Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 15, 2012 12:54 PM

Apr 2010
Little Inaba was probably adored so much that she got scared of people maybe that the reason why she avoided people so long.
Seeing Yui and Iori's reactions at little Inaba was pretty funny.
Could the reason why Yui quit Karate have something to do with her trauma she even started crying when her sister mentioned it.
And that there was her rival who seems to have a promise with her that Yui forgot and these events will probably make her remember at some point.

Then there was Aoki's ex girlfriend whom he had also forgotten.
Heart seed number two is probably trying to achieve something with there former memories.
Sep 15, 2012 1:31 PM

Aug 2008
Superb episode!! Didn't expect it to be this awesome from its description beforehand.

So only four of them will recall their past.

I guess Taichi is left out because of his personality. He is mature and act elder-brother-like. He doesn't seem to harbor any regrettable past and has been living a happy stable life. I can't imagine him to be so different in his past, so Fuusen Kazura doesn't find him interesting as a kid.

Iori is the most interesting kid. Depending on her age and circumstance, she may show herself from many more angles that can lead to their relationships in long term.

Himeko is like a totally different person. I wonder if they will explore more into that.

Yui and Aoki seem to be the major parts of this arc. They have shown some complicated past.

On a side note:
- Taichi's imouto is cute. That may as well be the reason why he likes handling kids and dotes on them a lot.
- Iori in her middle school version is very polite making her adorable in her way. And her passive skill really is fearsome
- Himeko-chan is killing me!!!!
Sep 15, 2012 1:36 PM

Dec 2009
Rleaxing episode after all the angst we've had so far. Would be interesting if they turned adults, but that won't happen I guess.

I think Kokoro Connect got the best anime EDs of the year so far. What do you think?
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Sep 15, 2012 1:39 PM
Mar 2012
Inaba is super cute lol!
Sep 15, 2012 1:47 PM

Jun 2012
Great episode! :D the episode was too kawaii :3
taichi x inaba <33
Sep 15, 2012 1:57 PM

Aug 2012
Chibi Inaba CHOU KAWAIII
Sep 15, 2012 1:58 PM

Nov 2011
Back to more comedic potential with this new development. This time, the drama arises from characters blurting out tidbits of their childhood, like Aoki in this episode, surfacing the past and allowing the group to gain a better understanding of each other and themselves. While seemingly congruent with the theme, the approach is quite different than the two previous arcs. Then again, this is a different Heartseed, perhaps with a different motivation. I'm not sure I like the direction it's seemingly taking with Heartseed, but that's just my extrapolation. Without an explanation, the introduction of a second Heartseed would be superfluous. Yet, it's one of those things I'd prefer left unexplained, as I'd have expectations for the attempted reasoning that I don't feel would be met. Just mere speculations I hope the show somehow avoids.
MissileSoupSep 15, 2012 2:13 PM
Sep 15, 2012 2:05 PM
Aug 2012
Four year old Himeko-chan reminds me of five year old Ushio-chan.........That's how I imaginable her to be when I read that part of the novel xD Though, they left out the part about Himeko-chan saying " Deep kiss", which she saw in a German film at her age.
Sep 15, 2012 2:10 PM

Jun 2010
Omfg. All I can say is HHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

What a way to start a new arc. Look's like this will be focus to Aoki and Yui.

Kokoro Connect. Too Good.
Sep 15, 2012 2:19 PM

Jul 2012
So so great episode ;D
Sep 15, 2012 2:29 PM

Sep 2012
Too bad toichi didn't turn chibi aswell
Sep 15, 2012 2:29 PM

Jan 2008
A series with the ability to turn lolifying into serious plot and drama.

Loli Inaban is win.
Sep 15, 2012 2:37 PM

Jul 2009
Oh my God. Inaba is just too HNGHHHH.
Sep 15, 2012 2:43 PM

Jul 2012
This is my favorite change as of now! The ending is awesome and I can't wait for the next episode. I want to see how Taichi is like during his childhood.
Sep 15, 2012 2:46 PM

Jan 2010
Why was Taichi excluded?
Sep 15, 2012 2:54 PM

Jul 2010
WHY...INABA WAS SO C-C-CUTE ACTUALLY? ;_; AND IORI HUGGING HER + CHIBI IORI IN OVERALL<33.I really can't believe what im going to say since i don't like/ed Inaba, but she is actually changing for better, and i dont dislike her as she is right now.I can see she is now more ''colorful'' and not so selfish after what happened.She made me laugh couple of times, just like Iori does it in every episode, though this fanservice scene with her naked was kinda too much.Why it's always her?...anyway, really good episode.I hope we will get more Aoki backstory now...and of course more of Chibi Iori, which makes me smile everytime i see her :D
New ED is EPIC.I watched it like 5 times already, and gotta say i love this moment:

5/5
Sep 15, 2012 2:58 PM
Jul 2018
OMG HEARTSEED NUMBER TWO
Ily
You'll always be number one in my heart <3
Sep 15, 2012 3:01 PM

Jun 2012
Great episode. The new ED was interesting too.
‎"Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles." - Nichijou
Sep 15, 2012 3:02 PM
Aug 2012
iLostReason said:
WHY...INABA WAS SO C-C-CUTE ACTUALLY? ;_; AND IORI HUGGING HER + CHIBI IORI IN OVERALL<33.I really can't believe what im going to say since i don't like/ed Inaba, but she is actually changing for better, and i dont dislike her as she is right now.I can see she is now more ''colorful'' and not so selfish after what happened.She made me laugh couple of times, just like Iori does it in every episode, though this fanservice scene with her naked was kinda too much.Why it's always her?...anyway, really good episode.I hope we will get more Aoki backstory now...and of course more of Chibi Iori, which makes me smile everytime i see her :D
New ED is EPIC.I watched it like 5 times already, and gotta say i love this moment:

5/5

Remember when Iori told Himeko in the first ep when they need something more sensual they'll turn to her? That's how it is, the fan service is funner when someone isn't suppose to show....much.... "skin". But I like the limit fan service here. Is not over used....Like other animes.... And Iori..........cute........Inaban-chan...........too cute.
Sep 15, 2012 3:11 PM

Jul 2010
Love the new upbeat ED!

Turning back into children between certain periods eh? "If I turn back time..."
Sep 15, 2012 3:30 PM
Jun 2012
Great episode and the new ED was really good.
Sep 15, 2012 3:34 PM

May 2012
If I ever have a daughter, I hope she's like young Inaba! XD
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Sep 15, 2012 3:35 PM

Jan 2012
Hm. Interesting premise. Interesting ED.

We shall see how this pans out.
Sep 15, 2012 3:45 PM

Sep 2012
Such a cute episode *pukes rainbows* :D
Sep 15, 2012 3:48 PM

Jul 2012
So this week we get a new thing happening to our protagonists. This time(barring Taichi it appears) At the hours of 12 pm to 5 everyday, they become younger. It seems to be random ages, and when they witch they "relive" the memories of that age. Most of which are either painful, or will bring up Drama! How exciting.

The best part of the episode was the little opener. They drop us straight in, the StuCs is at an outing. Inaba and Taichi are walking around with kid versions of Yui, Iori and Aoki. Of course just ship tease us with them by showing them being parents together.

Hey I'm happy that Iori seems to be so cool with Inaba vying for Taichis heart, but i don't know in what world that would actually ever happen. That she'd be just so darn cool with it. Maybe she's not oblivious to just how awesome the two of them are together and she knows she'll lose so she's trying to play it off, but that’s just sad right there.

Yui and Aoki just got together, and I’m sad to see something like an old flame of Aokis mess things up so soon, but it's to be expected and I'm a fool for wanting anything else. It is a shame because he really does seem to be having doubts about Yui and whether he only has those feelings for her because of his old girlfriend. I was right there agreeing with Taichi when he told him he expected him to burst out with something about how he does love Yui and I thought that was really weird that he hadn't burst out with that. He'd been so consistent with that, that i was almost shocked to not hear it.

I'm not sure how much I’ll like the actual Age thing, but it's only going to be going on or 3-4 episodes i believe, so i don't know. That's not really important anyway the important part is how this messes everyone up. It's pretty obvious that they all have things in there past they are afraid of. Aoki with his crush and confusion over love. Yui over karate and a forgotten promise. Iori over who she really is(as always) and Inaba still dealing with the fear of others(trust issues we thought she worked out..mostly i guess.) So the whole drama bit(which is the real point of the show, as fun as the heart seed stuff controlling is.) has a lot of room to grow and should be interesting over these next few episodes.

Speaking of Heart seed, or rather Number two now. So now we know there is a group of "Heart Seeds." This doesn't really give us much though as we have no idea what exactly is going on with them at all. I'm hoping with this introduction of another Heart seed, that we will eventually learn something about them and why they are doing this. I'm guessing any "Heart seed" contact will be sparse this arc, but it's not like he shows up that much anyway. This just leave me hoping the last arc will be learning time about these beings.

A new Ed. I don't know my feelings about it. I like the song, but it doesn't really fit in with the otehr overall. Still good but just feels a tiny bit out of place for this show, like it would work in something else just a bit different

Anyway, a great episode, really like this show a lot. Looking forward to the rest of this arc, has a lot of potential.
I sometimes watch lots of anime.
I sometimes write reviews of said anime at my website.
http://www.crawken.com/
Sep 15, 2012 3:53 PM

Jan 2012
Awesome episode. This show just keeps surprising me. Whats the deal with second Heartseed I wonder? And how many of them are there?

Sep 15, 2012 4:04 PM

Sep 2010
This show was already good but this episode was awesome, things keep getting better.
Also new ED theme sounds great.
Sep 15, 2012 4:19 PM
Jul 2012
Variety, well thought character development, enjoyable as hell. As always, another great episode.
Sep 15, 2012 4:32 PM

Jul 2010
can't breathe, Inaban too bloody Moe~~~
This arc looks really awesome, great idea for bringing younger selves back as the change. Although truthfully I'm not looking forward to the Aoki/Yui story stuff since they get 4th and 5th place in my fav chars for this anime >.>
Sep 15, 2012 4:48 PM

Mar 2012
alksdjhfg Inaba must the most pretty child i've seen lately in anime. She was so freaking cute! No wonder why Iori & Yui were crazy for her!
The ending was great, probably my favourite. And well, i'm really curious now of how things are going to develop.
Sep 15, 2012 5:19 PM
Jul 2012
Lol i liked how they are little kids. Little Iori is cute.
Ed is exellent. Way better thsn the two previous Ed.
Liked this arc. A new heartseed wonder it would be a woman.
5/5 Can't wait until the next episode.
Sep 15, 2012 5:22 PM
Nov 2009
Loli-Inaba is killing me. I had to pause the episode almost every time she had a line to keep myself sane. There was a lot of things introduced this episode and but I feel like the episode still got away with it clean. Loved the episode and I like the lighter feel to this arc, especially right after the angst-ridden previous arc. I liked that too but variety is nice and Kokoro Connect certainly delivers.

And of course, the new ED is wonderful. At first I was extremely wary of it because it didn't sound like it flowed well from the little preview but the animation and mood setting is beautiful. And as pointed out earlier, Taichi grabs the right hand!! Thank you, based god. ;_;
Sep 15, 2012 5:28 PM

Jun 2010
Series doesn't disappoint. Awesome Episode. Love Inaba as a little girl. She was way 2 cute. 5/5
Sep 15, 2012 5:32 PM

Jun 2008
Aoki was also cute;3 I hope to see some angst in his past with that ex girlfriend so it can spice things up XD

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Sep 15, 2012 5:47 PM

Aug 2011
Why do people immediately jump from one pairing to another. Still rooting for IorixTaichi and always will! Interesting development. Excited for the next episode
Do not feed the trolls! They bite ;D
Sep 15, 2012 5:56 PM

Aug 2011
I don't like how Taichi is excluded. But it's good to see some development on Aoki.
Actually the parts where Aoki keeps on saying that he love Yui is hinting on this arc.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Sep 15, 2012 6:16 PM

Dec 2010
This series continue to amazes me, these "scenarios" are very thoughout based on the simple potential each one has to bring up development for each character

Inaba was so kawaii XD, really liked how she was attached to Taichi even young, her being openly jealous was also a win

I think the reason Taichi was excluded was because his "trauma" or at the very least problem doesn't deal with age, its not like Iori or Aoki who seem to have changed as they grew older. Also i think this is the arc that gets Aoki and Yui together, they will save Taichi and Inaba getting together at the end, because while it may just be optimism i can't see Taichi with Iori at all, Inaba all the way!
Sep 15, 2012 6:41 PM

Jul 2011
Awesome! I'm so glad this arc is so good as the others, and...this

Sep 15, 2012 7:03 PM

Jun 2009
I loved the ending song it was awesome i can't wait for a single.
Sep 15, 2012 7:22 PM

Nov 2011
rori's taking their time, should I just get Commie's?
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Sep 15, 2012 7:33 PM

Apr 2011
Wow that was really good! :D
Sep 15, 2012 7:48 PM
Dec 2010
RIP Botagar
1991 - 2012
Died of Moe
Sep 15, 2012 7:48 PM
Sep 2012
This episode is the first time I've ever had feelings for Inaban. I think my inner-loli is awakening. Before I never really like Inaban cause she was tom boyish, but her child form looked like a puppy you'd want to protect. I also like Taichi's sister, she so moe. No real sister would ever act like her.
Sep 15, 2012 7:50 PM

Jun 2009
ernst said:
rori's taking their time, should I just get Commie's?

wait on rori cause they are good but I really wanted to see this episode so i went with Horrible subs glad i did cause that ending song was just awesome.
Sep 15, 2012 7:52 PM

Jun 2009
Botagar said:
RIP Botagar
1991 - 2012
Died of Moe

You cant die yet wait till the end of the series then you can die.
Sep 15, 2012 7:54 PM

Apr 2012
We have our third arc and I think I can speculate an answer or two. Why was Taichi left out? After our characters return to their normal selves, they experience their lost childhood feelings. What if Taichi still retains vividly his childhood feeling (e.g. white knight syndrome)? It really wouldn't make sense to have him experience what he already knows. What I want to imply is that he never really grew up until Heartseed's appearance.

Heartseed #2 implies he still is Heartseed. Heartseed could be the name of the species or we could have the same character, but from a different point in time. Heartseed has been hinting that he either knows the past and the future or is a spirit that exists throughout time. All his actions require a future knowledge or some way to be sure that everything won't crash and burn.
Sep 15, 2012 7:56 PM

Apr 2012
That was one of the best episode. So cuteee. Almost died of moe.
Sep 15, 2012 8:32 PM

Jun 2012
Setsuna200 said:
Botagar said:
RIP Botagar
1991 - 2012
Died of Moe

You cant die yet wait till the end of the series then you can die.

Though you can dig your grave out in advance just like I did :D
Sep 15, 2012 8:37 PM

May 2008
It seems.. AOKI IS THE FIRST TO GET IN A RELATIONSHIP ROFL.
I really wanna see who that Nana person is o_o. Kind of sad for Kiriyama when she realized that Aoki may only like her because she looked like Nana. And dammit i wanted to see Taichi turn into a kid as well , it makes me wonder if Taichi has gone through anything at all in the past

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 15, 2012 8:38 PM

Oct 2008
Now that I've gotten myself together after temporarily losing my sanity over mini-Inaba...

I looks like this time we'll be dealing with the troubles in their childhood past. Like Aoki said, when they come back from being young, their childhood memories are still fresh in their minds. The only minor complaint before is that Aoki never really got much screen time, so I hope this arc will do him justice. There is also the interesting points that Taichi may not be part of this little experiment this time, they have advanced warning (at least for now) about who and when they will turn into their younger selves and finally, the second Heartseed.
However, I think that they went pretty hard on the emotional side of the scale last arc so although we'll still have drama, I think it will lean more towards to comedic side.

Character interactions remain top notch. There is still the hanging mystery of what's happening to keep me hooked. The pacing and balance between the drama and comedy are excellent. There is never a dull moment and you really do have to pay attention, lest you miss a key important detail.

Inaba has earned her spot into my top 10 favourite characters. She is confident, quick-thinking, has a sharp tongue and knows what she wants. Yet behind her strong guise, she has a softer and more vulnerable side. Now, we know that her adorableness is a force to be reckoned with.

Now that I gathered enough of my sanity together to write that...

Sanity meter = 0. Cute meter overloaded and needs replacement.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

369 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2012

212 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

230 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 2, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2012

335 by _untitled »»
Feb 19, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

193 by _untitled »»
Feb 19, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.