Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2012 10:13 AM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
He's back
bastek66Sep 28, 2012 9:57 AM
Sep 27, 2012 10:16 AM

Aug 2012
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!
Seriously my day could not go any better! I enter uni and he shows up :D
Sep 27, 2012 11:15 AM
Aug 2010
I had a pretty miserable week but this. Fuck Yeah.
Sep 27, 2012 12:37 PM

Nov 2010
Just watched the raw. Pretty awesome ending with Renton, Nirvash and Seven Swell. "Let's go Nirvash. Eureka's calling us." I wonder what happened with their world that it looks like this. The scub looks really lifeless, and it looks like human civilization is pretty much nonexistent. I guess coexisting didn't really work out, ehh? And If I remember correctly by the time E7 ended, it was AD 12006, and according to this ep the world we see at the end is 12021, which means that Renton is about 31 years old.

Oh, and it's pretty funny that Holland's voice actor does adult Renton's voice. It was always implied that Renton wanted to be like him, but this much? Lol.

Oh, and fuck everyone who thought it would be a good idea to make us wait 2 months for the next episode. Seriously. There wasn't even a preview.
AdolChristinSep 27, 2012 12:47 PM
Sep 27, 2012 12:55 PM

Feb 2008
There are spoilers for episode 22 in this post.

I cannot present to you how bullshit this show is now and how freaking moronic it has become. We all knew it was going horrible after episode 14 but I never thought it would reach this point. Despite the awesome fight scenes, the narrative is absolutely unsalvageable at this point. There is literally no going back and after this episode, it pretty much solidified what direction this show is taking. Everything that people loved about E7 is pretty much shat on all over. The movie was disappointing to many people and even as an anime movie it's disappointing but it's nowhere near the level of disappointment that AO is. It's absolutely horrendous in trying to pace it out. They try to go for revelations when in reality they feel like asspulls, and the greatest asspull has yet to be had until this episode. It's pretty much dumb fanfic that someone wrote and thought it'd be a great idea.

Renton is back but his design is sort of lacking. Sure he's grown and that means he's changed but there is no semblance of what he used to be at all. Other than his face, he's barely recognizeable. His hair style is questionable. His wear is okay, and sure he has swag but he's not Renton-like at all. He's grittier, much more stern. The voice doesn't help since BONES decided to use the same seiyuu as Holland making it even worse. Top this off with some bullshit cameo with the E7 movie and you pretty much have a recipe for disaster. Also Truth IS A FUCKING HORRIBLE VILLAIN. we already knew this but this episode takes it to another level. It's fucking sad.
Sep 27, 2012 12:57 PM

Sep 2011
Oh yeah bones, you fucking would. Do this at episode 22, and then take your month break. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Sep 27, 2012 1:17 PM
Feb 2011
This really made my day....I'm such a renton fan

but F*** they just had to make us wait for 1 month ~_~

Still loving it...even if they cramp the finale...such a renton fan...
really, really, really hope there's going to be a second season right away...if they are taking a one month hiatus I just hope there planning on airing a second season by...oh i don't know...hmmm~ December?>.<
Sep 27, 2012 1:51 PM
May 2012
Oh yeah! Renton's back guys, and his Nirvash looks EPIC! Though it sucks I have to wait a month, I am so looking forward to the next episode. Also, don't you guys think that Truth has finally lost his shit? It was obvious last episode, but this episode really proved it. He's just gone so ape shit crazy.
Sep 27, 2012 2:32 PM
Jul 2012
AdolChristin said:

Oh, and it's pretty funny that Holland's voice actor does adult Renton's voice. It was always implied that Renton wanted to be like him, but this much? Lol.

Well they had to use someone other than the original voice actor for an adult Renton voice....It's kinda hard to have a female voice actor have a deep enough voice to portray an adult male...

Its kinda iffy whether they should have used the voice actor of Holland or not...but I'm not disappointed by the decision...rather than bringing in some new guy we have never heard before to a series that, despite our best wishes, probably won't have a second season and is ending soon. Id say it was an okay decision on their part.

Anyway, My money is on the Seven Swell that occured in Renton's current time was caused by something that happened during the battle we were just watching getting started...Could be wrong honestly but I just have a feeling Ao fired the gun or something happened with Naru's Nirvash that caused a link between Renton's Time and the Time of the show to be formed.
LolnutSep 27, 2012 2:39 PM
Sep 27, 2012 2:47 PM

Apr 2008
Someone needs to shove a couple of nukes down Truth's throat to shut him up once and for all =_= I was meh about him but this episode, his personality shift to high tier shrieking dementia, was driving me up the wall throughout the episode. Thank god for Renton at the end >_>
Sep 27, 2012 3:28 PM

Jul 2012
So, if they finished this episode like this, we are waiting for 2 special episodes and season 2 (all timelines became one in the end, so it is a kind of intro to s2 I think).
Or maybe I'm wrong...

kayos90 said:

I cannot present to you how bullshit this show is now and how freaking moronic it has become. We all knew it was going horrible after episode 14 but I never thought it would reach this point. Despite the awesome fight scenes, the narrative is absolutely unsalvageable at this point. There is literally no going back and after this episode, it pretty much solidified what direction this show is taking. Everything that people loved about E7 is pretty much shat on all over. The movie was disappointing to many people and even as an anime movie it's disappointing but it's nowhere near the level of disappointment that AO is. It's absolutely horrendous in trying to pace it out. They try to go for revelations when in reality they feel like asspulls, and the greatest asspull has yet to be had until this episode. It's pretty much dumb fanfic that someone wrote and thought it'd be a great idea.

Renton is back but his design is sort of lacking. Sure he's grown and that means he's changed but there is no semblance of what he used to be at all. Other than his face, he's barely recognizeable. His hair style is questionable. His wear is okay, and sure he has swag but he's not Renton-like at all. He's grittier, much more stern. The voice doesn't help since BONES decided to use the same seiyuu as Holland making it even worse. Top this off with some bullshit cameo with the E7 movie and you pretty much have a recipe for disaster. Also Truth IS A FUCKING HORRIBLE VILLAIN. we already knew this but this episode takes it to another level. It's fucking sad.

Yes it is sad...
Sep 27, 2012 4:23 PM
Jul 2012
Well the wait is unfortunate...But Renton was looking for the Quartz Gun...maybe once he finds it he'll complete it and fix all of the things....*shrug*
Sep 27, 2012 5:07 PM
Oct 2011
Darklight0303 said:
Someone needs to shove a couple of nukes down Truth's throat to shut him up once and for all =_= I was meh about him but this episode, his personality shift to high tier shrieking dementia, was driving me up the wall throughout the episode. Thank god for Renton at the end >_>

I'll just post the same thoughts I did over on Animesuki:
Yeah, he's the one real problem holding this show back, it's so frustrating (I thought he was kinda interesting at first when he seemed to be "the guy with all the answers, knowing the world was wrong, like the audience" but he only knew that in an extremely limited sense thanks to the book), with what they gave him he should be a much better villain than he is(!), or a totally different character should have taken his role to make a more scary villain (perhaps a soldier with troops to capture that Dewey-like military villain again).

It's almost like they gave him limitless power and then ended up downplaying his power on every occasion, except in those mid-point Eureka eps, even limiting his screentime instead of actually giving him more of a story and deeper motivation since he had too much power to have more screentime, so he's been left in the middle as neither particularly scary with his huge powers nor particularly involving with any relatability/intriguing plans/whatever. He feels like a "mid-boss" which would be okay I guess if there was going to be a second season with a better villain. With a really compelling villain there'd be a lot less complaining I feel.

Now onto the positives: :)

a_guest said:
So, if they finished this episode like this, we are waiting for 2 special episodes and season 2 (all timelines became one in the end, so it is a kind of intro to s2 I think).
Or maybe I'm wrong...

Kizuka said:
This really made my day....I'm such a renton fan

but F*** they just had to make us wait for 1 month ~_~

Still loving it...even if they cramp the finale...such a renton fan...
really, really, really hope there's going to be a second season right away...if they are taking a one month hiatus I just hope there planning on airing a second season by...oh i don't know...hmmm~ December?>.<

Yeah, I was kind hoping that would happen opening into an S2 enabling them to bring in the old characters in a decent way, so if so I'm really hoping they can get a second season and it's not just going to end up a tease that the two settings could finally be connected physically.

So freaking glad Koji Nakamura was able to use his Storywriter. I thought since he was involved there'd be a good chance he'd choose to use it for a big moment, but until it actually happened it was always only a possibility. That adds yet another awesome music track to this show.

Lolnut said:
AdolChristin said:

Well they had to use someone other than the original voice actor for an adult Renton voice....It's kinda hard to have a female voice actor have a deep enough voice to portray an adult male...

Its kinda iffy whether they should have used the voice actor of Holland or not...but I'm not disappointed by the decision...rather than bringing in some new guy we have never heard before to a series that, despite our best wishes, probably won't have a second season and is ending soon. Id say it was an okay decision on their part.

Anyway, My money is on the Seven Swell that occured in Renton's current time was caused by something that happened during the battle we were just watching getting started...Could be wrong honestly but I just have a feeling Ao fired the gun or something happened with Naru's Nirvash that caused a link between Renton's Time and the Time of the show to be formed.

Yeah I'm totally okay with Holland's VA doing it, another plus is that he's actually a guy who's familiar with the franchise which I think is good as he's joining the cast presumably so late. Also, that's pretty nicely amusing given that yeah Renton wanted to be like Holland :)

I think you're right about the Seven Swell.

Also I totally agree, knowing that episode 23 won't be arriving until November, we all should have guessed this would be a big cliffhanger Renton arrives ep lol just to make the wait even more hard to endure!
DangerMouseDMSep 27, 2012 5:31 PM
Sep 27, 2012 5:22 PM
Feb 2012
Idiot Truth is so full of shit. Dewey Novak was a fucking class of a villain.
Blah, blah, Naru's ridiculuos ears were just "fashion" accessory? lol material
Goddamn, Renton's version of New York looks like a bloody near 100% wasteland.

An average episode with Truth ruining it most of the tme. Renton - was about freakin time... jesus
Sep 27, 2012 5:44 PM
May 2011
I'm sorry if anyone already wrote this but....

Face it Man, this is obviously Renton from E7 Movie timeline not from the series
(no Love-shaped Eureka Renton)
and if i got it wrong cuz the blurred pic, i'm sure there must be a ring around the moon

and

bastek66 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
He's back

Storywriter played when he summoned Nirvash http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrC8z8MK7HI

if you look from this scene, he looks pretty cool

MyPenSep 27, 2012 5:52 PM
Sep 27, 2012 5:48 PM
Jul 2012
MyPen said:
I'm sorry if anyone already wrote this but....

Face it Man, this is obviously Renton from E7 Movie timeline not from the series
(no Love-shaped Eureka Renton)
and if i got it wrong cuz the blurred pic, i'm sure there must be a ring around the moon

and

bastek66 said:
He's back

Storywriter played when he summoned Nirvash http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrC8z8MK7HI

if you look from this scene, he looks pretty cool
http://minus.com/lbxYSVc98KmfkE
http://minus.com/lbznxWHubIioHX
http://minus.com/lbqnOr6kg3QJzb
http://minus.com/ldo4hWhEMJTjC

The only reason I don't believe its from the movie...is think for a moment how the movie actually ended........Then think about this series.........then think about what the Bones Studio said toward the beginning of this series....I do believe this series takes place as a sequel to the TV series. And yes I did notice there was no heart on the moon...but they probably didn't take the time to add that in for the 2 or 3 frames the moon was visible on screen.
Sep 27, 2012 5:56 PM
May 2011
Lolnut said:

The only reason I don't believe its from the movie...is think for a moment how the movie actually ended........Then think about this series.........then think about what the Bones Studio said toward the beginning of this series....I do believe this series takes place as a sequel to the TV series. And yes I did notice there was no heart on the moon...but they probably didn't take the time to add that in for the 2 or 3 frames the moon was visible on screen.

i used Jet Audio to make it play in FPS, and i realize it it would be easy to accept that reason if the ring around the moon Visible

Edit

oh well, i guess the plot probably looked like this
1.Renton(E7 Movie) finally meet AO = some Epic Drama later
2.Renton take over the Quartz Gun and shoot = Tralalalala
3.The World line(E7 Movie) turned back into (E7 Series)

Geez, This Anime turned out to be Prequel and Sequel at the same time, and Spin-off

Eureka Seven:Prequel:Eureka Seven AO:Sequel:Eureka Seven:Related Story:Eureka Seven Movie:Sequel:Eureka Seven AO:Prequel:Eureka Seven Movie

Gah Confusing
MyPenSep 27, 2012 6:04 PM
Sep 27, 2012 6:04 PM

Nov 2007
It was supposed to be the boy vs. Truth, but the boy fell to where the childhood girl is and ... lol~ the long things on her are just decorations!! lol @ dark skinned girl's reaction when seeing that secret on her robot.

IT was older Renton in the end (instead of ED and the real final battle of the boy vs. Truth)?? Fujiwara-san's voice for Renton was so sexy. Does that mean he will be involving in their battle?

I know it's obvious, but since there's a different title for ep.23 and 24 "Eureka Seven AO Kanketsu-hen (エウレカセブンAO 完結編)" at official site, should this be final ep. and make a separate entry for ep.23 and 24, or just keep it in the same entry?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 27, 2012 6:21 PM
Feb 2012
And 完結編 means concluding episode(s). They will really pack a lot of shit in last 2 eps as expected... Good luck with that lol
Sep 27, 2012 7:12 PM

Feb 2012
Renton's Nirvash looks like it has same flying capabilities as Charles Beam's LFO.
In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 27, 2012 7:12 PM

Dec 2009
I knew I would scream like a girl when Renton was going to appear.

And F you Bones for making us wait two months. Or F the Olympic games, I dunno.
Sep 27, 2012 7:24 PM

Feb 2011
It is just me or the grown-up renton was using the Spec-V nirvash and not the Spec3?
Sep 27, 2012 8:13 PM

Sep 2011
Anime_Collector said:
It is just me or the grown-up renton was using the Spec-V nirvash and not the Spec3?

Almost looked like Spec-v, but not sure..
Sep 27, 2012 9:13 PM
Oct 2011
Renton actually says "Seven Swell" towards the end there when he sees the pillars, so that should mean that this is TV series Renton and not movie Renton if I remember correctly.
DangerMouseDMSep 27, 2012 9:20 PM
Sep 27, 2012 10:12 PM
Jul 2012
DangerMouseDM said:
Renton actually says "Seven Swell" towards the end there when he sees the pillars, so that should mean that this is TV series Renton and not movie Renton if I remember correctly.

Bingo! I don't know why so many people feel the movie is relevant to the eureka seven world at all...Different plot, different name for coralians, different everything. It took place in an entirely alternate setting and has nothing to do with the TV series in any way. Bones stated that AO was a sequel to the TV series. Why bother making a whole new design for the nirvash when the eureka seven team had a part in making spec v....so they simply altered the design slightly and you get the nirvash in AO that renton built modeled after the nirvash we saw at the end of the first series(they look a lot alike)
Sep 27, 2012 11:42 PM
Aug 2012
Well haven't watch this episode yet but as far as i have seen AO they only took the mecha designs from the movie but the plot seems to be from the series. Movie was completely different didn't like it that much.

Sep 27, 2012 11:53 PM

Jan 2009
i watch the raw... i can barely understand anything but looks like Renton is gonna go back to the past or AO's timeline to get the quartz gun and fix every distorted timeline and then end of the story

i guess those Seven Swell are time portals
Sep 28, 2012 3:44 AM

Nov 2010
It's not Spec V. Here is how Spec V looks:

Here is how Spec 3 looks:

And here is how the Nirvash looks now:

It actually looks closer to the Spec 3 than the Spec V IMO.

This world is definitely not the movie's world, that just makes no sense at all. I don't know why the heart is missing from the moon, but that was there in the movie too.
AdolChristinSep 28, 2012 4:51 AM
Sep 28, 2012 3:55 AM
Jul 2018
Fuck yeah Renton <3 he's so badass. Since he showed up, I don't mind to wait one month. I never looked forward to this anime, hope at least it will have strong ending. But I really want to know what the hell happened, the world that Renton was in looked so devastated :(
Holland's voice doesn't really suit him but it's ok.
Sep 28, 2012 5:51 AM

Feb 2011
AdolChristin said:

This world is definitely not the movie's world, that just makes no sense at all. I don't know why the heart is missing from the moon, but that was there in the movie too.

the nirvash in the 22nd episode have a want and cross like stuffs.
it is more Spec-V to me than Spec3 :P
Sep 28, 2012 6:08 AM

Feb 2012
Pretty smart of Bones to show Renton at this episode. A last ditch attempt to improve sales.
Sep 28, 2012 7:14 AM

May 2009
Anime_Collector said:
AdolChristin said:

the nirvash in the 22nd episode have a want and cross like stuffs.
it is more Spec-V to me than Spec3 :P

Renton is in 10202, Movie was set in 2053. Stop bullshiting.
bastek66Sep 28, 2012 7:20 AM
Sep 28, 2012 7:38 AM
May 2012
Uh... that wasn't story writer at the end plying with Renton.... ? which song was it? ^_^
Sep 28, 2012 7:56 AM

Feb 2008
I think i may just end up pretending this show never existed at the end of its season. Yeah, that sounds like a plan.

Either that, or acknowledge that everything done in the original Eureka 7 was epicly shat on in AO.
Sep 28, 2012 8:03 AM
Aug 2010
Ah all these people hating and posting crap.

inb4 Renton and Eureka have to die and shit stays canon forever

I'd love to see yoru rage then.

This isn't even remotely bad as what they could've done.
Sep 28, 2012 8:39 AM

Jul 2012
triforcebih said:
Ah all these people hating and posting crap.

inb4 Renton and Eureka have to die and shit stays canon forever

I'd love to see yoru rage then.

This isn't even remotely bad as what they could've done.

So we have to be grateful that it is not as rubbish as it could be? A very interesting point of view.
Sep 28, 2012 8:57 AM

Nov 2010
We don't even know what's happened yet, so how can some people know that this series shits all over the original E7?

I still like this show despite finding the entire main cast boring or annoying. It was nowhere near as good as the first series, sure, but it was still much better than most recent anime. And I really wanted to know what happened with Renton and the others after E7, which ultimately, this show is all about.
Sep 28, 2012 12:27 PM
Sep 28, 2012 12:42 PM
Feb 2012
Only reason, I continued to watch this was for grown up Renton. Otherwise, I can't stand this anime. I absolutely hate the anime, that it makes me want to watch Eureka Seven and pretend Ao didn't ever exist. That way perfect Eureka Seven wouldn't have been ruined.

I just hate the plot. And could Truth get any crazier?

Was that Holland's voice actor for grown up Renton?
Sep 28, 2012 1:01 PM

May 2010
kayos90 said:

show is decent. haters gonna hate.
Sep 28, 2012 1:47 PM
Jul 2012
FUCK YESS i was geaking out when they showed renton holy shit. We got so much plot info in the episode and there HAS TO BE A S2 OR A MOVIE. I had a feeling bones would troll us withshwoing renton then taking a month off fuck. But im still happy. Renton looks a lot like vash from trigun to me. And wasnt that action figure the one he found at his uncles house in e7??? I also liked the musi during the ao truth fight in the beginning. What an awesome friday!!!
Sep 28, 2012 1:48 PM

Mar 2011
Awesome ep.Renton made my day.
Sep 28, 2012 1:50 PM

Mar 2010
Okay so..the olympics postponed the show for awhile.. and now their postponing the final 2 episodes even further? What the fuck, this is stupid.
Sep 28, 2012 1:54 PM
Jul 2012
So Naru didnt grow horns at all... I was wondering wht the fuck those things were. I liked when ao said what the hell is a archetype cuz i really dont know either at this point. So confused. I bet all the old e7 characters died but i hope not. I also just realized renton was using the gun holland gave to him.
Sep 28, 2012 2:02 PM
Feb 2012
AdolChristin said:

My guess is that he's been traveling to other dimensions looking for Eureka.
Sep 28, 2012 2:10 PM

Jun 2012
OMFG! I was like... so there is gonna be a month hiatus i better see something good.

End of the episode, meh classic ending.

Saw "Bellforest" looking area... They're gonna show him
I see the toy he had in season 1. Yep its him
Takes off glasses - You fucking badass!
YEAHHHHHHHHHH!!

Anyways, so I was partially correct on the fact that he has that "white' Nirvash and that I guess Ao's world is causing damage to the original E7 World or the Timeline to some extent. Well, Renton fucking Thurston here he comes!
Sep 28, 2012 2:19 PM

Nov 2011
Epic episode is epic.

I want to see how this final chapter ends but sadly have to wait till late Fall. Oh well, it should be worth the wait especially since you-know-who returned this episode.

^_^
Sep 28, 2012 2:29 PM

Sep 2012
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes exactly what this show needs, but man does it look rough back in their timeline
"Romance can strengthen people, but it can also make them useless."

Deishu Kaiki
Sep 28, 2012 2:31 PM

Jun 2012
Btw. Did they actually play Storywriter? I'm hearing this techno song and Im guessing its a techno-remix of Storywriter.
Sep 28, 2012 2:35 PM

Feb 2012
they made use go thru hell these past 21 eps. but it was FUCKING WORTH IT! RENTON FUCK YEA!
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

156 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode (23 &amp;) 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Nov 19, 2012

433 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 5:07 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 23 Discussion

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2012

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2012

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 3:47 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2012

96 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 12:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.