Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2012 9:55 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's getting more and more hilarious and contemporary for KajiKaji's character!! Even going Tokusatsu!! Especially he's a shrimp!

Red hair guy and the little girl (Hanazawa-san's character, and daughter of emperor) who grew up fast in 3 years departure got into love?! Because of the difference in family, he wrote a poetry hoping that someone would see it and deliver to her.

Hanazawa-san's character tells her father about the story in her point of view. She's been chosen him since he gave her the flower to cheer her up. Father's setsunai feeling about not able to support her love into poetry. She can only make those days with him into memory.

Looks like KajiKaji's character's love next ep. since it's final ep. and the narration was by someone else that I guess it was Kishio-san (not sure if I'm correct though)'s voice.
tsubasaloverSep 17, 2012 6:10 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 17, 2012 5:54 PM
Jan 2008
This was ok..but kinda meh.

Not as fun as the other episodes...though next week we finally get to see whom that girl in the credits is exactly, along with Teika's story.
Sep 17, 2012 6:12 PM

Feb 2012
...........D:
This was sad, but yeah, that girl was a little too childish with her dream to realize the position those around her were in.
Sep 17, 2012 6:15 PM

Jan 2011
Another Fujiwara, just how many are they? o_O
Phew one reckless young empress. She was childish but refreshing. Loved the last minutes, with the image of the moon superimposed over her memories.

Next, it's Teika and Noriko, yay!
The world is the illusion of the real world.
Sep 17, 2012 9:01 PM

Feb 2011
I thought the 12th episode was great but deym! i was wrong...
I was awesome! Kana Hana <3
Sep 18, 2012 2:06 AM

May 2012
I love this anime but pains me much to see sad stories in which characters cannot live their love T_T
Sep 18, 2012 4:27 AM

Feb 2012
I think this was one of the saddest episodes from this anime. My heart kinda ached while I was watching this. But finally, next is the much awaited Teika x Noriko. I hope I wont be disappointed.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Sep 21, 2012 6:25 PM

Jul 2010
That was so sadly beautiful. :') Some things just are not meant to be, and I like how the show is able to reflect that, and not just gushy mushy love stories :)
Sep 21, 2012 9:54 PM

Nov 2011
Kana Hanazawa plays her role so well in this episode.
Sep 22, 2012 1:27 PM
Jul 2018
Nobody gets together: the anime. I'm loving this show.
Sep 24, 2012 2:22 PM

Jul 2012
Masako's (The girl) voice sounds like Reira from NANA. Iunno. Maybe it's just me who hears that. Although, she's not in the character database.

I loved the episode. 5/5
tsubasalover said:

Red hair guy and the little girl (Hanazawa-san's character, and daughter of emperor) who grew up fast in 3 years departure got into love?! Because of the difference in family, he wrote a poetry hoping that someone would see it and deliver to her

But...Yes I agree. Their development was a bit rushed.

One more episode to go! ;_;
Sep 24, 2012 3:44 PM

May 2010
The end was so sad!
Sep 26, 2012 7:46 PM

Feb 2010
nobody works out in this show.... bittersweet!

One more episode to go... :/
Jul 6, 2014 2:24 AM

Aug 2013
"Aww that's sweet they fell in love"

They can't be together.

T___T
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 15, 2014 10:44 PM

Apr 2014
The basic elements of this one was good, but it was waaaay too repetitious.

xchee said:
"Aww that's sweet they fell in love"

They can't be together.

T___T
LOL the story of this entire show

cottoncandy7 said:
Nobody gets together: the anime. I'm loving this show.
wait this one is better
Dec 20, 2014 2:50 PM

Jun 2012
How many of the 43 love poems were based on love that didnt work out?

Im guessing Teikas love will be the last one since he appears in the opening with a female.
Sol_OuDec 20, 2014 2:55 PM
Jun 20, 2015 12:40 PM
Mar 2012
Sol_Ou said:
How many of the 43 love poems were based on love that didnt work out?
Well, I guess it's a bit boring to write poems about love that worked out? Maybe?

Yeah, another unhappy ending... :/
But wasn't she a little young? I mean I'm not good with guessing the age of a child, but adding 3 years to it doesn't make her an adult...
Aug 25, 2015 9:52 AM

May 2012
This was totally cute episode! Really loved the setting and characters. Let's see what the last episode will offer us!
Apr 10, 2016 3:28 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
The age difference does seem pretty big, according wikipedia he was born in 992 and Princess Masako was born in 1012, so 20 years! But love knows no boundary and they were genuinely in love with each other in this episode. Masako indeed was naive, but I think any society that condemns two people who love each other for whatever legitimate reason they have is one that should be ridiculed. It's unfortunate that she was born with that status and into such a family, as well as Michimasa. Although it's probably more unfortunate that they were born in that era and society.

My feelings were in turmoil as Masako's father spoke about becoming a monk and feeling guilty for unable to support his daughter's love. On one hand I was still a bit mad, even if I understood the position he was in having to uphold the family name, but on the other hand, I also felt the sorrow he had for being unable to do anything for Masako. In the end, even Masako understood her naivety. But...is your life really about making everyone else happy? What if she lived the rest of her life (or even short life as with Yoshitaka) without ever truly experiencing the same happiness?
Oct 12, 2020 2:29 PM
Aug 2019
Damn that was sad it keeps reminding what era they are in and how society worked back then.
This time it's about Machimasa and Princess Masako.
Fujiwara no Machimasa is from the Naka no Kanpaku family he's the nephew Teishi and after she didn't succeed in becoming the empress her whole clan was affected by it which results in Machimasa and the rest becoming lower rank. And because of his low rank, he can't be the princess.

Jul 4, 2023 10:59 AM

Jan 2021
I feel like it's not as tragic as the previous ones but it's still really sad. It's really sad and quite unfortunate because it's actually very possible for them to elope, even though it's considered naive anyway because the risks are clearly in sight.

Well, the choice is only do or die, do it now or never do it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jul 9, 2012

50 by puella_magi »»
Jul 5, 2023 1:41 AM

Poll: » Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi. Episode 13 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 24, 2012

49 by hanakocheeks »»
Jul 5, 2023 12:42 AM

Poll: » Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi. Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 10, 2012

18 by hanakocheeks »»
Jul 4, 2023 8:10 AM

Poll: » Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi. Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 3, 2012

25 by hanakocheeks »»
Jul 4, 2023 7:15 AM

Poll: » Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi. Episode 9 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 27, 2012

20 by hanakocheeks »»
Jul 4, 2023 3:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.