MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon_SEASON 3 ???
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon II »» Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon_SEASON 3 ???

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
03-25-13, 2:45 AM

I'm wishing for a Season 3 as well. The music is great, the story is good, but the Character development is amazing for having so many. It's like watching Suikoden as an anime. Totally worth it.

04-24-13, 8:26 PM

i m also wishing for season 3

its worth watching :D

enjoy both 2 seasons :D

05-13-13, 5:58 PM

This series really deserves one.
GIMME S3 DAMMIT

05-16-13, 11:51 AM

There will be season 3 since new characters were introduced at the ending , just a matter of time now to hear the good news

05-16-13, 12:50 PM

Persius said:
There will be season 3 since new characters were introduced at the ending , just a matter of time now to hear the good news

You know, that isn't really a guarantee that there will be another season. You gotta take in other factors into account.
And here's the thing: we'll have to wait at least 3 years before we get a season 3, if we DO get one. Sure, both seasons sold fantastically and there is still A LOT of material they can use for S3 (and beyond), but this series took like 2 years to be made as well as an immense amount of effort from animators that aren't paid very well. Sunrise might just decide S3 is not worth it.
That said I'd friggin' love if they made more. Who knows, we'll just have to be (very) patient on this one.

05-23-13, 9:37 AM

I think there must be season 3 for this anime.. idk maybe in 2014? :o

"My name is Kissshot-Acerolaorion-Heartunderblade...... the iron-blooded, hot-blooded, cold-blooded vampire."

05-23-13, 10:11 AM

makarov52 said:
I think there must be season 3 for this anime.. idk maybe in 2014? :o

No worries, the 2nd season sold an average of 20K+ discs, only a slight drop from the sales of the 1st season. That is the type of numbers and in particular the consistency that producers love to see.

My guess is that the first two seasons had been green lighted together which is why they were released so close together. The producers probably wanted to see what the success was before green-lighting a third season. With these sales number though unless there is some weird political reason, there will definitely be a 3 and maybe even a 4th season.

What will happen is that the producers will probably once again solicit production companies, who will in turn bring together the talent. This takes some time to coordinate, so definitely probably a 2014 release (unless they already had the framework for a 3rd season in place.)

I found it funny how the show ended both the first season and the second. The first season ended with a definite feeling of we will be back soon. The second season, recommending a rest before the next adventure showed that it will be a bit of a longer wait here.

06-11-13, 8:03 AM

I'd really like a third season, this series as so much great development to offer.

06-14-13, 12:33 AM

Kashim-kun said:
Your not thinking like a Japanese. "It did great, awesome. Now lets make another hit rather than chance another season not working". From what I've seen horizon may be popular, but its not mainstream like bleach or one piece, making it more of a gamble. Besides, the trends may have changed while it was being aired. Seems anime gets released in waves of the same genre. I see this either being announced next season to be produced or it taking 5-8 years to come out.

Just because something isn't as mainstream as Bleach or One Piece that doesn't mean it's a gamble. There are tons upon tons of anime that don't get Bleach or One Piece numbers that end up getting renewed for more seasons. It's incredibly rare to get sales that ridiculously high. If Japanese actually did it like that, we'd hardly ever get extra seasons because it would be setting the bar way too high.

If it sales well enough, then it's enough to warrant another season.

Also 5-8 years? That's insane. How many shows do you see have a sequel air 5 years later?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

06-21-13, 1:22 AM

Quite a lot actually...

07-12-13, 8:08 PM

has Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II been released anywhere other then japan? If not those sales figures will still rise.
nvm forgot to look first, also if they can make the 3rd season as great as seasons 1 and 2 it will not be a risk
Modified by the_halo, 07-12-13, 8:15 PM

07-17-13, 4:54 AM

They really need to work on the anime fast because the author writes one arc every year and one season of the anime covers one arc. This year the novels have reached the 6th arc and most likely the 7th arc is next year. Even if there's gonna be a third season next year, by that time the anime would be 4 arcs or 4 years behind.

The main problem is how many arcs will this series have and is the studio willing to produce so many seasons when one season only covers one arc?

07-31-13, 2:26 AM

there is a simple solution to that problem and it is to make the seasons longer so they cover more than one arc per season that way they could eventually catch up and we wouldn't have to wait so long for more
Senjougahara Hitagi:"If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed . Isn't that romantic?"

08-23-13, 8:20 AM

i don't really know much about this things. Just finished watching season 2. From a business standpoint however, i'd be concerned about new viewers not understanding crap (ie: prerequisite watching both seasons to understand the complex story, hence limiting your audience) if you grab the amount of people that bought season 2 and cut out a % of people that wouldn't buy S3 for whatever reason out of it...it might not be worth the trouble (ie: other investments are more profitable).

Again, i'm just looking at it in my very noobish point of view. Hope it does come out.

08-27-13, 8:39 AM

ZetronovieK said:
i don't really know much about this things. Just finished watching season 2. From a business standpoint however, i'd be concerned about new viewers not understanding crap (ie: prerequisite watching both seasons to understand the complex story, hence limiting your audience) if you grab the amount of people that bought season 2 and cut out a % of people that wouldn't buy S3 for whatever reason out of it...it might not be worth the trouble (ie: other investments are more profitable).

Again, i'm just looking at it in my very noobish point of view. Hope it does come out.

I don't think new viewers will watch the third season, if they are interested they will obtain the other 2 seasons somehow and watch them to catch up before the third season.

Season 2 final blu ray average was only 1.2k below Season 1 final blu ray average in terms of sales.

08-29-13, 2:26 PM

Sooo.... Any news in this matter? :)

09-19-13, 6:08 PM

ma_ko said:

I was at the Sunrise Panel in Anime Expo 2013 and they said its in the works

09-20-13, 7:39 AM

westusa said:
ma_ko said:

you mean? they're working on S3?

09-20-13, 11:19 AM

westusa said:
ma_ko said:

great :D

waiting..............

11-10-13, 10:41 PM

i come just to finish the series in like 2 days, interesting story(i would say that this anime is rather complicated for young people) i didnt liked to see Toori Aoi naked 75% of the series(well i think they just exagerated a bit on this in the second season but otherwise) this series was Really nice, probably a season 3 in 2014? spring or fall? if anyone have any news would be greatly appreciated

Modified by firstblood, 11-11-13, 9:22 PM

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices