MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Worldwide Release of Madoka Magica Movie Announced
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Worldwide Release of Madoka Magica Movie Announced

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (9) -3 -2 [-1] 0 1 » ... Last »
09-13-12, 1:43 PM

Being brazuca is suffering.

09-13-12, 1:52 PM

Can't wait until it's online.

09-13-12, 1:56 PM

First time i hear of San Marino, makes me feel kinda ignorant.

And as expected it won't be airing in my country.

09-13-12, 1:58 PM

Why no UK showing ;_;. We have a large enough following to get a blu-ray and manga release, so there's obviously fans here.

09-13-12, 2:03 PM

HomuraIsMyWaifu said:
Living in Canada is suffering.

I hear ya ;-;

09-13-12, 2:08 PM

Madoka movie premiere in San Marino will be the first time when all of country's population will be gathered in one place at one time xd

09-13-12, 2:08 PM

English dubbed?

09-13-12, 2:11 PM

ihateeveryone said:
Why would they take the risk of premiering it though if there wasn't some sort of demand for it in the west?
It's 18 cities - 5 cinemas in US from what I read. And in case of 4 of them there is only 1 screening.
So I doubt that there is much risk involved - unless they would make dubs for this (again rather unlikelly). If they go Ghibli-scale this could mean loosing money but like this... nope.

I do agree it will be successfull in Japan - it's currently second biggest franchise in magical girls genre AFAIK (first one is proably Precure), for sure bigger than Nanoha (and it made 5 mln$) so it should have way more than this.

BTW If someone wants to buy a ticket in US
http://www.madokamagicausa.com/movie.php
Please join this club if you wish for news threads of un-aired anime to be unlocked/stop being locked!

09-13-12, 2:15 PM

Isn't this just a recap?

09-13-12, 2:16 PM

HomuraIsMyWaifu said:
Living in Canada is suffering.

THIS. ESPECIALLY when we are neighbours with the states and are part of North America aswell. ughhh.....***FLIPS TABLE***

09-13-12, 2:22 PM

San Marino, oh my God.
Maybe the most of you never heard of it (didn't read previous posts, I'm gonna explain it anyway).
It is located in North Italy and it counts about 30.000 people.
In other words, it's like a little city, but actually it is a little indipendent state, which is not part of Italy itself.
I wonder why it's among those big nations and why they choose it...
Anyway, I'm italian and I believe I'm gonna watch it (probably it will be in Rome)

【私の夢しかありません。】 | | | | | | |

09-13-12, 2:28 PM

Yvese said:
Isn't this just a recap?

A recap of a show that just aired last year. But it was so amazing the world needs to see it again in theaters, and we need manga, lots of manga, spinoffs, adaptations, and an entire cafe dedicated to it, it's own specialized magazine, and a PSP game and an online game and figmas of the entire cast, and hugging pillows drawn by Ume-sama herself, and a swimming pool with the characters pictures on the bottoms.

09-13-12, 2:31 PM

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh niceeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Jumped for Joy when i saw worldwide release, in US ANDDDDD HONG KONG too YESSSSSS!. I live in both places. This means I can watch and buy wherever I go!!! <333

09-13-12, 2:33 PM

Ovindel said:
Onyxthegreat said:
+ Every other country not included in the premiere. Done.

This.
But fuck, San Marino of all countries? Have they actually measured the amount of anime fans there? (and yes I'm counting the surrounding population in Italy as well, which I doubt has much anime fans. is there someone who wants to prove me otherwise?)

And lol @ that pic of the cast with the Statue of Liberty.

In Italy Anime is pretty huge if I had to guess. They have the record airing the most Anime outside of Japan, and get alot of stuff before anyone else. Also they had Madoka airing on TV just a year after Japan.

09-13-12, 2:34 PM

Why couldn't this air in Austin instead? It's airing in Houston in the same theater i go to see all my other movies here. It would be a great excuse to go back there. Their food is AMAZING.

Dammit.

09-13-12, 2:44 PM

Vyudali said:
Why couldn't this air in Austin instead? It's airing in Houston in the same theater i go to see all my other movies here. It would be a great excuse to go back there. Their food is AMAZING.

Dammit.

I could get there in 15 min in Houston, but I don't really like madoka so eh w/e

09-13-12, 2:52 PM

RLinksoul said:
Yvese said:
Isn't this just a recap?

A recap of a show that just aired last year. But it was so amazing the world needs to see it again in theaters, and we need manga, lots of manga, spinoffs, adaptations, and an entire cafe dedicated to it, it's own specialized magazine, and a PSP game and an online game and figmas of the entire cast, and hugging pillows drawn by Ume-sama herself, and a swimming pool with the characters pictures on the bottoms.
Lol.

I can understand being a fan of the show, but everyone jumping for joy over a recap really makes my head spin.

Call me when the 3rd movie airs :P

09-13-12, 2:56 PM

Yvese said:
RLinksoul said:
Yvese said:
Isn't this just a recap?

Lol.

I can understand being a fan of the show, but everyone jumping for joy over a recap really makes my headspin.

It's more Madoka, that's why.

Ghostony said:
Just did a quick skim.. Mahou Shojo is targeted to pedophile muslim extremists that live in california

09-13-12, 3:12 PM

I should make some time to start watching this series soon....

09-13-12, 3:13 PM

Yvese said:
RLinksoul said:
Yvese said:
Isn't this just a recap?

Lol.

I can understand being a fan of the show, but everyone jumping for joy over a recap really makes my head spin.

From what I understand, it's more of a re-imagining than a recap. For some those are basically the same, but it's good enough for me. It's not even about just seeing the movies, but seeing them in a movie theater.

And for those who aren't aware, these are all double features. Buying a ticket gets you into both movies.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) -3 -2 [-1] 0 1 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices