Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2012 7:46 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty long, almost 30 mins.

First minutes is about the Class Skills. Secondary knowledge but nice to be refreshed once again. The 3 Knight Classes are the ones that matter though.

Lancelot in his original look. Nice.
Okiayu Ryotaro spoke a lot here. He's making up for it I guess, he just screamed and grunted in the main series, with a few lines at the very end of the show.
And wow, pretty much most if not all the development about Lancelot and Saber's conflict was in here. The ones that were missing in the anime. It's a nice treat.

Second half got serious a bit quick. Since when did this have a plot?
It was okay though. Iri still can't escape her demise. Such is the fate of the Einzbern women. Good thing it was put to an end in F/SN. Still... Iri ;_;

The passing of the torch, or in this case, the dojo sign. Only those who played the VN would really appreciate this whole BD specials more than anime-only viewers. I sure did.
Good run overall.
Oct 11, 2012 10:09 PM

Apr 2012
So... the woman Lancelot loved in the past was not King Arthur's wife but actually Saber?
Affinity to MAL
Anime: 47.35%
Manga: 46.36%
Nov 27, 2012 9:13 PM

Aug 2008
The first half was so funny and silly, but the second half was so serious and sad ;_; Poor Iri, and who would have thought Ze-chan is actually Taiga herself? I totally lol'd when Ze-chan mentioned Kajiura music, though.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Feb 15, 2013 10:16 AM

Jan 2012
Emiya took a liking to Taiga because she reminded of Shirley. And young Taiga sure looks cute :)
Feb 15, 2013 5:56 PM

May 2012
10ZHAbin said:
So... the woman Lancelot loved in the past was not King Arthur's wife but actually Saber?

its actually king arthur's wife Guinevere(therefore saber is a lesbian ^^).. in real history king arthur is a male.

wanna watch king arthur T_T

Feb 15, 2013 10:47 PM

Jan 2012
I learned so much from this series. Last episode was too long though

Tiger/Zero out of 10.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Feb 16, 2013 11:20 AM

Aug 2012
Great Ending, one of the best specials I've watched.

Btw, where are those Saber x Guinevere doujinshi? There ought to be some of them.
Feb 16, 2013 5:04 PM
Mar 2012
kayserlein said:
Great Ending, one of the best specials I've watched.

Btw, where are those Saber x Guinevere doujinshi? There ought to be some of them.

That needs to happen.
Feb 16, 2013 5:51 PM

Jan 2011
Even a special has the typical Type-Moon bittersweet ending.
Feb 17, 2013 5:34 AM
Sep 2010
The "The Life of a Hopeless Man, Kariya" part was hilarious.

Also, After Iri explained the true purpose of the consultation room I realized that the guest servants came there in the same order as they died in the series.
Feb 17, 2013 9:50 AM

Mar 2009
> Taiga knew all along about, well, everything.

NASUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
Feb 17, 2013 11:00 AM

Apr 2011
Maximum trolling! :D
I liked this episode a lot. Seeing Lance's backstory and shedding some light on his relationship with Saber was very nice, but the best part, definitely, was about Matou Kariya. I almost chocked laughing - that music!
Feb 17, 2013 2:36 PM

Jan 2008
Things took a serious turn at the end there...

when she was a middle schooler on a hill at the outskirts of town, after a near-death experience, which would also explain how she was able to survive the Fuyuki Fire, being away at the time, and appearing in the epilogue of Fate/Zero swinging around a shinai. Even giving her a possible reason for becoming a teacher.

Although with how much these extras break the 4th wall by having shout-outs to the voice actors, I'm amazed at how nicely it fits into the story and fills a few plot-holes.

The only thing I didn't get was why Sakura's dark side made an appearance sucking in Assassin in a previous extra episode.
Feb 17, 2013 3:51 PM
Jan 2011
ah man i didn't expect things to get that serious and sad in a episode special. still good though, I laughed at the number of titles Kariya was given by Lancelot (haha Pedophile)

only 2 questions remains for me.

1. who was that figure that Zecchan keeps having nightmares of and was saved at the end?

2. what was Iri thinking of doing with Berserker by wearing a swimsuit underneath!?

hearing Lancelot's back story with Saber, makes me wish they make a King Arturia backstory special! hahaha
Feb 18, 2013 11:12 PM

Jun 2011
4kicks said:

The only thing I didn't get was why Sakura's dark side made an appearance sucking in Assassin in a previous extra episode.

That's not sakura dark side, that's Iri who have corrupted Holy Grail inside her body. if in FSN that's Sakura in this case is Iri ^^

and now we know why taiga have a dojo and take Ilya as his student :D
Feb 19, 2013 6:51 PM

Nov 2009
So... how much in the future was Zecchan from?
Feb 27, 2013 2:12 PM

Aug 2011
Just watched all the specials from the Fate\Zero Blu rays, and it's easily one of the best specials I have seen.

Great to see some servants like Lancer, Caster, Assassin and Berserker to scream their chest out in these specials and it was quite fun. Caster with normal eyes does look less creepier, Berserk finally get to have a decent dialogue without having to Roar or grunt every 5 seconds, Lancer finally understand what the wrong he did and Assassin...well.

I was kinda curious to know what Zecchan's true identity was, but the end pretty much told itself, and this is how Taiga's tiger dojo starts alongside Ilyasviel, Irisviel's daughter, which of course she told Zecchan to take care of her. Then I immediately understood who it might be, and at the end we see a glimp of a dojo, and for those who have played the FSN Visual Novel will recognize that immediately. xD

Fun watch, great to see Irisviel to our content and was worthy of Fate\Zero.
Mar 5, 2013 3:56 AM

Nov 2010
Long episode, what a surprise at the end.
Zecchan = Tiger! \o/
Apr 24, 2013 5:54 AM

Feb 2011
"A pairing as happy as them has been very rare in the four Grail Wars so far."

If you count 'happy' as one of them being dead. XD;

'Fanbooks of them will be sexy."

xDDD

I wonder how many doujinshi there are, anyway? I've only seen fanart.

Lol, strip each other, what, Iri...

Poor Berserker...and Kariya. ^^;

Aw, was Lancelot in love with his 'King'? I wonder what Gwen was like?

*whispers* Iri is ドS.
眠れないのは君のせい
Apr 24, 2013 5:57 AM

Aug 2009
Chouninatte said:
"A pairing as happy as them has been very rare in the four Grail Wars so far."

If you count 'happy' as one of them being dead. XD;

'Fanbooks of them will be sexy."

xDDD

I wonder how many doujinshi there are, anyway? I've only seen fanart.

Lol, strip each other, what, Iri...

Poor Berserker...and Kariya. ^^;

Aw, was Lancelot in love with his 'King'? I wonder what Gwen was like?

*whispers* Iri is ドS.
No,Lancelot was in love with Guinevere/Gwen
Oct 25, 2013 6:32 PM

Jun 2007
Irisviel: "You've simply forgotten that you are already dead."
Zecchan: "You wa shock nano desu!"
Oct 29, 2013 11:01 AM

Jan 2013
This was really enjoyable. More info for the series and fanservice at its best. I had a feeling it was Taiga. The shot of the dojo at the end was great.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Mar 14, 2014 3:09 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Best specials I ever watched! Seriously, if all specials were so good as this, more people would buy the DVD/blu rays 4 sure!!
Mar 28, 2014 8:42 AM

Jan 2011
did not expect such a twist, and Zecchan is Tiger-sensei
Aug 25, 2014 4:42 AM

Oct 2009
Wow, this unexpectedly became one of the best specials out there! Only someone who has played the VN can truly appreciate this.

So then Saber is Bisexual???
Finally shed some light on Lancelot and Iri... :(

Loved it, due to nostalgic reasons I feel like giving this a 8/10 :')
Sep 16, 2014 6:11 PM

Oct 2012
Better than actual ending. Taiga for the win!

Aozure said:
So then Saber is Bisexual???

I would say it was different kind of love. That's also one of the reasons why Guinevere cheated her with Lancelot.
Mich666Sep 16, 2014 6:23 PM
Nov 17, 2014 3:27 PM

Sep 2012
More people need to watch this. Seriously.
Nov 18, 2014 12:27 AM

Mar 2013
Xawddre said:
1. who was that figure that Zecchan keeps having nightmares of and was saved at the end?

But you'll learn more about him once the Heaven's Feel movie comes out.

As for the people saying Saber was a lesbian, it's like the above post points out: it was a different kind of love. The marriage was to continue the image of Saber being a man, so there likely wasn't any "interaction" in the way people seem to be thinking.
Dec 13, 2014 8:06 AM

Dec 2012
I'm surprised by the end ! She was Tiger, nice ending. It's sad to Iri but it is her fate.
Wonderful OVAs, I really appreciated these.
May 30, 2015 4:31 PM

Nov 2010
Is this supposed to lead somewhere?

EDIT: OMG that was Taiga! XD
Jun 29, 2015 5:00 AM

Apr 2013
pretty awesome. quite a bit of additional info and explanations in these specials, expanded berserker back story

and its own story aswell.

also
Jul 9, 2015 4:39 PM

Aug 2009
xSanox said:
pretty awesome. quite a bit of additional info and explanations in these specials, expanded berserker back story

and its own story aswell.

also

ahh... didn't even catch that, that explains student No.0

agree that this is one of the best special/commentary episodes out there

shed a few manly tears at the end... guess i like F/Z and Iri too much

Kajiura/10
May 11, 2016 4:05 PM

Nov 2015

So, after my first re-watch I finally got all the references to FSN VN with Taiga!

Awww, they took Iri away... AGAIN! T_T

There's this thing I still do not understand...why does Iri say that the love of her life betrayed her? =/ I don't understand that! Kerry would never betray her... in fact, he wanted to retreat from the war just to stay with her and Illya...

Anyway, Taiga's end looked so touching (but in reality is silly xD). I'm glad that I understand know even when I've never used the Taiga Dojo en FSN VN. Is the Einzbern Dojo sign there? I mean, for real?? =O

I hate how I now have more questions than the first time I watched it! (My first time was after F/Z and I have not watched any FSN or played the VN, and I'm currently playing UBW, HF is pending)

And guys, no... Saber is not a lesbian... get your horny assess under control (jajaja I can't believe I said that)
HumbertoZeroMay 11, 2016 4:17 PM
May 30, 2016 8:02 AM

Oct 2014
Holy shit, she was Fuji-nee all along!
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Sep 7, 2016 11:32 PM

Jun 2016
Was not.. prepared.. for the feels :')

Heh, I liked this as much as F/Z. I think Nasuverse is at its best when it doesn't take itself too seriously.
Nov 4, 2018 2:13 PM

Feb 2015
The origin of Taiga dojo... I almost feel like replaying them all again.
Dec 18, 2018 3:03 AM
Jul 2013
That was so much more than i've bargained for. Not only was it fun and expanding on the original, they also managed to fit a story with a conclusion of its own.
Dec 21, 2018 6:07 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, not even in the Specials, Iri can be completely happy :/

Anyway, these Special were great. I really liked every one of them. They were both informative and funny at the same time so in that way, the explanations wouldn't feel too overwhelming. And since I love Taiga, it was all a plus.

Also not to mention that since I'm rewatching this and playing the VN at the current time, I can really appreciate the connection they made with Taiga, the dojo and Illya becoming Student N°1 :D Overall, great Specials. 7/10

P.S.: That bulling on Kariya tho... poor man.
Feb 1, 2019 12:20 PM
Jul 2018
Loved it, I did not expect it to be this good tbh. The best BD shorts I've seen actually. And even Berserker got his character explored here to compensate for the lack in Zero, wow.
Jun 19, 2019 8:51 AM

Dec 2018
Wonder why Saber didn't come here, she's one of the servant in the F0 that are potrayed to had many troubles and regrets.

Pretty much a nice piece of puzzle to fit after watching F0.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jun 19, 2019 9:31 AM

Oct 2014
Kish0 said:
Wonder why Saber didn't come here, she's one of the servant in the F0 that are potrayed to had many troubles and regrets.

iri said that this is the inside of the grail, and since berserker just arrived here, this episode takes place after his defeat by saber

saber was never absorbed by the grail, that's why she doesn't appear
Jun 19, 2019 4:46 PM

Dec 2018
Shayon said:
Kish0 said:

iri said that this is the inside of the grail, and since berserker just arrived here, this episode takes place after his defeat by saber

I see, but Saber disappear after destroying the grail, why is that?
Jun 20, 2019 12:20 AM

Oct 2014
Kish0 said:
Shayon said:

during the grail war, both the grail and the master and are what keep a servant materialized in this world. with the grail destroyed, that's one less thing keeping Saber around

also, Saber wasn't exactly in top condition after fighting Berserker and Gil back to back, and being forced to use her noble phantasm on top of that, she didn't have enough magical energy to maintain herself any longer after the grail's destruction, and her master had also used up magical energy fighting Kirei

it's possible for a master to maintain a servant after the war, but the amount of magical energy required is normally beyond the capabilities of one mage, so they need a method to obtain magical energy from somewhere else
Jun 20, 2019 2:08 AM

Dec 2018
Shayon said:
Kish0 said:

during the grail war, both the grail and the master and are what keep a servant materialized in this world. with the grail destroyed, that's one less thing keeping Saber around

also, Saber wasn't exactly in top condition after fighting Berserker and Gil back to back, and being forced to use her noble phantasm on top of that, she didn't have enough magical energy to maintain herself any longer after the grail's destruction, and her master had also used up magical energy fighting Kirei

it's possible for a master to maintain a servant after the war, but the amount of magical energy required is normally beyond the capabilities of one mage, so they need a method to obtain magical energy from somewhere else

So,Servants only get absored into the grail when they're defeated in battle ?
Jun 20, 2019 5:50 AM

Oct 2014
Kish0 said:
Shayon said:

yes, any servants that die during the war turn into energy inside the grail. but the grail doesn't hold them forever, their spiritual cores will eventually be released and return to where they originally came from, the throne of heroes

the Throne of Heroes exists outside the world and outside of time, and it's where the Heroic Spirits are summoned from

during a grail war, a copy of a Heroic Spirit is created and gets summoned as a servant, with one of the 7 classes being a vessel to contain it's power
Jun 20, 2019 7:13 AM

Dec 2018
Shayon said:
Kish0 said:

yes, any servants that die during the war turn into energy inside the grail. but the grail doesn't hold them forever, their spiritual cores will eventually be released and return to where they originally came from, the throne of heroes

the Throne of Heroes exists outside the world and outside of time, and it's where the Heroic Spirits are summoned from

during a grail war, a copy of a Heroic Spirit is created and gets summoned as a servant, with one of the 7 classes being a vessel to contain it's power

The Throne of Heroes,huh? Irisviel seems need to learn more. Thx by the way.
Aug 18, 2019 1:15 PM

Sep 2014
This sure got darker in the later half, wasn't expecting feels ._.
Gonna miss that lovey-dovey Iri and Ze chan.
Jun 14, 2020 1:33 AM

Apr 2020
Well, now we know the backstory of the ultimate "Tiger dojo".

Also, the thing is that Taiga was originally "studying" under Irisviels fon Ainsbern, but later in F/SN we see Illya, her daughter, studying under Taiga... Damn man, those feels...
[right]=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=
Aug 5, 2021 11:25 PM

Feb 2019
One of the best specials I've ever seen. Was not expecting things to turn serious in the second half, but it was actually quite sad. More so because I love Irisviel so much ;_;

I've become even more confused. I thought the Irisviel that Kiritsugu met in either the last or second last episode was not Irisviel, but a mere image of her created by the Grail (Angra Manyu or something). But it seems here she says that her lover, who I assume is Kiritsugu, betrayed her? But by the end of it, she seems to have come to terms with it.

As someone who hasn't watched the Saber or Rin routes and only watched the trilogy of Sakura's route, I didn't really know who Taiga was since she wasn't that covered in the trilogy. So with the knowledge of this special, I hope I'll get a better understanding of Taiga as I watch the other series.

But again, that was quite sad...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Zero: Onegai! Einzbern Soudanshitsu Episode 1 Discussion

belatkuro - Mar 30, 2012

24 by Karva1 »»
Feb 19, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero: Onegai! Einzbern Soudanshitsu Episode 3 Discussion

Falcomster - Apr 1, 2012

30 by Shikkakku »»
Aug 4, 2021 10:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero: Onegai! Einzbern Soudanshitsu Episode 5 Discussion

belatkuro - Sep 25, 2012

21 by nerfx »»
Aug 18, 2019 12:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero: Onegai! Einzbern Soudanshitsu Episode 2 Discussion

belatkuro - Mar 30, 2012

17 by nerfx »»
Aug 17, 2019 1:00 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero: Onegai! Einzbern Soudanshitsu Episode 4 Discussion

belatkuro - Sep 25, 2012

26 by Kish0 »»
Jun 19, 2019 7:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.