch something you hold no hope for; i can't imagine it being entertaining, which last time i checked was the purpose of anime to begin with.
Sep 29, 2012 3:00 PM

Feb 2008
HibiChouchou said:
shanimebib said:

I believe they're called hater, completionist, tsundere, masochist or whatever words you find it suits them. Like this guy:
Veronin said:
The fishing was completely pointless and the dramatic dialogue about growing old together and Asuna killing herself if Kirito dies was honestly just awful. Still, as much as I dislike this series I can admit that the last five minutes or so were actually pretty enjoyable. The soundtrack and level of animation were great but I have a feeling the next episode will ruin the impact of the fight through more deus ex machina and bullshit writing.

Dude, tell me the reason why do you even watch this show? By all means, why do you do something you don't even like? Don't talk about standard here since K-on! series are 9, 10 in your list who uses a rating scale of 5.

Uh, what the fuck does me liking K-ON have to do with my post or my dislike of SAO? I rated it highly because it's a fantastic anime, in stark contrast to the mess that is Sword Art Online - an anime that I and many others constantly voice valid complaints towards. I get that you're upset that I don't like your favorite anime but don't get all butthurt because somebody else doesn't feel the same way about it. Please and kindly grow up instead of resorting to personal attacks.
VeroninSep 29, 2012 3:24 PM
Sep 29, 2012 3:00 PM

Sep 2010
That's a stupid argument. he can waste his spare time as he likes, who are you to talk about others? Are you her mother? If you aren't it's a ridiculous argument.
Sep 29, 2012 3:01 PM

Dec 2010
Melson said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Melson said:

Thank you for the quick response
I was also wondering if they're going to change the title after that.

They won't change the title; the anime will still be called SAO, there is no need to change the title, after all its not like titles change just because there are multiple arcs :P, you just call the arc by its individual name and keep calling the series Sword Art Online.
Sep 29, 2012 3:02 PM

Nov 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:

I don't dislike you disliking this show, i never cared either way, i never felt that you shouldn't dislike it either; you are entitled to your own opinion; but since this is a forum, a place to discuss opinions, i figured i would ask why you express your opinion as you do; because i believe as i said many times over that its pointless to watch something you hold no hope for; i can't imagine it being entertaining, which last time i checked was the purpose of anime to begin with.

I never said I had no hope for this show, you should stop assuming things.

That aside, I also watch things like the room, so its not like its impossible to enjoy bad episodes.

Sep 29, 2012 3:02 PM

Dec 2010
War_lothar said:
That's a stupid argument. he can waste his spare time as he likes, who are you to talk about others? Are you his mother? If not it's a ridiculous argument.

What a predictable statement, but i'll answer your question anyway; its curiosity; so i'll ask this in return, who the heck are you to question what i'm curious about? People can be curious about anything and everything, its human nature, you people claim to have reasons for your hate and not be trolls, i'm wondering what that reason is, that is all.
Sep 29, 2012 3:03 PM
Mar 2008
Meh, the still frames during the fight are really pathetic.
Sep 29, 2012 3:04 PM

Dec 2010
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:

When one believes one thing and says another, assumptions based on what has been shown are to be expected; like i said i don't keep track, but i never seen you say anything good about the series; so i went based off what i saw, that is all
Sep 29, 2012 3:05 PM

Jan 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:

So much inception.

You guys never learn do you? That the word like and dislike exist for a reason. I don't see the point with this whole page, yup, I've read it, it's useless to the discussion.

Dec 2010
draker said:

Budget limitations suck; thats the only reason i can guess they did it like that.

Sep 2008
Veronin said:
etc.

Time for popcorn.../a/ style.
NV2301Sep 29, 2012 3:27 PM

Sep 29, 2012 3:06 PM

Nov 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:

When one believes one thing and says another, assumptions based on what has been shown are to be expected; like i said i don't keep track, but i never seen you say anything good about the series; so i went based off what i saw, that is all

Then don't assume things like that, don't assume people have no hope for a series if they never said such a thing.

Doing stuff like that makes you sound like a frustrated SAO fanboy.

Sep 29, 2012 3:07 PM

Nov 2011
Niyawa said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:

So much inception.

You guys never learn do you? That the word like and dislike exist for a reason. I don't see the point with this whole page, yup, I've read it, it's useless to the discussion.

I understand why people like this show, I don't understand why everybody is so bothered by some people disliking a few episodes.

Sep 29, 2012 3:08 PM

Jul 2012
Veronin said:
HibiChouchou said:
shanimebib said:

I believe they're called hater, completionist, tsundere, masochist or whatever words you find it suits them. Like this guy:
Veronin said:
The fishing was completely pointless and the dramatic dialogue about growing old together and Asuna killing herself if Kirito dies was honestly just awful. Still, as much as I dislike this series I can admit that the last five minutes or so were actually pretty enjoyable. The soundtrack and level of animation were great but I have a feeling the next episode will ruin the impact of the fight through more deus ex machina and bullshit writing.

Dude, tell me the reason why do you even watch this show? By all means, why do you do something you don't even like? Don't talk about standard here since K-on! series are 9, 10 in your list who uses a rating scale of 5.

Uh, what the fuck does me liking K-ON have to do with my post or my dislike of SAO? I rated it highly because it's a fantastic anime, in stark contrast to the mess that is Sword Art Online - an anime that I constantly voice valid complaints towards. I get that you're upset that I don't like your favorite anime but don't get all butthurt because somebody else doesn't feel the same way about it. Grow up, kid.

I agree that SAO is a mess. Actually, it's a pretty big mess. It rushed the anime with like one or two chapters per episode. Half of it, you wouldn't even know the details of what happened except for like one slide. It kind of pisses me off because I had high hopes for the anime since the Light Novel was good. I nearly dropped the anime, but with my poor imagination skills, I continued because I can't picture what they do as I read. I honestly would recommend to just READ it instead of watching it because it's more detailed and not as rushed. For your opinion on K-on, I, myself, wouldn't say it's a "great" anime but it is good. There's nothing wrong with liking it and I would give it an 8 or 7 because it didn't really do much with music. It was mostly filled with laughter, school work and the sort.

Sep 2008
Favorite episode so far, can't wait for the next.

Dec 2010
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:

Then don't assume things like that, don't assume people have no hope for a series if they never said such a thing.

Doing stuff like that makes you sound like a frustrated SAO fanboy.

Well my bad; but you should understand that even if doesn't apply to you, you can at least see that it applies to others, or you going deny that people which say things like its "fun to hate" don't exist? There are plenty of people that don't care for this series yet watch it anyway; people like me wonder why, and the reason we care in the first place? is because the one line insults are an eye sore; i rather hear someone call this a pathetic series, etc etc and at least give their opinion as to why then to give the sarcastic one line remarks that often show on this forum.

Jul 2009
Awesome episode! Can't wait for more.
Sep 29, 2012 3:12 PM

Apr 2012
Just as ssjokg predicted. It's a fishing episode.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Sep 29, 2012 3:13 PM

Dec 2010
BloodRequiem said:
Just as ssjokg predicted. It's a fishing episode.

Well the preview indicated as much; but at least it didn't last the whole episode
Sep 29, 2012 3:13 PM

Mar 2011
draker said:

Indeed, this anime probably had a huge budget and despite of that they didnt even manage to get the fighting animations right.
Sep 29, 2012 3:14 PM

Apr 2012
Veronin said:

For once I actually agree with Komeiji. I'll go commit suicide now.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.

May 2010
Last few minutes of the episode, I was on the edge of my chair! :O
Dam cliffhanger! D:

Overall, I really enjoyed this episode.
The whole fishing thing was hilarious. XD

Then BAM! Throw in some more epicness! :D

10/5
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"

Feb 2008
ThanatosPersona said:
I agree that SAO is a mess. Actually, it's a pretty big mess. It rushed the anime with like one or two chapters per episode. Half of it, you wouldn't even know the details of what happened except for like one slide. It kind of pisses me off because I had high hopes for the anime since the Light Novel was good. I nearly dropped the anime, but with my poor imagination skills, I continued because I can't picture what they do as I read. I honestly would recommend to just READ it instead of watching it because it's more detailed and not as rushed. For your opinion on K-on, I, myself, wouldn't say it's a "great" anime but it is good. There's nothing wrong with liking it and I would give it an 8 or 7 because it didn't really do much with music. It was mostly filled with laughter, school work and the sort.

I can agree that SAO definitely had potential and that there are some things that stand out in a positive light (such as the animation, soundtrack, and setting) but it's true that it's not only a poor anime but a weak adaptation as well. I haven't read the novels very far but from all reports the anime is a huge disappointment and very lackluster by comparison.

As for K-ON, it's really not a 10/10 but I gave it that rating since it's a personal favorite of mine. Speaking strictly in terms of its inherent quality, it's probably more of an 8. Still, I think it's absolutely ridiculous that somebody would bring up my list ratings into an argument like this which wasn't relevant in the slightest. It was essentially a personal attack, so that explains my anger in response.
Sep 29, 2012 3:15 PM
Jul 2012
excellent, but not the cliff hanger I had expected
barilSep 29, 2012 3:22 PM
Sep 29, 2012 3:16 PM

Sep 2010
InfiniteDestiny said:
War_lothar said:
That's a stupid argument. he can waste his spare time as he likes, who are you to talk about others? Are you his mother? If not it's a ridiculous argument.

What a predictable statement, but i'll answer your question anyway; its curiosity; so i'll ask this in return, who the heck are you to question what i'm curious about? People can be curious about anything and everything, its human nature, you people claim to have reasons for your hate and not be trolls, i'm wondering what that reason is, that is all.

You don't need to explain about your daily life to someone in aforum in mal, if he is curious or not it doesnt matter. It's going on being a ridiculous argument. You are talking how the trolls who always saying to get a real life in a game or a forum.

About the reason, I dislike the animated series, but i read the first novel. I was watching the aincrad arc because i wanted to watch it in an animated series, but they are mixing other novels with boring side storys. The novel was so so, but the anime is bad. I was going to drop the series in chapter 12, but i decided going on the series at least to the aincrad arc. 13 was not so bad.
War_lotharSep 29, 2012 3:19 PM
Sep 29, 2012 3:17 PM

Sep 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:

Well my bad; but you should understand that even if doesn't apply to you, you can at least see that it applies to others, or you going deny that people which say things like its "fun to hate" don't exist? There are plenty of people that don't care for this series yet watch it anyway; people like me wonder why, and the reason we care in the first place? is because the one line insults are an eye sore; i rather hear someone call this a pathetic series, etc etc and at least give their opinion as to why then to give the sarcastic one line remarks that often show on this forum.

Those sarcastic one line remarks are the reasons why I go to this subforum.
Sep 29, 2012 3:17 PM

Dec 2010
baril said:

That would have been way to crammed, while it would be a great cliffhanger they would have needed to

Sep 29, 2012 3:19 PM

Nov 2007
InfiniteDestiny said:
baril said:

That would have been way to crammed, while it would be a great cliffhanger they would have needed to

But isn't the title of the next episode is practically the spoiler itself?
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Sep 29, 2012 3:21 PM

Jan 2011
BloodRequiem said:

For once I actually agree with Komeiji. I'll go commit suicide now.

Why? I don't see the reason to kill yourself for agreeing with someone.

Veronin said:

As for K-ON, it's really not a 10/10 but I gave it that rating since it's a personal favorite of mine. Speaking strictly in terms of its inherent quality, it's probably more of an 8. Still, I think it's absolutely ridiculous that somebody would bring up my list ratings into an argument like this which wasn't relevant in the slightest. It was essentially a personal attack, so that explains my anger in response.

K-ON! is a Slice of Life anime, every action/adventurer fan, usually SAO ones keep it as useless moeblob, but they don't even know what the show was supposed to be and expect deep and utterly hilarious plots in every anime of sort. It's sad.
Sep 29, 2012 3:22 PM

Sep 2011
X10A_Freedom said:
Veronin said:
etc.

Time for popcorn.

Can I join w/ the popcorn? Though I believe this is attacking a user, so I'll cross this link out.
TyrelSep 29, 2012 3:26 PM
Sep 29, 2012 3:26 PM

Dec 2010
shanimebib said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
baril said:

Well episode 15 title is even more of a spoiler; it is what it is i guess
Sep 29, 2012 3:28 PM

Jan 2008
InfiniteDestiny said:
shanimebib said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
baril said:

Every title is a spoiler. They might as well change the episode title to the light novel volume and chapter number.
Sep 29, 2012 3:31 PM

Dec 2010
Paul said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
shanimebib said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
baril said:

Every title is a spoiler. They might as well change the episode title to the light novel volume and chapter number.

I would say that is exaggerating...How is Black Swordsman, or Warmth of Heart and such spoilers? I mean that is like saying every title to every anime episode is a spoiler; titles are suppose to give some indication of what the episode is about, but i can hardly call that a spoiler; only some cases are titles to blunt, like episode 15 being called

Sep 29, 2012 3:33 PM

Nov 2007
Paul said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
shanimebib said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
baril said:

Haha. Nicely said. But even so,
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Sep 29, 2012 3:34 PM

Sep 2011
As for Asuna and Kirito sex, I'm sure they did it way back after that one dude tried to kill Kirito. that is of screen of course

As for this ep, the fishing thing was fun to see animated and the next half built everything up nicely. I really love seeing Asuna and Kirito as a couple, makes me want to find that special someone myself (too bad life's a bitch and that'll probably never happen)

All I want to see now though is what happens next week because if they handle it right then...

Sep 29, 2012 3:34 PM
Mar 2011
reading some of the posts here, but it seems like people hate the anime because of poor adaptation from LN/manga (whatever). obviously, ive only seen the anime and im liking it so far. i think anime/manga/LN needs to be separated and be looked at at different expectations. [insert pretentious people who says "well the book is much better" when you mention the movie]
"....i am the villain in this story"
Sep 29, 2012 3:36 PM

Sep 2008
Tyrel said:
Can I join w/ the popcorn? Though I believe this is attacking a user, so I'll cross this link out.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm friends with Veronin and that was perhaps, too much of an inside joke.

Sep 29, 2012 3:36 PM

Jan 2008
InfiniteDestiny said:
Paul said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
shanimebib said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
baril said:

I would say that is exaggerating...How is Black Swordsman, or Warmth of Heart and such spoilers? I mean that is like saying every title to every anime episode is a spoiler; titles are suppose to give some indication of what the episode is about, but i can hardly call that a spoiler; only some cases are titles to blunt, like episode 15 being called

Every title is a spoiler for the light novel readers. There, and we all know how SAO light novel readers love talking about future spoilers in discussion threads. /has done it several times.
Sep 29, 2012 3:38 PM

Feb 2011
Dude , no shit ! I was missing some SAO action xD
Sep 29, 2012 3:39 PM

Dec 2010
Paul said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Paul said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
shanimebib said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
baril said:

Every title is a spoiler for the light novel readers. There, and we all know how SAO light novel readers love talking about future spoilers in discussion threads. /has done it several times.

Lol fair enough; tho i would say all forums have spoilers; thats why people should always be wary, that said tho i will admit that this forum has a lot of spoilers which would be bothersome if i didn't read the LN; Fate/Zero was also spoiler heavy if i remember correctly.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Yesterday, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.