Forum Settings
Forums

Robot Manga 'Majestic Prince' To Be Animated [Update Oct 6]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 25, 2012 3:37 PM

Jun 2011
Downgrade355 said:

Look at those boobs.

I suspect multiple shower/bath scenes will happen with that chick. Or at least some Gainaxing when she's in the mecha.

Glorious. I'm so totally looking forward to that.
Sep 25, 2012 3:46 PM

Feb 2012
Will try...

No PV yet? :|
Sep 25, 2012 3:46 PM

Jul 2011
... I looked at the drawings and thought shoujo....

Anyways, might watch. Depends on alot of things.

I'm out the moment fan service pops in though.
Sep 25, 2012 3:49 PM
Jul 2009
Sanguis said:

I suspect multiple shower/bath scenes will happen with that chick. Or at least some Gainaxing when she's in the mecha.

Oh yeah, they do. One of the chapter open with color page showing one of the girls taking a bath. Not the one on the picture though. Another one showed many of the girls form the academy showering. There won't be a lack of fanservice for this one.
Koshi_InabaSep 25, 2012 3:53 PM
Sep 25, 2012 4:07 PM

Apr 2011
I'll keep an eye on this.
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Sep 25, 2012 4:11 PM

Sep 2011
MM-Rosiie said:
... I looked at the drawings and thought shoujo....

Anyways, might watch. Depends on alot of things.

I'm out the moment fan service pops in though.

I think there is a reason it's called "Fan-service".

Sanguis said:

If my eyes didn't deceive me, i think there's already a preview picture of a bath scene on the site. i believe there are also several girls providing fanservice lol.

It's Getbackers's mangaka, so that's a plus for me also.
Sep 25, 2012 5:07 PM

Feb 2012
Koshi_Inaba said:
Sanguis said:

Oh yeah, they do. One of the chapter open with color page showing one of the girls taking a bath. Not the one on the picture though. Another one showed many of the girls form the academy showering. There won't be a lack of fanservice for this one.
I'm sold already lol.
Sep 25, 2012 6:08 PM

Feb 2012
j0x said:
Vyudali said:
So it's about dudes instead? Finally. I was getting bored of females piloting everything.

Although the name makes me think it's some shoujo. That's just way to fru fru for a mecha series.

you have not seen Star Driver? it looks somewhat gay but definitely a good and enjoyable mecha show
Nope. Perhaps there's something wrong with me, but judging from various Google images, it looks less gay than the picture posted in this thread of Majestic Prince.
Those cutesy character designs.
Sep 25, 2012 7:22 PM

Jun 2009
DraconisMarch said:
notsureifsrs said:
DraconisMarch said:
So another anime with no excuse for the pilots being a bunch of teenagers.
"artificially raised and trained to be pilots of armed robots"

You keep on trucking, bro.
So like I said. They have to be teenagers. Naturally.
Personally I would have liked them to be a little older...

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Sep 25, 2012 8:53 PM

Jul 2012
Genetically engineered children?! This could have some interesting premises...

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Sep 25, 2012 10:45 PM

Jan 2009
PhantomEX said:
In what way is this like Gundam? lol You've obviously never payed attention to Gundam's general plot

err right you obviously did not know about NewTypes/Coordinators/Innovators/X-Rounders/etc that are genetically modified humans to adapt well to outer space and space exploration

5camp said:

Everyone knows the best mecha anime are also the gayest

the best mecha shows are not gay they are simply GAR!!! like GaoGaiGar and Gurren Lagann
Sep 25, 2012 10:51 PM

Nov 2011
I personally think we need more shoujo mecha shows. The only ones that come to mind are Magic Knight Rayearth and Escaflowne- Both are from the 90's as well. I can't think of ANY from the 2000's. I know there's some shoujo space shows like Moretsu Pirates, but that's not a mech show.

In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but from looking around a bit, I think those two may very well be the ONLY shoujo mecha anime in existence.

Edit: Found a third, but it looks pretty horrendous. http://myanimelist.net/anime/2288/Cyberteam_in_Akihabara
AmberlehSep 25, 2012 11:00 PM
Sep 25, 2012 11:09 PM

Jan 2009
Amberleh said:
I personally think we need more shoujo mecha shows. The only ones that come to mind are Magic Knight Rayearth and Escaflowne- Both are from the 90's as well. I can't think of ANY from the 2000's. I know there's some shoujo space shows like Moretsu Pirates, but that's not a mech show.

In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but from looking around a bit, I think those two may very well be the ONLY shoujo mecha anime in existence.

Edit: Found a third, but it looks pretty horrendous. http://myanimelist.net/anime/2288/Cyberteam_in_Akihabara

their is also Infinite Stratos and Rinne No Lagrange and Star Drive satisfy both male and female audiences too
Sep 26, 2012 1:20 AM

Nov 2011
j0x said:
Amberleh said:

their is also Infinite Stratos and Rinne No Lagrange and Star Drive satisfy both male and female audiences too

Erm.

Infinite Stratos is a HAREM. No, it does not satisfy a female audience. There are some women who like harems, but I would not say it is equally geared at men and women. It is very clearly meant for men. There are no harems made for women, just as there are no reverse harems made for men.

Rinne looks like it has alot of fan service. I think it's safe to say it's geared at men.

While Star Driver is made by some of the people who made the classic masterpiece shoujo known as Utena, it still looks harem-esque to me. I could be wrong on that one however.

For an example of a mech show geared at both men and women... Well, you've obviously seen Gurren Lagann. While it does have a little fanservice, Gainax subtly combined elements of shoujo and josei into it as well, making it very accessable to both genders regardless of what their preferences may be. This is one reason it doesn't have a demographic tag, where Star Dirver and Infinite Stratos both say Shounen and Magic Knight Rayearth and Escaflowne both say shoujo. =)

I think Gundam Wing had a pretty good spread of male and female viewers as well because the boys were all pretty. Mmm Duo.
Sep 26, 2012 1:27 AM

Jan 2009
@Amberleh

no i think you will like Rinne no Lagrange it has no ecchi at all its just friendship thing with Mechas piloted by Girls as what you have wanted
Sep 26, 2012 5:00 PM

Jun 2012
Saw the word Majestic, now who can refuse that.
Sep 26, 2012 10:49 PM

Sep 2012
Why make futile wild guesses when you can check what the original manga is like??

http://www.heros-web.com/works/majestic.html
(the video has AKB48's Yuko reading the manga)

The first chapter to free to browse
http://www.heros-web.com/works/viewer/majestic_001/index.html
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 27, 2012 10:21 AM

Jan 2010
more sci-fi & robots ^___^
Sep 27, 2012 1:42 PM

Sep 2011
Amberleh said:

Erm.

Infinite Stratos is a HAREM. No, it does not satisfy a female audience. There are some women who like harems, but I would not say it is equally geared at men and women. It is very clearly meant for men. There are no harems made for women, just as there are no reverse harems made for men.

Rinne looks like it has alot of fan service. I think it's safe to say it's geared at men.

While Star Driver is made by some of the people who made the classic masterpiece shoujo known as Utena, it still looks harem-esque to me. I could be wrong on that one however.

For an example of a mech show geared at both men and women... Well, you've obviously seen Gurren Lagann. While it does have a little fanservice, Gainax subtly combined elements of shoujo and josei into it as well, making it very accessable to both genders regardless of what their preferences may be. This is one reason it doesn't have a demographic tag, where Star Dirver and Infinite Stratos both say Shounen and Magic Knight Rayearth and Escaflowne both say shoujo. =)

I think Gundam Wing had a pretty good spread of male and female viewers as well because the boys were all pretty. Mmm Duo.

Gurren lagann has shoujo and josei elements in it? I think you watched the wrong show.
Gurren lagann's demographic is Shounen, according to Dengeki Daioh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dengeki_Daioh
Downgrade355Sep 27, 2012 1:49 PM
Sep 27, 2012 1:59 PM

Sep 2012
Amberleh said:

Rinne does not really have that much fan service. There are some mild fan service but quite a lot are just moe traits inherent in the character design (like clumsy girl, big chested girl etc). Because of that, the anime indeed attracts more female audience than the usual robot shows. Besides the focus of the story on the bonds and friendship of the 3 heroines is a story that female audience can identify.
Amberleh said:

Star Driver is definitely strong on female audience (as far as robot shows go) as there are quite a number of cool-looking male characters there. The robot design even looks a bit feminine too.
symbvSep 27, 2012 2:15 PM

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 27, 2012 2:10 PM

Sep 2011
jmal said:
Downgrade355 said:
Gurren lagann's demographic is Shounen, according to Dengeki Daioh.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dengeki_Daioh

That's the manga adaptation. The anime is original, and thus does not have an official shounen/shoujo/seinen/josei demographic label. I agree, of course, that TTGL's creators no doubt anticipated a majority (but not exclusively) male audience. I just wouldn't point to the manga adaptation as definitive proof.

Yeah i know, and i'm not saying there are no female viewers for Gurenn lagann, i'd look like an idiot if i said that, but seriously, Josei/Shoujo elements in Gurenn lagann? Does not compute lol.
Sep 27, 2012 2:25 PM

Sep 2011
jmal said:
Sounds odd to me too, but I'd need to hear more about what elements the poster had in mind. Perhaps it was just an unusual choice of words to describe the rather intensely emotional romantic relationships and strong female presence. Can't speak for that person.

But those aren't necessarily associated with Shoujo/Josei.
Though i'd also rather hear it from the poster too, what they meant with Shoujo and Josei elements that is lol.
Sep 27, 2012 3:21 PM

Sep 2011
jmal said:
That was my point. Shoujo, especially, gets thrown around a lot even for shows that are heavily male-targeted. People often use it as shorthand to describe things that are not inherently more prevalent in typical shoujo manga than manga for other demographics.

that's common on here, and i've seen many examples to be frank, and it's not Shoujo lol.
Oct 6, 2012 2:11 AM

Feb 2008
Update Oct 6
Title: Ginga Kikotai Majestic Prince

Staff
Director: Motonaga Keitaro
Character Design: Hirai Hisashi
Series Composition & Script: Yoshida Reiko
Production Studios: Dogakobo, Orange (CGI of "Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito")

Key visual (scan of Newtype)
Oct 6, 2012 2:16 AM

Feb 2012
Goodluck to them~
Oct 10, 2012 6:37 AM

Sep 2012
WOW!!!
http://youtu.be/ywxoFz05R3g

Oct 10, 2012 3:49 PM

Feb 2012
symbv said:
WOW!!!
http://youtu.be/ywxoFz05R3g

Wow looks good :O
Jan 9, 2013 5:01 PM

Dec 2012
Anyone realize the background music after 0:12, is also used in attack of the titans pv?
Mar 1, 2013 4:53 AM
May 2012
NOT surprised tthat both seiyuus (Aiba Hiroki & Ikeda Junya) were in Super Sentai series (Shinkenblue from Samurai Sentai Shinkenger & GokaiSilver from Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger)!
Mar 18, 2013 12:53 PM

Feb 2012
Wow. I've rarely seen a thread as full of fail as this one. Anyway, I hope it isn't too heavy on school aspects or it's an instant drop. I want to see people fighting and blowing the shit out of everything in their mechs and not comedy scenes about their wacky student life.
Mar 18, 2013 3:50 PM
Oct 2010
The character designs are wack.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Isekai Shikkaku' Reveals Supporting Cast Pair

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by DARM11 »»
34 minutes ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

22 by ZXEAN »»
5 hours ago

» Musician wowaka Dies

Sakana-san - Apr 9, 2019

34 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
9 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'Medalist' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - May 17, 2023

55 by Adizcool »»
Yesterday, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.