Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 30, 2012 10:18 AM

Jun 2011
Awesome episode.

Leo look so cute in the picnic outfit and when she was sleeping.

Cou was soooooooo cute when she was bathing with Cinque and when she tried to shake the water off after Cinque washed off the shampoo.

Mihili was cute too when she hugged Cinque on the bed.

Rebecca stole the show for me. She looks so beautiful with her hair down and in that clothes. So mature looking and i love how she turned all red when Cinque finally called her "Rebecca".

I totally cried when the ED started playing and seeing everyone still having fun while i was constantly saying "season 3, season 3!". The episode lacked Rico though, i wanted to hear Nana's cute voice although Nanami is voice by her but she uses different tone voicing the two.

Season 3 seems possible since we still havent gotten out Adele and Demon king backstory.

Hope season 3 come soon as Dog Days is just such a relaxing and fun show. The whole concept is good along with the magical land setting and the cute furries. Every episode was great and even though there was no plot, it didnt ruin how fun it was to watch it just like the 1st season. I dont ever want Dog Days to end.

Overall 10/10 for me. Anxiously awaiting season 3, please producers make it quick.
Sep 30, 2012 10:35 AM

Jul 2010
A great sequel to the first season even though the first season had some elements of drama in it too. This season was even more rainbows and unicorns. :P

I wouldn't be surprised if there'll be a season three. It would be nice to see the Flonyard people on Earth too! 8/10.

Sep 30, 2012 10:40 AM

May 2011
Hmm great last episode! 5/5 for the episode and overall 9/10 for the series.

Well the art and the animation certainly improved alittle bit compared to the previous series. They added in more character to the already huge cast but i'm surprised by how well they managed to balance the showtime well. Yui horie's singing is great as usual, the introduction of rebecca into the second season is a pure win decision. Aside for the weird transformation scene the rest of the becky screen-time is pure gold. The season was a little bit mellow and lack of plot but they nicely make it up with the heart warming and light hearted slice of life type of show.

The only thing i didnt like is how nanami and becky easily overpowered cinque in this season, it wouldve been better if cinque shined a little more. Thats only my opinion though.

Anyway hopefully there'll be a 3rd season, i dont mind another plotless season like this. Its fun to watch anime's like this once in awhile :D

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 30, 2012 11:17 AM
May 2012
S2 felt like S1 but with the three together, but was really enjoyable to watch an anime like this with no drama or violence, just mere positivity in every aspect of the story.

S2 definitely kept the pace from S1, I'm satisfied with that.

8/10.
Sep 30, 2012 12:09 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Next time at S3 it should be the winter/new year vacations.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 30, 2012 2:41 PM

Sep 2008
~TT__TT ~

its over.. i cant wait for a season 3, it was so niceeee =)
omg i can see it already, sinku trying to defeat nanami and then choosing between milfi or becky(should i say rebecka?)

i think i have new feelings for anime after this, never thought an anime with absoluty no point at all would be so nice, its like watchinga couple of hamsters playing, no poit or meaning, just cute, is the same as this show, but still it will always be one of my favorites ==D

this has a novel?, i think i wanna read it now :D
thanks for the nice 3 monts of dog days
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Sep 30, 2012 3:15 PM

Jul 2008
Zero_r2 said:

this has a novel?, i think i wanna read it now :D
thanks for the nice 3 monts of dog days

Dog days is an original anime, yes it got a novel but it was written at the same time as the anime and follow the event that have already been animated iirc.
Sep 30, 2012 3:46 PM
Nov 2010
Fun, enjoyable and sweet show with lovable characters.

If he ends up with one of them, it should be either Eclair or Rebecca.

6/10
Sep 30, 2012 3:52 PM

Jul 2012
The last episode was run decently (though I think my brain is farting since there are 2-3 events going on in a nutshell), but overall gave me a more relaxing and cute epilogue (after watching Binbougami Ga to the mix). I'll be honest, I somehow gave a point-higher rating to the second seasons compare to the first.. (Example of "Is that a Zombie? OF THE DEAD") You knew these characters (and met new ones) and basically for the least love a few of the characters (I like Eclair, but I am neutral with others like Milihi) and second seasons are like patches for building up the story's universe. I don't know how to put into words, lol!

Anyway, I think the show sell pretty well and should have a potential S3. Cinquie is NOT DONE with defeating Nanami in the public games, and Nanami's Hero Crystal was made for the next games... So it pretty much left a cliff hanger for the next summer. (Or Fall like Cinque said about the mid-terms.)

Oh yea. Airing Dog Days at summer was the best as well. Watching it makes you feel like you are on vacation to a fantasyland like Flonyard. :)

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Sep 30, 2012 4:03 PM

Jan 2011
Another great season for t he Dog Days series. Awesome, and wouldn't mind a season 3. Although Seven Arcs better give Sekirei a season 3 first lol
Sep 30, 2012 4:18 PM

May 2008
Awesome Ending for S2. Let's hope that they make a 3rd Season. XD
Sep 30, 2012 6:04 PM

Jan 2011
liked this far more than the first season had some good laughs and smiles it Just made you feel good watching it wouldn't mind another stress reliever

i'll give it a 7/10 almost a 8~!.
Sep 30, 2012 6:40 PM
Aug 2011
A nice series that ended..... I will miss it....

I don't mind if it has a third season...
Sep 30, 2012 7:21 PM

Nov 2008
Lets hope that in its third season (here hoping) Cinque makes his decision btw Millhi or Rebecca.

Here hoping its Millhi!! I just adore her character : )
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Sep 30, 2012 9:29 PM

Apr 2008
Kiev said:
The only thing i didnt like is how nanami and becky easily overpowered cinque in this season, it wouldve been better if cinque shined a little more. Thats only my opinion though.
With a Hero Crystal promised to her, I’m already expecting a Leo+Hina kind of Nanami.
The overpowering strength and the attitude :D
Sep 30, 2012 11:24 PM

Jan 2011
I found S1 to be much better than this season. Maybe just because there was that underlying plot the first time around. Once again the BGM and inserts were top notch.

With that said, I still really enjoyed this. It was so much fun. This has a good ending but it still makes me sad since the worlds are apart an all.

The way it ended with "see you soon" makes me want to believe that there is a chance for another season in 6-12 months. I think the gap between S1 and S2 was a whole year.

I hope so. Such an enjoyable series.
Oct 1, 2012 4:32 AM

Jul 2011
For me this anime go could on forever, i kinda like the "other realm" kind of stuff and this anime always gives me a sad feeling when it ends... so... as sink said.. lets wait for him to end exams and season 3 on fall :D
Oct 1, 2012 12:41 PM

Sep 2011
Eclair was the first to get a kiss, and the only one to get a kiss! Yeah yeah~

Anyways... YAY THIRD SEASON IS HINTED AT THE END! Looking forward to it! :D
Oct 1, 2012 1:07 PM
May 2009
Wishing for a third season like the rest of you
Oct 1, 2012 9:06 PM

Aug 2008
The first season was better because of the more formed plot it had. This lacked that, but it was still alright...
Oct 2, 2012 12:15 AM

Jul 2010
prismheart said:
Rebecca should keep her hair down.

If they make a new season I would like a villain in the story to shake things up (and not some monster like the first season).

YES i want that too
and than she (make it a she plz) would becomes friends with the rest of the cast.

KuroNoKenshi said:
GO_KLAC-IGER said:
after watching it all well you can say this season of fun, no plot, slice of life, & more loads of loads of characters.

yea pull a s3 let travel to human world next?

No way, I want a third season more plot oriented.
No need to turn it into a big drama fest, just have a bit more seriousness mixed in all of the fun.
A powerfull rival country that wasn't mentionned up to now (and a real 'rival' country) that seriously seek to takes Biscotti's, Galette's and Pastillage's land which bring the three country together against that new force.

Or even some exagerated drama that doesn't take itself too seriously.
That title of Hero is too easely gained, Cinque, Nanami and Rebecca should fight against evil that seek to destroy the world with their life on the line, win and return together as true heroes.

you have some really good ideas man. i particularly like the "new enemy against the 3 kingdoms" one

anyway like everyone else said, lets get a season 3 some time in the future ok?

Oct 2, 2012 8:24 AM

Jul 2011
nice ending. the show was pretty great, I enjoyed it alot. Can't wait for season 3!
Oct 2, 2012 2:08 PM

Sep 2011
It was a bit weaker than season one, but still highly enjoyable. 8/10
Oct 4, 2012 11:25 PM

Jun 2008
OK.....here are the problems with this anime (IMO).

Unlike the first season, this season had ZERO plot, it might as well have been a slice of life anime, instead of the "Action, Adventure, Fantasy" genre that it has.

Although I do like the characters, the setting, and the "story".....I was disappointed that they chose cute scenes over actual plot.

And NO, I'm not one of those people that demands a complex plot to every anime, but at the same time, there was literally NOTHING going on here.

A weak 7/10 from me, If they do a third season, hopefully we'll see an actual plot that makes the storyline interesting and live up to the genre of Fantasy Action Adventure.
Oct 5, 2012 12:14 AM

Mar 2012
Am I the only one who LOATHED this anime?

And I mean loathed. I gave it a 3/10 and I was being generous. There was no plot...or at the very least, they dived so little into the new plot that it felt nonexistent, they added MORE characters to an already overabundant cast (part of the reason why a lot of people don't enjoy Naruto, Bleach, etc...introduce so many unnecessary characters), and made little effort toward hashing out the main characters.

I wasn't a big fan of the 1st season. However, I thought it had A LOT of potential. I absolutely loved the original plot of the 1st season and the undertones behind it. I felt like it had a very weak finish though and this season...just followed suit. Honestly, this season felt more like a filler than it did an actual series run. This was one of the worst animes I have seen in quite a while...I would even venture to say it was worse than Hidan no Aria and Infinite Stratos (and you guys really don't want to know how badly I ripped those two shows).
Oct 5, 2012 3:15 AM
Oct 2012
Toucanbird said:
Am I the only one who LOATHED this anime?

And I mean loathed. I gave it a 3/10 and I was being generous. There was no plot...or at the very least, they dived so little into the new plot that it felt nonexistent, they added MORE characters to an already overabundant cast (part of the reason why a lot of people don't enjoy Naruto, Bleach, etc...introduce so many unnecessary characters), and made little effort toward hashing out the main characters.

I wasn't a big fan of the 1st season. However, I thought it had A LOT of potential. I absolutely loved the original plot of the 1st season and the undertones behind it. I felt like it had a very weak finish though and this season...just followed suit. Honestly, this season felt more like a filler than it did an actual series run. This was one of the worst animes I have seen in quite a while...I would even venture to say it was worse than Hidan no Aria and Infinite Stratos (and you guys really don't want to know how badly I ripped those two shows).

Oh Quit Bitching!! Don't like the anime, then quit fucking complaining like a little bitch! Season 2 maybe weaker than season 1, but this is not one of the worst anime's out there. This season gets an 8/10 from me. But you sir have the lamest excuse to hate on this anime, now do yourself a favor and piss off! Besides this season was suppose to be for fun, not seriousness, besides they are setting up a plot for season 3.
Oct 6, 2012 8:46 PM

Apr 2009
And so ends their unforgettably wonderful summer.

Rebecca's new look is splendid. Who knew all it would take is a makeover to get Shinku to notice her in a different way? Rebecca all the way!

Her heart is not yet ready for his sudden attention, however. Though they did look a lot like lovers out on a date when they started walking together.

With all of the celebrations during the long festival, one would've thought Flonyard was a world of permanent merrymaking. Paradise.

I liked this season better than the prequel. And so the wait for another sequel begins.
Oct 8, 2012 9:20 AM
Jul 2018
Sweat last episode,Sink and Rebecca foreva!
Oct 8, 2012 9:20 AM
Jul 2018
Sweat last episode,Sink and Rebecca foreva!
Oct 20, 2012 5:53 AM

Jan 2012
i definitely enjoyed this more than the 1st season.
first season - 5/10
second season - 7/10
Oct 28, 2012 3:34 AM

May 2010
I see some rebecca x Cinque there..but I still like Milhi x Cinque more.So when is the 3rd season coming.Now I think that it has unlimited seasons possibilities.I want the third season now.
Oct 28, 2012 8:46 AM

Aug 2010
I hope there will be another season, didn't feel like a proper closure. Nice episode 4/5.

6/10 for the series, I enjoyed the ride. I wanted to feel all warm and fuzzy inside and I certainly felt so. Here's hoping for a 3rd season!
Oct 28, 2012 7:12 PM

Jan 2012
It's 4:11AM right now.
The reason I'm writing this at 4:11AM? I just finished a Dog Days' marathon because I couldn't stop watching it.

This show is absolutely brilliant.

I'm giving it 9/10.
This is one of those shows where the creators can get as creative as they want and throw in anything and everything they can think of and make it work.
There was not one point in this show that was not genuinely entertaining and thoroughly enjoyable.

The season was the ideal length, but felt a bit too short. I think the story has great potential for further development and I'm really hoping for a third season.

The fighting does get a bit repetitive, but they managed to make it work this time round so I have no doubt they'll get it right again.

This show marks my return to anime after a few weeks off time and I couldn't have chosen better.
The only issue is that I may be taking another break to cool off because anything I watch now would be a disappointment in comparison to this one.
Oct 31, 2012 10:22 PM

Feb 2009
Hmm, I'm quite surprised by the feedback of most people in this thread. I felt this season was far inferior to the first and had lots of boring moments. For one, the series turned to fan-service rather than sticking with good ol cute story. The characters are still nice and fluffy, but it just feels like one big filler season with no real plot. Characters and new attacks are introduced for particularly no reason and it just seems like there is no progression. It was still an interesting watch, but it was hard to finish because there is no real pulling factor.

Perhaps a -1 or 2 from first season
Oct 31, 2012 11:07 PM

Sep 2012
justinefremlouw said:
Hmm, I'm quite surprised by the feedback of most people in this thread. I felt this season was far inferior to the first and had lots of boring moments.

General consensus I read in Japan is that this season is far superior to first season precisely because it got rid of the boring moments from the first season. Seems that what entertained you in the first season is precisely what many fans found to be not entertaining. As for plot, it depends on what kind of plot you want -- overarching story is not always present in anime and fans (at least those in Japan) do not demand it as a priority.
symbvOct 31, 2012 11:11 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 1, 2012 7:35 PM

Feb 2009
symbv said:
General consensus I read in Japan is that this season is far superior to first season precisely because it got rid of the boring moments from the first season. Seems that what entertained you in the first season is precisely what many fans found to be not entertaining. As for plot, it depends on what kind of plot you want -- overarching story is not always present in anime and fans (at least those in Japan) do not demand it as a priority.
hmm, maybe I'm just weird...well, I knew turning fanservice would drag up the ratings anyhow, but the season seemed very filler-like to me....As for plot, I'm not always looking for it (in fact, just finished SKET Dance, obviously not a plot filled show, but entertaining nevertheless), but Dog Days was plot filled in the first season, so I don't think it was wrong of me to expect the same for the next season (assuming the second season happened because the first season did well, I would think they would want to preserve the pace and plot progression).
Nov 13, 2012 4:04 PM

Oct 2011
symbv said:
overarching story is not always present in anime and fans (at least those in Japan) do not demand it as a priority.

no over plot = slice of life or "lucky star" and i hate both, if they're going to do a third season please give it a plot, 7/10 for me
wakka9ca said:"The endless debate between fans and haters... is totaly pointless"

Nov 18, 2012 10:42 PM

May 2012
More Yukki pls!!! lol ^^

Anyway, this anime indeed fulfill my expectations. The theme is "happy all time" which is good for me because i don't like depressing anime.
Dec 7, 2012 12:56 PM

Jun 2012
I was hoping for some plot but I guess not, the ecchi was great though, and once again great characters.

8/10

For the next season I hope there arent any new characters and they just focus on the ones we've seen so far. I hope theres a plot too with an actual antagonist.
Feb 6, 2013 5:14 PM

Nov 2011
Rebecca should totally keep her hair down! And this is probably one of the if not the happiest anime I have seen.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Apr 5, 2013 5:30 PM

Aug 2012
9/10

Here's an idea: how about they animate a season of Dog Days set in the past? I'm pretty sure it was explained in the first episode that they actually had real "wars" where people killed each other. Now that would be a great change of pace. The only problem would be different characters.
(suggesting this because I don't like the idea of adding a new villain to the story)

(P.S.:No, no pink-haired tsundere with a whip traveling to Earth through a magic portal please. I admit that show was great, but no. Not in this show. XD )
Apr 15, 2013 7:39 PM
Aug 2012
i reallyyy liked this season. especially how the episodes were more relaxed and without much serious conflict. not in a bad way at all. it was a very stress-free flight. more anime need to be like this
Jun 26, 2013 3:02 PM

Feb 2011
Finally got through it. It was worse than the first season and for some reason I can't stand Nanami. 7/10
Jun 28, 2013 3:34 PM

May 2013
hmmmm 7/10. its kinda to peacefull hopefully season 3 has some vilans and an enemy country
Dec 15, 2013 6:47 PM

Dec 2010
Great watch! but why did they remember the other world after there return? and I thought you could not bring things from that world back to earth.
Apr 3, 2014 5:10 PM
Nov 2011
GregZor9 said:
Great ending to my favorite show's second season! Absolutely loved it. I was really worried they would do a timeskip, but I'm so glad they didn't.

The scene in the bedroom between Millhi and Shinku was great as it let fans know that Shinku never forgot what he and Millhi said to each other at the end of season one. Still, I'm a bit worried about Shinku in the future as now he has told TWO girls he loves them and is leading them on. Maybe they will band together next season to stab him for being a two-timer. Nothing happened on the Eclair front though, which was rather disappointing after they had an entire episode dedicated to Eclair being sad about their kiss and then battling Leo over it.

I have more to say about the episode, but I should probably work on the season review.

I'm incredibly confident we're getting a season 3 now. Maybe an announcement of season 3 will include an announcement for a North American release?

Please Aniplex (or whoever), give us a bluray release with a dub, don't pull that DVD-only crap.
He doesn't have two girls he loves he only loves Millhi he doesn't have those types of feelings for Eclair
Sep 20, 2014 4:57 PM

Jun 2014
I love this show.
I nearly dropped it in the first season, but then suddenly...it just took me over and i fell in love.
I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS SHOW. It such a touching, heart warming, fuzzy feeling show. The MC isn't really interested in romance, isn't a boob obsessed pervert, or agnsty. He just loves everything and everyone and want to improve himself and help his friends improve too. He has amazing friends who don't let their feelings interfere with their friendship. and who have no problem telling each other they love each other, or sleep or bathe together.
I have to say, Sinku has an AMAZING life, and i am TOTALLY jealous!
Though... now that next season is coming soon... i have no idea what to do in the meantime... I NEED MORE DOG DAYS
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Sep 30, 2014 2:08 AM

Feb 2010
Season 3 ^^
Dec 30, 2014 6:07 AM

Nov 2010
Nice, loved the ending and the whole anime.
Can't wait for the third season. <3

8/10
Jan 3, 2015 1:20 PM

May 2012
gahhhh, im gonna give this a 7 cause of the eclair kiss :p
but gahh, need more eclair, too much millhi and becky :p hopefully next season gives me what im craving :3
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 21, 2012

50 by Dawizz »»
Jun 8, 2023 5:47 PM

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Jul 14, 2012

103 by Dawizz »»
Jun 6, 2023 12:10 AM

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 7, 2012

98 by Dawizz »»
Jun 5, 2023 11:49 PM

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 11 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Sep 15, 2012

40 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
May 18, 2023 12:05 AM

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 9 Discussion

prismheart - Sep 1, 2012

38 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
May 17, 2023 10:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.