Forum Settings
Forums

Eps 23 & 24 of Eureka Seven AO To Be Aired in November [Update Oct 23]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 24, 2012 2:06 PM
Nov 2010
masserati94 said:
I really don't understand the haters of this show.

So it's not as good as the prequel series, so what?
because normally when a good show gets a sequel one would expect the sequel to be good.
Sep 24, 2012 2:18 PM

Oct 2008
masserati94 said:

I don't think it's warranted quite as much hate as it's received; there's been numerous other shows this year that are certainly better, but none were as much fun to discuss or speculate over (for me, anyways) - so that, I'll give to Ao's credit.

That being said, however, the original is markedly superior.
Sep 24, 2012 2:21 PM
Nov 2011
I think it's stupid to make us wait...like really?
Sep 24, 2012 2:43 PM
Jan 2010
Z-flame said:
masserati94 said:

because normally when a good show gets a sequel one would expect the sequel to be good.

True, but AO is for one thing, a ridiculously enjoyable plot and good action sequences even if it rips off Eva far more than the first series ever did. The other thing is, a lot of the people I've seen hating on this series come across as elitist first series lovers who are butthurt over the fact that AO isn't another love story.

Granted, it's not as good as the first series and I'll admit that, but as far as sequels go the show has been executed well so far, totally dispelled my fear that this would turn out like the horrible Last Exile sequel.
Sep 24, 2012 3:31 PM
Jul 2018
masserati94 said:
Z-flame said:
masserati94 said:

True, but AO is for one thing, a ridiculously enjoyable plot and good action sequences even if it rips off Eva far more than the first series ever did. The other thing is, a lot of the people I've seen hating on this series come across as elitist first series lovers who are butthurt over the fact that AO isn't another love story.

Granted, it's not as good as the first series and I'll admit that, but as far as sequels go the show has been executed well so far, totally dispelled my fear that this would turn out like the horrible Last Exile sequel.

No one honestly gives a shit about romance in a mecha anime. The elitists you presume aren't elitists at all. What made Eureka Seven a great anime was that it had major character development within the entire cast of characters. Ao has minimal efforts in character development.
Notice that you dont give a shit about any of the characters in Ao, where as in the original series contain characters that were memorable.

Have some knowledge on what makes a good story, and then talk.
Sep 24, 2012 3:41 PM

Dec 2010
binOsbi said:
masserati94 said:
Z-flame said:
masserati94 said:

No one honestly gives a shit about romance in a mecha anime. The elitists you presume aren't elitists at all. What made Eureka Seven a great anime was that it had major character development within the entire cast of characters. Ao has minimal efforts in character development.
Notice that you dont give a shit about any of the characters in Ao, where as in the original series contain characters that were memorable.

Well freaken said.
Sep 24, 2012 6:11 PM

May 2010
why <.<
oh well, guess i'll watch Autumn anime while waiting...
Sep 24, 2012 7:26 PM

Jul 2012
that aint cool 1 month for the last 2 episodes.
Sep 24, 2012 7:54 PM

Jul 2010
oh come on.

Sep 25, 2012 12:16 AM
Jan 2010
binOsbi said:
masserati94 said:
Z-flame said:
masserati94 said:

Oh it makes me laugh when I see stuff like this.

I don't think there's any reason for you to sound so butthurt over what I said.

The thing is, the very same could be argued for no one caring about character development in mecha anime either. Besides, I disagree about "major" character development, Renton went from being a coward to a hero in like 2 minutes in the final episode, I'd hardly call that major.

But considering that the romance between Renton and Eureka is the driving force of the original series, and people have actually given a shit about it in the past, I'd say your point is pretty much moot. Oh yeah, the story in AO is 10 times better than the original anyway.

I'd also hazard a guess at the sound of things that you're one of the elitists trying to hide the fact that they are elitist?
Sep 25, 2012 5:55 PM

Jun 2010
That's one of the perks of waiting for a series to finish airing.
Sep 25, 2012 6:28 PM

Jun 2010
Damn that is a while. Reminds me a bit when they did this for Madoka Magica but there was a special difference to that. But i hope it ends well and maybe a teaser for another season. That would be awesome
Sep 28, 2012 1:49 PM

Feb 2012
Maffy said:
Well the series itself is pretty crappy so except the thought of not having it finished in a few weeks, I don't rly mind!

Agreed it's pretty much riding on the originals coat tails and nothing more.
Sep 28, 2012 5:32 PM
Jul 2018
masserati94 said:
binOsbi said:
masserati94 said:
Z-flame said:
masserati94 said:

The thing is, the very same could be argued for no one caring about character development in mecha anime either. Besides, I disagree about "major" character development, Renton went from being a coward to a hero in like 2 minutes in the final episode, I'd hardly call that major.

But considering that the romance between Renton and Eureka is the driving force of the original series, and people have actually given a shit about it in the past, I'd say your point is pretty much moot. Oh yeah, the story in AO is 10 times better than the original anyway.

I'd also hazard a guess at the sound of things that you're one of the elitists trying to hide the fact that they are elitist?

Wow goes to show how knowledgeable you are with good animes.

Comprehend please. "No one honestly gives a shit about romance in a mecha anime", means that when you first look at a mecha anime, you probably don't expect to see romance being a huge impact on the storyline. So yes my point is completely valid.
But unlike character development, it's always needed in any story. Any good book, play, manga, movie, anime etc will contain character development.

When did i say i was hiding the fact that i'm an elitist? Let me guess, your one of those idiots who try to hide behind memes to make them feel special? Example: u mad bro?
Sep 28, 2012 5:32 PM
Jul 2018
jmal said:
binOsbi said:
No one honestly gives a shit about romance in a mecha anime.
Probably true in a lot of cases, but romantic love was pretty much the central theme of the entire first season... I don't think your statement holds so categorically for Eureka Seven as it might for some other mecha.

"No one honestly gives a shit about romance in a mecha anime", means that when you first look at a mecha anime, you probably don't expect to see romance being a huge impact on the storyline.
Sep 28, 2012 5:57 PM
Jul 2018
jmal said:
binOsbi said:
"No one honestly gives a shit about romance in a mecha anime", means that when you first look at a mecha anime, you probably don't expect to see romance being a huge impact on the storyline.

Usually, yeah. But "usually" or "probably" imply there are exceptions. I think Eureka Seven's first season is definitely one of those. So I'm not surprised someone would have anticipated something similar from the sequel. I only watched the first episode of AO so I can't speak to what degree it pushed romance.

...So your saying when you find a random mecha anime, first thing you expect, is that the anime will be heavily be based on romance?
Sep 28, 2012 9:04 PM

Oct 2008
binOsbi said:
jmal said:
binOsbi said:

Usually, yeah. But "usually" or "probably" imply there are exceptions. I think Eureka Seven's first season is definitely one of those. So I'm not surprised someone would have anticipated something similar from the sequel. I only watched the first episode of AO so I can't speak to what degree it pushed romance.

...So your saying when you find a random mecha anime, first thing you expect, is that the anime will be heavily be based on romance?

No, he's saying that there's exceptions to that, and in this case, regarding Eureka Seven as a franchise. Read it again.
Sep 29, 2012 4:17 AM
Jan 2010
binOsbi said:
masserati94 said:
binOsbi said:
masserati94 said:
Z-flame said:
masserati94 said:

Wow goes to show how knowledgeable you are with good animes.

Comprehend please. "No one honestly gives a shit about romance in a mecha anime", means that when you first look at a mecha anime, you probably don't expect to see romance being a huge impact on the storyline. So yes my point is completely valid.
But unlike character development, it's always needed in any story. Any good book, play, manga, movie, anime etc will contain character development.

When did i say i was hiding the fact that i'm an elitist? Let me guess, your one of those idiots who try to hide behind memes to make them feel special? Example: u mad bro?

I ain't even mad bro, I just replied like that because your reply amused me.

I comprehended what you said, and I laughed at it, simply because what you said is stupid. You take a look at something like RahXephon or Macross, where the romance plays a big part in the show, or if you want, the original Eureka Seven where I pointed out that the romance between Eureka and Renton is the sole driving force of the series to begin with, they may only be 3 anime's but those 3 are more than enough to prove that romance in mecha anime DOES have a huge impact on the story at times.

Also for the record, what you stated before and what you stated now are two entirely different things: What you said before implies that romance is NEVER a key factor in mecha anime, what you said now implies that at times romance does matter in the story, and can be important, so thank you for proving my point.

"But unlike character development, it's always needed in any story. Any good book, play, manga, movie, anime etc will contain character development."

I'm assuming that you meant to say that unlike character development, romance isn't always needed in any story? Otherwise your sentence makes no sense...at all.

Assuming I'm right and you're not totally incompetent at writing sentences, let's get to my point, yes, character development is important, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it will always be there, if you watch something like Ghost in the Shell, Mushishi or Paprika for instance; the characters don't really develop at all, but the shows and movie are great all the same, AO falls into the category of not necessarily needing character development to help out the show.

To deny the existence of elitists proves that you are in fact elitist, otherwise you wouldn't be so desperate to deny this.

For the record, you got trolled, I simply put that comment up there to see who would rage at it, thank you for rising to silly bait like that.
Oct 1, 2012 7:55 PM

Jul 2010
InfiniteDestiny said:
binOsbi said:
masserati94 said:
Z-flame said:
masserati94 said:

Well freaken said.

This and for some reason those that actually like this show take this as mindless hate...
Oct 6, 2012 4:49 PM
Oct 2012
Ogh PLEASE Show Eureka and Renton all grown up and with their son!
Oct 7, 2012 2:36 AM

Apr 2011
That sucks well the series has been a let down compared to the original series but why not just wrap it up now and be done with it.
Oct 10, 2012 6:35 AM
Nov 2009
Damn, unless I didn't stumble upon this forum, I would have checked if the next episode has aired or not through out Oct. :(
I agree with Solaristics with the original series to be better...though I initially thought this had merit of its own (until the characters became annoying and childish near the end of the season)...
Oct 18, 2012 11:49 PM

Feb 2012
Eps 23 & 24 of Eureka Seven AO to be aired in november? Can't wait!

No literally, I can't wait - there's tons of other shit to do and watch that even finishing this steaming pile of crap that masquerades itself as an E7 sequel just for the sake of completion is too much of a chore...
Oct 19, 2012 1:26 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Maybe BONES wants to go for a End of Eureka 7 AO thing lol

As for the discussion above. E7 > E7 AO, but AO is still a great anime.
Oct 21, 2012 10:07 PM

Apr 2011
Wtf man! they better make the last two episodes epic as fuck
Oct 23, 2012 2:03 AM

Feb 2008
Update on Oct 23
According to the official website, the final two episodes will be aired on November 19th.

Source: Eureka official website
Oct 28, 2012 4:31 AM

Oct 2012
Don't worry, I'm hoping for a season 2 or atleast 2 1 hour long episodes..awesomeness.
Oct 30, 2012 8:26 PM

Feb 2010
As long as they air it, I don't really mind the hiatus.

"Hearing your stories has added upon me yet another sin. More nightmares will come to me now. More than I previously had." - V.V.
★☆★☆
Nov 5, 2012 7:35 PM
Mar 2009
this show has pretty much blown every single opportunity it has had. really, at this point this is just a countdown so we can wrap this up and move on with our lives.
Nov 19, 2012 11:59 AM
Nov 2012
So they are supposed to air today.. Wonder how long it will take before they are online.. subbed that is.
Nov 19, 2012 5:53 PM

Apr 2008
Anyone know if it was aired today?
Nov 19, 2012 9:57 PM

Aug 2010
gg subbed episode 23 and stated on their website that 24 will be done soon.
Nov 20, 2012 12:23 AM

Nov 2011
For those sitll looking for 23 and 24.

Join the IRC channel for gg fansubs (google it) and use the /msg commands to ask for the episodes directly. Both have been subbed (24 JUST got subbed by gg).

Gonna go and watch it now!
Nov 21, 2012 12:57 AM
Aug 2012
just wtf with the ending -_- , just feeling that's not right, I like to know if there's more episode for the detail about the ending, kinda sucks
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
2 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.