MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

How come this show gets no love?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Hikari to Mizu no Daphne »» How come this show gets no love?

10-21-08, 6:39 PM

No topics? The show isn't that bad folks. ;_;

10-21-08, 6:48 PM

It aired before this site was made, and it's likely not many people have watched it since because it wasn't popular. Not even 900 people have it on their list. :\ So don't expect discussion on older, unpopular series. If you want some, start it.

12-02-08, 6:34 PM

gonna be trying this one I guess, need some ecchiness..

12-14-08, 4:17 AM

Maybe because frankly it's just not a good series. I only watched it because the DVD I got was free. Complete waste of time that was.

12-27-08, 4:23 PM

it wasn't horrible or anything but there wasn't much that was good about it. and the fanservice really bugged me. normally, I can ignore fanservice pretty well but in this anime, it was extremely annoying

01-28-09, 7:51 PM

I'm surprised myself. I know it was somewhat popular when it first came out on fansubs. At first for the dental floss 'uniforms' and then later on more for its funny humor. :) But what I think really killed this series for everybody was the fact that it ended up getting licenced almost halfway through the series and all the fansubbers dropped it, killing any momentum and word of mouth. shrugs. At least I was able to finish watching it from a friend's copy. Once I reached the end, I found it really had a good story overall (with a sad twist at the end).

02-04-09, 8:20 PM

Asako said:
It aired before this site was made, and it's likely not many people have watched it since because it wasn't popular.

This is why there were no topics before I started some. And this is why the show gets no love: it's a lame and incredibly predictable boobie and ass-fest with no substance. At least for the first 20-something episodes.
I don't know karate, but I know karazy

05-13-09, 2:13 PM

The ecchiness never bothered me or even caught my eye. So the costumes were more of a ? to me than anything else. I guess some people found it hot or a turn off.

It's a guilty pleasure show I agree. Even by other bounty hunting episodic shows like Bebop and Outlaw Star there is more of an overarching story or rather there is more focus on it. DIBB definitely did drop hints and seeds since the 1st episode but nothing substantial comes about until 20.

Which is not exactly problem. There's nothing wrong in being episodic as long as the episodes and characters are entertaining enough. And while the show suffered from cheap designs and animation, I found that everything else was charming and amusing enough for me to thoroughly enjoy it. It's the anime equivalent of a cheeseburger. Kinda sloppy looking and loaded with bad calories but damn if it isn't tasty!

Kudos Miss Mizuki!

01-03-11, 6:14 PM

This is one of the most underated anime i've seen, i bought it last year due to it being very low in price ( due to no one buying it apparently ) and i wish i had known about it earlier.

When i initally started watching i felt awkward ( right around the bit in the opening when they start suiting...down :D ) but from the very first episode i found it very light hearted, very gentle natured, funny, and at times having more depth than it is given credit for, even before the last few episodes. The dub was also excellent, a lot of voices i recognised and welcomed, which gave it all a nice touch of effort.

Concerning the skimpy costumes, after the first 2 episodes, i didn't even notice and i started paying attention to the characters. It was simply what they wore in their very sunny and warm looking city.

It has a real charm about it if given a chance, and its reasonably light and fluffy nature, from its joyful sounding opening song to its more lightly sombre closing makes it perfect viewing after watching anything depressing. As for its animation, i've seen, and enjoyed much worse.

I guess it is not to everyones taste, but its worth watching a few episodes.

01-01-13, 9:06 PM

So I decided to get this on a whim because it was super cheap (much like the above poster). I enjoyed it but the show has a lot of problems. First of all the animation quality is completely atrocious and screams low budget. The artwork is good when they want it to be but this is mostly only for brief moments whenever they are talking or something. Most of the time if there is any actual movement it looks pretty crappy.

The plot is ok I guess but I found the comedy focused episodes to be better. Unfortunately the show is not consistently funny. Some of the episodes are great but in general the show isn't as funny as I'd like and the "serious" part of the story is overly drawn out. They re-show the same flashbacks way too much. Another thing that bothered me is how kiddy the violence is. People threaten others with guns often yet no one ever really dies because of a gun in the whole series so it kinda damages my suspension of belief that these guns can actually kill people.

Maia basically made the show worth watching for me. She's so cute XD only other character I especially liked was Yu (love the costume) and the two (?) episodes focused on her. Gloria is beyond annoying though -_-

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices