Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 1, 2012 12:06 AM

Dec 2011
Random45 said:
Mary_Vanucchi said:
About the Angel Beats! stuff... Why I have the feeling that the anime would be worst with more episodes?

I'm not denying that things went rushed in the last episodes, but Angel Beats with 50+ episodes would be waaaaay dragged. The series was meant to have a most dinamic flow, different from Clannad slow-pacing, for example. That's why many episodes that focused on an entire character story (Iwasawa and Yui, for example) worked so well. It's just my impression though.

I think it would've dragged at 50 episodes too, but if it was just a typical 24~ episode anime, I think that would've been enough time to do everything they wanted, and at least the ending wouldn't have been so rushed. I just remember getting really angry at the end with how rushed it was and how it ended. You are told too much stuff that happened off screen, but then it was decent, and then it decided to try and be sad at the last few minutes, and it was so poorly done, that it made the ending go from the sweet side of bittersweet, all the way to the bitter side. God I hated that ending...

Honestly AB is the first anime where I hated the ending. The reason is: BECAUSE IT WAS DAMN AWESOME AND IT WAS MASTERPIECE. So if it was that good, why does it bother me? Because whole anime wasn't that sad, except background stories (OH Yuri and Yui T.T ), then everything was rushed and all of a sudden we have that great ending, but since everything was rushed we don't have an idea where it came from. I mean it was a little noticeable that there is something between Kanade and Otonashi, they shared a bond, but we didn't even have a chance to try and guess, we were just given the answer out of nowhere :P

Still I loved it XD I like how sad it turned out to be.
Oct 1, 2012 12:28 AM

Jul 2011
akutasame94 said:
Random45 said:
Mary_Vanucchi said:
About the Angel Beats! stuff... Why I have the feeling that the anime would be worst with more episodes?

I'm not denying that things went rushed in the last episodes, but Angel Beats with 50+ episodes would be waaaaay dragged. The series was meant to have a most dinamic flow, different from Clannad slow-pacing, for example. That's why many episodes that focused on an entire character story (Iwasawa and Yui, for example) worked so well. It's just my impression though.

I think it would've dragged at 50 episodes too, but if it was just a typical 24~ episode anime, I think that would've been enough time to do everything they wanted, and at least the ending wouldn't have been so rushed. I just remember getting really angry at the end with how rushed it was and how it ended. You are told too much stuff that happened off screen, but then it was decent, and then it decided to try and be sad at the last few minutes, and it was so poorly done, that it made the ending go from the sweet side of bittersweet, all the way to the bitter side. God I hated that ending...

Honestly AB is the first anime where I hated the ending. The reason is: BECAUSE IT WAS DAMN AWESOME AND IT WAS MASTERPIECE. So if it was that good, why does it bother me? Because whole anime wasn't that sad, except background stories (OH Yuri and Yui T.T ), then everything was rushed and all of a sudden we have that great ending, but since everything was rushed we don't have an idea where it came from. I mean it was a little noticeable that there is something between Kanade and Otonashi, they shared a bond, but we didn't even have a chance to try and guess, we were just given the answer out of nowhere :P

Still I loved it XD I like how sad it turned out to be.

The last episode just did too many things I really disliked.

For instance, all of Yuzuru's friends were already gone. We are just told this, there was't a scene of them leaving. What great friends they were if they didn't even wait for him to wake up to say good bye. Yeah, they weren't as close as Hinata and Yuri, but it's still kind of a dick move for them to just freaking leave like that.

We are also just told that the guy who became an NPC is all better now, and that he moved on too... Well... I guess that's good to know. Would've been nice to actually see a scene of him reuniting with all of his friends.

Then we get to the bit at the end where Kanade wants to leave, but Yuzuru wants her to stay. This scene just pissed me off. They both had ALL THE FREAKING TIME IN THE WORLD, literally, they were already freaking dead. Kanade could have, you know, EXPLAINED THINGS TO HIM. She could have told him that she couldn't love him back without moving on due to that being what she was even there for, or that she really didn't want to stay any longer. Either way, Yuzuru would have to acknowledge that it would be better for them both to move on, even if it would be tough on him at first.

Instead she decides to break the poor kids heart. It was such an obvious ploy to get you to feel sad that it instead made me angry, as I mentioned above. It's the equivalent of killing off a beloved character in a game or movie or something just for shock value. I don't feel as strongly about it anymore, but man, at the time that ending made me hate the entire anime for a little while. Sort of like how the god awful ending of Alan Wake made me hate that entire game for a little while.

Though I've learned since then - bad endings and anime tend to go hand in hand, so I'm not really upset or disappointed when it happens anymore.
Oct 1, 2012 12:38 AM

Dec 2011
Reason why Kanade didn't explain anything was explained in anime. She was afraid, because anyone she gets close to disappears. Probably she had experiences before, it was just never explained. Perhaps it would have been if anime was longer. In the end she did fall in love with him, it was clear in last few episodes that they were getting closer, even since the first episode Otonashi did feel something and felt strange about her. Was it his heart inside her or something else I don't know. Actually to explain everything I'd need to go into deep analysis of the show, and I so don't want to do that. Not that I don't like doing that, I simply just did extremely deep analysis of a poem for my native language class xD At least I'll get an A :P
Oct 1, 2012 6:09 AM

May 2010
akutasame94 said:
In the end she did fall in love with him, it was clear in last few episodes that they were getting closer, even since the first episode Otonashi did feel something and felt strange about her. Was it his heart inside her or something else I don't know.

This is because they showed almost no character development between them, that is why the ending part where Otanashi goes kind of berserk is almost laughable.
Oct 1, 2012 6:16 AM
Dec 2007
Fletchaaa said:
akutasame94 said:
In the end she did fall in love with him, it was clear in last few episodes that they were getting closer, even since the first episode Otonashi did feel something and felt strange about her. Was it his heart inside her or something else I don't know.

This is because they showed almost no character development between them, that is why the ending part where Otanashi goes kind of berserk is almost laughable.
It felt more like the episodes where this was to be shown were cut to save time. The moment she and Otonashi makes peace and the whole clone thing happens they go into the "make them all move on" plan instantly without any sort of in-between episodes to make Otonashi and Kanade's relationship grow. Tha's why Kanade's sudden happy mood in the end came out of nowhere.

Oct 1, 2012 10:43 AM

Dec 2011
Leon-Gun said:
Fletchaaa said:
akutasame94 said:

It felt more like the episodes where this was to be shown were cut to save time. The moment she and Otonashi makes peace and the whole clone thing happens they go into the "make them all move on" plan instantly without any sort of in-between episodes to make Otonashi and Kanade's relationship grow. Tha's why Kanade's sudden happy mood in the end came out of nowhere.

Answer to both of you XD

Blame those who shortened the show :P

I still love the show, and I adore both Yuri and Kanade :D
Oct 1, 2012 2:36 PM
Dec 2007
^Honestly, if they had showed Kanade's anguish and introspection into her feelings and desires, it would have made the show better. The short moments they did show some of her feelings you knew there was something but the fact it never went into detail until that last episode hurts the ending. But yeah, we can only blame P.A. Works and Aniplex for not pushing for that 2 cour season.

Oct 1, 2012 3:35 PM

Aug 2011
We can only hope that the VN adaptation that was mentioned actually gets made sooner or later.
Oct 1, 2012 3:49 PM

Mar 2012
I want to like this, but it looks quite bad. Will have to see how the first few eps go.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 2, 2012 12:39 AM

Dec 2011
mitch3315 said:
We can only hope that the VN adaptation that was mentioned actually gets made sooner or later.

Can't wait. Only one problem... Will I learn Japanese until then xD
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

288 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Funya-Usagi - Jan 5, 2013

185 by little_raven »»
Feb 20, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.