Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 22, 2012 2:14 PM

May 2010
IZEROII said:
Paul said:
At least they put some effort into the animation budget this episode.

Not really feeling anything honestly from this last episode.

Guess we'll just have to wait for the OVA's.

I think another season is more likely than OVA adaptation. Dunno if the content will cover 25 episodes (haven't read the manga) but I would think it will either be S2 or nada.

The OVAs announced aren't related to the build up to the winter cup

it will be season 2 100%. u can bet on it. it has great ratings n all the stuff is sellign great and season 2 will be complete winter cup.

i honestly thought they will still bring the part where kuroko tells kagami about his new move and shows him the used up ball which he used to train his new ability (he used up 5 balls )
Sep 22, 2012 2:17 PM

Sep 2010
Epic episode! Gonna wait for next season, it's Kuroko's turn! 10/10
Sep 22, 2012 2:19 PM
Oct 2011
Kerozinn said:
IZEROII said:
Paul said:
At least they put some effort into the animation budget this episode.

Not really feeling anything honestly from this last episode.

Guess we'll just have to wait for the OVA's.

I think another season is more likely than OVA adaptation. Dunno if the content will cover 25 episodes (haven't read the manga) but I would think it will either be S2 or nada.

The OVAs announced aren't related to the build up to the winter cup

it will be season 2 100%. u can bet on it. it has great ratings n all the stuff is sellign great and season 2 will be complete winter cup.

i honestly thought they will still bring the part where kuroko tells kagami about his new move and shows him the used up ball which he used to train his new ability (he used up 5 balls )
They could've at least make Tatsuya appear, could've been a great cliffhanger and some hope for a 2nd season. Let's hope we'll get a 2nd season around Winter.
Sep 22, 2012 2:24 PM
Feb 2012
ElenirLachlagos said:
I never really liked Aomine, but that did it. Not helping someone up who's on the ground and just walking away - only assholes do that.

Well yeah he's an ass most of the time but he's not all that bad.
For some reason he gave off more doucheness in animated form.

The subtitles for the part where he doesn't help Kise up were like
"Winners don't have anything to say to the losers." (something like that)
He's more eloquent in the manga.
"To someone who has lost after trying their best, no words from the winner can console him."

Cool episode. Kise is a true bro till the end.
When Kagami and Kuroko were playing in the end there was a part where Kagami looks like he was going to run off and leave Kuroko there talking. I was about to laugh.
ahneemeSep 22, 2012 2:30 PM
Sep 22, 2012 2:27 PM

May 2011
A hint for season 2 there? YES PLEASE!!
Sep 22, 2012 2:37 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, amazing.

Need season 2, really.
Sep 22, 2012 2:45 PM
Feb 2010
btw, how can Midorima have the least favourites of the more important characters, when he is by far the most awesome character?
Sep 22, 2012 2:53 PM
Nov 2011
10/5 nuff said

I feel empty now that I know I'll never have to wait every week for a new episode. At least have the manga :)

ASDFGHJKL the end of the episode. Akashi's smile~~~god, now I can die in pace
Sep 22, 2012 2:56 PM

Jul 2012
Sad to see my 2nd favorite basketball anime to end (1st being slam dunk)

But it was great ride loved everything about the show :)

As far as 2nd seasons go i personally hope they wait at least a good year so they can distance themselves from the manga because although hadnt caught up they burning through material super fast and we all know how fillers go when they get too close I.E Bleach and Naruto lmao
Sep 22, 2012 3:07 PM
Oct 2011
El_Presidente said:
btw, how can Midorima have the least favourites of the more important characters, when he is by far the most awesome character?
Because him being awesome becomes clear in the current match in the manga (ch. 182's scanlation is taking too long..), but before that he's really not that important nor as good as the other 4.

Cloud4159 said:
Sad to see my 2nd favorite basketball anime to end (1st being slam dunk)

But it was great ride loved everything about the show :)

As far as 2nd seasons go i personally hope they wait at least a good year so they can distance themselves from the manga because although hadnt caught up they burning through material super fast and we all know how fillers go when they get too close I.E Bleach and Naruto lmao
This could be like Bakuman, a season every year, but I doubt it's gonna be a long-runner like the other shounen battle anime.
Sep 22, 2012 3:08 PM

Mar 2011
Great ep but 1 thing is annoying Aomine won.
Sep 22, 2012 3:12 PM

May 2008
OMG I have nothing to look forward to on Saturdays anymore.
I need S2 Dx There HAS to be one with all that sneak peaks of the Winter Cup.
I wonder who that random guy was that Kuroko did the ball punch against o:
Must be important if they showed him.

But anywho!

I was soooo sad Kise's team didn't win!!
I thought Kise finally got Aomine when he was going to pass to his captain-- it would've been awesome to beat him with Kuroko's principles, but alas. I guess Kuroko needs to be the one to do that!
Sep 22, 2012 3:17 PM

Jan 2012
Well the show was awesome from the start till the end. I'm really looking forward to next season.

Sep 22, 2012 3:24 PM

Jun 2011
I feel so bad for Kise now...

0.0 SUZU... KENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! <3333333 IN THOSE BRIEF TWENTY SECONDS, YOU WON ME AGAIN!

REALLY good ending. ^_^ Can't wait for season 2 and the OVAs, since it's OBVIOUS it's coming! And MORE SUZUKEN PLEASE!
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Sep 22, 2012 3:25 PM

Jun 2008
As promised, my reaction when Kise lost.

Bring it on second season, need moar Kise;)

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Sep 22, 2012 3:34 PM

Jul 2012
Sad that Kise lost but still a great episode.

I remember seeing this for the first time when I randomly walked in a theater room at A-Kon. I've been hooked ever since.
Sep 22, 2012 3:55 PM

Mar 2012
And here I was expecting Akashi to talk rather than a 2 second random scene lol
Good episode regardless, I knew the outcome beforehand but it was intense regardless.

Hoping there will be a season 2 sometime next year, I'm guessing if they do make one, maybe Spring 2013 Season?
Sep 22, 2012 4:09 PM

Aug 2011
I started bawling when Kise couldn't stand up. I... My feelings... I can't even. Kise, you are amazing. I wish you were real so I could tell you that. Kasumatsu, the Kaijo captain, is also a wonderful person. This anime is clearly the best of this season. I'm just... so overwhelmed. How will I be able to wait for season 2? HOW? And why the hell is this rated lower than Shitty Ass Online?

I'm just gonna close this comment off with a genuine thank you to Production I.G.
Sep 22, 2012 4:12 PM

Dec 2007
That was a great end for a great series I'm looking forward to a season 2! Winter Cup!! 9/10 for me
Sep 22, 2012 4:18 PM

May 2008
MOST INTENSE MATCH EVER

MASTERPIECE

10/10

Give me season two NOW! I screamed my head off at seeing and hearing Murasakibara. I hope they have Akashi vs Midorima in the next season oh GOD ;____;

KUROKO FOR LIFE

Sep 22, 2012 4:21 PM

Jul 2012
Very good match!
I can`t waitfor season 2
Sep 22, 2012 4:25 PM

Jan 2010
UnbornMVs said:
SECOND SEASON ! NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW !
Sep 22, 2012 4:26 PM

Aug 2009
no matter how good the copy, the copy is still just a copy and the ORIGINAL is different thing...

I love Aomine and I love Kise... felt sad about Kise loss though.... but Amoine was amazing!!!

anyways, waiting for SEC SEASON... better bring it ON and bring it fastttt duuudes :)
Sep 22, 2012 4:31 PM

Jun 2009
so... when does the second season start?

Kise bby ;A;
Sep 22, 2012 4:40 PM

Oct 2010
I did not expect to like this anime half as much as I ended up doing it. Why I didn't even pick it up at the start of the season, instead just started watching when I was sick at home with nothing to do.
Here's to me not being a pretentious little fuck for once: I cried ok.
The finale was perfect, but overall I'd say 7/10.
Sep 22, 2012 4:45 PM

Jan 2012
Fan-fucking-tastic
Sep 22, 2012 4:55 PM

Jul 2010
Holy Shit.This series was just simply amazing, and i hope we will se second season really soon.
Kise lost, which was IMO expected.We can feel that it must be Kuroko, who defeats Aominecchi first.
As i said amazing episode, and im really curious of Akashi guy.He have some badass design, and i get a feeling hes OP.
Oh, and Midorima is fking hilarious as always XD

5/5 waiting for next season sadface.jpg
Sep 22, 2012 5:00 PM

Jun 2011
amazing end, really hope there will be a second season

Jul 2011
Shit that animation is so great...

And there's definitely a next season, I think... they casted Kamiya Hiroshi as the VA for the red-haired dude, but he hasn't shown up/said anything yet. So...

Anyways, that was exciting. :3

Aug 2010
It was sad that Kise lost, but at the same time I think it was too early for Aomine to lose. And according to his team mate Aomine still didn't show his full potential. Overall it was a great episode and I really hope they make a season 2. Akasaha looks awesome, really want to see him and Murasakibara in action.
Sep 22, 2012 5:09 PM

Nov 2009
ahneeme said:
ElenirLachlagos said:
I never really liked Aomine, but that did it. Not helping someone up who's on the ground and just walking away - only assholes do that.

Well yeah he's an ass most of the time but he's not all that bad.
For some reason he gave off more doucheness in animated form.

The subtitles for the part where he doesn't help Kise up were like
"Winners don't have anything to say to the losers." (something like that)
He's more eloquent in the manga.
"To someone who has lost after trying their best, no words from the winner can console him."

Cool episode. Kise is a true bro till the end.
When Kagami and Kuroko were playing in the end there was a part where Kagami looks like he was going to run off and leave Kuroko there talking. I was about to laugh.

he's like a tsundere
Sep 22, 2012 5:19 PM

May 2012
Nice ending.. And almost cried when Kise could not stand up. Was even kinda expecting that Aomine will help him. But well.... Aomine is Aomine.. And the Generation of Miracles Akashi was so badass looking.. Almost badass as Aomine.. Yay.. I am so pumped up for Season 2 now!!! I hope they will make it happen.. PLEASE!!!!!
Sep 22, 2012 5:34 PM

Apr 2012
Brilliant anime, I'm glad I picked this one up. I was really rooting for Kise, though the outcome did not surprise me at all. Ending hints at Season 2? I'd say so, especially since the manga is still publishing, and there's still 2 Miracle Generation members to beat. Easy 9/10.
Sep 22, 2012 5:37 PM

May 2011
Aomine has only showed us the tip of the iceburg? Hell yes. Let's go.

I loved how Aomine put the period on the match with that final over-powering dunk on Kise which knocked him to the ground. Also, that reverse backhand that knocked away the pass had me jumping lol. That said, I still felt really bad for Kise and the entirety of Kaijou. It was just a bad match-up for them and they gave it their best, they should keep their heads up for the winter, just like their Captain said. Though I'm still really glad Aomine put them in their place, especially with all that copy-cat business.

Akashi won me over right there. Evil smirk + board game = win. Really looking forward to what kind of relationship he had/has with his Ex-Teammates and what he has up his sleeve in the future.

Loved the teasers in the end and hopefully they do get a S2. Though I'm definitely going to read the manga from here on out regardless.

9/10
Sep 22, 2012 5:39 PM

Dec 2010
MissileSoup said:
I feel this season wasn't any more than an introduction, and an incomplete one. The development of the main characters are left at the initiation, and the introduction the generation of color-coded players is yet to be concluded. I'd have preferred if they had gone further with either one. While I did not think much of this season, I'd definitely watch a second, especially with most of the introductions out of the way.

how is this just an introduction? this series was very fast paced and they already played against 3/5 of the generation of miracles
Sep 22, 2012 5:47 PM
Oct 2011
DarthChomuk said:
Brilliant anime, I'm glad I picked this one up. I was really rooting for Kise, though the outcome did not surprise me at all. Ending hints at Season 2? I'd say so, especially since the manga is still publishing, and there's still 2 Miracle Generation members to beat. Easy 9/10.
The 2nd season, if there will be any, will be more than just Seirin beating the 2 MG left, and if you remember they didn't beat Aomine yet.
Sep 22, 2012 5:54 PM

May 2012
Omg. It's over. I feel kinda empty right now. AISHETWIOOTIERJKERJ
This has been like my anime life line for the past few months ;A; And if there isn't a season two, then some tables are gonna get flipped (doubt it though, cause of SOO MANY implications)

Sep 22, 2012 6:00 PM

Feb 2010
My Saturday's wont be the same. It was a solid adaptation of the manga, and I'm eagerly waiting for a second season, specially after those damn teasers in the end. If they had shown Himuro too I would have collapsed of excitement.
Sep 22, 2012 6:20 PM

Mar 2011
Amazing episode
Amazing series and basketball anime
Very consistent til the end
And definitely will watch season 2
That preview hopefully confirm that It will have season 2 and I hope It's not far

10/10
Sep 22, 2012 6:25 PM

Dec 2010
Amazing adaption of a great manga; they animated arguably my favorite match really well to; the emotions were well conveyed like in the scene when Kise couldn't get up; tho i wish they didn't remove the blood part; because IIRC he bleed from punching the floor so hard. That aside it was nice that they portrayed hints of Aomine's soft side because its essential to his development. As has been said by many many people this needs a season 2; because in honesty the Winter Cup is even better than what we have seen so far; Kise vs Aomine may still be one if not my favorite match of the entire manga but as a whole the Winter cup is filled with amazing matches; The Yosen one in particular is great. Also seeing Akashi animated would be pure win; i may be optimistic in saying this but i think that preview along with its good sales makes it a guarantee; hopefully the wait isn't to long XD
Sep 22, 2012 6:25 PM

Jan 2011
Such a great way to end the Anime. Kise VS Aomine was so fucking intense. Aomine's play style isn't suited for team play so that's why Kise lost and also the fact that he isn't as strong as him. Kise struggling to get up was pretty sad. Kasamatsu is one awesome captain. He takes care of Kise and his team members but when he's alone in the locker room he breaks down emotionally. Gotta feel sorry for him.

Kuroko no Basket as a whole is so entertaining. I usually don't watch sports Anime but this one got me so into it. I was hyped every time during an episode. The BGM is also amazing. Can't wait to get the OST when it comes out in a few days. Production I.G did an awesome job with this Anime; successfully redeemed themselves after Guilty Crown. :P Probably one of my favourite Shounen Anime of all time too.
I seriously have no complaints other than the fact that Aomine is a major asshole LOL. Also Midorima's disguises suck. xD
Gotta give Kuroko no Basket a 10/10.

Ending showing clips of what will happen during the 'Winter Cup', oh man season 2 confirmed already. This episode is literally hyping you up for the 2nd season. Seems like it's gonna get even more intense. Can't fucking wait. Well after watching the Anime, gotta read the manga now. :D
Sep 22, 2012 6:28 PM

Dec 2010
lindsayzzz said:
I seriously have no complaints other than the fact that Aomine is a major asshole LOL.

Hold the judgment; just like this match made tons of people like Kise; there is development later for Aomine also; him having a soft side was the truth; especially for Kuroko, friendships like theirs die hard; if anything Aomine is just a tsundere.
Sep 22, 2012 6:34 PM

Jun 2010
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooah. OOOOOOOMMMMMMMMGGG.

Im really speechless, award Production I.G for the adaptation of the year NOW!!

Damn. Somewhere in the middle of this episode, I was thought "I hope they explain the physical restraints of GoM in their body". And they sure did. They even hinted about the ZONE mode.

I really thought they would announce season 2 at the end. Well, they kinda did but not really official. Fucking badass. Murasakibara and Akashi. Words can't explain how badass this episode is.

I WAS PRACTICALLY DYING WHEN THEY SHOWED THE PREVIEW OF WINTER CUP. THE MEETING OF GOM. AKASHI'S AURA WAS OMG. OMG. ASDASDAFAJKSHDJKASHDAK. + THE FUCKING AWESOME ED SONG CATAL RHYTM..

I wanted to talk about it more but unfortunately I don't have enough time.. KnB is a fantastic manga. KnB + Production I.G = Beyond the word awesome.

9/10 Damn it. Im not really a fan of sports Anime but I will give this a 9. Pretty big score compare to other Anime this season.
Sep 22, 2012 6:43 PM

Feb 2012
OMG SFDSFGDHRTGERAFDHFGHT. I was way too pumped throughout this episode. And i don't even like Basketball!
Aomine, that OP bastard, needs to loose. Seriously. Can't stand him. Don't care how tsundere you want to be- it's good sportsmanship to help someone who can't get up. Ass.
And hey! They finally showed the other two who showed up in both OPs but never in the Anime until now!
Next season preview at the end?! F-YEAH!

Overall 9/10. Great show.
VyudaliSep 22, 2012 7:01 PM
Sep 22, 2012 6:57 PM

Feb 2012
Season 2 is inevitable. What we have to wait for is airing date :D
Seems like they finished animating it too.
Sep 22, 2012 7:24 PM

Dec 2010
HauntingShock said:

Well sometimes they just do clips to build up hype without actually doing the series; its annoying but it does happen

That said i doubt its the case with this series, it really is as you said inevitable XD
Sep 22, 2012 7:34 PM

Feb 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
HauntingShock said:

Well sometimes they just do clips to build up hype without actually doing the series; its annoying but it does happen

That said i doubt its the case with this series, it really is as you said inevitable XD

I know what you meant...*coughs* Kami nomi >.<
Sep 22, 2012 7:36 PM
May 2012
Damn that was so intense! KISE, I was sad for him...
Sad to see this one go! 8/10 - First half was great, middle was + /- much but the last three episodes were SO INTENSE!\o/
And now... it's over... D:

I think it's possible the new season will air in Winter...ironically that would be the Winter Cup. uahsuahsuash
The ED credits even showed that new arc, so season 2!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm betting winter or spring 13. lol

KnB in my heart!!!!! S2
Sep 22, 2012 7:38 PM

Dec 2010
HauntingShock said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
HauntingShock said:

Hopefully that Tenri OVA means that a season 3 will follow; because with how great the manga is its a crime not to make a season 3
Sep 22, 2012 7:48 PM

Feb 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
HauntingShock said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
HauntingShock said:

Hopefully that Tenri OVA means that a season 3 will follow; because with how great the manga is its a crime not to make a season 3

ikr.

Oh lol I just noticed I passed the 1k posts mark :D
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2012

245 by removed-user »»
Apr 3, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kaeji - Sep 8, 2012

116 by removed-user »»
Apr 3, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Fiji - Sep 1, 2012

106 by removed-user »»
Apr 2, 7:18 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Itami - Aug 25, 2012

111 by removed-user »»
Apr 1, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kiev - Aug 18, 2012

97 by removed-user »»
Apr 1, 4:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.