Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 28, 2013 10:18 AM
Sep 2013
Eucliwood said:
Very nice end, I demand second though!
Totally Agreed.In the first place why did they end at episode 77. Couldn't they end it at 3rd year since they're already 2nd years?
I had wished that cute embarrassed Himeko would've become dumb Bossuns girl though.Chinamini Eucliwood ga daisuki yo. 笑.(^.^)
Feb 6, 2014 2:20 AM

Mar 2013
I originally thought of this Anime as at best being a Poor Man's Gintama, which was high praise in its own right.

However as the show progressed I realized it stood as a Masterpiece on its own. One of the True Greats, and one of the most unfortunate premature anime endings ever.

I will check out chapters 159+ from the manga, even though i generally never read manga. I have checked out a dozen early chapters as is from it, and while i still vastly prefer even a butchered anime over reading its manga, it is still enjoyable.

10/10
Arguably better than Gintama, or at the least roughly Equal.
Mar 3, 2014 10:30 AM
Aug 2007
I really enjoyed this. Pretty sad that it ended tbh.. the final two episodes were a bit rushed IMO but still enjoyable.

9/10 overall

I really grew to liking the three main characters.
Apr 10, 2014 4:00 AM

Nov 2013
Wish there were more episodes, but there's a kind of timelessness with the ending; whenever I think about the series, I still see them going to the club etc. and not 'over' as I see most animes. For the amount of fun this series has been, it definitely deserves a 10/10!
Apr 19, 2014 11:35 AM

Oct 2009
Pretty nice finale. Saaya confessing was great, hopefully Bossun will notice her more now.

As for the series it has its ups and downs, mostly downs. While I really loved the show, there were so many episodes with dry humor and jokes where I hardly cracked a smile...apart from this I loved it, mostly the emotional back-stories. Though I really do hate the forced relationship between Momoko and Switch, if only this was handled properly...maybe its done better in the manga(?) but I don't see any kind of chemistry between the two.

8/10

Hope some day it will return to finish off the manga :/ otherwise, will read the manga.
Jul 21, 2014 1:07 PM

Jun 2012
Eh... I can't say I didn't enjoy it. There were a few great episodes here-and-there, but overall it was mostly a forgettable experience.

7/10
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Jul 31, 2014 1:25 PM

Dec 2012
Aww can't believe I'm done :(
That was a nice final episode tho!
I enjoyed this show a lot~ The main characters were great <3
Sep 25, 2014 1:12 PM
Jul 2018
I'll miss you Sket Dance ;(
8.5/10 ENJOY IT SO MUCH!

Going to read manga
Oct 31, 2014 5:19 PM

Aug 2013
I don't believe this.. how can this be ?? *sniff sniff*
That was an amazing final episode to the series.. Saaya confessing oh my god !! XD
I'm going to miss this anime so much.. why not just adapt everything damn ? ToT
Continuing the manga but will miss the voices.. Himeko's kansai accent.
Nov 14, 2014 5:18 PM

Jul 2014
honestly, i thought this anime could have ended a lot better. this felt more like a casual episode rather than the last of a long-running series. plus, all that bossun x himeko buildup going to waste.
though, this will forever be one of my favorite anime
Jan 5, 2015 6:06 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Goddamit i want MOAAAAAAAAAAAR
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 19, 2015 6:29 PM

Apr 2014
Nice little way to end it off there. I'll miss this series.

Sket Dance has been compared over and over again to Gintama, but I honestly believe that this series doesn't deserve all that hate for being the "poor man's Gintama". For a high-school based odd jobs setting, this anime delivers what it's supposed to. Stories about friendship, romance, studying, and even stories about nothing important- all while sticking to comedy. Although it's not as if all the jokes made me laugh until my stomach hurt, I can say with confidence that it's been a great time putting off my own studying to watch Sket Dance. As always, characters are important when it comes to my personal enjoyment, and some of their personalities are definitely ones I'll never forget. It's sad that I'm pretty much saying goodbye to this series since I'll probably never read the manga... but I suppose "all good things must come to an end", or something. As I say my farewells to one gag anime, I say hello to another on April 8.
There were some ups and downs, yet overall: it's been a great ride, Sket Dance.

9/10
May 27, 2015 12:45 AM

Mar 2015
Well.... very great ending episode, from first episode and to this last episode which is Teppei and Jougsaki are quite fine already like from the start being enemy and finally from the last being friends already :).

Speaking of the Characters in relationship... I didn't see much romance at all :/
from Bossun and Saaya. and from Switch and Momoko... my reaction is like very lacking love :/

Since Saaya says to Bossun " I like you", AW COME ON CAN YOU JUST SAY "I love you" my oh my *facepalm*

Oh well, after that episode there's an OVA which is all about Saaya's relationship and FINALLY *sighs deep* Saaya and Boussun are officially in love -.-

And I'm very disappoint one more character didn't appear which is Himeko talks about her much, a character named Nakatani

DAMN I WANT ANOTHER SEASON PLS >:(( THIS IS REALLY COOL AND FUNNY ANIME OF SKET DANCE! Y___Y
TuscavoirMay 27, 2015 12:52 AM
May 29, 2015 8:18 AM

Aug 2014
Even though the comedy isn't on par with Gintama, I would say the emotions are on par, hell I dare say even better than Gintama's. Don't really get the people who call it a poor mans Gintama, I love both of them equally much and find it a shame Sket Dance is done now...10/10 for sure! Atleast I'll still have some Gintama to watch I guess...
Jun 11, 2015 6:32 PM

May 2012
Very lovely ending if you ask me, especially as I didn't expect the confession at the end but IMO that just made it great!

At first I didn't had high hopes for this series as people mentioned this was worse than Gintama and I actually didn't really enjoyed the humor of Gintama that much, however compared to this I must say that I really prefer Sket Dance a lot more than Gintama pretty much in all categories.

The character development, humor and overall pacing was also a lot better. While it didn't start as funny as I wanted after a couple episodes this sure got a lot better and especially near the ending they got real great!

What I especially didn't expect from this series was the immense emotional backstories of the three main characters which were really well executed.

All in all I really enjoyed this series! Up to the ova and the specials!
Jan 23, 2016 12:34 AM

Nov 2015
Saaya is satisfied at last. 'Baby Bossum' ,hehe.... well, I also think him to be a innocent baby >__<
As usual I would say this episode was a very grand one!
Overall this show was a masterpiece! I give 10/10
Want a season 2!!!
Feb 13, 2016 10:53 PM
Feb 2016
Man... I really want this anime to have a second season but everybody forgot about SKET Dance T_T
Mar 18, 2016 6:17 AM

Oct 2012
Support
Kindness
Encouragement
Troubleshoot
I'll remember those for the rest of my life :)

Time to read the manga I guess
"Signature removed"
Mar 30, 2016 11:46 AM

Sep 2013
Pretty alright last ep. They certainly packed a lot into the last ep, but somehow it didn't feel too rushed. If the manga has more character development I'll definitely read it since the characters are all pretty likable. The ending being a mashup of all the previous openings was a nice touch. I'll miss this anime for sure.
Apr 9, 2016 3:21 AM
Mar 2016
More bossun x himeko will be better ):
May 29, 2016 9:44 AM

Mar 2016
Sadly. last episode and after that no season 2. but better/bitter ending.
My Profile
Anime
Manga
osu! Profile
No Picture Available for me... lol.
Oct 31, 2016 11:51 PM

Jan 2016
Bossun x Himeko Ftw... 9/10
Oct 11, 2017 10:54 PM
Oct 2017
For someone who know this anime from gintama.. at first i found it kinda boring as they plot and character look-a-like but as the episode going this show has it own comedy as the character build up.. but here i list all i thought how the sket dance was very similar to gintama:
1. Trio
2. girl is more powerful than man (Himeko = Kagura)
3. spectacle boy who obsessed towards otaku and singer (switch = shinpachi)
4. eye google (Bossun = Gintoki) *note that actually gintoki wear eye google on the manga.
5. calling people name with false pronunciation (Jougasaki = Katsura)
Dec 4, 2018 8:42 AM

Jul 2011
Oh well..

They finally included cheap love drama too

Ok
May 27, 2020 2:03 AM

Feb 2019
The show was amazing I enjoyed all of it, tho wanted more of it all there characters were great Saaya was well made tsundere and all the cast glad they showed Teppei but I had wish to see Nakatani-san lol, guess I'll move to manga then.

Overall 9/10
May 26, 2021 2:01 AM

Oct 2014
Its rare to find an anime this long yet so consistent. Each episode is worth it. Now that Saya confess to Bossun, I think she is in the lead. And knowing Himeko, she will not try to steal Bossun from her. She will rather accept defeat than hurting Saya.

Good anime. I'm late watching this btw yet its still great.

9/10
Jul 8, 2021 6:37 AM

Jul 2017
Although the finale is mostly original except the confession parts, it felt satisfying enough for me to end the anime experience here. This anime was great the first 2 times I saw it, but this 3rd watch really opened up more of a personal connection between me and the characters in this series to new heights. Some episodes were hit-miss, but overall, this anime was such an awesome experience as a whole with lovable characters, hilarious and depressing moments, great, subtle development and much more. Amazing show, and while Gintama's better for me, the gap is closed pretty much now to bare minimum amounts of difference. 9.6/10.
Dec 13, 2021 12:42 AM
Aug 2010
I liked the anime much more than I thought. I really cannot get into Gintama for some reason, the comedy is pretty meh there for me and it took quite a bit that I got warm with SKET Dance as well. But it got better and better over time for me and after 77 episodes I still want more, which is pretty rare these days. Some episodes were pretty meh or boring, the serious episodes were pretty good and the a decent of amount were super fun to watch. So I give it overall a very low 9 (8.5/10) In the end there wasn't a single character I disliked, the only one annoyed me a bit is Bossuns sister, cause for some reason I really hated the VA and normally I never complain about japanese voice acting. Sadly I doubt SD will get a sequel in the next few years
Mar 12, 2022 12:43 PM

Nov 2016
These trikots are iconic af.

You know, if a tsundere can change, then I believe in Usami too. Pretty fitting episode for a finale. It had a bit of everything and no characters were left out aside from the fugly trio, Enigman and his assistant and a few others, lol.

A shame that this was the final episode of the TV series and that there's still no sequel 10 years later.

8,5/10

Gotta love a chaotic school comedy

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 13, 2022 11:22 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty much the wrapup-episode you would expect for this kinda show, trying to squeeze in as many characters as possible.

SKET Dance was much better than I thought it would be, especially for such a long show. The main characters were really fun to watch and the comedy especially in the first half hit more often than not. The student council took some time to grow on me, but all the Bossun/Himeko interactions made more than up for that. Now to finish the OVA and wrap this up.
7/10
Jan 27, 2023 5:49 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
At least Saaya confessed compared to Himeko, so I give her that, but a bit sad that nothing officially conclude, I wished for more eps but 77 is already a good amount so I won't complaint, was a really good series overall, watched it because I wanted something similar to Gintama, of course the comedy isn't on the same level because Gintama is too legendary for that but it was still really fun overall and they handled the serious episodes especially the backstory of the main characters very well. 8/10
Mar 11, 2023 8:02 PM

Dec 2019
What an enjoyable ride, gonna miss best girl Himeko and President's "kakakah" laugh. Bossun didn't even bother answer her confession which was so funny and awkward lmao. I honestly thought every episode after the school trip arc were forgettable and unfunny but I respect the studio for adapting the chapters correctly. I'm praying Himeko gets together with Katou cause she deserves a boyfriend!!
Nov 17, 2023 6:36 AM
Jul 2023
why did it have to finish
Feb 19, 12:30 PM
Mar 2023
Melhor de anime de comédia já feito pela humanidade, qm discordar, discorda
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Really underated

Ilhan391 - Jul 5, 2022

11 by Ridzaxster »»
Feb 2, 6:20 AM

» SKET Dance Season 3?

DGFlow - Apr 22, 2013

25 by Current_Aqua »»
Dec 26, 2023 6:32 AM

» Help: SKET Dance filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Dec 25, 2023

1 by Zizike »»
Dec 25, 2023 9:52 PM

Poll: » SKET Dance Episode 41 Discussion

Andromeda - Jan 19, 2012

38 by Vindicater »»
Nov 18, 2023 5:50 AM

Poll: » SKET Dance Episode 39 Discussion

Andromeda - Jan 5, 2012

46 by Vindicater »»
Nov 9, 2023 3:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.