Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 5, 2009 3:56 AM

Jan 2009
Kaori is so sexy xD Touma is the typical main fool, very annoying >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2009 6:09 AM

Jul 2009
Hool said:
Kaori is so sexy xD Touma is the typical main fool, very annoying >.<
exact!
DesuMan said:
It reminds me of Shakugan no Shana.
exactly again, which is why it bores the hell out of me with their senseless explanation trying to make sense of the situation. it just doesnt work.

i sure hope railgun isnt going to turn out to be something like this show: awesome animation, nice ideas/settings, but poor story and poor characters (only good for moe)
Oct 8, 2009 2:42 PM

Jul 2009
Nice battle scene and Kaori looks like hot in the up knotted shirt of hers :D

An interesting twist in the story, so it seems Kaori and Styil aren't the typical power hungry villains, though I'm not sure if I'd call them good friend either.
Since they just "grew tired" of Index having her memories erased in order to survive and thought it better to emotionally detach themselves and just forcefully capture her instead.

Though I'm starting to grow a bit bored of the typical useless male hero who always put himself in danger and will go to any lengths just to prove the "enemy" is wrong.
Jan 18, 2010 8:27 AM

Aug 2009
Wow, Kaori is damn hot. That belly and legs was just pure burning hot. I didn't expect those magicians to be "friends" with Index. Also, memory reset? Why don't they rest the grimoires instead of her own memories? Hmm.

Plus in the ending, I wonder if those 2 magicians are still going to be an enemy. I was thinking that they probably only came just to visit. It's a possibility. Just to visit or take Index away. What to choose? What to choose?

Also, Touma got beaten up so badly. His right hand isn't godly anymore. He needs a new power, lol.
Feb 9, 2010 12:11 PM

May 2009
Lawl, Touma got his assed kicked, he talks too much. But, I agree with him.
Feb 22, 2010 8:02 AM

Nov 2008
I feel like this lacks something. And if they are not really the enemies, then who is? I'm expecting a plot twist soon.
Apr 14, 2010 7:58 AM

Aug 2008
argh I didn't vote for Index in ISML 2009.
I can't believe I didn't realize how moe she is back then.
Jun 27, 2010 5:35 AM

May 2009
hmm touma sounds like another shirou. And im getting sick of index already, trying too hard to be cute

Hope this series picks up later...
Jul 26, 2010 7:22 PM
Jul 2010
I'm a little concerned as to where the story will go from here. It's not like Touma can justify keeping Index away from them any longer. She needs to have her memories erased, or else she'll die. But he can't very well just hand her over, there are 20 episodes left!
Maybe Index will get kidnapped by the real Magic Cabal, and Touma will have to team up with the Necessarius agents in order to get her back.
Sep 11, 2010 9:16 PM

Aug 2010
WHAT?!? Komoe carried Touma all by herself? Im going to have to call BS on that one.
Oct 5, 2010 2:30 PM

Nov 2009
AkariChan said:
Wow, everyone's staring at the top part of kaori for this ep .. haha.

HA! I guess so. ;)

I expected more action in that fight scene than talking, o well. I like the way the story is going though.
I wonder how Touma is going to save Index? Onto the next episode.
Oct 26, 2010 6:03 AM
Jun 2008
Kind of 'meh' episode. The passionate speeches got boring after a while.
Dec 10, 2010 5:46 PM

Sep 2008
Hmm. Interesting twist, and good episode, although the "fight" (quotation marks because... well, it wasn't really a fight - more like a beating) seemed a little drawn out. It was really good though.

But... if you think about it... Even if Index can only use 15% of her brain, she should be able to hold on to more than just one year of memories... ._.'' I mean. If the rest of us supposedly use 100% of our brains and 15% is used up per year, wouldn't we all have to reset a little less than every 7 years? (~6.67 years)... Whatever. Best I try not to use weird logic anyway for a sci-fi/fantasy anime. XD

Aw, Index protecting Touma at the end. :D (Or at least trying to?)
Dec 15, 2010 1:09 PM

Aug 2010
So they need to reset her memories because if not, she will die? I didn't really understand it but oh well. I expected more of a fight in this episode, but Touma's lil speech was good enough for me.
Jan 8, 2011 1:14 AM
Feb 2008
What if she's lying? And if she wasn't why not just tell Index that it's for her own survival? I don't get it.
Jan 10, 2011 1:59 AM

Aug 2008
Maybe it was the tranlations, but I doubt it. Either way, I didn't really buy the whole reason that they're erasing her memories, nor did I like the argument Kanzaki and Touma were having. Regardless, Touma's got to figure something out or make some hard decisions. Kinda effed up that that little girl needs brain maintenance just to live. I'm interested to see how this problem is resolved.

Feb 21, 2011 9:35 AM

Jul 2010
Leave it to a 24 ep series to have such a long explanation scene. You would never see such a scene in a 12 ep series! ^^

It all makes sense now though. The whole scene was really well done. But then theres the fact Index has Touma now; she's just going to give up rather than running away! =(

Apr 13, 2011 7:07 AM

Feb 2011
why do the have to emphasize that shiny hips and thighs, that perfectly shaped boobs and round butt( i indeed sound perverted <.<) everytime it focussed on kaori ==
this anime has too much moeness and too much smexiness for me to handle @_@
May 28, 2011 5:05 PM

Jul 2010
well definitly they wont erase the book memories. but only 15% for her AND she has perfect memorization too? than how the hell has she lived all this time, it can't be that they kept on taking away her memories.

May 30, 2011 6:39 AM

Aug 2010
well, maybe my subs were awful but actually I didn't get a thing from all that conversation betwen Touma and that lady in ragged jeans xD
again, music is such a win!
Aug 4, 2011 8:07 AM

Oct 2009
Nice ep, but Touma needs some combat skills.
Imagine Touma using some sort of weapon on his left hand (ie: sword) and using his right to dispell magic/espers.
Also, Kaori.
Aug 11, 2011 11:45 PM

Apr 2011
Nice abilities from the chick with the boobs and the oversized sword ... those monofilament wires are nasty, they shredded Touma's bitch-punching hand. Speaking of, when does the punching start? Index could occasionally use one, especially when she gets bitey.

I am liking this show more the more I watch it, though I don't look forward to the fillers I heard are coming. I like the world enough that I'll probably at least try Railgun, even if this sinks into filler hell.

4/5
Sep 23, 2011 5:47 PM

May 2009
Touma is the most high strung, emotional character ever... It's actually kind of annoying after a while. Especially since it's a complete turn around from his more nonchalant personality from the first episode, and occasionally throughout the others.

Also, he has no real combat abilities, so why don't they just shoot him in the face or something? A bullet isn't magic or supernatural, so his right hand shouldn't have any affect on it. Or just tie him up and run away with Index if they don't want to kill him.

Lol I just hate Touma. Everything else about this series so far is alright though.
MalwareSep 23, 2011 6:01 PM

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Nov 14, 2011 4:15 PM

Jul 2010
Ugghh I hated that guy, he's so weak himself so he doesn't have the right to judge those who have the powers to make difficult deciscions... I'm seriously thinking of dropping this serie now -_-
Mar 9, 2012 12:31 AM

Jul 2011
Great ep. I just wanna know why Touma is so obsessed with protecting her. I mean I could see myself wanting to help someone who seems helpless and in need of help, but saying things such as "she's always been my friend" when they've just met is a little off. ( do I just have bad subs or something?)
Jul 28, 2012 5:10 PM

Apr 2012
EOTW said:
Great ep. I just wanna know why Touma is so obsessed with protecting her. I mean I could see myself wanting to help someone who seems helpless and in need of help, but saying things such as "she's always been my friend" when they've just met is a little off. ( do I just have bad subs or something?)

I was wondering about this as well because that quote, in particular, stood out to me as being a bit odd. Touma seems to have undergone a transformation from being normally concerned about Index in the first episode to almost crazily so now.
Aug 17, 2012 10:17 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
omggg i like this episode a lot!!! this went out TOTALLY different than i thought. i'm really impressed lol! I had thought kanzaki and stiyl were total bad guys who're after the grimoires inside Index , but they were actually friends of Index and from the same church o.O, trying to erase her memory so it doesn't overflow. Gotto say, both sides were very convincing, though the magician pair seem more sinister. Really quite the drama and emotions, all done very well and LOL touma got his ass beat up!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 8, 2012 10:39 PM

May 2011
Magnus... enough said. I have so much respect for him right now...

Kanzaki and Index were nice this episode as well. Touma was too Shirou-like this episode for my liking. I agree with what he was trying to say, but he just needed a better tone imo. Though I still like the guy overall.

So the 3 days have passed, let's see how this plays out.
Sep 9, 2012 7:16 PM
Dec 2010
from what i gather. index will either die or turn completely into "johns pen" , which to me at least isnt a good thing. so why then is touma so hell bent on preventing the memory erasure? its almost like he wants her to die for his own selfishness. story shaping up?! yeah OKAY.
Nov 15, 2012 8:08 AM

Sep 2009
there's a lot explanation.. i can't have it memorize and understand it all. but what i understand, is that Index memories will be erased after one year. and i feel for those two people(her old friends) that became enemy.
Dec 9, 2012 3:01 AM

Nov 2012
Really boring stuff, the scene between Touma and Kaori was drawn out much longer than it needed to be. The fact that Touma was essentially useless in combat didn't help. His logic for protecting Index is pretty is pretty inconsistent as well. He barely knows anything about her or the background behind the Church.

On top of that, there was no character development with Mikoto's scene and barely any with Index either. I'm starting to wonder why this series got such rave reviews but I guess I have to keep watching to find out.
Dec 19, 2012 4:12 PM

Jun 2009
Meh, while interesting as a premise, this just isn't all that well done. I mean the memory loss and how it effects other people who have to deal with the fall out is a pretty fascinating subject, but it just isn't...well played out here. I'm starting to remember why I don't like Touma that much as well.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 30, 2013 12:52 PM

May 2012
Oh boy this is getting good even in an episode dedicated to information and past they still manage to make it interesting! Great episode lots of information about Index so lets see what happens with the reset!
Apr 27, 2013 8:15 AM
Jul 2012
Dat Soap Opera
May 23, 2013 1:41 AM

Dec 2010
Wtf, whole episode talk =\
Jul 1, 2013 11:01 AM

May 2013
another great ep asalways. I watch index just to see accelerator vs touma but now im enjoying every ep of it
Oct 7, 2013 3:55 AM

Dec 2012
Yandere~~~
Nov 23, 2013 11:57 PM

Nov 2012
okay episode :3
hope the best for index and touma and those magicians :33
Dec 8, 2013 3:21 PM

Jan 2013
Haha.. I like her personality. And all this meanie stuff :P.

As of Kanzaki, now that I've seen her better she doesn't look that much like Revy. Hmm but at first they seemed similar.
ao_no_exoDec 8, 2013 3:28 PM
Dec 28, 2013 4:56 AM

Nov 2013
Found this episode to be slow compared to 1,2 and 3
Mar 8, 2014 5:03 AM

Aug 2008
I find Touma so annoying. Don't know if I can take him for the duration of the series. Like, I'm not a fan of moe. I don't like lolis, and i STILL think he's more annoying than Index and that teacher loli. Why is Touma so stupid??? *headdesk*
Jun 23, 2014 7:54 AM

Jan 2013
So Necessarius aren't bad,but they aren't good too,i understand that they need to delete her memories in order to save her but....doing all that?Sure Touma is right,there must be something behind all this,because if it was so simple they could just clear her memories and explain him what is happening and everything would be ok,but no they attacked him,tried to kill him twice so Touma is doing a good job in protecting Index,he is her real friend!
Hope Touma can save her.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 23, 2014 11:10 AM

Aug 2009
AivanK said:
So Necessarius aren't bad,but they aren't good too,i understand that they need to delete her memories in order to save her but....doing all that?Sure Touma is right,there must be something behind all this,because if it was so simple they could just clear her memories and explain him what is happening and everything would be ok,but no they attacked him,tried to kill him twice so Touma is doing a good job in protecting Index,he is her real friend!
Hope Touma can save her.
Kanzaki didnt ry to kill him.No matter who the opponent is she will never kill.That is the meaning of her magic name.

And well their actions are justified.
Jul 22, 2014 5:26 PM

Aug 2013
That ending was really cheesy x)
''Stop hurting Touma!''
I don't get it, why are they acting like they know each since years ago? They barely met 2 days ago. I understand that he don't want her to get harm, but the way they are talking, it's like if they were inseparable friends... Did I miss something?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 5, 2014 9:37 AM

Jan 2012
this shit was as boring as the first time i saw it years ago....

i think i dropped it after EP 3 though

gonna tough it out and watch the whole thing this time around b/c there's not much else to watch

shit sucks so far though...

really hoping that Index would have the same attitude as BokuTomo's Maria

but nope.. she's dead as a fish getting fucked in this series

:sadface:
Oct 15, 2014 5:04 PM

Sep 2014
This woman is spouting nonsense. Why the fuck does Mr Protagonist believe any of the shit she says?

Why the fuck would that red head guy say he was going to torture the priest girl if he wasn't trying to extract information from her?

This guy's so gullible
Nov 25, 2014 3:07 AM

Aug 2014
I don't know if I can believe in their history about delete her memory every year time...
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jun 12, 2015 1:02 AM

Sep 2012
Good episode
Nov 24, 2015 3:15 PM
Feb 2015
This plot is weird
Dec 24, 2015 4:29 AM

Mar 2015
Too much talk but good in its own way. The plot deepens. What I'm most interested in is plot rather than action.

It's such a pain that Index forget every year.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» So, Where is Index 4?

BerriesSan - Apr 14

2 by BerriesSan »»
Apr 15, 9:12 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cabaret - Mar 18, 2009

279 by R2Doucebag »»
Mar 27, 8:18 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

AkariChan - Feb 5, 2009

155 by 8iman »»
Jan 14, 3:53 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 29, 2008

205 by DebiPS »»
Jan 11, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Index - probably the most annoying character ever. ( 1 2 )

Rodaa - Jan 24, 2014

74 by Kayfee »»
Dec 6, 2023 11:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.