Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Dec 9, 2013 10:55 AM

Apr 2012
V310RG said:
I’m not so sure those can be considered ellipses. For an ellipsis to take place the necessary and sufficient elements to infer its consequences or premises must exist, circumstance that doesn’t occur in this case. And those necessary answers, that Romeo Tanaka neglected, for whatever reason, aren’t superfluous, because, as I stated earlier, everything connected to the main theme of the show, and to the title itself, should be considered fundamental for a clear understanding.
Which is why I said you might have missed the point, since the show isn't about how humanity has declined (note the present perfect), but about the resulting state of this decline. The only necessary and sufficient element for the ellipsis to work is the title, which is self-explanatory.
EratiKDec 9, 2013 7:38 PM
Dec 10, 2013 1:55 AM

Feb 2010
EratiK said:
Which is why I said you might have missed the point, since the show isn't about how humanity has declined (note the present perfect), but about the resulting state of this decline. The only necessary and sufficient element for the ellipsis to work is the title, which is self-explanatory.

The main theme of the show is social criticism and satire, there is no way around it. The Author tries to convey his criticism through vicissitudes that always have as participants the fairies, thus making them, and everything related to them, extremely important for a clear understanding. The risk is that, without explaining almost anything about these fairies, their powers may sound like deus ex machina, therefore I reprehended the laziness of the writing.

Dec 13, 2013 8:53 PM
Sep 2013
V310RG said:
EratiK said:

The main theme of the show is social criticism and satire, there is no way around it. The Author tries to convey his criticism through vicissitudes that always have as participants the fairies, thus making them, and everything related to them, extremely important for a clear understanding. The risk is that, without explaining almost anything about these fairies, their powers may sound like deus ex machina, therefore I reprehended the laziness of the writing.

Magic is magic. That's why it's called magic. It's not something you need to explain. What's important is if the themes that were brought up actually managed to convey the messages it wanted to. It's not the type of show were such explanations matters...

For me the show had some boring moments and there were some criticisms brought by the show that I didn't cared about. Plus I kinda hoped for the whole thing to be weirder and a bit more intense. Overall though it was a pleasant and charming show with some great moments. So it's a 7/10 for me.
Dec 15, 2013 1:50 PM

Feb 2013
That was a very strange anime lol. I did however enjoy the hell out of it. Each episode gave me so many mixed feelings from melancholy to joy, had me laughing and creeped out, confused yet felt like I knew what was going on. Splendid little show that I will miss.

Is there going to be another season? I wouldn't mind it if there was.

8/10

That could change, I'm leaning towards a 9/10 but for now I'll stick with my 8.
Dec 23, 2013 6:51 PM

Nov 2013
This shit is bananas b-a-n-a-n-a-s.
Man these fairies trolled the hell out of Watashi practically the whole show, assholes sending her through like 50 time loops just for more sugar. Order of episodes were kind of strange though, I wish they just aired everything in chronological order, but im not complaining. At first I was hoping this would maybe be a dark comedy anime similar to Adventure Time with the talking bread on the first episode.. (did it talk? I don't remember, but I know it had a face) ehh that's just me though, I like AT.
This sure was a clever yet fun anime. 8/10 from me.
Jan 16, 2014 7:32 AM

Jul 2012
Gotta love these flowery-colourful-rainbows-on-the-surface yet grim-and-dark-hidden-below types.

Had some awesomely wacky moments.

Although I had many questions, I decided not to think too much about them and simply enjoyed where the strangeness took me.

A very unique show in my eyes and if I had any expectations on what it would be like, it was not what I expected.

The show moved a bit slowly at times but I still had a lot of fun watching it. 8/10 :)
Mar 27, 2014 12:38 AM

Nov 2012
Lol, that was strange, but It's good I like such weird a things, it's long time since I gave last 8/10.
Mar 27, 2014 4:58 AM

Aug 2013
I thought this was just another light-hearted SoL series set in a fantasy world. I didn't expect it to be so hilarious and dark at the same time. Simply brilliant.

9/10.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 28, 2014 11:10 PM

Oct 2011
Seriously, that green fairy made my eyes all teary. And in the end, it smiles with closed eyes!!

And a yandere girl in this anime? didn't expect that O_o

It was brilliant. 9/10 for me. If I was going to be all critical it would be less, but I can't xD
Mar 31, 2014 4:02 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

A mere exercise of intellect was this anime, maybe a little mistreated by those who like watching anime and reading manga hobby and whatever.
The fact remains that while not capendoci much, I loved it!
To be precise, I have to see him well to understand more.
Never the less I can say that Watashi is quite a character.
Very original settings and characters. I will miss the fairies! ^ _ ^
Final rating passing for now, 6/10 to 8/10!
Jul 8, 2014 9:02 AM
Jun 2014
I don't even...I think I liked this show better when it focused on the humor, because when it goes into drama and then tries to be funny, it feels out of place. Also, this final arc felt rather rushed, and was just rather strange. Were they purposely trying to make it so that the only real likeable characters are the fairies? I mean Watashi is probably the most likeable, but most of the human characters are either mentally unstable or just plain jerks. During some arcs I thought about giving it as high as 9/10, but now I'd probably give this an 8/10.

I think the show tries to take itself a little to seriously, especially when we have almost no character development to work with to make us truly emote with them.
Jul 30, 2014 9:44 PM

Jul 2013
Pretty funny last episode. Seeing the other sides of those tea party members was creepy as hell. Especially Curly lol.Kind of a heart warming finale with the first fairy Watashi ever met coming back from the robot.

This anime was strange as hell and it is definitely an interesting pick. Didn't understand about half of what was going on during the ride but it was awesome. Reminded me of the first time I watched Bakemonogatari.

9/10 ep
7/10 series.
Dec 29, 2014 9:35 PM

Nov 2012
I really enjoyed this anime it really hit me in a unique way, even had to add Watashi high among my fav characters.
Jaywalker.
Apr 23, 2015 12:52 AM

Jul 2013
And so it ends and humanity is still in decline. Kinda funny how I teared up at the ending even though this show was never meant to be dramatic. That fairy popping out and saying "friend" was too much for my frail heart to handle. He was there the whole time with her even though she never noticed. I feel like that fairy's smile was genuine. It's great that she met again the first fairy she met.
Apr 23, 2015 5:56 AM

Nov 2014
I'm definitely way too emotional because I started crying at the end scene with the robot and the tea party.
Apr 24, 2015 8:13 AM

Apr 2015
--- theories incoming. major spoilers ahead. ---

Ever watched the 3 minute specials? episode 6 was mind breaking. It turns out that the fairies there were the --same-- fairies that Sweets-chan kidnapped on her first job. compare their appearances for proof yourselves. The kidnap happened at the regular episode 10. There were major reveals in the specials. like...

The fairies way of talking. Normally they speak of 1-2 word conversations, but in the specials they were conversing normally. Furthermore, special EP 2 (which turned Sweets into something smaller, as if a fairy herself) was practically the same when she conversed with gramps. This heavily implies that the fairies were once also humans. The greatest difference is 1. they are, well, idiots and forgetful 2. very powerful 3. needs motivation 4. needs fun 5. fond of sweets 6. fond of Sweets-chan.

Watch the OP again, more specifically when the title shows up. there are 3 important frames I'd like to detail. One is where the background shows high rise buildings, followed by the fairies covering the screen, and finally replacing it with wonderland-like scenery. I wanted to theorize that fairies and humans went war, but that doesn't connect with frame 3 since it became a wonderland and not a wasteland.

Also the magical spoon, where the number was reduced from 322 to 280. I'm guessing that was her INT points and the remaining number was eaten by, well, somebody else. This means Sweets' INT was reduced by 42, and whoever ate her INT will, hmm, I dunno. The hamster (end of special EP 6) definitely ate at least one INT of hers.

--end of theories--

More reasons to wait for season 2. Like the living hair, the magical spoon (EP6 specials), why the UN --needed-- mediators, but more importantly I just wanna see more of Sweets-chan.
kidlat020Apr 24, 2015 8:17 AM
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Apr 26, 2015 12:54 PM
Feb 2008
What a great show. Hopefully we get a second season (or at least some OVAs) eventually as there's still some source material left from the looks of things.
May 30, 2015 3:31 PM

Feb 2014
Couldn't help but laugh when the girl went psycho on the Watashi doll lol idk why but it was hilarious

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Jul 30, 2015 9:22 PM

Nov 2012
What a brilliant and clever series. It's got one of the best delivery of humor; nothing excessive or cheesy, just the right dose of satire at the perfect time. The characters and setting were both interesting and fleshed out fairly well. Storywise, it was confusing halfway through before realizing the writing was done in an out of order fashion. Overall, this series is fantastic and deserves more attention.
Oct 1, 2015 12:47 PM

Mar 2012
The series tries too hard to be different. The reserve chronological order just made it seem like there was a lack of continuity, some characters were introduced never to be seen again, and even for a comedy anime the show felt too random half of the time. Was hoping to find out a bit about what happened to mankind and where the fairies came from but it was never touched upon. Overall a pretty disappointing series for me.
Oct 23, 2015 4:02 PM
Nov 2010
kuroneko99 said:
The book Y dropped was titled "Touma's heart in the sky". The original is the comic "Thoma's heart" written by Moto HAGIO. It's a classic BL comic and I think the author must have been inspired from Hermann Hesse's works. If you like "Demian", try it.

After all, the series was not what I expected from the title, but it was not bad and the twisted characters Y and I were fabulous.

Interesting... Demian itself had a big role in the paradigm of Shoujo Kakumei Utena -- I wonder if there are references from there there as well.
Nov 16, 2015 1:32 PM

Jul 2013
The BL obsession and the creepy friends and the School Days (which I only watched a couple of weeks ago) reference lol.

I'm glad she finally made friends and found the fairies tea party!

A fun show that was very funny and unique.

8/10!
Nov 23, 2015 8:10 PM

Apr 2014
Well it was colorful, I'll give it that.
Dec 5, 2015 9:13 PM

Nov 2014
This was a really cked episode. I liked that.

Apr 16, 2016 1:27 AM

Nov 2008
Loved that reaction from Watashi

AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Apr 26, 2016 11:01 PM

Oct 2012
Awww it ended :(
That was so beautiful ending.. That fairy is... Good job T_T

Need season 2 for finishing the story from LN
"Signature removed"
Apr 30, 2016 1:22 PM

Aug 2014
Well what a ride, despite the weird plot it was surprisingly enjoyable and progressively got better. 8/10, will have to read the LN one day!
May 11, 2016 2:10 PM

Oct 2013
Humankind is declining coz BL

"Hello."

May 25, 2016 4:42 AM

Dec 2014
fuck this was amazing than any other shows I've watched. D:

Jun 7, 2016 9:16 AM

Apr 2015
Just rewatched it, got reminded just how much I adored this back then

And I still do
Jun 25, 2016 7:26 AM

Sep 2015
Great ending to the anime, I'll definitely be rewatching this at some point
Aug 12, 2016 10:28 AM

Feb 2013
i hold-on this anime away when i get the time to watch it live in 2012, instead i just watch SAO,Sket dance,accel world, and skip to bloody psycho pass.

Really what a regretful decision it is.
At least i watched it now.It is really worth it.
The story, the satire, the twist, it is been long for me to find perfect good anime, here 4 years later i watch it.Really worth my time.
"Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, EVER cut a deal with a dragon."
Sep 22, 2016 9:25 AM

Apr 2014
BEST
FUCKING
THING
EVER
Oct 23, 2016 12:23 AM

Mar 2015
Y-san is true. Person that can be really trusted is rare to find.

Curly-chan has Watashi complex and Yandere side on her.

That bully kid is kind now :o

4.3/5

Overall: 8/10
Nov 10, 2016 4:15 AM
Jul 2018
Really a good series, a unique setting which is enjoyable till the very last episode. I especially liked those parts where they focused more on social commentary and dark humour, last two ep were more important for Watashi's and the others' characterization. Overall 9/10 (actually 8/10 but a refreshing, witty, adorable female lead boosts its score).
Dec 22, 2016 2:18 AM

Jan 2016
At first I didnt understand a thing which made me somehow irritated, The series itself needs a bit more deep explanations, but who cares? its anime right? lmao..

The anime is prettyyy goooooood! I need more Fairies!! Oh yeah i forgot to mention something.... This anime looks innocent, but as you get to know the series, its really a deep...dark..twisted..anime, I mean, i dont know what happened to the humanity,, but why do grandpa got a massive gun collection in his office? dafq? tbh this anime is really good like srsly..
Apr 22, 2017 8:25 PM

Apr 2016
Most of this series kinda missed the mark for me, but those last two episodes were outstanding. Overall it was just okay, though I respected the brazen individuality and liked Watashi's character. 6/10
Apr 27, 2017 7:49 AM
Jul 2015
So I just finished the series and was left a little puzzled. So who exactly is "Watashi" and the Fairies? What did it mean at the end when "Watashi" saw the Fairy again, when it popped out of the robot?

I don't mind getting spoilers from the LN, I just wanna get my head wrapped around what is going on in this whole story, cause I have read around the "Watashi" is also a sleeper Fairy (what's that??) so I just wanna know the full picture.

Thanks guys!
Apr 29, 2017 12:56 PM

Apr 2017
I found this story's setting very disturbing, and I can't quite figure out why right now. I really enjoyed this series... in small doses.
Thorn_WallMay 2, 2017 10:45 PM
Jun 15, 2017 10:00 AM

Jul 2014
I was actually pleasantly surprised by this show, this is definitely one of the better comedy anime from the last few years. My favorite episode was the manga one.
D-ohnutsJun 15, 2017 10:38 AM
Jul 28, 2017 4:57 AM

Jan 2014
Damn, I'm gonna miss this anime now :(
Aug 2, 2017 10:58 PM

Jul 2014
This series has been weird, trippy, clever and all-around fun. But I really need to gush about my favourite aspect: the main character.

The protagonist of this show has become one my favourite female characters in anime. The snarky, sarcastic character type has been done plenty of times before in the past, and while Watashi falls into that category, she stands out above the rest due to the way her sardonic, deadpan side blends in with her personality. That is to say, she isn't entirely defined by her cynicism; a mere aspect of her multifaceted character. While she always proclaims her unwillingness to get caught up in the antics and absurdity of the other characters, Watashi consistently acts like a genuinely soft and caring girl; lending a hand to those in need, fairies and robots alike. The ending of the "Oyage" and "Pion" arc being an example of her surprisingly selfless. Moreover, the final 2 episodes further helped to humanize her beyond "cheeky, snarky girl" by showing us a sensitive, vulnerable side of her that hasn't been seen until that point. That underneath the dry facade was a sweet studious girl that really wanted nothing more than friendship at one point. The contrast between all those qualities invokes a strong "gap moe" that is further accentuated by her elegant and feminine appearance.

TL;DR MC is bae
Aug 11, 2017 2:19 PM

Jan 2013
Heh, Poincaré conjecture.
Aug 12, 2017 4:15 PM

Oct 2015
this was not a bad series after all even though it had no proper direct story, i enjoyed it especially the cute fairies. its definitely not a rewatch in my books.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 26, 2017 12:10 PM

Feb 2015
I WANT MORE!
Oct 23, 2017 8:19 AM
Jun 2017
I'm gonna miss those fairies.
Jan 25, 2018 11:49 AM

Mar 2013
Pretty enjoyable series. Weird and trippy but enjoyable. I loved the concepts, the dark humor, art style and general setting. I'm not very fond of the main character, Watashi, but her personality and reactions were quite interesting to watch. I think my favorite part of the show were the fairies. They were just too adorable, and made it all better for me.

It got quite disturbing on the end, with Watashi discovering the true personality of her friends but I guess that was just a splash of real life into the main character and us, the viewers. Not everything is bright and colorful.

Quite refreshing series, pretty relaxing and not excessive at all. Would gladly rewatch again. 7/10

Aug 20, 2018 4:55 PM
Oct 2017
10/10

I liked this anime will do.

I'm going to miss the fairies.
Jan 19, 2019 10:58 AM

May 2013
I loved the beginning and the end. Some of the middle eps were kinda boring imo lol...

From Assistant's background story til the end was where the series picked up for me again. I almost dropped it bc the struggle to finish was real, but I'm glad I made it through :3

The Lonely Fairy was so cute ;A; they're all cute, but that one was my fave cuz he needed the most love lol. My heart when he said tomodachi after popping out of that robot TT^TT

I love how smart Watashi and Y are, heh X) dynamic duo <3

6/10. I prolly wouldn't recommend this to anyone tho lol. And if there's a S2, I'll prolly lean more towards not watching it ^^"
Jun 5, 2019 5:12 AM

Sep 2014
probably my favourite episode. This show is just so random, not just because the chronological stuff but everything else as well.

First Watashi discovers the clubs dark secrets so she spends time with Y, then suddenly they go back to the freak club? What? Why did that happen :D And nothing comes of the secrets, they all just graduate.
I wonder where the kids went, most of them shouldnt be graduating already, they just disappeared.
Then they say the school is closed and will be torn down, but Y/Silver works there? So confusing!
I generally love how chill everyone is about mankind declining.

I saw someone else bringing this up and I know about
but I sometimes get the feeling Watashi is the only one who sees the faries. Like she is mentally unstable. Maybe from this episode where she got bullied?
I first noticed this when the pioneer robot couldnt see them, but multiple people seem to not notice them, they even disappear from shots when a different characters viewpoint is used. As if grandpa made them up to keep Watashi occupied.

I just finished this show and I already miss it. I didnt have this empty feeling after finishing an anime in a long time. Maybe partially because it never got an ending even after 7 years? I would love to read the manga for this but it seems like they never got translated/cancelled. I would really love to see this continued.

Also I really really liked Watashi.

7/10, wasnt a big fan of the endless eight part, but I LOVED the beginning and the end.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Jul 22, 2012

124 by Safrichh »»
Mar 2, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 26, 2012

118 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 1, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 19, 2012

144 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 1, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Aug 12, 2012

132 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 1, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Aug 5, 2012

126 by kirA_-_ »»
Feb 29, 3:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.