Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 19, 2012 3:01 AM

Sep 2010
Its elfen lied all over again *yaaay*.

But really, dafuq its so random and makes no sense...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2012 3:06 AM

Feb 2012
I know it's fanservice...but I don't even "feel" anything about it >.<
Sep 19, 2012 7:22 AM

Jun 2012
I totally agree, I'm sick of their clothe always getting ripped the same way. I don't know way the even keep putting it one. You know the moment a monster appears that they will get naked so why bother?
What I also wanted to rant about, was the fact that the clothes got ripped but their bodies had no marks afterwards. Although in the last episodes Lisara had burn scars all over her. I found that to be well thought.
Sep 19, 2012 9:49 AM

Sep 2010
Yeh im normally not one who's hating on fanservice or nude-ness, but only when its legit usefull or just fanservice.

here its more like "Hey a battle, and poof your cloths are gone", battles are not fanservice moments so just keep em clean.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2012 10:52 AM

Jan 2011
Agree, as a big fan of fanservice, its just completely pointless here. They don't even try to emphasize on the sex appeal of being naked. Lisara can literally fight with her titties all out, and No one, not even her enemies ask WTF is going on
Sep 24, 2012 4:38 PM

Mar 2012
Comedic effect I guess? I mean it just doesn't really matter to me
Sep 24, 2012 5:09 PM
Jul 2012
I'm not going to ask them to stop.

More pl0x me likey
-GrayZOX
Sep 24, 2012 7:29 PM
Feb 2012
"Random nudity that seems to have no added value"
It's not just seeming to have no value it actually has zero value.

I am immune to this crap.
Sep 25, 2012 3:30 PM
Oct 2009
And people are...complaining about the fanservice?

Seriously? This is ECCHI we're talking about. I'd be pretty upset if they didn't have nudity in an ECCHI show.

And who cares if it's unnecessary to make female clothing disappear in all the important fights. They're beautiful women. Just from a really practical standpoint...why would you complain about it?

Granted it takes the manliness of Ryosuke to make the show epic, but as I recall, beautiful naked bodies are pretty fun to look at.
Sep 25, 2012 5:02 PM

Aug 2011
A2ZOMG said:

Seriously? This is ECCHI we're talking about. I'd be pretty upset if they didn't have nudity in an ECCHI show.

And who cares if it's unnecessary to make female clothing disappear in all the important fights. They're beautiful women. Just from a really practical standpoint...why would you complain about it?

Granted it takes the manliness of Ryosuke to make the show epic, but as I recall, beautiful naked bodies are pretty fun to look at.

At least, in typical ecchi there's an actual plot line, and there's a reason why they (at some point in time) do not have clothes. Here it's just, "Oh no, alien monsters! Time to transform and battle them! Oh no, they hit me with something! My clothes are ripping, but there are no marks on my body lol :DDDDDDD WHAT TO DO."
Sep 25, 2012 5:19 PM

Nov 2010
UtsukushiiYume said:
At least, in typical ecchi there's an actual plot line, and there's a reason why they (at some point in time) do not have clothes. Here it's just, "Oh no, alien monsters! Time to transform and battle them! Oh no, they hit me with something! My clothes are ripping, but there are no marks on my body lol :DDDDDDD WHAT TO DO."
Then what do you consider typical ecchi? because clothes ripping for no reason and every time there is a monster it has tentacles is common ecchi. And since they are ecchi anime of course they will never show wounds and the fighting isn't that great, wounds are not sexy at all. Most typical ecchi never has a really good story and almost always ends with the main never picking a girl, and if he does it's almost always the main heroine.
Sep 25, 2012 6:58 PM

Jan 2011
Ecchi is suppose to be there to arouse me, not there to make me WTF is this chick smoking. If you ain't trying to be sexy/arousing with it, da fuck you using it for? Some crazy ass bitch fighting a army with her titties popping out makes me question what the hell is her problem more so than get my boner going. The messed up part is NO ONE in the show notices when a girls tits are out, the bad guys acted like they didn't even notice em.
Sep 25, 2012 10:48 PM
Oct 2009
Yeah and I mean, as I was getting at, the show generally was worse when they didn't utilize Ryosuke's extreme manliness.

And to be fair, there is an actual plot line. Granted it's overall not that amazing unlike say, Sora no Otoshimono. The main redeeming part about this show besides gratuitous nudity is the entertaining characters. I mean Ryosuke just carries this show like no other ecchi harem protagonist for the most part, and the hot girls around him even with and especially because of whatever flaws they have as characters only emphasize Ryosuke's extreme manliness.
A2ZOMGSep 25, 2012 10:53 PM
Sep 26, 2012 2:07 AM

Feb 2012
What an awesome way to waste your time and effort? Isn't it?

This show is ridiculously bad. I don't find any sense in it. It's plot seems nearly worthy to be called "garbage" This is seriously one of the worst shows this season. Redundant recaps and on. It's not even entertaining. Well, the first episode was pretty good but as long as the story progresses, it keeps on getting worse. The only thing that keeps me from watching this crap is Lisara. If it weren't for Lisara, I would've dropped this a long time ago and scored this a 1.

This is one random crap with overloaded nudity that makes no sense. It doesn't have any material at all.

High School DxD > This crap If i were to use a rival to this one
Sep 26, 2012 9:34 AM

Sep 2010
A2ZOMG said:

most ecchi show's do a lot more with their nudity, this is more of a "it has random naked girls SO we tag it with ecchi"
Sep 26, 2012 10:02 AM

Nov 2010
Leonard93 said:
most ecchi show's do a lot more with their nudity, this is more of a "it has random naked girls SO we tag it with ecchi"

I don't know what you consider most ecchi. Most ecchi that I have watched has had a second rate story with a lot of naked girls. And what else could you do with ecchi? some are good at using it for comedy but not that much.
Sep 26, 2012 11:29 AM
Sep 2009
They can learn a thing or two about fanservice from To Love Ru ;)
Oct 2, 2012 7:49 PM
Feb 2011
I feel this would have been better as a hentai. The story is horribly thrown together around a very hentai-ish base.
Oct 2, 2012 8:14 PM

Jun 2008
Fanservice doesn't need to add much of anything, that's why it's fanservice.

Sure, there are some that do it better than others, but IMO, the fanservice was NOT the problem with this anime....far from it.
Apr 26, 2013 5:17 AM

Mar 2013
Quick BluRay review:

Boobs. Boobs. Big boobs. Small boobs. Boobs.

おっぱい.おっぱい.おっぱい.おっぱい.
Cherish what you know is true
Jan 17, 2014 6:00 PM
Dec 2012
After having watched it, my opinion is that this isn't a true ecchi anime (except in the beginning where it followed the typical comedic ecchi routine). There's fanservice, but the focus was on the plot. As long as you aren't easily distracted by boobs ("zOMG! i can't focus on what's happening 'cuz oppai!!"), it's not a detriment. Besides, the disappearing clothing does serve a functional purpose - as mentioned, it represents energy levels.

Reading the reviews, I was surprised how little credit went to the story. I personally thought the story of Boku-H was slightly stronger than Highschool DxD, the latter being more of a typical ecchi anime. That said, I enjoyed both and think they should be similarly rated. I can only guess that a lot of people dropped Boku-H early on because of the fanservice and that the rest who wanted comedic ecchi didn't get exactly what they wanted.
Apr 18, 2014 8:47 AM

Apr 2014
I thought the plot wasn't half bad really, as for the titties? Meh, who really gives a crap.
Tonight, Synklare joins the hunt.
Oct 4, 2014 9:43 AM

Jun 2013
I disagree that the nudity In Elfen Lied is random, i feel it has a purpose
I do agree that the nudity in this is random though, but what do you expect?
Nov 24, 2014 2:44 PM

Apr 2009
oh come on this is an ecchi anime

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Elite60 - Jul 5, 2012

158 by KILLERPNDA »»
Apr 14, 4:08 PM

» Dakara wa, H ga Dekinai season 2?

asianinvasion659 - Jul 22, 2014

41 by QuanqqVietNam »»
Nov 27, 2023 9:47 PM

Poll: » Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 19, 2012

73 by Donnawan »»
Jul 25, 2023 8:41 AM

Poll: » Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2012

203 by fgowy »»
Mar 21, 2023 10:21 PM

Poll: » Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2012

62 by fgowy »»
Mar 21, 2023 8:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.