Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 10, 2013 1:29 PM
Nov 2011
I honestly thought the last episode left much to be desired, and they can't leave it at that. I haven't read the manga but if they decided not to do a second season I just might have to. I want to find out what happens, does he got to compete against that Brazilian player? Does he get his chance to follow or even surpass his brother? so many questions!!
Dec 18, 2013 9:52 AM
Dec 2013
As an avid soccer fan, I stumbled upon Area no Kishi's manga and started to binge read it. After finishing the manga i watch the anime and I was surprised to find out the anime is ahead of the manga. I found out later the manga has 200+ more translated chapters. I tried reading the raw manga at chapter 270 which skips about 150 chapters from where the translations ended. Kakeru's development and growth is pretty insane . There are also more intense scenes between him and Nana and I loved to actually be able to read the translations. Sadly, doesn't look like anybody will be translating it frequently and it'll probably take years to to get 100 more chapters, which is pretty dumb. I wanted to know is there anyway I or others could convince somebody to start translating it more frequently >.> One can dream eh?
Feb 26, 2014 9:03 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Cliffhanger ending, and we couldn't even see the rematch. Would have been nice to see an improved Phi Trick or even Kakeru make it to blue uniform team again,

Best part of the episode was Nana's confession or implied confession to Kakeru. Not only will she wait for him as a lover but also wait for him to make the blue team again and this time play together.

Mar 30, 2014 1:28 AM

Dec 2010
Ugh................

This anime would've been better if it had either:
1) never included Suguru's weird ghost thing (hampering Kakeru's development IMO)
or
2) killed Kakeru off and just had Suguru be the MC (would've been better)
or
3) didn't kill off anyone and just had the two brothers help achieve each other's dreams

7/10
PknoctisMar 30, 2014 9:46 AM
Oct 12, 2014 5:22 AM

Mar 2014
Breakthrough at the center of the spiraling storm !!
"Divide the enemy by making them rotate with a side change then shift from slow-to-fast and penetrate the unmanned center with a sudden long feed .. the two conductors of the diagonal line are separated from the offense and defensive fronts ." that will head to an unexpected division .
As the wind subsides , the knights pierces through within and ties the game !!
Turn it all around enoshima !! Forward !! Ohh .. It's a Goal !! .. Enoshima leads the game ~ !!
Defense all the way !! .. It was .. Deflected .. Yehh Enoshima wins the game ~ !!
Sagamigaura was awesome on their part .. they did great too !!
Yoin is just as strong as they play always .. they crush the team with a 4-0 score !!
Hmm .. That's a high dream araki .. conquering the tournament will be a difficult job :)
That Amazing teamwork .. Nadeshiko Japan is truly a one great team-up of skilled players !!
Watching live at the stage of the world championships !!
"I'll be waiting for you" .. It sounded like a lovely one for me ~ .. kakeru will definitely shine !!
The Kick-off to their dreams of the blue skies ~ !! WIN IT ALL THE WAY ~ !! :D
Perfect Episode !!! the Ending was just .. so flawless ~

Area no Kishi . is a series that is full of awesomeness and excitement.. also was a spectacular , remarkable and wondrous that ever gave the great vibes of a true splendid show of soccer .
I'm in a lost for words .. It was really a stunning one in my eyes . As in all aspects , It really satisfied me with it's awe-inspiring plays , those clever tactics in-game .. the miracle shots that obtain many victories , the frustrating moments of losing and the aspiring will of each players that so captivating that even made me emotional sometimes . The Funny gags and giggles .. like peeping and crossdressing .. I didn't expect that I laugh so hard with the humor because I presume that It's just the typical comedy of an anime that becomes boring when it goes on and on .. but this .. I enjoyed it so many times ~ . It's plot , making the MC stronger through the numerous games he counters , developing hat tricks the brings confusion to enemies and goals to his teammates because of his ambition to be on the top with his prodigious and beloved brother who gave his life to continue the longing dreams of his little brother as well his dreams .
It was a stereotype storyline like any sports anime is ..but as the story goes on , It will improve and the uniqueness will show up . At the Romance part , I meant the love triangle between nana-kakeru-mai was quite lovely to watch and enchanting to make pairings with them . (I support KakeruxNana btw) even though , It lacks mostly in this part as it focus to the development of each characters , I loved all the scenes of it and treasure them with sweet and delight in my memories . As with the Characters , The art is fine .. but sometimes It was so ravishing and exquisite . The development .. well , It has a slow pace one with the main character steady advance of it's "requirements" to his yearning goal in life . The Personality is each individual is distinct of course .. but the great thing they have in common is the determination to win that fascinated me whenever they work their hardest to win :) For me personal life , It inspires me to play soccer , the sports of kicks because of the most normal words to say : "It look awesome , I wanna try" .. I keep training for this new sports of mine and hopefully it will gain some goals in the future too .
Ending note .. I sincerely wish for a sequel to cover up the questions in line to make truthful answers to it .. but it's not the most important reason of why should I hope for another season .. It's because I want to experience again the gladness and glee of watching a soccer anime that I undoubtedly loved and enjoyed at all times . It's scores at my heart ~ :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2014 6:58 AM

Jul 2014
Even if the anime would've ended in a better way, I don't think my overall opinion of Area no Kishi would have changed.

Football/Soccer is one of the sports I actually like (basketball being my favorite) so the fact that I enjoyed Haikyuu!! and Daimond no Ace a lot more over this one when I'm not even a fan of either sport (especially not baseball) made it clear to me that this anime wasn't that impressive.... for me, anyway.

When I first started watching this anime I thought I would've liked it despite the not-so-impressive animation. I watched Prince of Tennis a few months ago for the first time and even with its lesser in quality animation, I enjoyed it to the end. I dunno what it is about Area no Kishi that made me not like it so much. >_< Probably the way it was executed? Who knows... @_@

Ah well~ I still finished it at least. :)
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Jan 5, 2015 9:20 PM

Aug 2007
WHY!? Why has this anime ended without the chance of a second season. I can understand the sales reason of course but otherwise it was very entertaining. The animation was great in my eyes and I'm sure many people never even noticed or thought that it looked bad. As a true fan of soccer and of anime I think this anime knocked it out of the park (or scored a massive goal)! There were vibrant colors and the story was amazing. This is an anime that concentrated on the vital points of soccer (training, game action, strategy, execution, and entertainment). As someone who plays soccer a lot, I believe this anime represents what the sport is all about. Also I don't believe that anything was rushed (if anyone things that it was get off my pitch! lol).
Jan 5, 2015 9:24 PM

Jul 2012
@raenydays: lol don't expect much out of soccer anime. they're always less than "great". like literally every baseball anime is godly and same with basketball, cycling or volleyball. >.>

i agree with the above post though. you've listed the main reasons why i do like this anime a lot.
Mar 29, 2015 12:10 AM

Mar 2013
Well.. after a good 2 years of this being on my list, I've finally gone back and finished it.

Kind of disappointed it had to end there, if they were to make the sequel, I'd hope it be better animated and still fit the same style that it offers.

Great series, but poor ending, should of kept going until the end!
Apr 16, 2016 4:58 PM

Jul 2013
The end was really rushed. At least Kakeru didn't need to use Suguru to defeat the Neo Total Football. 5/10.
Apr 24, 2016 12:38 PM

Aug 2008
Honestly this anime was a big "meh" for me, the soccer scenes got to be repetitive after awhile and no one was really developed enough as a character, not even our two leads. Constant dull soccer commentary was not needed and annoyingly, Seven's games were more interesting to me than our MC and of course hers were shorter.

Plus there were a couple of "drama" setups that went absolutely nowhere. That reporter following Seven and Kakeru? Went nowhere. The guy who seemed to be stalking Mina and had her so freaked? No explanation given, might as well not have ever happened. Then the biggest sin beyond plot lines being abandoned and lack of character development is that this story is unfinished. Can't give a high rating for that alone. In the end I'm battling with myself as to whether to give Area no Kishi a 5 or be kind and leave it with a 6.

Really now, the anime didn't even use the relationship between Kakeru and Seven much at all, I don't' even think there was even a half-hearted attempt to try and build on it, not even decent ribbing on him from his family or teammates. Disappointing.
Jun 10, 2016 3:59 PM
Apr 2016
I loved the initial idea of Area no Kishi, but once I watched it, I became terribly bored. Of course, I kept waiting to see if the anime would make a turn-around...But it never did. It just kept getting worse. Initially, I thought Kakeru would grow as a person because of the accident, but he stayed exactly the same. He continued to give up during the soccer games, and his brother would clean up his mess. One of the questions I have been wondering since I began watching this series was, why does it have a supernatural attribute. Does it need to have Suguru for the story to advance? Then why did you kill him?! They could both be alive, or Kakeru could have taken Suguru's place. The series could have still progressed with or without Kakeru. My vision of Area no Kishi was completely shattered, and I hope that TV Asahi will be able to redeem itself with a more well-executed series like Slam Dunk. Rating: 3/5
Sep 3, 2016 8:16 PM
Aug 2016
has there ever been a soundtrack released? I've been looking everywhere with no luck so far.
Jun 15, 2017 3:49 AM
Apr 2015
5 out of 10

The reason why Area no Kishi hasn't animated the sequel is because of this reasons:

1. Because of the Chapter and Episode where the MC has a chance to represent Japan in U-16 was dragged down. Where he didn't get another chance to prove himself to represent it, the citizens lost interest quickly.

2. Lack of Fund- Likewise, due to lack of interest. Few people acknowledge the credibility of the story.

3. The MC is so pussy, he is only relying to the ability of his brother and never intended to do what he must as the main character.

4. Only U-22 is the part where is become a World Class soccer, SUCKS! That was the only thing comes from the mind of other readers. Basically, the author makes the other characters like Nana-chan and Mai-chan surpassed him. The girls becomes a representatives of U-16, U17 - U-22. More U's than the worthless MC.

Sighed, don't expect me to change my views and the other readers. I only stated the truth.
May 16, 2018 11:27 PM
May 2018
i have a happy news for all the guys that the area no kishi comeback with his all episode 38 to 56 in 2019 i am 100 sure
May 17, 2018 9:58 PM
May 2018
hello guy area no kishi comeback with his all episode 38 to 57 only on 2019
Sep 25, 2018 4:13 AM
Sep 2018
It is very awesome programme plse plse restart it where it is ended
Sep 25, 2018 9:02 AM
Sep 2018
Plse start area no kishi plse plse where it ends
Jan 24, 2020 5:15 PM
Jan 2020
Its a good anime and I really like it. Please release the season2
Mar 10, 2020 7:23 PM

Oct 2017
Wish there was a season 2!
Dec 5, 2022 2:39 PM

Dec 2012
Well that was a sour note to end it on. The best part of this series was the first match against Yoin, so teasing a rematch that will never be is just that much more disappointing. The whole "Kick off with Suguru" could have had a more sentimental effect if it was the start of nationals against an unnamed team. I was reaching the point where I was ready to get this over with, but now I wish it had been another 2-3 episodes just for this rematch.

Well all in all, Area no Kishi was a fair weather sports series. It was a mixed bag, delivering an emotionally gripping premise with the Kakeru brothers yet constantly churning out mediocre fanservice episodes that resulted in too much "loss time." I did like how this series broadened the horizons of the sport, particularly with the dynamic duo of Nana & Mai. That whole "Kakeru x Nana" scandal never developed into anything, but probably for the better since it always felt like an unnecessary element of the plot.

6/10. Also terrible timing since Japan just got knocked out of the World Cup today.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Area no Kishi Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2012

24 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 18, 2022 3:04 PM

Poll: » Area no Kishi Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4, 2012

31 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 18, 2022 1:07 PM

Poll: » Area no Kishi Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2012

20 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 15, 2022 11:11 AM

Poll: » Area no Kishi Episode 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2012

17 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 15, 2022 10:23 AM

» Nana Mishima

FiddlePie - May 22, 2022

2 by FiddlePie »»
Sep 25, 2022 5:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.