Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2012 2:40 PM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"I'll be back."
With that and new character at the very end, i hope S3 will indeed be made someday.

This was a great episode with relaxing atmosphere, that made for a good finish of a season. The show tred a bit too hard from the educational side, going a bit too deep into it at times. But overall it still had a great feel to it. And besides the character designs being changed to more manga-like due to budget cuts, it was in no way inferior to first season. At least microbes were as good and lively as ever.
It was a good watch, hoping for next season.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Sep 13, 2012 2:42 PM

Jul 2008
Loved Yuuki punching Sawaki XD
Let's wait for an S3!
..and who was that at the end? From "Kanou" ?
Sep 13, 2012 3:11 PM

Dec 2009
Not as good as the first season I'm afraid, but it was decent.

But that was such a tease for a third season.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Sep 13, 2012 4:03 PM

May 2010
That tease at the end and Yuuki's punch were the highlights for me.

And I think the person at the end was future Yuuki because it sounded a lot like him, but I don't know. =x

I'd really love it if there were a third season though since I really like the characters in this show.
Sep 13, 2012 4:24 PM

Dec 2007
I too think that it was not so good as first season BUT....i would still liked more :D:D.......i would like to see what would happened if Marie and Yuuki met :D
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Sep 13, 2012 5:44 PM
Feb 2011
When I heard つづく。。かも。 I got all happy, lol. I need this show. ^^ Need my weekly dose of Yuuki hotness.
Sep 13, 2012 5:47 PM

May 2010
Praying hard for S3'
:3
Sep 13, 2012 6:14 PM

Feb 2012
I was slightly disappointed in this until it returned to form in the France arc. Oh well, it was still pretty good, especially in this relatively weak summer season.

So, season 3 in 2017?
Sep 13, 2012 6:15 PM

May 2008
Disappointed that Sawaki didnt do much at all . Still i guess its okay rofl.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 13, 2012 7:13 PM

Jan 2008
Would have liked to see the Sawaki x Haruka hug in the series like they did in the op...got my hopes up for Sawaki being a little more in the limelight because although having a part, didn't really do much in France for Haruka.

I'm guessing they had that teaser at the end to pitch to their sponsors and garner viewer interests to try and generate enough disk sales to budget another season or OVAs...If only their DVDs import weren't so expensive, I'd totally want to support them because Moyashimon is my favourite series.
Sep 13, 2012 7:18 PM

Nov 2008
So Sawaki would rather be back in Japan and be buggered by Yuuki than be in France and screw Marie every night...

Silly boy...
Sep 13, 2012 8:17 PM
Aug 2009
Even though this season didn't have as many microbe and college hijinks as the first series, it was still very enjoyable. I loved it from the bottom of my heart, and hope for another season in the future.
Sep 13, 2012 9:29 PM

Jul 2010
It could have been better. 7/10. Not as good as the first season.

ClariS FTW
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Sep 13, 2012 9:52 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
A bit slower at the beginning. Only picked up much later...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 13, 2012 10:19 PM

Jul 2009
Okay... this season was much better than season 1... and it even left off in a way that says there will be a season 2. I'm not saying season 1 was but, just that season 2 was so good that it was that much better than it! :D
Sep 13, 2012 10:30 PM
Aug 2011
Yeah I have to agree with most of you. I liked the first season better, but this one had its moments of glory too. And yes, the microbes are ever so sweet and lovable. And finally Haruka got off the hook, medetashi-medetashi...hopes for a 3 season.
Sep 13, 2012 11:21 PM

May 2012
Marow said:
Not as good as the first season I'm afraid, but it was decent.

But that was such a tease for a third season.

Agreed.

A feel the original charm was lost somehow, also didnt really like much the new art style.

Very happy that a 3rd seaseson can happen definitely.
Sep 14, 2012 2:35 AM

Mar 2009
Argh... what was up with the ending. So it looks like there will be a season 3. Anyone got some idea/dates when it will be released?
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Sep 14, 2012 4:56 AM

Apr 2010
The girl entering the shop during the last scene suggests something is going to happen at the start of next season hopefully it won't take long to air then again this season arrived five years after the first season.
The ending was pretty good still i long for more of this anime guess i will be reading the manga in the mean time.

And Marie finally taking over the wine business was also a nice thing to see hopefully she will be successful at it.
Sep 15, 2012 5:49 PM

May 2011
Juice! What a lovely idea. And bringing her grandfather back into the game with such blunt words as well. xD Such a nice story of a family working together once again. But ahaha, poor Sawaki. Micros and people can't live him alone. Things wrapped up nicely and despite it all the season felt fairly calm as a whole. But I enjoyed it.
Sep 16, 2012 3:02 AM

Jul 2011
So thats that, nice continuation with the second half of the series being much stronger than the first half.

I enjoyed the ending a lot and was kinda shocked. Didn't expect to see that sort of reaction from Kei when he learn't about Marie. Also it does seem that things are not going to end here, Haruka is finally free and there needs to be closure between her and Misato. This season was uneven in quality so my hopes for any S3 is for them to spice things up, push the envelope and makes things more interesting.
Sep 16, 2012 5:15 AM

Jul 2011
Salathiel said:
I too think that it was not so good as first season BUT....i would still liked more :D:D.......i would like to see what would happened if Marie and Yuuki met :D

This! Season 3 plss

8/10
Sep 16, 2012 8:38 AM

Jan 2008
Towards the end, the insinuation between Haruka and Misato was something I smile upon. Definitely, I will miss seeing the group, yeast, brewing, etc. Very nice in ending this for this season.
Sep 17, 2012 10:17 PM

Mar 2009
As most people have already posted, it simply wasn't as good as the first season. The new character design didn't help matters either.

That's not to say I wouldn't welcome another season.
Sep 18, 2012 4:52 AM

May 2011
This season is nice, but like what others had state, it isn't as good as season one. Somewhat this season is a bit... off. Moyashimon's main focus is suppose to revolve around Sawaki's special ability. For example, to make use of his ability so that the plot involves some significant/importance of his ability. To put it simply, if his ability was completely removed away(for this season only), it will hardly affect the story line at all.

However, this season kind of portray his ability as if it's not really unique/special. It is more like making use of the visible microbes to explain what is happening in order to make the story even clearer, or to create comedy/joke instead of being an real importance towards the story.

Just to clarify, it's not that I don't like it or I'm complaining about it. In fact I actually enjoyed this anime about their social interaction and the comedies they had. It's a decent anime. But I just felt weird( I'm not sure which word to use to express myself (@-@|l) ) that the ability of Sawaki did not stand out at all. It is like, it is suppose to play an important role but all it does were those that I mentioned above.

Regardless, nice anime. I rated 9/10 in my opinion~
Sep 25, 2012 12:58 PM

Feb 2010
Iwakura_Minatsu said:
not as good as season 1, but last couple of episodes really boost this anime rating for me

7/10 from me

gonna wait for S3

^This. Only diff is an 8/10 for me!

LOVE all the pseudo-"couples" forming... LOVE this cast of characters.

I lol'd at the Marie is "French" ver of Yuuki moments :x

And, as usual, an excellent Microbe theater. <33

I'm so down for season 3!
MusashiRoseSep 25, 2012 1:21 PM
Sep 27, 2012 1:16 PM

Aug 2008
That was pretty disappointing. I think I even rated it higher than it deserves just because it's Moyashimon. I probably couldn't care less about most things which happened during these 11 episodes. I even forgot it was airing and didn't feel like finishing it until now. The more I think about the more I want to lower my score to 4.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 27, 2012 9:14 PM

Nov 2011
Heh, dem organisms are sad to go as well.

To be continued? Hmm...[maybe].
Sep 28, 2012 1:42 PM

Aug 2008
Yuki move aside! I'm rooting for Oikawa and Sawaki!

I'll watch the next sequel! It better be as good as season 1!
Oct 1, 2012 5:13 PM

Jul 2007
I loved the first season but this season was a little difficult to be excited for at times.
There were still some nice moments, but the subpar character animation really took away from the feeling of those moments.

I really hope if they decide to make a 3rd season, they go with the same character animation as S1.

7/10
Oct 10, 2012 12:28 AM

Nov 2010
The professor only showed up briefly, but he was really funny
This show is so wonderful even if the style has changed
It's unpredictable (most of the time), hilarious and teaches you about culture's this season
Really looking forward to next season Moeshimon
Oct 29, 2012 2:05 PM
Nov 2010
Liked it. Season 3, I'm waiting!
Jan 28, 2013 3:18 AM

Jan 2011
At this point I think the closest thing to a couple is Haruka and Misato--in fact looking back over the series they seem to be the only people who are really moving forward (I'm treating Yuuki as a special case here). Anyway, I'm up for a season three and will give this an 8/10.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 7, 2013 11:47 AM

May 2010
Not as good as the 1st season, but it was Ok though..

Waiting for another season.. :D
Aug 13, 2014 1:00 PM

Dec 2012
Apparently the manga was ending at some point recently. Does that crush any hope for a season 3?
Sep 15, 2014 4:53 PM

May 2012
While another open ending I still quite liked how they ended off this chapter, the story development in this second series sure was great and the slight difference in atmosphere was also pretty good! So all in all I really liked the overall franchise and if there would be ever any new season I'm sure to watch it! All in all a great franchise 9/10!
Sep 21, 2014 1:16 AM

May 2009
I found myself burning through this and the previous season so quickly. I'm looking forward to another season. At present my favourite characters are Haruka and Misato, I've enjoyed watching those two interact the most.

For someone like me who's only seen the anime and not the manga, what chapter takes off from this end of this season?
Jul 29, 2015 12:38 AM
Aug 2014
Enjoyed it as much as the 1st season. Gosh will we have to wait another 2 years for another season =/
Dec 18, 2015 12:14 AM
Dec 2013
Well, the manga ended last year so i doubt this will get another season.

It also really fucking sucks that the manga has only been translated to chapter 23. :(
Jun 18, 2016 7:30 AM

Nov 2012
I kept being disappointed about this series... it always ended up being not as good as I hoped.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Jun 5, 2017 12:50 AM

Oct 2012
Kei is totally like Sawaki.. that way xD

Sayonara!
Please be back soon! Like Arnold

Best girl is coming xD
"Signature removed"
Aug 17, 2017 12:39 PM

May 2008
It wasn't that bad, but no match against season 1.
The new character design feels like a downgrade tbh, they don't look like mature students anymore :( Muta-chan was almost drunk for the whole season and looked totally different. Also Oikawa is totally out of character! She was a less agressive and more a passive person and the lack of neat freak actions... :(
Apr 2, 2020 8:35 AM

Mar 2016
Anyone know how far into the manga did both seasons of the anime go?
Sep 10, 2020 1:03 AM
Jan 2019
WOW! What an amazing show Moyashimon was! Loved everything about it!
Sure this 2nd season I really enjoyed but compared to the first season, it wasn't as good but mostly because of the change of animation. Which didn't bother me once I got really into watching this second season!

The characters, art (both seasons lol), music......etc were amazing and beautiful! The comedy was so darn good, I just kept laughing but I also really like the "seriousness" side as well, specially when it came about Hasegawa and Marie. Tho one thing I would of liked to see more was the story/back story of Mutou, Oikawa and those two dudes Misato and other one who I can't remember name well lol. Can't forget that all the OP and ED were bangers!

I doubt there will be any season 3 cause its been a while since manga is completely done.....well I am off to read the manga.....I WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS! Cause well thanks for the tease at the end of this episode 11.....Nope no season 3 aha.

Tho Misato and Hasegawa are such a cute couple, I say they should be.
Sawaki x Kei forever!!! <3 They are meant for each other. Kei is soooooo dam cute too!
Also Oikawa x Mutou (like come on, they banged in season 1, they meant for each other)
Marie, well as much as I like her character and was nice to see a new face but I don't ship her with anyone cause well she stays in france.

Also I can't forget those cute CUTE Microbes! the Microbe theatre at the end of each episode I just loved plus this show was also educational! Well the only thing I really got out of it was how to make Sake and some wine lol.

I am so glad I watch Moyashimon, defiantly gonna be recommending this to everyone I know who likes anime!

OoO yaaaaaaa, since like the beginning of season 2, Sawaki told Oikawa about him seeing Microbes, and she didn't believe him.....but the rest of season was like they totally forgot about that...maybe in the manga it will explain more detail or that she finally believes him and such. So like what happened with that lol?

Oct 8, 2020 4:05 AM
Jun 2020
Adorable series~ While the story focus seems to be a little scattered, but adorable to watch. Love the ending theme~ Hahahaha
2020 and is hard to hope for the possible season 3 that the ending had suggested~
*Sigh*

More topics from this board

Poll: » Moyashimon Returns Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Jul 5, 2012

62 by MetalOilers1247 »»
Sep 9, 2020 4:39 PM

Poll: » Moyashimon Returns Episode 10 Discussion

OrochiPL - Sep 6, 2012

15 by syncrogazer »»
Sep 29, 2018 7:11 AM

» Were the sales for this high enough to warrant a 3rd season?

Core1019 - Aug 15, 2014

2 by UrbanJahts »»
Dec 28, 2017 9:12 PM

Poll: » Moyashimon Returns Episode 2 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Jul 13, 2012

24 by CCL_Sama »»
Aug 17, 2017 7:56 AM

Poll: » Moyashimon Returns Episode 9 Discussion

OrochiPL - Aug 30, 2012

18 by CountZeroOr »»
Aug 3, 2017 3:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.