Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 29, 2012 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

O, the fishing episode with more Asuna x Kirito moments. I have to say though, that hat and clothes don't match her well. That music matched pretty well during her fight scene though.

It's great to see Klein btw! Anyways, nice fight scenes at the end there and dat cliffhanger. Sort of.

Stark700Sep 29, 2012 2:53 PM
Sep 29, 2012 8:25 AM

Nov 2007
Spending relaxing time with that middle aged man (when did they married already? That uncle calling the girl as Kirito's wife). Talking about that place is the only hard-leveled place to fish around there, taking care of fish looking monster etc.. But it's time for vacation to end. Nice talk about how the girl though Kirito as important person to her before leaving.

There is another hard dungeon that might cost life... Skull Reaper. Kirito's friends are also attending! Not sure if the double skill (Kirito's twin swords and the girl's sword) would hit it at the end...
tsubasaloverSep 29, 2012 8:59 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 29, 2012 8:28 AM

Mar 2012
tsubasalover said:

OP and ED probably going to changed next ep.?

It'll probably change at Ep 15.
Sep 29, 2012 8:34 AM

Feb 2009
Both posted when the ED started playing.

Fishing. Could have gone without it but doesn't matter. Good thing they kept that talk of Asuna before they left for the frontlines again. And they also kept them worrying about their bodies.
Though that was a weird place and time to end the episode. I thought it would end a little further ahead. The battle was suspenseful at least despite some still shots. Bodies flying everywhere. Truly the depths of hell.
Next week is the big week. Should be great, though I can already see people flipping their computers after that.

inb4 wtf filler first half
inb4 drama.
inb4 Kirito is too OP.
inb4 boss is too easy.
inb4 nothing happened
inb4 complaints.
Sep 29, 2012 8:37 AM

Nov 2007
KaiKatsuya said:
tsubasalover said:

OP and ED probably going to changed next ep.?

It'll probably change at Ep 15.

Ok.
belatkuro said:

Sorry...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 29, 2012 8:38 AM
Mar 2010
tsubasalover said:
Spending relaxing time with that uncle (when did they married already? That uncle calling the girl as Kirito's wife)..

They got married at the end of episode ten. Remember the rings they highlighted near the start of episode 11? It may just be in game, but the old man doesn't know that, and isn't going to ask about whether that holds for the real world. As such, they're married, living together, so as far as he's concerned, it's proper to call Asuna Kirito's wife.
Sep 29, 2012 8:54 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode really mixed in nicely Asuna x Kirito sexually charged up moment in the following,

Along with good times of them during the fishing. I really liked Asuna’s faces that were blushing during that time.

About Asuna x Kirito moments, the most daring was the bed scene in the spoiler
I loved how it went straight to the point of passion itself. The flames of lust run high in that part.

The second moment was at the table in the spoiler
the hugging and emotions ran much more higher than its lust in the previous part. That was a nice change of pace along with romance being implied very well.

The last part is a bit of cock-teaser in one’s ear in the spoiler
when Asuna goes about to Kirito before the BOSS fight. I think it’s rather a good inducer to hormonallize the male-hood of Kirito in the fight. Adrenaline pumping. If you recall of the table part, Kirito was damn well depressed there.

About the fan service, kind want to make one thing clear in the spoiler
SAO now is SAOWP (As in Sword Art Online With Panties) the black out is obvious and Yui last episode…..ROFL I see most people missed out on a point of hers. Might put it up in #12 thread later on. There was some hints of service of Yui despite the poster in the spoiler
Being the most obvious but in the anime it was there. Might share if I have time. Suffice to say I have no problems with it but am trying to keep up with my promise. That of showing ecchi gimmicks and simply revealing them around.

About the start, the beginning in the spoiler
was not only great towards intros of the old man but it gave out some good facials of his. I really ROFL badly at his faces despite being freaky.

While it shifts towards a more home aspect in the spoiler
it is to remark that the old man turns quickly from being freaky to MOE at a rather fast pace! However I got much more infatuated with Asuna’s faces being MOE and blushing. Her smile was great there.

About the fishing in general, one of the first things to remark upon the start of the competition is Asuna’s new getup in the spoiler
along with how Kirito took it upon as he tried the fishing in the first place. His expressions were quite exaggerated and that’s what made the comedy in the first place. However what really got Asuna fans going is how she took down the sudden nasty fish that surged out. That of her pose in particular. It’s quite a nice Guard Stance of aggression to kill out that fish before its ugliness could even touch Kirito’s body. In regards to that Asuna is quite motivated during that part or letting nothing touch Kirito even as silly as a ugly fish did. Asuna’s face after her success was utmost of OVER 9000 MOE once again.

About the fishing aftermath, 2 parts were nice to point in many of their segments within them. First one in the spoiler
was simply great in terms of Asuna’s getting Kirito but mostly her conversation with the old man. It gave out some nice past flashbacks of her, which served as a nice reminder.

The second part in the spoiler
made out even more MOE OVER 9000 levels of facials from Asuna along with great emotions from her. The parting to that effect was a little dramatic. Well done and not too over the top.

About the preparations before the fight, once again 2 parts noteworthy. First one in the spoiler
is mainly a come back to HQ. What was interesting of it is the speech, seeing Heathcliff but more of all new faces and members around the table. KING ARTHUR STYLE! YES? IMO it looked like it.

The second part would be the meeting with Klein and Agil in the spoiler
NICE TO SEE YOU! Once again really good to see those 2 around and I notice the short kid is alive too there from the Dragon something guild. I have to admit the emotions ran high from meeting all again along with how it goes in the spoiler
to enter and PEPPING UP! It’s like all are juiced up and ready to go. They should for the monster was a total hell shit.

About the fight, call me crazy but I think Heathcliff was KICKASS in the spoiler
but much more in situations such as the following,

Man is A TANK! HARD TANK SHIT! It’s amazing really. ++++ The plus has 5 bars now? WTF difficulty up man!

The fight at first in the spoiler
was impressive in how the reactions of fear from Asuna to Klein gave out along with the visuals of the beast being a Hell Spawn of utmost disgust and fear. Thing is a Bone Reaper of rather dangerous proportions as many were sent knock-back.

Agil and Klein in the spoiler
were superb despite not being as kick-ass as Heathcliff was himself. Agil's barbaric scremas were great and Klein's facials expressions were superb!

Finally ASUNA x Kirito love fight in the spoiler
totally KICKASS! The moves and harmony of them along with their RAGE piled up nicely together in a great flow. The SFX with the lights were quite spectacular along with the BGM.

Still fight was amazing as usually and before the sexed up romance was nice too. The monster was though of as a reference:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2033/1348932475254_zps7e22597f.gif
That being said it was a nice balanced out episode that I liked.

BTW End Art in the spoiler
fits nicely to show a sexy Asuna for viewers.

There is a new sexy art in the spoiler
going on of Asuna and another girl.

There is also a joke (NSFW):
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2033/1348931293297_zps1ced02e0.jpg
Going of Yui but it seems a little in bad taste being ecchi. But anyhow it’s comedic after seeing the sexed up scene of Asuna x Kirito.

GIFs with signature and avatars with nor oder this time are done in the club:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=498163
All is there for anyone who liked that parts and wants to use it.
Yumekichi11Sep 29, 2012 5:26 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 29, 2012 9:11 AM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:

Fishing. Could have gone without it but doesn't matter. Good thing they kept that talk of Asuna before they left for the frontlines again. And they also kept them worrying about their bodies.
Though that was a weird place and time to end the episode. I thought it would end a little further ahead. The battle was suspenseful at least despite some still shots. Bodies flying everywhere. Truly the depths of hell.
Next week is the big week. Should be great, though I can already see people flipping their computers after that.

inb4 wtf filler first half
inb4 drama.
inb4 Kirito is too OP.
inb4 boss is too easy.
inb4 nothing happened
inb4 complaints.

Stop you are killing me with the inb4 XDXDXDXD

Glad that they didnt left everything for the next ep
Sep 29, 2012 9:22 AM

Dec 2010
ssjokg said:
Glad that they didnt left everything for the next ep

It should be way more manageable like this; so it is indeed good that they didn't squeeze it all in for next episode and instead spaced it out like they did.
Sep 29, 2012 9:45 AM

Feb 2008
Sort of disappointed at what I expected to be one of the best episodes of the series turned out to be nothing more than just mere hype. Judging for what the episode tries to do, however, it wasn't too bad.

In fact it's one of the better episodes in the series easily because of the character revelations. We get a lot of insight into the deep psychological workings and breakdown of both Kirito and Asuna and it's very interesting. Having said that though, the manner in which this comes about is meaningless and uninteresting. Delegation a large chunk of the episode for meaningless events just so they can get out of the way shows the show's inherent flaw of trying to get the audience to the important aspects of the narrative.

While the focus is very much on the development of Kirito and Asuna and how their relationship truly works, the audience will most likely be enticed by the latter parts of the episode but the studio for some reason still decides to use stillshots for fighting rather than actually animating. having said that it was still very cool but ends abruptly making it feel like a major tease. I will note that the use of CG isn't too terrible since it gets acrosss the organic creepy movement.

Not a terrible episode but by no means the best.
Sep 29, 2012 9:53 AM

Aug 2011
Finally an enjoyable episode, better than the last few that's for sure.
I don't understand why they didn't make SAO all 25 episodes for Aincrad, wasted potential. I don't see how they'll fit ALO into 10 episodes-ish.
Sep 29, 2012 10:00 AM

Feb 2008
Awaki said:
Finally an enjoyable episode, better than the last few that's for sure.
I don't understand why they didn't make SAO all 25 episodes for Aincrad, wasted potential. I don't see how they'll fit ALO into 10 episodes-ish.

Because that would be horribly paced.
Sep 29, 2012 10:06 AM

Dec 2010
Awaki said:

Sigh...i don't know if you read LN in general but let me break it you; it is nearly impossible to make 25 episodes out of 2 volumes; it would be beyond dragged out.

As for ALO; its because the content itself is shorter; a lot of the parts in ALO won't take long to animate, and the volumes (3 and 4) themselves are shorter than 1 and 2; and that isn't even counting Aria since the anime pretty much butchered Aria's adaption.
Sep 29, 2012 10:18 AM

Aug 2009
InfiniteDestiny said:
Awaki said:

Sigh...i don't know if you read LN in general but let me break it you; it is nearly impossible to make 25 episodes out of 2 volumes; it would be beyond dragged out.

As for ALO; its because the content itself is shorter; a lot of the parts in ALO won't take long to animate, and the volumes (3 and 4) themselves are shorter than 1 and 2; and that isn't even counting Aria since the anime pretty much butchered Aria's adaption.

there's also the murder case from Vol 8
Sep 29, 2012 10:56 AM

Mar 2012
ssjokg said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Awaki said:

They could fit them both perfectly in a 3-cour series -q
Sep 29, 2012 11:00 AM

Dec 2010
KaiKatsuya said:
ssjokg said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Awaki said:

They could fit them both perfectly in a 3-cour series -q

I think that would be to long already...people can complain that it is rushed, and i won't argue that because it is indeed true; however at best it would only need a few episodes to fix it up; like 1 more episode for Aria, 1 more episode for the Black Cats, things like that; ALO should fit in just fine; if you really think about it not all that much happens in ALO, there aren't any SS either.
Sep 29, 2012 11:19 AM

Sep 2011
They decide to add a little of the fight before the end that its not a bad idea since 2 episodes to fill what is left could be very hard.

Glad that at least they kept Asuna thoughts and some of the fishing.

The meeting with the Grim reaper was pretty nice done,loved the team work between Kirito-Asuna-Heathcliff was pretty cool but my favorite was the combo attack between Kirito and Asuna!

Pretty nice!!

Well next episode its going to be epic in many ways i cant wait!!!

Btw cute Asuna its cute!!

GIFs and more on the club!!http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=498289&show=0#post1
raxius1230Sep 29, 2012 10:13 PM
Sep 29, 2012 11:36 AM

Aug 2012
Very nice episode :p thought they were going to skip the fishing part, asuna and kirito moment that someone posted above was nice too :)
Sep 29, 2012 11:39 AM

Jul 2010
That's some boss they're up against.
Sep 29, 2012 11:47 AM

Feb 2008
I actually believed the fishing part would be in the next episode after Yui, it will be too weird to just end with this SAO arc.

I want to see Suguha, she is adorable. :D

Asuna need to be saved!

Sugou = Hated

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 29, 2012 12:14 PM

Apr 2011
So they finally had sex........why do I feel so NTR'd right now?
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Sep 29, 2012 12:18 PM

Mar 2012
BossLuffy said:

Time to get another waifu.
Sep 29, 2012 12:18 PM

Apr 2011
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2033/1348932267969_zps69a54b94.jpg

Asuna Delicious Pantsu?

*DEAD*

P.S. Overall pretty boring episode 3/5 (add another point for Asuna service!)
Meruru_ArlsSep 29, 2012 3:54 PM
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Sep 29, 2012 12:25 PM

Jun 2011
So here's the fishing arc... = =|
It lasted for less than 15min... Really? I was waiting for the old guy the say the reason that he entered SAO. But NOTHING. Sigh.
It's good that they are covering all the plot, but the character settings are completely broken. BROKEN.
Sep 29, 2012 12:25 PM

Jul 2012
ahhh episode ended so abruptly
Sep 29, 2012 12:36 PM

Aug 2011

Me during the first half. With the exception of that weird tumour thing on his cheek.
Sep 29, 2012 12:38 PM
Mar 2010
Neotona said:
i know this is a silly question, did they really had sex? im watching this anime with my cousin, 12 yrs old, but i dont know if I will let her watch this episode. is it on the first part of the ep? how long was it?

They had sex back in episode ten. The only thing this episode does different is that they're finally wiling to depict Kirito and Asuna under the covers together, wearing their night clothes.

In other words all it shows is them going to sleep in the same bed.
Sep 29, 2012 12:40 PM
Sep 2012
Neotona said:
i know this is a silly question, did they really had sex? im watching this anime with my cousin, 12 yrs old, but i dont know if I will let her watch this episode. is it on the first part of the ep? how long was it?

There really isnt anything extreme in it. I guess implying stuff, but nothing else, fanservice is there in like a few instances I think, but otherwise it's fine.

As for the episode.. finally the explanations for some of the major things.
Sep 29, 2012 12:42 PM
Oct 2010
damnthis ep was winnnnnnn. they cut that fish story short i think. seems like theyll incorporate ALO. damn its getting so aweesome
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Sep 29, 2012 12:43 PM

Sep 2010
My apologies to sao, it was'nt so bad series. That's because i watched kuroko, thats the most generic sports anime that I watched for a long time, too and i watched more than hundred of them, i couldn't stand more than five episodes. Kuroko has a high absurd rank too and i stood sao for 13 episodes, at least is good to troll sao, kuroko is only good to yaoi jokes.
Sep 29, 2012 12:44 PM
Jul 2012
Next time on Sword Art Online: Flip the damn table.
Sep 29, 2012 12:46 PM

Oct 2011
Shit's about to hit the fan next episode, wonder if it'll span only one episode or stretch it out to make 2.
Sep 29, 2012 12:50 PM
Aug 2012
Holy shit. I cannot wait until next week, this is probably one of my favorite episodes of the series.
Oct 2008
Hmm.. This series just doesn't excite me the same as it did in the few first episodes...

Jul 2012
Neotona said:
@GrayArchon, @Pipoko, i see. thanks for explaining it. the bedtime part, is it around 05:00? or half like 15:00?

dude don't worry about it. you can watch the whole episode with your 12 year old it's not bad
Sep 29, 2012 12:53 PM

Dec 2011
This is the thing that I have been looking for!
Ganging up against the boss!
Finally!

The fight scenes are awesome! Though I think it would have been better if they animated the whole fight on this episode... not half.

I hated the fact that Kirito got his will weaken because of his love for Asuna... but Asuna picked him up again. That was some character development there.

Can't wait to see how will they defeat this overpowered monster. They barely dealt damage. I think the only people that would be alive after they defeat it is Kirito, Asuna, Klein, Egil and Heathcliff respectively.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2012 12:59 PM

Sep 2012
Fiji said:
This is the thing that I have been looking for!
Ganging up against the boss!
Finally!

The fight scenes are awesome! Though I think it would have been better if they animated the whole fight on this episode... not half.

I hated the fact that Kirito got his will weaken because of his love for Asuna... but Asuna picked him up again. That was some character development there.

Can't wait to see how will they defeat this overpowered monster. They barely dealt damage. I think the only people that would be alive after they defeat it is Kirito, Asuna, Klein, Egil and Heathcliff respectively.

100% what I thought. Badass boss btw, OHKOing players is kinda harsh but they will have to deal with it ._.

Can't wait for the next episode.
Sep 29, 2012 1:00 PM

Jun 2011
This episode was just too damn good. So good Soo GOOD!!!
It had everything, action, romance, comedy, despair and a ray of hope.
just perfect!
Sep 29, 2012 1:01 PM

Apr 2008
Got a very bad feeling about the next ep, with the title "End of the World. :S
Can't be a good thing.
Asuna's death maybe? :S
-

BossLuffy said:

They had sex some episodes ago.
When Asuna undressed, that was the first time.

Sep 29, 2012 1:06 PM

Jun 2012
One thing that's been bothering me is that no one has been acknowledging Kirito and Asuna got married besides Heathcliff. Since Asuna is a known "celebrity" of sorts, I kinda expected someone at the fishing village to say something or even Klein since he was flustered over her a couple of episodes ago.

This episode I enjoyed A LOT better than any of the Yui arc episodes the past couple of weeks. It kinda seemed like they glossed over the fishing part though to get to the epic battle in the second half of the episode.I really liked the Kirito/Asuna moments this episode, the dialogue wasn't cheesy as I've seen in the past episodes. When they were talking together, it felt natural and I sympathized for them.

The facial experessions in this episode were great too.Kirito surprised at the fish and Asuna in bed were my favorites
Jan 2010
LOL I think I prefer the fishing segment from the anime more than the light novel xDD
Next Saturday is going to be great: SAO+new anime :DD
Oct 2011
enjoyed the episode. especially the panties
Sep 29, 2012 1:09 PM

May 2012
wtf.. i thought its gonna be boring ep.. but after the fishing theres some action.. cant wait for next ep..

Sep 29, 2012 1:11 PM

Dec 2009
Well after episode 10 I was already kinda expecting something like this. Great job for the episode. :)
Sep 29, 2012 1:14 PM

Aug 2012
I didn't care much for the fishing, it was nice. but man that boss battle was amazing left me on the edge of my seat, :( gotta wait a whole week to see the rest of it. such torture. But I got a feeling something bad will happen next episode.

Sep 2012
I don't like this anime, but this was surprisingly a good episode, the best of this serie so far.

Oct 2010
BossLuffy said:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2033/1348932267969_zps69a54b94.jpg

Asuna Delicious Pantsu?

*DEAD*

P.S. Overall pretty boring episode 3/5 (add another point for Asuna service!)
YOU GOT IT MAN! THAT'S RIGHT! I am just keeping my promise. Nothing but nothing but to show any ecchi gimmicks whatever it may be.

Besides the best way to know if it's censored is look at Kono Naka and the BD comparing. Kannagi's blacked out stuff turned out to be white panties and TBH I would not be surprised if the same of Asuna on the BDs considering it's most likely the same ones back a few episodes ago.
Neotona said:
There is nothing explicit so it's OK> If your cousin thinks that and it's simply your cousing caught upon the implying but it not being shown makes it perfectly safe. That being said SAO would not do anything harsh such as Dakara that's for sure. The age of this is like 12~16 on average with the teens of this series. Just saying.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 29, 2012 1:15 PM

Dec 2009
That boss is so rigged, they needa patch up the game and nerf him :p
Sep 29, 2012 1:15 PM

Jul 2012
All the Kirito X Asuna moments, HHHNNNGGGGGGG! I'm a sucker for this kinda stuff.

Dat ending.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Sep 29, 2012 1:16 PM

Dec 2010
Hybridbloodszak said:
One thing that's been bothering me is that no one has been acknowledging Kirito and Asuna got married besides Heathcliff. Since Asuna is a known "celebrity" of sorts, I kinda expected someone at the fishing village to say something or even Klein since he was flustered over her a couple of episodes ago.

You should realized that while not for a long time they have been married for a while so the others already had their reactions; i mean they are all on each others friend lists, so its not like its that hard to send a message that they got married right? besides that in the LN they did show Lisbeths reaction and such, they just can't animate everything; little stuff like that should be expected to be left out. If anything its logical that only Heathcliff would acknowledge it since he is the last person they would run to tell, don't you think?

Also the fishing village is a lower level, she is a frontline player; its only to be expected that lower levels don't know as much; after all in that one episode against the noob criminal guild; they didn't recognize Kirito right away, it took them a while, that wouldn't have happened on the frontlines; such news takes longer to travel to lower floors, so even if a player is popular it doesn't reach all of SAO.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

59 by SaveStyle »»
Yesterday, 10:18 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

67 by TwigzLIVE »»
Yesterday, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

163 by SignsOfSuicide »»
Apr 14, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

734 by Lionwing »»
Apr 7, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

948 by Reshiram_IX »»
Apr 2, 4:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.