Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2012 7:30 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I suppose, when chocolate is involved, nothing is safe?

Interesting change of pace to tell part of the story from an outsider's perspective.

Actually, the "outtakes" bonus scenes on the DVDs are pretty funny.
CratexSep 28, 2012 7:37 PM
Feb 8, 2014 5:01 AM

Aug 2013
That is some really strong admiration O___O Kind of weird how a little girl could harbor such feelings at a very young age.

I wonder if Mifuyu's change of hairstyle really just a way to express that something in her changed as well. When someone cuts their hair, it's usually because he/she got rejected or dumped right? Guess I'm just overthinking it. Too much anime watched lol.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 24, 2014 10:55 PM

Sep 2012
xchee said:
That is some really strong admiration O___O Kind of weird how a little girl could harbor such feelings at a very young age.

I wonder if Mifuyu's change of hairstyle really just a way to express that something in her changed as well. When someone cuts their hair, it's usually because he/she got rejected or dumped right? Guess I'm just overthinking it. Too much anime watched lol.

Perhaps, but based on the end of the episode I think part of her reason for the change in appearance was so that Yumi wouldn't recognize her as the "witness" from the greenhouse.

Anyway, I really liked this episode. The change in perspective was a nice way of telling a side of the story we otherwise wouldn't get to see.
Jan 6, 2015 11:21 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
kikichi said:
xchee said:

Perhaps, but based on the end of the episode I think part of her reason for the change in appearance was so that Yumi wouldn't recognize her as the "witness" from the greenhouse.

Anyway, I really liked this episode. The change in perspective was a nice way of telling a side of the story we otherwise wouldn't get to see.

2 reasosn Mifuyu probably cut her hair.

1. So that Yumi couldn't tell she was the witness. She even said she had dug in that spot prior to Yumi coming to the greenhouse.

2. Mifuyu leaving her old stuff behind. The old Mifuyu looks up to Sachiko, but after what had happened with the red card, she is unable to continue like that because then Yumi will know she is the witness. It's a sad end for Mifuyu because she was unable to tell Sachiko she returned to the All Girls School and ask her to be friends. Although, Yumi never got to know her name, so Mifuyu could still reunite with Mifuyu.

I really hope Mifuyu can reunite with Sachiko again. The back story was certainly nice. Sachiko during her childhood was still the same as she is now.

Apr 30, 2015 6:19 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
The mystery of the moving Red Card is solved! The feels.......
Jul 30, 2015 11:02 AM

Dec 2012
My favorite episode so far, the introduction and perspective of Mifuyu shed some light on Sachiko's personality. I like the part when she let her hair down as if to say that no one will ever know what really happened with the red card. It was nice how they used this episode to build a fascinating character in 20 minutes rather than drag it out as a starting point for more drama.
Jan 17, 2016 10:25 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting to see the other side.
Alright episode
Nov 17, 2016 10:56 PM

Jun 2015
Damn, typical 10-year stalker-yet-I-never-talked-to her bullshit
Aug 17, 2018 4:00 PM

Oct 2012
Nice backstory and conclusion for previous episode, they really builded-up upon previous developement.

Still, even though she realized she lived in false hope for past ten years, she gave up so easily. The red card she got, she could at least tell her they knew each other back then.
Dec 9, 2020 7:08 AM

Aug 2018
Well, to be honest.. This as if seems that maybe Mifuyu didn't know Sachiko as well as Yumi or something?.. It feels like they're making point like that.. But.. If Mifuyu would stalk Sachiko more - what - it'd be better, you say?.. ;D If she'd stalk her so much, so that she'd know Sachiko's personality better.. I don't know about that..
It just really seems that Sachiko isn't that interested in other people around.. And just coincidence that she started getting interested in Yumi, because she got dragged in by the Cinderella game, eventually abandoning it.. But, yeah.. Sachiko is extremely hard to approach probably?.. Don't know, if anyone tried, though.. Apart from giving her chocolate - as person can just despise certain thing, but be approachable by usual talk, really..
And well.. I personally wouldn't see anything wrong really in that Mifuyu followed Sachiko until she burried her card, and then took it.. As, really, many girls would do that, I imagine.. But Mifuyu actually isn't stalker, huh, and doesn't want to be one?.. I mean, it is more exact case of following - this could be done by anyone, really, I imagine.. Like how Sei took Yumi's hint from her face that something might be in the near room - it's the same type of cheating, really.. By doing something you're not supposed to, really.. But I guess it's might be even good for Mifuyu, if she doesn't actually want to stalk.. I'd really wouldn't see this as too wrong in the light of this chase.. If anything - having photos of person pinned in your room is more of a "I don't know about that" moment.. ;D So yeah..
And speaking about Yumi's and Sachiko's relationship.. I don't really know about something special connecting them.. It doesn't really look like they trust each other that much so far.. On the other hand, they had some moments together, and that's why Yumi knew about roses.. Still, I think that Mifuyu is wrong in her assumptions of that maybe Sachiko saw something special in Yumi and stuff.. Sachiko was absent minded she first met Yumi near Maria, and only some time after that, they started to talk.. Had random encounter playing piano together.. And really only after Sachiko broke down, because of her arranged marriage, and had talk with Yumi.. Only after that both of them started approaching each other more together.. Still being on some alert terms, but moving somewhat towards, yeah.. In the end, what I want to say - it doesn't seem like one of those cases, of liking person, and so choosing him.. As Mifuyu thinks about Sachiko choosing Yumi.. I think it's more of a case they accidentally met, and after some time and hanging out started to care more about each other, instead..
Btw, Maria watching after the girls - sounds kinda "what?" ;D I mean, yeah - Maria is certainly the goddess of yuri relationships, approving of it, watching over girls.. ;D I mean.. It's not the case.. So kinda not sure, what for is that Maria, really.. I mean, some things are related to her, and stuff.. But I'm not too sure, how Maria would feel about being overwatcher of the yuri.. ;D
Wonder, by the way, who could be goddess of yuri in the anime, overall, hm.. Must be some yuri shipper, probably.. And had lots of yuri relationships herself as well?.. But preferably, if girl, yeah.. No males, please, it feels creepy to have god of yuri.. ;P So yeah.. Weebs really would need goddess protector of yuri, to be honest.. ;P
Feb 26, 2021 9:35 AM

Feb 2020
I'm pleasantly surprised with the way Mifuyu's character has been built. At first I was afraid she would be the annoying jealous stalker type, but she's actually been very well written, with one single episode covering her entire development very nicely.
It was also interesting to see Sachiko's past and how she took in account what was just an innocent remark from a comrade. It really shows that she wishes to adapt herself and so takes any remark in account, just like how she did with her sister telling her she should open more, but it is still hard for her to do so. Her interactions with Mifuyu also confirm that she isn't, and has never been cold-hearted, deep down she is a sweet girl simply wishing to have friends like everyone else but is pretty bad at social interactions.
Apr 16, 2022 6:44 PM

Jun 2014
Part of me feels sorry for Mifuyu, but it's good to know that she holds no ill will towards Sachiko or Yumi, and has accepted defeat, and has moved on with her life.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru Episode 6 Discussion

DarkIceXIII - Aug 30, 2009

20 by silentxblue »»
Sep 19, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru Episode 1 Discussion

skriticos - Jul 3, 2009

29 by silentxblue »»
Jul 6, 2023 7:53 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru Episode 3 Discussion

Cratex - Aug 12, 2012

17 by Joey-XD19202 »»
Jul 1, 2023 10:27 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru Episode 13 Discussion

HappyPear - Jul 8, 2009

24 by sjmmoc »»
Jun 10, 2023 12:03 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru Episode 12 Discussion

Cratex - Oct 2, 2012

10 by elgatosaika »»
Feb 14, 2023 11:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.