Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 22, 2012 6:21 PM

Aug 2012
Oh, so Kirito got some programming skill. I should not be surprised -.-

He could change a program into an object (even store it as his NerveGear local data), why didn't he try to hack the system? At least, try to shut down the program that burn brain when a player die in game. Or, activate the log out button, he got a GM access right?

That's it. It's not that I hate SAO, though. SAO just lost it's place as (my personal) best anime of the season.
Waiting for next week anime gives me another reason to live.

Aug 2008
Scoops said:
hyperknees91 said:
HauntingShock said:
hyperknees91 said:
Ominous_bat said:
I'm not sure if anyone else is thinking this, but how are these people still alive? Are they all on life support in a hospital? And what's the point of eating food? I suppose they get pleasure out of eating, but there's no other point. I'm skeptical of thousands of people on life support without moving their nerv gear or turning off their computer. Hasn't it been years in real life already? So many questions. -_-

They can't be in a hospital. Remember they can't disconnect the gear thing from their room hah.

It wasn't mentioned in the anime, but Kayaba gave them an hour and allowed them to disconnect the nervegear.

Um...what? If they had to disconnect their nervegears..wouldn't they have been forced to logout..uhhh

Plus how does lag work. If a thunderstorm happens and the power gets knocked out, do they all die?

What if the net gets disconnected. ahhh so many plot holes.

it's all explained in the novel.
Internal battery.

An internal battery that lasts for 2 years?

Doesn't explain lag or possibility of a net disconnection.
Jul 2012
hyperknees91 said:

Um...what? If they had to disconnect their nervegears..wouldn't they have been forced to logout..uhhh

Plus how does lag work. If a thunderstorm happens and the power gets knocked out, do they all die?

The NerveGear has an internal battery that runs for 2 hours, so one can disconnect it for that period of time.

After 2 hours, the battery will run out and the NerveGear will simply fry the brain.

If a Thunderstorm happens, they have 2 hours to fix everything.
Sep 22, 2012 6:22 PM

Aug 2011
Post your fucking spoilers people.
Sep 22, 2012 6:22 PM

Aug 2008
Blitzschnell said:
hyperknees91 said:

The NerveGear has an internal battery that runs for 2 hours, so one can disconnect it for that period of time.

Ah I see. Makes sense now.

After 2 hours, the battery will run out and the NerveGear will simply fry the brain.

If a Thunderstorm happens, they have 2 hours to fix everything.

ah I see.
Sep 22, 2012 6:23 PM

Feb 2012
And I thought lag would never happen...they had a dedicated server just for it..WHICH will be introduced in the coming episodes...
Sep 22, 2012 6:23 PM

Sep 2011
hyperknees91 said:
Scoops said:
hyperknees91 said:
HauntingShock said:
hyperknees91 said:
Ominous_bat said:
I'm not sure if anyone else is thinking this, but how are these people still alive? Are they all on life support in a hospital? And what's the point of eating food? I suppose they get pleasure out of eating, but there's no other point. I'm skeptical of thousands of people on life support without moving their nerv gear or turning off their computer. Hasn't it been years in real life already? So many questions. -_-

They can't be in a hospital. Remember they can't disconnect the gear thing from their room hah.

It wasn't mentioned in the anime, but Kayaba gave them an hour and allowed them to disconnect the nervegear.

Internal battery.

Read the Light Novel instead of complaining every detail on the thread, plus the LN is better.
Sep 22, 2012 6:24 PM

Feb 2012
hyperknees91 said:
Scoops said:
hyperknees91 said:
HauntingShock said:
hyperknees91 said:
Ominous_bat said:

Internal battery.

Why does it necessarily have to last for 2 years?

And I guess they are allowed to disconnected for a while, but not take of the helmets?
And they are all connected in an hospital after all.
Sep 22, 2012 6:25 PM

Aug 2008
HauntingShock said:
And I thought lag would never happen...they had a dedicated server just for it..WHICH will be introduced in the coming episodes...

guess no server maintenance ever then.
Sep 22, 2012 6:28 PM
Jul 2012
hyperknees91 said:
HauntingShock said:

I actually assumed Cardinal had the ability to seal off areas and perform maintenance checks by itself, since they never said anything about that.

Its a self-regulated dedicated server. Basically every MMORPGamer's dream of a server.
Sep 22, 2012 6:28 PM

Feb 2012
Awaki said:
Post your fucking spoilers people.

What spoilers?
hyperknees91 said:

Really?
Sep 22, 2012 6:31 PM

Aug 2008
Blitzschnell said:
hyperknees91 said:
HauntingShock said:

I actually assumed Cardinal had the ability to seal off areas and perform maintenance checks by itself, since they never said anything about that.

Its a self-regulated dedicated server. Basically every MMORPGamer's dream of a server.

Sounds like a good time. Diablo 3 players would die for that server.

Also how does Kirito friggin save Yui's heart? I mean...how in the world does he even know how to do what he did to save it. Is this some sort of hacking he learned beforehand. It just seemed to go, rather smoothly.
Sep 22, 2012 6:32 PM
Dec 2011
Yui-chan ;__ ;
Sep 22, 2012 6:34 PM

Nov 2011
hyperknees91 said:
Blitzschnell said:
hyperknees91 said:
HauntingShock said:

Also how does Kirito friggin save Yui's heart? I mean...how in the world does he even know how to do what he did to save it. Is this some sort of hacking he learned beforehand. It just seemed to go, rather smoothly.

Kirito is a super-leet hacker, what else would he be?

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Sep 22, 2012 6:35 PM
Jul 2012
hyperknees91 said:

Or maybe, the GM program was actually very simple to use. Something like menu > convert > data > create > In-game Item.

Considering they had a Probably-Level-90 Boss and Possibly-Immortal-Boss guarding the room, I'm sure they had the confidence to keep the GM program simple. And chances are there was an external lock that Kirito wouldn't be able to bypass usually, but Yui already unlocked that.
Sep 22, 2012 6:37 PM

Feb 2012
hyperknees91 said:
Blitzschnell said:
hyperknees91 said:
HauntingShock said:

Saving it to the internal memory cant be that of a big deal, but the "hacking animation" was a bit exaggerated, yeah.
Sep 22, 2012 6:45 PM
Jun 2012
Scoops said:
hyperknees91 said:
Scoops said:
hyperknees91 said:
HauntingShock said:
hyperknees91 said:
Ominous_bat said:

Internal battery.

Why does it necessarily have to last for 2 years?

And I guess they are allowed to disconnected for a while, but not take of the helmets?
And they are all connected in an hospital after all.

That makes sense.
Sep 22, 2012 6:55 PM
Jul 2012
wow... this episode was fucking boring. I feel like that whole yui arc was pointless.

Feb 2010
This an episode discussion, talk about the episode. Quit naming every plothole so you feel better about yourselves, some people actually enjoy watching anime. Be positive, not negative. If you can't, quit watching and littering the forums with stupid stuff.

Feb 2012
hyperknees91 said:
Blitzschnell said:
hyperknees91 said:
HauntingShock said:

Yeah, like they said, it must be really simple with extravagant effects lol

But just so you know, Kirito actually loves tinkering with computers and techie stuff. Might be a genius since he was doing it even as a little kid.
Sep 22, 2012 6:57 PM

Nov 2011
Goatee said:
This an episode discussion, talk about the episode. Quit naming every plothole so you feel better about yourselves, some people actually enjoy watching anime. Be positive, not negative. If you can't, quit watching and littering the forums with stupid stuff.

Oh sorry, I forgot forums where only supposed to be used for circlejer.. I mean positive opinions.

My bad, I apologize.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Sep 22, 2012 6:59 PM
Jun 2010
BossLuffy said:
No seriously!
Sword Art Online is pretty great, but am I the only one who likes the LN better than the anime adaption so far.

I like the LN much better, the adaptation seems abit rush and it really downplays the emotional connection between the audiences and the character within the series. The anime isn't that bad, but it's really not that great either. Either way, it's fine by me.

-

As for people getting attach to programs is not unusual as most peeps make it out to be. An example would be gamers who are attach to their pet with very little AI, or characters in a game to even cry about them. Yes, I do know people in real life who did, but mostly from older generation of gamers. So it's not surprising to me if people get attach to AI programs, especially one that is so human like. If it was overuse in fiction, yes which causes a similar affect to image-fatigue.

It is usually programmers that get attach to their own personal programs, unless they are tempted by large amount of money and even some might not sell the rights to their program. Mostly because they put in a large amount of effort into it.
Sep 22, 2012 7:01 PM

Apr 2012
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THEY KILLED THE LOLI!!! WHHHHYYYYY?!?!?! This anime really likes to screw with me.

Sep 22, 2012 7:04 PM

Feb 2012
Messingo said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THEY KILLED THE LOLI!!! WHHHHYYYYY?!?!?! This anime really likes to screw with me.

Sep 22, 2012 7:09 PM

Sep 2011
Weird all sub groups name her yulier, but on wiki her name is Yuriel, and Sinker as Thinker. Are the names on SOA Wiki wrong or what..
TyrelSep 22, 2012 7:17 PM
Sep 22, 2012 7:11 PM

Aug 2008
HauntingShock said:
hyperknees91 said:
Blitzschnell said:
hyperknees91 said:
HauntingShock said:

Yeah, like they said, it must be really simple with extravagant effects lol

But just so you know, Kirito actually loves tinkering with computers and techie stuff. Might be a genius since he was doing it even as a little kid.

Still pretty random skill display. He does it in like 5 seconds, it's just like...what? how in the actual crap did he even do that?

Maybe if this was established earlier on it would be more believable but nah, that's asking too much of this show.
Sep 22, 2012 7:17 PM

Jan 2012
hyperknees91 said:
Blitzschnell said:
hyperknees91 said:
HauntingShock said:

He's a genius programmer, I could've sworn that was in SAO's description but maybe that was in the LN
Sep 22, 2012 7:19 PM

Aug 2012
Theres not a single episode of this series i dont like so far.
Sep 22, 2012 7:20 PM
Jun 2010
Blitzschnell said:

Or maybe, the GM program was actually very simple to use. Something like menu > convert > data > create > In-game Item.

~speaking in alien language~

Or he create an Derive-Object, with a additional data member of type whatever and copy the data bit into that variable directly. There's a usually a single one line function to copy data bits into another variable, IRL so it's not surprising to me.

The Base-Class of the object already contains all the minimum requirement to create a valid Object Class with some exceptions of virtual members but I will assume the new item is a Derive-Class of an existing Derive-Class so he wouldn't really have to consider those.

Basically in short, it's like a wrapper class, however this would require a real-time compiler.

-

It is more likely though, that it is more simpler to do since you want the developer to add new content with ease at a quicker pace. Such example would be using the game engine built-in function such as "Add New Item >> New Object >> etc." then set the parameters and add data to it, then "Export Object >> etc." (Where to save data.)
Sep 22, 2012 7:24 PM

Jun 2012
Great episode as always, although I felt strongly that the fight was again short (not surprising anymore), and the arc itself seemed short. Although it was short, it still was emotional with the ending, although it resolves(?) with her being saved. I don't get how that thing works, but I guess I don't have to worry about it until very much later. I also felt like the situation set up for Yui was very abrupt and quick, but that's what they did. Anyway, I am looking forward to what is next, since we didn't get any start at the end of the episode. 5/5 of course.

Sep 22, 2012 7:24 PM

Oct 2010
Tyrel said:
Weird all sub groups name her yulier, but on wiki her name is Yuriel, and Sinker as Thinker. Are the names on SOA Wiki wrong or what..
It's not the first time. Kuredeel also had the same problem Cradile being his name as better.

I agree it was and I REJECT Yulier. I prefer much more Yuriel.

Sounds more sexy.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 22, 2012 7:25 PM
May 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
Paul said:
Watched it. Again didn't really care much about Yui but Kirito's random comments were fun. "She's in her rebellious stage" made me lulz. The frog leg scene was fun as well.

Strange, I might forgetting something but can someone remind me...

If i remember correctly

What is ALO???
Sep 22, 2012 7:31 PM

Sep 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Tyrel said:
It's not the first time. Kuredeel also had the same problem Cradile being his name as better.

I agree it was and I REJECT Yulier. I prefer much more Yuriel.

Sounds more sexy.

Yeah..I'm just not hearing "Thinker" I'm hearing more of a "Sinker" when his name is said. Same goes for "Yuriel" being said as "Yulier"..

Some guy said this on UTW POST: That’s what it called in “Engrish”. I really don’t like when the Japanese pronounce / write the english word using katakana words. It will cause ambiguous meaning or mistranslation.
Sep 22, 2012 7:31 PM
Jun 2010
unj008 said:
What is ALO???

Sep 22, 2012 7:39 PM

May 2010
Why cant shit stay happyer longer then 2 episode damn it!!!!!!! now im sad :( YUIIIIIIIIII
Sep 22, 2012 7:40 PM

Dec 2010
unj008 said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Paul said:
Watched it. Again didn't really care much about Yui but Kirito's random comments were fun. "She's in her rebellious stage" made me lulz. The frog leg scene was fun as well.

If i remember correctly

What is ALO???

The arc after this one it stands for ALFheim Online, the current novel has 10 released volumes; the first two cover SAO, the next two cover ALO, the next two after that cover GGO, then 7 is a independent story focused on Asuna called Mothers Rosario, volume 8 is side stories and volume 9 and 10 are the latest arc Underworld.
Sep 22, 2012 7:45 PM

Jan 2009
good episode at least their is a chance for Yui to be revived
Sep 22, 2012 7:49 PM
Jul 2011
*Spoilers I guess for the whole episode*

I don't post or talk on here about anime I've watched but this made me take to the boards.

I distinctly remember Asuna was planning to lure a boss to village to kill NPCs while they in turn attacked the boss. When Kirito objected, Asuna pulled rank and said that they would just respawn, giving the impression that LIVING people are far more important to her (which is understandable). Granted, Yui did say she was being deleted and I suppose she had more personality than a normal NPC (which we really don't know because we don't see a lot of NPCs) but it's weird that she'd change her mind about things that aren't real so quickly.

I'll be honest, I haven't read the novel but I liked the show before this part of the story. I understand that Asuna and Kirito were kinda doomed to get together but in the anime, it feels rushed and forced even. Asuna was a strong leading lady and now she's wimpy (emotionally) and clinging to Kirito in a really weird kinda way.

This is all IMO of course and I know that someone will defend this and definitely to each his or her own but these last few episodes have been bugging me and I really wanted to point that out about Asuna.

And a side note: while Yui was fading or whatever, all I could do was shout at my monitor that they needed to use the really important GM station before they got locked out or something.
Sep 22, 2012 7:58 PM

Dec 2010
ppl here really have a low amount of tolerance for negative criticism

anyway, I wonder if this series will keep focusing on "drama" like that
sure as hell not what I hoped it would be
Sep 22, 2012 8:00 PM

Sep 2011
ShiroX said:
ppl here really have a low amount of tolerance for negative criticism

anyway, I wonder if this series will keep focusing on "drama" like that
sure as hell not what I hoped it would be

Next 2 episodes going to have some "Drama"
Sep 22, 2012 8:03 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Lol at people forgetting this is a science fiction series with a nearly-fantasy-level digital technology. An AI that actually has emotions and personalities? Pfft. It's not an impossibility.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 22, 2012 8:11 PM

Feb 2008
I really, truly wish that the fights would be handled with actual tactics instead of powerlevels and plot armor (i.e. deus ex machina). This is an MMO after all, where tactics should be paramount in the first place. There has been none of that so far, just Kirito winning the battle through awful and contrived plot devices or being insanely overpowered. There's no tension, it's just boring and disappointing. It's really a shame too because these fights have a lot of potential and could be something great if they were actually handled properly.

Didn't enjoy the insanely cliche dialogue with Yui and her "heart" at the end either.
Sep 22, 2012 8:15 PM

Oct 2010
InfiniteDestiny said:
unj008 said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Paul said:

If i remember correctly

What is ALO???

The arc after this one it stands for ALFheim Online, the current novel has 10 released volumes; the first two cover SAO, the next two cover ALO, the next two after that cover GGO, then 7 is a independent story focused on Asuna called Mothers Rosario, volume 8 is side stories and volume 9 and 10 are the latest arc Underworld.
Hey buddy based on this + the pace as of this episode. Will they do GGO or stop before it? I would suggest highly to finish with GGO if they can and do 12 episodes series or 24 more of the rest and finish it up if possible.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 22, 2012 8:16 PM

Sep 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
unj008 said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Paul said:

If i remember correctly

What is ALO???

Hey buddy based on this + the pace as of this episode. Will they do GGO or stop before it? I would suggest highly to finish with GGO if they can and do 12 episodes series or 24 more of the rest and finish it up if possible.

Yume, they'll be doing ALO for final 11 episodes. Aincrad ending at episode 14.
Episode 13: Depths of hell
Episode 14: The end of the world.
judging by this. Don't click if you don't want to be spoiled.

Purely my predictions on final 2 episodes.
Sep 22, 2012 8:21 PM

Dec 2010
Tyrel said:
Yumekichi11 said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
unj008 said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Paul said:

If i remember correctly

What is ALO???

They won't reach GGO; no way no how they do. I wouldn't want them to either; GGO needs a proper adaption, not to be squeezed in with ALO; and i can see why they would want to end this season with ALO, and thats because how ALO ends has a lot of closure before GGO begins; many argued that the series itself could have ended there (glad it didn't tho since GGO is amazing).

ALO is rather short compared to the rest so 11 episodes should be enough; people likely should lessen complaints also since it has no side stories; its structure is a "straight line" sort of adaption. That said tho the volumes for ALO are way inferior compared to SAO so it will be interesting to see how people receive it.
Sep 22, 2012 8:22 PM

Sep 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
Tyrel said:
Yumekichi11 said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
unj008 said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Paul said:

If i remember correctly

What is ALO???

They won't reach GGO; no way no how they do. I wouldn't want them to either; GGO needs a proper adaption, not to be squeezed in with ALO; and i can see why they would want to end this season with ALO, and thats because how ALO ends has a lot of closure before GGO begins; many argued that the series itself could have ended there (glad it didn't tho since GGO is amazing).

ALO is rather short compared to the rest so 11 episodes should be enough; people likely should lessen complaints also since it has no side stories; its structure is a "straight line" sort of adaption. That said tho the volumes for ALO are way inferior compared to SAO so it will be interesting to see how people receive it.

Complaints won't lessen. This is MAL we're talking about. Also finishing with ALO is good, as it is shorter then SAO and shouldn't be rushed. GGO would need its own adaptation like you mentioned.
Sep 22, 2012 8:24 PM
Apr 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
unj008 said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Paul said:

If i remember correctly

What is ALO???

I wasn't going to spoiler tag, but I ended up saying more than I was originally intending to, so meh xD
Sep 22, 2012 8:25 PM

Oct 2008
I don't see why there is any confusion. It seemed clear to me that the reaper's tag was a redish "unknown" as seen by Kirito. It even has a red crystal. Whereas, Yui's tag is definitely a purple "Immortal Object". Through Asuna's view you can see the reaper through what seems to be clearly Yui's tag. In other words, the Immortal Oject tag was above Yui and never seen above the reaper. And as stated in the previous episode, she has no crystal. So I agree with those who say the Reaper was just a very high level monster --- probably around 90 like Kirito states. I imagine Yui had to hack the system because she has no stats in order to kill monsters but she herself couldn't be killed.
Sep 22, 2012 8:30 PM
Apr 2011
n10sity said:
I don't see why there is any confusion. It seemed clear to me that the reaper's tag was a redish "unknown" as seen by Kirito. It even has a red crystal. Whereas, Yui's tag is definitely a purple "Immortal Object". Through Asuna's view you can see the reaper through what seems to be clearly Yui's tag. In other words, the Immortal Oject tag was above Yui and never seen above the reaper. And as stated in the previous episode, she as no crystal. So I agree with those who say the Reaper was just a very high level monster --- probably around 90 like Kirito states. I imagine Yui had to hack the system because she has no stats in order to kill monster but she herself couldn't be killed.

She had GM powers originally, due to being an AI created by the system. The reason she had those powers revoked was because she acted against a directive from the system - namely, not to interact with the players. So she didn't need to hack the system, due to the system bestowing those powers upon her (she had to remember what she was, but there was no need to hack.)

I believe it stated in the novels that the reaper was never supposed to be killable - due to the fact it was guarding a console that could give access to the system. BUt I could be wrong - haven't read this side story in a while.
Sep 22, 2012 8:32 PM

Jul 2012
Anyone reminded of Persona 3 reaper?? Random boss with high level that can appear at any stage lol it was a complete imitation lol

Anyways as for the story idc I talked about it last week this anime isn't gonna be the action alot of people anticipated, its just a love story/slice of life...im just waiting for Laughing coffin that's it.

Hopefully next week won't be a cliche as these past episodes I mean I could have watched a disney movie if I wanted to see that stuff ....lol jk but romance is fine but there really overdoing it now if they were training like they should have been they could have beaten that monster instead of playing SIMs or virtual family stuff...this ain't accel world this is a game that literally decides your life... i wouldn't be foolin around
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Apr 23, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.