Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 3, 2012 11:23 PM
Sep 2012
This is a LONG entry. But I swear if you read it, it will defiantly get you thinking.

Alright so this will get pretty intense, but I have to let everyone know that you have to read this with an open mind. And if you haven't seen the movie, either go see it after reading this, or look at the wiki in order to get some perspective.

Now so far we've seen some aspects from the movie, and the original series. And after finally seeing that Renton has the ability to travel between different universes, I think I know why.

Now obviously the movie was meant to represent an alternate reality. That being said, I think that we are seeing these 2 universes colliding into each other. And by that I mean, the original series universes, and the movies universe.

And here is where it gets a little intense. In episode 14, or 15, whatever, Eureka says she's pregnant with a girl. Keeping the theory that both the original series, and the movie are involved, I don't think that the Eureka that we saw and the Eureka that gave birth to Ao are the same one.

I know, I know, this is pretty far out there, but stay with me. In ep 22 we see Renton basically wandering a world that has become a waste land. And he seems to be alone except for the Nirvash. And with the fact that there are multiple universes in play I think one of 2 things has happened. Either Renton is trying to save the other universes, or the Universe he is from was already consumed by the Scub Coral. Which would mean the Renton that we saw has lost his family, or is trying to save, the other universes families.

I think this because of one big aspect of the last episode the struck me as strange. Renton is ALL ALONE. No Holland, no Talho, No Maruice, No Matter, No Link. Nobody. Now no Holland and Co. is more understandable, but leaving the rest of his family and his Daughter behind, possibly for good. Even for Eureka I can't see Renton doing that.

This is what I think happened. The Eureka who was pregnant with a girl, has died, along with the child. And the Renton who lost them, went to the other Universes to try and save the other Eureka and Family. And he got Ao's Eureka out with the Nirvash he built.

But he got seperated from them when he sent them through, and has been trying to find them ever since. Because in my opinion, he seems to be looking for something, or someone, on that planet he was on.

Sorry its such a long rant, but there was a lot too cover. Please respond, I'd like to see what people think about this.
Oct 4, 2012 2:47 AM
Jul 2012
this is jsut me or the Nirvash really said Mokkyuu before he start to take off?
Oct 4, 2012 7:53 AM

Apr 2010
Is it just me or Renton sounds like Holland?!
Oct 4, 2012 9:12 AM

Apr 2009
I laughed so hard when she took off the "ears". LOL

Woah Subic Bay Naval Base, Philippines! I thought we rejected the American Naval bases since 1992...looks like a secret base (for coral carrier research to boot) in the middle of the jungle anyway. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Was that Renton? Seems he's lost among the timelines too.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 4, 2012 1:50 PM
Oct 2012
Haha I love all the Renton Fangirling that has been going on
and I have to whole heartily agree he's what made this episode. Though when he first showed up he was really unrecognizable, I thought.. great.. another new character.. if it wasnt for his eyes and Nirvash itself I would have never pegged it to be him.

Im not going to bash AO as im really trying to give it credit as a stand alone anime, unfortunately I'll have to agree with the general consensus that due to lack of character development and a plot that is just all over the place, its really the nostalgia thats bringing me back.

Personally I also hope for a big Thurston family fight with some original OST, truth needs to go away... Even from the beginning he was really iffy and I despite OP villains... in fact all the villains in this show are pretty lackluster.
Oct 4, 2012 3:49 PM

Oct 2011
Renton being there saved this horrific episode. The stupid ear thing with Naru was cheesy and I didn't enjoy it.

If the show just followed adult Renton it would have been sooooo much more better but instead we get his feminized son as the main character and his annoying girlfriend.

2.5/5
Oct 4, 2012 4:26 PM

Jan 2008
MyFriendSam said:
Any one else notice this?

Not really sure if it is significant or just a reference.....

It might be the possibility that the movie was just an entire different dimension/timeline.

Anyways, skipped the entire episode and watched for Renton. Dat insert song.
PaulOct 4, 2012 4:32 PM
Oct 5, 2012 1:58 AM

May 2012
I don't know if anyone has said this, or if it's a silly theory but do you think this Renton is the one from the Eureka New Order dimmension/timelime? because they are seperated at the end of that.
Oct 5, 2012 2:42 PM
Jul 2012
Vuyo said:
I don't know if anyone has said this, or if it's a silly theory but do you think this Renton is the one from the Eureka New Order dimmension/timelime? because they are seperated at the end of that.

Can't be because someone here stated that someone 100% confirmed new order has nothing to do with anything without even proving it. And by the law of the internet you don't have to prove anything on the internet so I guess this can't possibly be true....

But more seriously, I think new order is more relevant than people realize because it explains a little why eureka leaves renton on this time traveling business...in AO she has gotten lost in the timelines and in the present time the world is slowly being destroyed as the scub leaves....in new order eureka says basically that everybody is in danger of dieing if she doesn't do this time travel business...

EDIT: Furthermore, Renton promises Eureka that he will find her should she get lost. So it is no surprise that he knows that he must find eureka in the scene in episode 22. He clearly knows more about the situation than he should if new order hadn't taken place...because in new order he learns about Eureka's mission. There are indeed a couple flashbacks in New Order, but the scenes are not what is important. The dialogue is the important part(with of course the exception of the actual flashbacks involving dewey...and a couple others?).

But ignore all of this hogwash. The proof that new order is irrelevant may actually surface. Who knows...
LolnutOct 5, 2012 2:48 PM
Oct 5, 2012 4:22 PM
Jun 2009
The best scene from this episode was the Nausicaä one... more people should see Nausicaä...
Oct 5, 2012 8:01 PM

May 2011
Renton's appearance made my day!
Oct 6, 2012 2:33 AM
Oct 2012
"New Order" is an alternate ending to Eureka Seven. If it were meant to have any relevance it would have been more than an exclusive audio-only feature on the Japanese DVDs. If AO is a sequel to "New Order", then it is a sequel to an alternate version of Eureka Seven. While Pocket Full of Rainbows takes place in an alternate universe within the context of the Eureka Seven continuum, "New Order" is not truly a part of the anime continuity. The Psalms of Planets manga is also an alternate story line which really has no impact, even as an 'alternate universe', on the anime storyline.

Since AO is exploring the concept of time travel, and if it is in fact incorporating travel between different dimensions, then the movie can actually be taken into account if the writers decide to go that way. But IMHO, whatever happened in the movie will have little bearing (aside from the sort of references we saw in episode 22) on what actually happens in AO. I do believe that AO is simply a sequel to the Eureka Seven anime series which ended at episode 50, and while there are various possibilities I think there is a lot of over-analysis going on here. I don't see Bones merging the Pocket Full of Rainbows/Psalms of Planets universes in a significant way and I doubt they would advertise AO as the sequel to E7 only to go back and say "no actually it was a sequel to the E7 movie" or whatever. Besides, the Eureka that Ao spoke to on the Gekko confirmed that she was the same character we knew from Psalms of Planets, and there are only so many things they can really do between AO and the movie-verse.
Oct 6, 2012 4:46 PM

May 2009
MyFriendSam said:

Just reference. In movie there wasn't Scub nor Seven Swell.
Oct 6, 2012 4:52 PM
Oct 2012
YES!!! I cant wait for ep. 23 and 24. Ogh PLEASE Show Eureka and Renton all grown up together with their son! Renton looks so awesome!
Oct 6, 2012 9:39 PM

Oct 2008
Lolnut said:
Vuyo said:

Can't be because someone here stated that someone 100% confirmed new order has nothing to do with anything without even proving it. And by the law of the internet you don't have to prove anything on the internet so I guess this can't possibly be true....

But more seriously, I think new order is more relevant than people realize because it explains a little why eureka leaves renton on this time traveling business...in AO she has gotten lost in the timelines and in the present time the world is slowly being destroyed as the scub leaves....in new order eureka says basically that everybody is in danger of dieing if she doesn't do this time travel business...

EDIT: Furthermore, Renton promises Eureka that he will find her should she get lost. So it is no surprise that he knows that he must find eureka in the scene in episode 22. He clearly knows more about the situation than he should if new order hadn't taken place...because in new order he learns about Eureka's mission. There are indeed a couple flashbacks in New Order, but the scenes are not what is important. The dialogue is the important part(with of course the exception of the actual flashbacks involving dewey...and a couple others?).

But ignore all of this hogwash. The proof that new order is irrelevant may actually surface. Who knows...

I feel bad; I remember reading somewhere with Kyoda (I believe) saying they're not connected, but unfortunately, I didn't keep track of the source. Nice of you to ask for a citation though, as most people don't even bother.

However, it can easily be inferred, as the heart-moon and Eureka's pregnancy(s) would never have even transpired if New Order's scenario took place. I'm sure there's more I'm leaving out, but those are the most obvious contradictions that come to mind.
Oct 7, 2012 1:13 AM

Jul 2008
Oh now shit just hit the fan.

Now the wait begins, but no second season? This better be quite the two episodes.
Oct 7, 2012 3:24 PM

May 2012
Dangerr said:
Lolnut said:
Vuyo said:

I feel bad; I remember reading somewhere with Kyoda (I believe) saying they're not connected, but unfortunately, I didn't keep track of the source. Nice of you to ask for a citation though, as most people don't even bother.

However, it can easily be inferred, as the heart-moon and Eureka's pregnancy(s) would never have even transpired if New Order's scenario took place. I'm sure there's more I'm leaving out, but those are the most obvious contradictions that come to mind.

Yes and I see your point for sure, and have heard they are not connected and see the examples of why they aren't (heart on the moon, etc) but I mean there could be more than one Renton running around, not just the one from PoP since there are possibly more than one eureka and all. They definately opened a big ol can of worms with this episode.
Oct 8, 2012 9:09 PM

Jul 2012
If you think about it, Eureka disappeared when she was pregnant with Ao, well Supposedly pregnant with him. Currently he is 11 now, so that means that Renton was searching for her for over 11 years. Unless Renton didn't decide to look for her after a while hoping she would eventually come back, then realize that she definitely wasn't. Then decided "ok i'm gonna have to look for her". What dedication. . .
Oct 9, 2012 11:23 AM
Sep 2012
AnimaRO64 said:
If you think about it, Eureka disappeared when she was pregnant with Ao, well Supposedly pregnant with him. Currently he is 11 now, so that means that Renton was searching for her for over 11 years. Unless Renton didn't decide to look for her after a while hoping she would eventually come back, then realize that she definitely wasn't. Then decided "ok i'm gonna have to look for her". What dedication. . .

Remember she has been pregnant twice (Unless the Eureka that AO met was from a different universe)
Oct 9, 2012 7:31 PM

May 2012
Biporch said:
AnimaRO64 said:

Remember she has been pregnant twice (Unless the Eureka that AO met was from a different universe)

Could be true because Eureka could've become pregnant at slightly different times in each universe, hence maybe giving birth to a girl instead of AO, rather than she being a possible older sister.
But I don't know if they'd get into all that...
Oct 10, 2012 9:15 PM

Oct 2008
AnimaRO64 said:

He's 13.
Oct 11, 2012 5:54 AM
Sep 2012
dashiawia said:
About time Renton showed up! :D

The biggest gripe I have with Eureka Seven AO is that it lacks interesting characters. I just can't get hooked in the story because all the characters are bland and uninteresting. Truly a disappointment as a sequel of a great show like Eureka Seven. If only Renton and Eureka are the main characters this would have been a great series...

I think that Ao and Team peidpiper are great characters and E7 Ao definitely had the potential to be as great or even greater than the first series... but they didnt develop the characters as much as most of us wanted. Sure they had some depth to them already but i think there was so much more that they could have done to expand each character so that we can "enjoy" them as much as the old cast.
Take Fleur for example, when they showed her scar on her stomach I was like... ok wtf happened there? but they didnt tell us.... @@... like why show us this then not telll us what happened to her/how she got it, even though it might not be significant to the storyline, it "would" have been a good character development opportunity or something....

Throughout the whole series i feel like I've been WANTING to fall in love with the cast (no homo >.>), and dying to know more about them like the GekkoGo crew, but they just didnt focus on this area as much as they did in E7, which I think is what most peoples concerns are when they "dislike" this series...
That aside the story and plot twists are very nice and I like how it doesnt drag out too long like they did in E7 (i mean it did take them up to the last 10-15 episodes to pick things up and move the story forward i think.... its been a while since i last watched it @@)

Definitely looking forward to seeing the last 2 eps of this season....
and Yes i think a season 2 would actually be nice... provided they build up on the things they didnt do so well in this first season, but that's probably unlikely.... (Fingers crossed though ><)
Oct 11, 2012 1:18 PM
Oct 2012
bastek66 said:
MyFriendSam said:

Just reference. In movie there wasn't Scub nor Seven Swell.

The reason of that ship's presence is so simple... This ship represents a dove with a olive branch...it represents peace. At the end of the movie it appears to symbolize that now there is peace on Earth, while in AO it represents the "broken" peace, that things aren't well
sinedx19Oct 12, 2012 4:28 AM
Oct 11, 2012 1:54 PM

Jul 2012
BONES have created a terrible mess with this "Big Gun Thing", and with the alternated worlds, so the script-writer must be a genius to save the rest of the episodes, or make people interested in season 2 (if such thing happens).
This show needs something that we have seen in ep 8,5. To be honest i liked it more than the rest of the episodes.

This show needs it's "Storywriter", if you know what I mean.
Oct 13, 2012 10:31 PM
Oct 2012
One thing that still kinda bothers me.

Kamikaze102Oct 13, 2012 10:37 PM
Oct 14, 2012 12:14 AM

Jul 2012
Dangerr said:
AnimaRO64 said:

He's 13.
well then thats even worse xD, Also doesn't matter who came first whether it was his sister (if there is one) or Ao, I just use Ao's age as a reference to know how long Renton was Searching For Her.(For all you ppl saying Ao might not have been first)
On a side note, If this series is going to end without a S2, then they must say something about Ao's sister... That would be good enough for me... I guess
AnimaRO64Oct 14, 2012 5:24 AM
Oct 14, 2012 11:15 PM
Oct 2012
on the scene where renton goes into the ship, who were those two dead people? were they random people or people from the previous shows?
Oct 15, 2012 2:42 PM
Oct 2012
OK I GUESS I HAVE TO SORT THIS ALL OUT ........ Eureka is trapped in between times and Renton as always is trying to save her. Rentons Nirvash is like this it can fly by producing trapar (not like charles beams lfo) When Renton is first show he has be traveling through different timelines searching for Eureka. There is no heart on the moon because he isn't in his own timeline...................DID THIS HELP AT ALL
Oct 15, 2012 2:49 PM
Oct 2012
Kamikaze102 said:

Spmething just as/more important is this......LOOK AT HER WINGS!!! :O they did NOT look like THAT in the end of e7 OR wen they showed that flash back of her removing all of them Quartz........something is WAY off.
Oct 15, 2012 3:05 PM
Oct 2012
The holograms have it because that is the eureka that disappeared 10 years early i have no clue why pregnant eureka doesn't have the flower
Oct 15, 2012 3:21 PM
Oct 2012
Damarnoonan said:
The holograms have it because that is the eureka that disappeared 10 years early i have no clue why pregnant eureka doesn't have the flower
But what about the wings there different
Oct 15, 2012 3:37 PM
Oct 2012
You didn't show me the wings
Oct 15, 2012 9:27 PM
Oct 2012
How come people say eureka and renton did you know what when they where 16 to 18 because Ao is 12 but he has an older sister so it looks like it happened before they where adults
Oct 15, 2012 9:52 PM
Oct 2012
RentonThurston16 said:
Kamikaze102 said:

Spmething just as/more important is this......LOOK AT HER WINGS!!! :O they did NOT look like THAT in the end of e7 OR wen they showed that flash back of her removing all of them Quartz........something is WAY off.

Those are not her wings lol those are the Gekko-state's um eyelashes? haha I don't know what they are but they are not her wings..

Anyways yes Renton is going to use the Seven Swells to jump from dimension to dimension.. They even hinted that Eureka came from one of the Seven Swells (the episode where they had footage of Eureka coming out of a Swell and Niraversha (idk how to spell it) opening the cockpit and letting Eureka drop into the ocean of Okinawa) which also hinted that she came from a different "world" as they put it. With that being said Renton did state that the "Eureka" he is looking for is NOT in the dimension that he is in and that when the Seven Swells appeared he said that "Eureka is calling me" (rough translation) and so he would use the larger Swell to dimension jump.

Also AO did a dimension jump in Ep. 16 when he fired that big cannon to destroy the Secrets which opened several portals that lead into different dimensions and then finally one huge dimension. When the flash of light cleared AO was in the Pied Pier's ship but in a different dimension/timeline. I discovered this when AO asked if Goldilocks/Chole was ok to the group and the groups response was "who's Chloe?" Soooooooo from EP. 16-22 AO is not in his dimension/timeline that he was originally from but for some reason they know about AO and Eureka... This is a very confusing anime.. I did like it but I did not like the ending..

One more thing: when Eureka came to AO in Ep 13 AO told eureka something about having a baby boy but Eureka responded "it's actually a girl" which leads me to thinking that Naru is AO's sister because of the jem on her chest and her long hair. The jem reminds me of Eureka at the end of the TV show when she was in a complete form and the hair reminded me of the movies ending where Eureka had long hair BUT Naru's hair color is the same as Renton's color: brown.. So that could be a connection not too sure though..

Ugh honestly the ending did suck! But overall it was ok.. I was expecting it to AT LEAST copy something from Evangelion but I didn't really see anything but eh whatevers haha. Now we wait for the final episodes to come!
yzzi09Oct 15, 2012 10:00 PM
Oct 16, 2012 6:25 AM
Oct 2012
yzzi09 said:
RentonThurston16 said:
Kamikaze102 said:

Those are not her wings lol those are the Gekko-state's um eyelashes? haha I don't know what they are but they are not her wings..

Anyways yes Renton is going to use the Seven Swells to jump from dimension to dimension.. They even hinted that Eureka came from one of the Seven Swells (the episode where they had footage of Eureka coming out of a Swell and Niraversha (idk how to spell it) opening the cockpit and letting Eureka drop into the ocean of Okinawa) which also hinted that she came from a different "world" as they put it. With that being said Renton did state that the "Eureka" he is looking for is NOT in the dimension that he is in and that when the Seven Swells appeared he said that "Eureka is calling me" (rough translation) and so he would use the larger Swell to dimension jump.

Also AO did a dimension jump in Ep. 16 when he fired that big cannon to destroy the Secrets which opened several portals that lead into different dimensions and then finally one huge dimension. When the flash of light cleared AO was in the Pied Pier's ship but in a different dimension/timeline. I discovered this when AO asked if Goldilocks/Chole was ok to the group and the groups response was "who's Chloe?" Soooooooo from EP. 16-22 AO is not in his dimension/timeline that he was originally from but for some reason they know about AO and Eureka... This is a very confusing anime.. I did like it but I did not like the ending..

One more thing: when Eureka came to AO in Ep 13 AO told eureka something about having a baby boy but Eureka responded "it's actually a girl" which leads me to thinking that Naru is AO's sister because of the jem on her chest and her long hair. The jem reminds me of Eureka at the end of the TV show when she was in a complete form and the hair reminded me of the movies ending where Eureka had long hair BUT Naru's hair color is the same as Renton's color: brown.. So that could be a connection not too sure though..

Ugh honestly the ending did suck! But overall it was ok.. I was expecting it to AT LEAST copy something from Evangelion but I didn't really see anything but eh whatevers haha. Now we wait for the final episodes to come!
So he was talking of the gekko's crown and the info you told me i already knew but tried to make it simple with info that most people like about Eureka 7 Ao like Renton and Eureka
Oct 16, 2012 6:25 AM
Oct 2012
yzzi09 said:
RentonThurston16 said:
Kamikaze102 said:

So he was talking of the gekko's crown and the info you told me i already knew but tried to make it simple with info that most people like about Eureka 7 Ao like Renton and Eureka
Oct 16, 2012 7:36 PM
Oct 2012
yzzi09 said:
RentonThurston16 said:
Kamikaze102 said:

Thanks for the clarification and now lookin at it that was kinda obvious XD.
Oct 20, 2012 7:15 PM
Oct 2012
to people saying there is no heart shaped moon i'm pretty sure that's because he is on earth
cause if you look in the corner at the start of the scene it states the date and location as "nyc" which you can assume stands for new york city
besides if he were looking for the quartz gun logically he'd have to look on earth were ao would leave it
Oct 20, 2012 9:41 PM

Aug 2010
Just a few more weeks.....UWWWAAAHHHHHH!
Oct 21, 2012 3:55 AM

Oct 2012
Not long now ladies and gentlemen ! the time will come where we can all rest in peace and then cry in our corners for another week for episode 24! XD
Oct 21, 2012 6:05 AM
Sep 2012
vbyo said:
Not long now ladies and gentlemen ! the time will come where we can all rest in peace and then cry in our corners for another week for episode 24! XD

I thought they would be doing a marathon for it, ending in the last 2 episodes.
Fuck.
Oct 24, 2012 3:01 AM
Oct 2011
Biporch said:
vbyo said:

Fuck.

Actually that is how they are doing it, they finally just announced that they will be airing both episodes on November 19th back-to-back.

Though I guess that probably means we'll have to wait longer for the fansubs to be ready since they'll have two eps to translate, karaoke, sub, etc.
Oct 24, 2012 3:36 AM
Sep 2012
DangerMouseDM said:
Biporch said:
vbyo said:

Fuck.

Actually that is how they are doing it, they finally just announced that they will be airing both episodes on November 19th back-to-back.

Though I guess that probably means we'll have to wait longer for the fansubs to be ready since they'll have two eps to translate, karaoke, sub, etc.

As long as I don't hate to wait a week more the concluding episode, it's all good on my side.
Nov 3, 2012 4:25 PM

Oct 2008
I just wanted to say that I watched the first eureka seven when it first came out, yes it was confusing AT FIRST but they were kind enouh to give us all the information we needed to finish up the series.

Ao is for me a very confusing version of E7. It feels like they tried too hard to make it good and they ended up ruining it for everyone.

They made Eureka Seven Ao too overcomplicated for my taste, but even tho I say this eureka popping every once in a while and that last bit of Renton and Nirvash was all worth it for me.

They could have easily started E7 with a backstory of what happened after episode 50 in the original, would have answered alot of questions that many of us have.

I still don't hate Ao tho, because I am a true Eureka Seven Fan :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_49H_N43jQ

#MakeAnimeGreatAgain

SAY NO MORE LOLI! BRING MORE GENRES EVERY SEASON THAN JUST LOLI
Nov 5, 2012 11:54 PM
Nov 2012
I thought that making Holland's voice actor for Renton was a GREAT idea. Renton had to grow up at some point and his voice would have changed. Holland was essentially his stand-in father figure throughout all of Eureka seven and this is just such a natural progression, it's just amazing. Sure, I "miss" the old renton and his voice, but it seems that this is the only direction they could have gone. It feels very good in my opinion.

I agree that the series is lacking a little bit in terms of character development. There was more of a tribal feeling to the original series, a sense of family really and the goofy love interest theme was also a major element.

However, this new series is simply a very different type of story. It's not worse, just very different...and that's uncomfortable for many people. I think that AO is a very interesting character and the time jumping thing adds a whole other dimension to the show which the original one lacked. The flying teams are also pretty interesting as well.

They should have merged the story more earlier on though...introducing more of Eureka and Renton and perhaps even Anemone, Holland and the Gecko state. It would have been interesting to see how they would handle going back in time and dealing with Truth, etc...pretty crazy.
Nov 5, 2012 11:58 PM
Nov 2012
I also wonder if Renton will kick Truths ass or if Truth is too much for him to handle. I guess I have to wait another 2 weeks :( I hope renton kicks truths ass.
Nov 6, 2012 10:54 PM
Oct 2011
Hope Renton does, that would be glorious. :) Even if it likely could come down to Renton and his son teaming up on him after a little bonding moment or two, it would be cool he gets at least a bit of glory time. :)

blackstarlung said:
I thought that making Holland's voice actor for Renton was a GREAT idea. Renton had to grow up at some point and his voice would have changed. Holland was essentially his stand-in father figure throughout all of Eureka seven and this is just such a natural progression, it's just amazing. Sure, I "miss" the old renton and his voice, but it seems that this is the only direction they could have gone. It feels very good in my opinion.

I agree that the series is lacking a little bit in terms of character development. There was more of a tribal feeling to the original series, a sense of family really and the goofy love interest theme was also a major element.

However, this new series is simply a very different type of story. It's not worse, just very different...and that's uncomfortable for many people. I think that AO is a very interesting character and the time jumping thing adds a whole other dimension to the show which the original one lacked. The flying teams are also pretty interesting as well.

They should have merged the story more earlier on though...introducing more of Eureka and Renton and perhaps even Anemone, Holland and the Gecko state. It would have been interesting to see how they would handle going back in time and dealing with Truth, etc...pretty crazy.

Pretty much agree with all of this.

Very much liked AO despite it's differences and I also think that combining the casts like that would have been the best of both worlds.
DangerMouseDMNov 6, 2012 10:58 PM
Nov 7, 2012 4:11 PM

Jul 2012
DangerMouseDM said:
Hope Renton does, that would be glorious. :) Even if it likely could come down to Renton and his son teaming up on him after a little bonding moment or two, it would be cool he gets at least a bit of glory time. :)

blackstarlung said:

Very much liked AO despite it's differences and I also think that combining the casts like that would have been the best of both worlds.
ditto. However, i say that Ao is more of a mature version of the original imo. less romance more action, and yes, Ao is still very different. If this show had 50 episodes, i would like to see Ao and Renton going back between Ao's time and his time from time to time, after defeating truth perhaps. While trying to figure out how to save Eureka.
Nov 7, 2012 7:28 PM
Oct 2011
AnimaRO64 said:
DangerMouseDM said:

blackstarlung said:

ditto. However, i say that Ao is more of a mature version of the original imo. less romance more action, and yes, Ao is still very different. If this show had 50 episodes, i would like to see Ao and Renton going back between Ao's time and his time from time to time, after defeating truth perhaps. While trying to figure out how to save Eureka.

Agreed.
Nov 8, 2012 12:13 AM

Oct 2012
DangerMouseDM said:
AnimaRO64 said:
DangerMouseDM said:

blackstarlung said:

Agreed.

That would be nice, I just hope Ao can forgive his father like Renton did sort of when he first met up I would be disappointed and a little annoyed if he held a grudge, while them finding Eureka together in Renton's AWESOME nirvash and Ao's Nirvash, I'd like to see them all together sooner, IE in these last 2 episodes than wait for more.

They have a lot to go through in 2 episodes I hope they are an hour each, even though I doubt that is going to happen.

blackstarlung said:
I also wonder if Renton will kick Truths ass or if Truth is too much for him to handle. I guess I have to wait another 2 weeks :( I hope renton kicks truths ass.

Have you seen that new Nirvash renton has built? Truth would NOT have any Idea what hit him plus its renton piloting it .. I mean come on, Truth is good and all and his machine is a bit crazy but really :P
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

156 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode (23 &amp;) 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Nov 19, 2012

433 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 5:07 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 23 Discussion

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2012

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2012

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 3:47 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2012

96 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 12:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.