Forum Settings
Forums

Right Stuf, Inc. Acquires The Rose of Versailles

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 15, 2012 10:36 AM

Jan 2010
Well that took a long ass time.
Sep 15, 2012 12:37 PM
Sep 2010
I'm sooooooo happy this is being released State-side! It might have taken a long time, but it gives me hope for other classics.
Sep 15, 2012 12:58 PM

Dec 2007
Wonderful news!

Although, it's too bad about the limited edition dvd release. Maybe they'll print more if the demand is there.. Anyhow, this will be a perfect excuse for a rewatch of my favorite series, and a good opportunity to introduce the show to some people.
Sep 15, 2012 5:31 PM

Sep 2008
Roloko said:
Anime_Freak_0101 said:
*Reading it* Oh my god!!!!!! Yes finally the rose of versailles got rights thank you we are wait for what 33 years yeah english dub :-). And yes going buy it too this is awesome but will not be out 2013 I will wait.

Rightstuf doesn't dub any of their series so it will be subbed only.

Oh allright still awesome news!
Sep 15, 2012 6:30 PM

Apr 2010
Never heard of it but I want to check it out now.
Sep 15, 2012 9:19 PM
Nov 2011
Dalek-baka said:
edwd2 said:
ProdiGene said:
... now, if only they'd do the same for LoGH ...
It'll cost a lot, and there isn't much demand either
Plus AFAIK there is already some translation availible so less work for the producers.
And LOGH... 110 episodes: making script, hiring VA (if they would go into this area) - that would be madness and probably not even that profitable, compared to cost of making it.
True that, but one should not disregard the fact that LoGH's got much more potential than most shit that get licensed out there; not specifically aiming at Right Stuf. Hell, I wonder sometimes how brilliant it would've been if LoGH had been licensed right there and then, the period it was already in the making; west, at least western animation fans, would've been totally into the epicness had it been aired at some Adult Swim or something. Not to mention, LoGH, then, would've had a much larger fanbase than now.

Hakuromatsu said:
ProdiGene said:
... now, if only they'd do the same for LoGH ...
You could watch that five-minute dubbed clip of eps. 51 & 52 five-hundred times and pretend they dubbed the entire series.
Nah, subs are enough. Plus, I have this hunch they wouldn't be able to match the intensity in English dubs; not to mention the fact that Right Stuf doesn't dub.
Sep 16, 2012 12:10 AM
Jul 2018
An epic announcement! I never thought in my wildest dreams that someone will release RoV in English. Hope this follows with Onii-sama e and someone licensing Orpheus no Mado manga.
Sep 16, 2012 3:38 AM
May 2007
My life needs classics! I've watched Lady Oscar like twice in my childhood, I don't think I remember everything about it.
I will try my best to get my hands on the box-sets when they'll be available even if they will cost a fortune!
Sep 16, 2012 2:52 PM

Jun 2011
Roloko said:
Anime_Freak_0101 said:
*Reading it* Oh my god!!!!!! Yes finally the rose of versailles got rights thank you we are wait for what 33 years yeah english dub :-). And yes going buy it too this is awesome but will not be out 2013 I will wait.

Rightstuf doesn't dub any of their series so it will be subbed only.

It's not never, though it is rare. They have titles like Kare Kano, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Boogiepop Phantom, Shingu, etc. which feature dubs.

So, most likely it won't get a dub, but it's not impossible.

EDIT: Eh, sorry, strike that. I just found this line in their press release.

"It is an honor and privilege to bring this beloved series to DVD, via Nozomi
Entertainment, and work with TMS and Viki to introduce our English-subtitled translation of the anime inspired by Ms. Ikeda’s masterwork to North American fans. ”
ForgoneRealitySep 16, 2012 2:58 PM
Sep 16, 2012 6:57 PM

Mar 2009
Just a simply... AWESOME!
Dec 1, 2012 10:52 AM
Sep 2008
Though, it only took 3 decades for a licensing company to recognize its greatness.

Just so you guys know, the fellas at Rightstuf have been trying to get Rose of Versailles for some time now. Shawne Kleckner, the president of Rightstuf has been at it for literally a decade.

If you've got any interest in it, give 'em some thanks and check it out.
Mar 23, 2013 11:22 PM

Nov 2011
If I can afford it I will definitely buy it. Was about to torrent it when I saw it was getting liscensed, so I will wait. =)

If I can't afford it I'm sure it will at least go to Hulu for some time.
Mar 24, 2013 7:08 AM

Dec 2011
If I wasn't so completely broke I'd buy this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2013 12:55 PM

Sep 2010
Amberleh said:
If I can afford it I will definitely buy it. Was about to torrent it when I saw it was getting liscensed, so I will wait. =)

If I can't afford it I'm sure it will at least go to Hulu for some time.

All the episodes are already available on Viki they seem to have that "Dear Brother" series on there too that RoV's mangaka also made.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 4 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
3 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

9 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - 11 hours ago

3 by JehadKun »»
8 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
9 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

26 by infanf »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.