Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 23, 2012 11:22 AM

Apr 2010
Definitely one of the best anime this season and a great ending.
Mitsuhide having feelings for Sagara was also confirmed and she even warmed him up like that she is pretty daring after all.
The scene's where Sagara almost kissed Nobuna was also pretty nice and i have to say the effect of the mountain burning made it even better.
There where also some nice fights again and it was a pretty intense episode.

It also seems that we get a very interesting enemy next season so things will be nice if it comes out.
Sep 23, 2012 11:25 AM

Jul 2012
Is the ending hinting for a season 2? or just to get more buyers for the manga?
Sep 23, 2012 11:25 AM

Mar 2009
It was nice but some how I was expecting more... I like the last part of the episode tho. New enemies huh... hopefully a new season soon.
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Sep 23, 2012 11:29 AM
Apr 2012
pls season 2 cuz they left a cliffhanger with the next enemy so they have to make a second season. the 12 episodes are really good
Sep 23, 2012 11:34 AM

Nov 2009
DivisionG said:
Is the ending hinting for a season 2? or just to get more buyers for the manga?

Novel to be precise.
Sep 23, 2012 11:36 AM

Aug 2011
Well... Sagara apparently not yet managed to avoid the Honno-ji incident . XD

Sep 23, 2012 11:42 AM

Aug 2012
The show must go on,
IF ONLY, Someone knew the sales and would be kind enough to post it here! ;o
i love them harem,comedy,romance,ecchi's see me around give me some reccomendations ^^

Sep 23, 2012 11:47 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty good episode. Mitsuhide started to develop her feeling for Sagara.
Sep 23, 2012 11:49 AM

Mar 2012
9/10. Fabulous ending. I wonder which province that woman at the end is from. haha it was funny how they didn't get to kiss because nobuna figured it wasn't a dream. I hope a season 2 comes
Sep 23, 2012 11:51 AM

Mar 2010
i love how that ending pretty much confirms season 2
Sep 23, 2012 11:52 AM

Jul 2010
well that was a fun show to watch. 7/10

Sep 23, 2012 11:52 AM

Aug 2011
kinda predictable final episode... 7/10
Sep 23, 2012 11:53 AM

Oct 2009
Awesome ending, now we need a 2nd season!
Sep 23, 2012 11:53 AM

Dec 2010
Great series; so much better than i thought it would be; i may even go as far to call it the surprise of the season for me behind Kokoro Connect; the ending was what i pictured it to be; its a shame that they didn't get to kiss but that hug was still good all the same; and it was a typical Nobuna reaction anyway, she isn't the kind to kiss in front of other people :P; also seems like Mitsuhide started to like Sagara for real; i mean she may have always had admiration but its clear that its been turned into affection; wonder how Nobuna would react if she knew how Mitsuhide "healed" Sagara :P

In any case as much as i want a season 2; and the ending scene implies one; i can't say that its for certain; unlike Kuroko i don't think this has the sales for a second season; just because it has the material left and it implies a second season doesn't mean there will be on; its the unfortunate truth of money makes the world go round; if it doesn't sell there won't be a season 2; so here is to hoping that sales do well and we get a announcement soon for a season 2 :D
Sep 23, 2012 11:54 AM

Sep 2012
Liked the episode but its that anime where we all want the ending kiss scene but...nothing happens :/ stil it was a good series ^.^
Oh god who are you people?
Sep 23, 2012 11:56 AM

Jan 2010
Wish they could market the anime better. At first glance at the summary it was very.. generic. But I'm glad I went for it. Perhaps my second favorite this season behind Kokoro Connect.
Sep 23, 2012 12:11 PM

Feb 2010
Eh I only watched this anime for the lolis.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2012 12:17 PM

Mar 2009
That is one sturdy iPhone
Sep 23, 2012 12:18 PM

Mar 2012
This was an excellent episode; one that served as a satisfying, suitably climactic conclusion to the series as a whole.

Oda is easily my favorite character, and her romantic moments with Sagara created one of the best and most interesting elements of the show. As such, I loved that this episode primarily focused on their increasingly fated relationship, and how immensely important they are to one another. Their reunion was a fantastic moment, effectively highlighting all that they had gone through, and that their romantic affections toward one another had grown considerably over time, culminating with that impressively satisfying hug. I would have preferred a kiss, but I knew how unlikely that was, and their plethora of romantic moments throughout the end of this episode more than made up for that somewhat unfortunate exclusion. I really liked the moment where Dousan, distinctly aware of their growing relationship, mentions Oda and Sagara's eventual marriage.

Mitsuhide has been my least favorite character by far throughout the show's entirety, and that feeling doesn't really diminish in this episode, as her character becomes even more grating, especially in comparison to all the other characters, who tend to, at the very least, be interesting and enjoyable. The cave scene involving her "healing" Sagara, although thankfully much shorter than in the LN, was rather unnecessary and detracted from the serious tone of the surrounding events. On top of that, the bits of jealousy she occasionally displayed towards Oda and Sagara's relationship was quite annoying, due to the inevitable, but extremely disappointing fact that she does develop significant feelings for Sagara, which I didn't like in the LN, and I don't really care for it here either. Niwa and Katsuie are great characters, and their brief moments of fighting were particularly terrific. Goemon and Inuchiyo are two of my favorite characters, and they were, as always, fantastic in this episode, particularly when Goemon was stumbling over her words once again and pretty much any scene Inuchiyo was involved with. I really enjoyed that Nobukatsu and Nagamasa appeared towards the end, reaffirming their continued relationship, while also serving as a nice conclusion to their small sub-plot.

The story was consistently interesting, offering a historical intrigue that was rather refreshing. Also, I love that it rose above the flawed approach of denigrating itself as merely a harem. Thankfully, for the most part, the harem antics were left out entirely, allowing for a more tonally consistent show, rarely derailing into the sort of awful comedy and obtrusive fanservice that usually accompanies mediocre harems. This lack of harem antics also resulted in an excellently increased focus on Oda and Sagara's relationship, which was a far better aspect than what otherwise would have been.

Although brief, the battle of kanegasaki was portrayed thrillingly, from Katsuie's excellent fight with the two female swordsman to the fiery fight between Oda and Konoe. This was a brilliantly animated fight, and definitely the highlight of the episode, as it proved a thoroughly tense and exciting sequence. The visuals were fantastic throughout, from the incredible action to the amazing shot of the eagle flying through the clouds at the end. These action sequences were aided wonderfully by the superb direction, which has always been one of the best qualities of the show, as said direction creatively illuminates the bits of fighting in a rather exciting fashion, always handling these moments with a particular nuance that is both interesting and intense. The music was somewhat inconsistent in quality. As such, there were times where it was thoroughly mediocre, but, for the most part, it was quite good, accompanying particular moments rather well.

It really wasn’t the most faithful adaptation, but I thought it improved on the LN in many areas, particularly regarding the anime's wise choice to decrease the amount of Mitsuhide (the worst character).

All in all, Oda Nobuna certainly surpassed my expectations, becoming one of the better and more enjoyable shows of the summer season. Takeda Shingen's appearance at the end was terrific, as it lends credence to the possibility of a second season, which I really hope happens eventually. A satisfying 7/10 for me.
Lelouch22Sep 24, 2012 10:19 AM
Sep 23, 2012 12:19 PM
Jan 2011
The End........Season 2????????????? I not betting on it.
Sep 23, 2012 12:20 PM

Jul 2011
well that was just awesome. Definitely one of my faves this season.
Sep 23, 2012 12:23 PM

Mar 2010
Absolutely epic show! Love it!
Sep 23, 2012 12:27 PM

Dec 2011
Lelouch22 said:
It really wasn’t the most faithful adaptation, but I thought it improved on the LN in many areas, particularly regarding the anime's wise choice to decrease the amount of Mitsuhide (the worst character).

Anyway 9/10 for me, wasn't expecting it to only get 4,053 sales for the first volume though. Would of thought around 6000-9000, but oh well.
Sep 23, 2012 12:28 PM

May 2010
dude get owned like final destination owned....... damn

May 2012
I didn't think it was the best ending but it was satisfying. I liked the drama, war, and moe aspects of this show and enjoyed the series overall.

Overall, I give it a 7/10.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC

Dec 2009
Everything an ending should have. Best fight scenes I've seen from this show, Katsuie vs the sisters was awesome. Surprised Yoshiharu made it out ok, but I guess Hanzo Hittori deserves more credit than I gave him, nice reunion but dammit kiss already! Seems like Mitsuhide and Yoshiharu got alittle closer than normal eheheheh. Wonder if that will be explored if there is a second 2.

Which speaking of, there probably will be a second season with that cliffhanger of an ending. Who is that red haired lady!

Great series overall, 10/10.
Sep 23, 2012 12:31 PM

Jun 2012
I'm calling a season 2 with an ending like that. Pre-order sales were much better than I expected, especially for something from Madhouse. The content for a season 2 is definitely there in the LNs, especially considering we didn't get an "anime original" ending, there are so many questions to be answered. I really enjoyed tuning in to this every week, and while not all episodes were 10/10 every episode was completly full with content and there was always something action/drama/comedy related going on. I really hope we get a season 2, now that the characters are fleshed out, we can get into more intense drama and action! I'm off to go buy the OST, [Support] the Official Release!
luigi-dudeSep 23, 2012 12:36 PM
Sep 23, 2012 12:39 PM

Mar 2012
Tr1ckR said:
Lelouch22 said:

Sep 23, 2012 12:53 PM
Sep 2012
this series beat my expectations and it's one of my fav this season now . hope theres enough sales for season 2...

Sep 23, 2012 12:54 PM

Jan 2012
Loved this show, the ending was great. Sure hope to see a second season in the future.

Sep 23, 2012 12:55 PM

Oct 2008
Definitely the surprise of the season, I started watching it expecting an average series at most, but it definitely surpassed all my expectations, 8/10, I fucking want S2
Sep 23, 2012 1:01 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Lelouch22 said:
Mitsuhide has been my least favorite character by far throughout the show's entirety,
At least, she IS brave and a good swordswoman. She's also smart - she knew immediately what that hole implied. But yes, she has a pile of character traits that make her very annoying.
Sep 23, 2012 1:05 PM

Feb 2011
7/10

Standard Sengoku gender bending with an added harem romance aspect.

I'm fairly surprised it got a lot of attention.
Sep 23, 2012 1:16 PM

Nov 2010
10/10.

You have no idea how sick I was of Sengoku and Three Kingdom-based shows that refuse to stay on course with history, and instead fill it with mindless fanservice and action. I mean, I enjoyed Otome and Basara, but Christ, they just throw in whatever shit they want.

This show created a nice cast of characters that were subverted so well, stayed on course with history with minor changes that still felt like Saru changed things for the better, and still kept the glorious fanservice without making it become over-the-top.

I really have little hope for second season, but the small spec is still there.
Sep 23, 2012 1:23 PM

Feb 2012
Solid final episode for this season, this show actually turned out better then i had expected.
Sep 23, 2012 1:39 PM

Sep 2012
Yoshiharu's phone was the true hero of this story. How many times did it save Nobuna ?
Sep 23, 2012 1:43 PM

Jul 2010

Derp, I just got owned by Nobuna.

Never gets old.

Season 2 flag raised right at the end.
Sep 23, 2012 1:56 PM
Jul 2018
Epic last episode,this anime was awesome....9/10 from me.
Cant' w8 for second season!
Sep 23, 2012 2:10 PM
Jan 2011
best anime for the summer season hands down 9/10
since they showed Takeda Shingen hopefully we get that second season
This show was very underrated by some more people should have gave anime more attention they missed a good sengoku gender bending era anime
This show kept me interested all way through with its animation, story, characters, and so
Again very good anime
Sep 23, 2012 2:12 PM

Mar 2011
Rexky said:
7/10

Standard Sengoku gender bending with an added harem romance aspect.

I'm fairly surprised it got a lot of attention.

I agree, besides the characters are generic and cliche as hell. Saru is just the typical dumb "ordinary highschool protagonist" that lacks the most basic forms of common sense and does constantly dumb stuff but despite all his stupid decisions everything ends up working for him. I seriously facepalmed when hit nobunas brother, as someone from future he should have known that htting him would have gotten him killed but despite of that he still hits him since all these cliche male characters can never control their emotions and always do stupid stuff beacause of that. And whats even worse is that he still tries to hit Imai Asai a few episodes after despite of what happened with nobunas little borther. Every single cliche male character is either perverted or stupidly innocent, this is no exception as saru has the typical slightly perverted attitude. This might be nothing important but it seriously pissed me off how he constantly repeated the "oh give me the prettiest girl in Japan" line, it pissed me so much it made me want puch him trough the monitor each time he said that. And well in general he always used tons of cliche lines throughout the series.

Well, when a show has a horrible male protagonist I always overlook that flaw if the show has a good female lead, unfortunatly this is not the case. Oda, despite being a better character than saru, she was still pretty bad. Just like Saru she is constantly doing really stupid decisions that made me facepalm Even after defeating Yoshitatsu who rebelled against her she still lets him go? ROFL what the hell is this? Dumbest shit I have ever seen in my life. I realize this is a kids show therefore killing him might be too much be they could have atlest thrown him into prison or something, what she did here just shows how she lacks any sort of common sense. I also hate how much she whined when she was forced to leave one her retainers behind to defend the rear, seriously what sort of leader would want to surrender beacause of something like that, has she not realized that people die in war and that sacrifices are often necesary in war? well of course not, since this is a kids show where its completly impossible for important characters to die. I have no problems with tsunderes if they are like Tohsaka Rin, Makise Kurisu or Aoi Kunieda but when tsunderes use physical violence on their lover like Oda Nobuna are very often trash. Seriously even after finding out Saru is still alive shit still hits him, sigh.

I have no problems with shows for kids, but the setting of Oda Nobuna no Yabou are not appropiate for a kids show and the fact they decided to make a kids show out of this what made it in my opinion bad.

The art style was pretty good tough
Sep 23, 2012 2:15 PM

May 2012
No wonder so many people want iPhones, they're durable as hell! Anyway, great last episode and great series. Things did get a bit cliche, but it was all still really fun. I wish they would've made Monkey's comeback from the dead more dramatic and emotional, but whatever. The scene with Juubei and Monkey was a real riot, and the final fight with Nobuna and Konoe was surprisingly entertaining.

Hopefully there will be a season 2 for this anime. They kinda left us hanging with revealing the new enemy and everything. And what ever happened to that creeper guy who wanted Nobuna? And I'm really gonna miss my girl Nagahide rewarding points to people! My god she is so fine! So I'm really hoping there will be a season 2 in the future. Really entertaining show, and I'm glad I watched. 8/10
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Sep 23, 2012 2:22 PM

Mar 2008
Raziel1991 said:
Rexky said:
7/10

I agree, besides the characters are generic and cliche as hell. Saru is just the typical dumb "ordinary highschool protagonist" that lacks the most basic forms of common sense and does constantly dumb stuff but despite all his stupid decisions everything ends up working for him. I seriously facepalmed when hit nobunas brother, as someone from future he should have known that htting him would have gotten him killed but despite of that he still hits him since all these cliche male characters can never control their emotions and always do stupid stuff beacause of that. And whats even worse is that he still tries to hit Imai Asai a few episodes after despite of what happened with nobunas little borther. Every single cliche male character is either perverted or stupidly innocent, this is no exception as saru has the typical slightly perverted attitude. This might be nothing important but it seriously pissed me off how he constantly repeated the "oh give me the prettiest girl in Japan" line, it pissed me so much it made me want puch him trough the monitor each time he said that. And well in general he always used tons of cliche lines throughout the series.

Well, when a show has a horrible male protagonist I always overlook that flaw if the show has a good female lead, unfortunatly this is not the case. Oda, despite being a better character than saru, she was still pretty bad. Just like Saru she is constantly doing really stupid decisions that made me facepalm Even after defeating Yoshitatsu who rebelled against her she still lets him go? ROFL what the hell is this? Dumbest shit I have ever seen in my life. I realize this is a kids show therefore killing him might be too much be they could have atlest thrown him into prison or something, what she did here just shows how she lacks any sort of common sense. I also hate how much she whined when she was forced to leave one her retainers behind to defend the rear, seriously what sort of leader would want to surrender beacause of something like that, has she not realized that people die in war and that sacrifices are often necesary in war? well of course not, since this is a kids show where its completly impossible for important characters to die. I have no problems with tsunderes if they are like Tohsaka Rin, Makise Kurisu or Aoi Kunieda but when tsunderes use physical violence on their lover like Oda Nobuna are very often trash. Seriously even after finding out Saru is still alive shit still hits him, sigh.

I have no problems with shows for kids, but the setting of Oda Nobuna no Yabou are not appropiate for a kids show and the fact they decided to make a kids show out of this what made it in my opinion bad.

Hey man, you're missing the point.

Enjoy Oda Nobuna for what it is, not for what you're comparing it to. It's much more of a light-hearted/romance/don't give too many fucks about the serious nature' type of show.

Hell, if I was to criticize it for realism, I'd have dropped this shoe after ep 1. However, if you just take it in stride and watch it for what it is:

- a pleasantly done sengoku gender bender with some romance that isn't very serious or realistic, then you're good. I personally found it entertaining as hell. Even when they inject some kind of drama, I still was like, welp, its gonna turn out well, lets see what happens.

You're comparing this show to Fate and Steins;Gate, which is not exactly apt. Those shows start getting really serious and mature, Oda Nobuna, as it turns out, for this adaptation, is not ever touching the sense of maturity those 2 shows reached, especially Steins;Gate.
Sep 23, 2012 2:25 PM

Jun 2009
Well, that phone is something else. Or are new phones really this durable?

Awesome episode like always, this is definitely the best Sengoku period anime i've seen yet. Even the cliche of main character being from the future didn't make this worse and show was used as a plot device. Can't forget to mention great art style too.
I hope for 2nd season with all my might.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Sep 23, 2012 2:36 PM

Dec 2011
Such a freaking tease! Why does every kiss gets interrupted?!
It turned out to be more decent than I thought.
6/10 for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2012 2:38 PM
Sep 2012
Poparteeb said:
Raziel1991 said:
Rexky said:
7/10

Enjoy Oda Nobuna for what it is, not for what you're comparing it to. It's much more of a light-hearted/romance/don't give too many fucks about the serious nature' type of show.

Hell, if I was to criticize it for realism, I'd have dropped this shoe after ep 1. However, if you just take it in stride and watch it for what it is:

- a pleasantly done sengoku gender bender with some romance that isn't very serious or realistic, then you're good. I personally found it entertaining as hell. Even when they inject some kind of drama, I still was like, welp, its gonna turn out well, lets see what happens.

You're comparing this show to Fate and Steins;Gate, which is not exactly apt. Those shows start getting really serious and mature, Oda Nobuna, as it turns out, for this adaptation, is not ever touching the sense of maturity those 2 shows reached, especially Steins;Gate.

the man thinks rosario vampire series are better.. enough said
Sep 23, 2012 2:40 PM

Aug 2012
Nice end.

Romance, comedy, loli, drama, action, history, war... they are mixed well in this anime. No more no less, they're just fit.

8/10 for the whole show, but I give it 9/10, so the mean score in statistics would be up to be more than 8 :D
Waiting for next week anime gives me another reason to live.
Sep 23, 2012 2:42 PM

Mar 2011
mochax3 said:
Poparteeb said:
Raziel1991 said:
Rexky said:
7/10

the man thinks rosario vampire series are better.. enough said

Inner Moka and the ice girl (dont remember her name) alone made that show more enjoyable than this one
Sep 23, 2012 2:47 PM

Feb 2012
Great finale. Was a bit rushed but it's to be expected considering the time constraints. Nobuna and Mitsuhide's cleavage were delicious this ep!

Overall, I enjoyed the series. One of my favorites of the season.

<3'd the lolis, and even if it wasn't realistic and history was changed a bit, it was still entertaining and fun to watch.

9/10 for me. Hope for a season 2!
Sep 23, 2012 3:08 PM

Apr 2011
Epic win. Second season implied with that red head.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Sep 23, 2012 3:18 PM

Apr 2010
Season 2!
Season 2!
Season 2!
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2012

118 by BensonOtaku »»
Apr 10, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2012

119 by Apratim »»
Jun 17, 2023 1:08 PM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2012

126 by Roch2001 »»
Apr 10, 2023 10:00 AM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2012

85 by Nagachi-Chan »»
Feb 26, 2023 3:39 AM

» where is season 2 ??? ( 1 2 3 )

Californiaa - Aug 13, 2013

121 by Sillmeria »»
Sep 29, 2022 11:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.