Forum Settings
Forums

Updates on Autumn noitaminA Anime 'Psycho-Pass'

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 12, 2012 3:24 PM
Nov 2010
So 4 males and 3 females, with one of the male characters being of old age and voiced by the man who voiced Whitebeard. Hanazawa Kana & Sawashiro Miyuki are pluses for me, also the male lead Tomokazu who has voiced quite a lot of quality characters, such as Gilgamesh, Kenichi, Shinichi Chiaki, and Daru from S;G. Love Ishida in a lot of roles, including Xellos and Katsura (Not Zura!). While not a fan of Nojima Kenji, he does have a few great VA roles, like Masaki in Eve no Jikan.

Not sure how I feel about the director/general director, but I'll enjoy Urobuchi Gen's role in Psycho-Pass. I'm not as negative on Production I.G., especially considering how they've been responsible for KuroBas, Usagi Drop, Kimi ni Todoke, and Break Blade recently. Hoping they can bring some of the mood from Ghost in the Shell and xxxHolic into this one.
Sep 12, 2012 3:30 PM

Sep 2011
LeopardTheGreat said:
So 4 males and 3 females, with one of the male characters being of old age and voiced by the man who voiced Whitebeard. Hanazawa Kana & Sawashiro Miyuki are pluses for me, also the male lead Tomokazu who has voiced quite a lot of quality characters, such as Gilgamesh, Kenichi, Shinichi Chiaki, and Daru from S;G. Love Ishida in a lot of roles, including Xellos and Katsura (Not Zura!). While not a fan of Nojima Kenji, he does have a few great VA roles, like Masaki in Eve no Jikan.

Not sure how I feel about the director/general director, but I'll enjoy Urobuchi Gen's role in Psycho-Pass. I'm not as negative on Production I.G., especially considering how they've been responsible for KuroBas, Usagi Drop, Kimi ni Todoke, and Break Blade recently. Hoping they can bring some of the mood from Ghost in the Shell and xxxHolic into this one.

Wait Production I.G?! Whoa whoa, i'm having a deja vu here.
Sep 12, 2012 4:15 PM
May 2010
It's noitaminA + Urobuchi + the Reborn chick, the only possible way for this to not be gay as fuck is Urobuchi taking advantage of the audience's expectations and purposefully eschewing them as much as possible. Which would be typical of him, but would he sacrifice homolust just to fuck with his fans?
Sep 12, 2012 4:49 PM

Nov 2007
wingless said:
It's noitaminA + Urobuchi + the Reborn chick, the only possible way for this to not be gay as fuck is Urobuchi taking advantage of the audience's expectations and purposefully eschewing them as much as possible. Which would be typical of him, but would he sacrifice homolust just to fuck with his fans?

So this is actually a yuri show in disguise?
Sep 12, 2012 5:04 PM

Oct 2011
game8910 said:
wingless said:

All the bishounens will turn out to be reverse traps and it will turn into a moeblob yuri harem.
Sep 12, 2012 5:37 PM
Oct 2011
NO WONDER THE ART LOOKED SO FAMILIAR! ITS THE KHR MANGAKA :D
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/darkdoll25&sclick=1">
Sep 12, 2012 8:33 PM

Aug 2011
Wow, I'm so happy that Akane is 20 years old. Other than that, all the other information I already know. This is definitely my most hyped anime of Autumn 2012. I really hope there's romance between the executor dude and the inspector chick.
Sep 12, 2012 8:49 PM

Feb 2008
Urobuchi Gen, eh? I like the idea of the story but was wondering how it was going to be done. If it's Urobuchi Gen, perhaps there's naught to worry about.

Admittedly, The Akira Amano-like character design is countering my belief in Urobuchi Gen.

DamonashuSep 12, 2012 8:52 PM
Sep 12, 2012 8:49 PM

Jun 2010
RyanSaotome said:
Well if you guys want to keep your hopes up, thats cool. All I'm saying is that the look of it gives me no confidence in it, so I'm gonna skip it. Its obviously aimed at a female audience and I'm not that demographic.

I sorta agree with that. Just look at the designs & the main guy who looks exactly like Hibari. I bet this guy will become popular among the female fans.

Besides, there are many seinen manga (mainly), with many bishounen that are aimed at girls and they 'feel' very shoujo. This could be the same case as well.

And also imagine if this is the next Guilty Crown.
Sep 12, 2012 9:52 PM

Nov 2007
dtshyk said:
Ginoza Nobuchika: Nojima Kenji
Kagari Shusei: Ishida Akira
Kunizuka Yayoi: Itou Shizuka
Karanomori Shion: Sawashiro Miyuki

Cannot wait.
dtshyk said:
I couldn't find a right chance to make a news topic for this anime because the information has been revealed little by little.

True.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 12, 2012 10:09 PM

Nov 2011
Ah, looks so interesting.

Can't wait :>
Sep 12, 2012 10:34 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
DraconisMarch said:
Gen Urobuchi. Kana Hanazawa. NOT about fucking teenagers (thank God).

Looking forward to this.

I don't think you'll like it. You don't seem the type that enjoys science-fiction.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 13, 2012 2:15 AM
May 2007
Keep them coming, the comments. They are entertaining!
I'm so watching because hot guys in suits carrying guns + Seki Tomokazu & Nojima Kenji.
Sep 13, 2012 2:29 AM

Sep 2011
jmal said:

"Shounen" as a demographic term is probably more accurately applied to manga, and adaptations of shounen manga. Psycho Pass is an anime original; there's no source material with an obvious demographic to categorize it under.

Unless the creative staff have specifically referred to it as "shounen anime", I think assuming a target demographic at this point is quite difficult. Especially on noitaminA, which has a stated goal (how well they achieve it is up to debate) of targeting demographics outside of the 20-something male demographic that many traditional late night anime look to.

Yeah i know, But from the Sypnosis and the pictures, one could assume it's a Seinen, but with how Amano draws the dudes, i'm not so sure anymore.

Damonashu said:
Urobuchi Gen, eh? I like the idea of the story but was wondering how it was going to be done. If it's Urobuchi Gen, perhaps there's naught to worry about.

Admittedly, The Akira Amano-like character design is countering my belief in Urobuchi Gen.

Exactly my thoughts, how could the awesome Urobuchi gen who wrote the Scenario for one of the best eroge of all time, Saya no Uta do this?

deathxempress said:
I sorta agree with that. Just look at the designs & the main guy who looks exactly like Hibari. I bet this guy will become popular among the female fans.

Besides, there are many seinen manga (mainly), with many bishounen that are aimed at girls and they 'feel' very shoujo. This could be the same case as well.

And also imagine if this is the next Guilty Crown.

Right? But KHR's mangaka is the one who made the designs, so duh lol

Nah, Seinen? i doubt it (With the exception of the infamous Hetalia), Shounen? Yup, mainly ones made by female mangaka, and even then, i'm almost certain when they draw the manga they have the Shounen demographic in mind, it's just the artstyle that confuses your brains lol.

kind of Like a Hentai artist who likes and is used to drawing big bust, if he were to draw a Shoujo, i'd bet my collection of a hundred something PS3 games that the female cast would have a big bust. xD

Still gonna check it out tho, got used to this since those times i was watching Kuroshitsuji, i was confused through the whole anime. you might call me weird, but i "kind of" enjoyed it, mainly the fight scenes...don't go calling me names now pls.
Downgrade355Sep 13, 2012 2:32 AM
Sep 13, 2012 5:01 AM
Mar 2010
well I don't care if it shonen or shoujo or seinen....it has bishies. it has a cute female lead and it has action....and men in suits...:3

Inu boku is supposed to be shonen but both boys are girls liked it. kurobas is shounen yet it is enjoyed by girls mainly. and both of these were very successful. for inu boku even if you say the anime's sales dropped from 15k to 8.5k, that is still impressive not to mention the manga sales skyrocketed .

prince of tennis is shounen too. but mainly followed by girls again....lol.
then there's doki doki tama-tan....which is shoujo...but its clear that its mainly read by guys who like lolis.

from what I can see, I think this anime will try to appeal to both males and females.
as long as it has amazing characters with otaku and fujoshi appeal....we have the next inu boku....at least, I think inu boku is popular with both males and females.

they have seen that fujoshi will buy anime if they play it right...so they're trying to get the best of both worlds.....
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Sep 13, 2012 5:50 AM

Sep 2011
phoenixalia said:

kurobas is shounen yet it is enjoyed by girls mainly.

Nope, not true. most of Kurobas's readers are boys aged 12-15, and that actually applies to nearly every Shounen Jump manga/anime. There was also a poll on Sankaku showing that One piece and other leading Shounen are also popular with men in their twenties and thirties. a big percentage of manga readers are actually not really Otaku, if you're familiar with japanese culture, you'll know that many ramen/okonomiyaki shops have tons of manga stocked there for the costumers to read.

Just stating the facts though, alot of people seem to be under these misconceptions, mainly foreigners.

game8910 said:

Lol, you should hop off the "bored people" wagon xD, seriously.
Sep 13, 2012 6:19 AM
Mar 2010
Downgrade355 said:

Nope, not true. most of Kurobas's readers are boys aged 12-15, and that actually applies to nearly every Shounen Jump manga/anime. There was also a poll on Sankaku showing that One piece and other leading Shounen are also popular with men in their twenties and thirties. a big percentage of manga readers are actually not really Otaku, if you're familiar with japanese culture, you'll know that many ramen/okonomiyaki shops have tons of manga stocked there for the costumers to read.

Just stating the facts though, alot of people seem to be under these misconceptions, mainly foreigners.

really? cuz from the fairs in animate and such and what my friends say the people who supported the anime were only fujoshi....and they are the ones buying the merchandise....same with prince of tennis. and with reborn.

and I know for a fact, this was posted officially in weeklyjump, they had a poll to see for the latest manga volumes of JUMP to see which gender read it the most. and kurobas, reborn, haikyuu, especially kurobas and haikyuu, the poll reported that more than two thirds of the readers were female. XD

its in the journal somewhere...I can't find it. >_< but its there. I'll ask someone to bring it up.

edit: and yes, what jmal said. I was mainly referring to the BDs and DVDs.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Sep 13, 2012 6:42 AM

Sep 2011
jmal said:

Pretty sure she was referring to the anime, who can and often does have a rather different paying audience than the manga. ~¥600 manga and ~¥7000 dvd/bds cater to different types of consumers.

After all, those character song solos and duets that have been released since the anime started and are selling like crazy aren't being bought by guys, I can assure you. Shows with an overwhelmingly male fanbase don't get strong charasong sales for male characters - in fact the males almost never get charasongs at all.

Yeah, you have a solid point and i never said otherwise, and i already knew that the Songs are bought mostly by the female fanbase, though we can't deny the possibilities. But yeah, i agree with pretty much everything you said.

phoenixalia said:

really? cuz from the fairs in animate and such and what my friends say the people who supported the anime were only fujoshi....and they are the ones buying the merchandise....same with prince of tennis. and with reborn.

and I know for a fact, this was posted officially in weeklyjump, they had a poll to see for the latest manga volumes of JUMP to see which gender read it the most. and kurobas, reborn, haikyuu, especially kurobas and haikyuu, the poll reported that more than two thirds of the readers were female. XD

its in the journal somewhere...I can't find it. >_< but its there. I'll ask someone to bring it up.

edit: and yes, what jmal said. I was mainly referring to the BDs and DVDs.

Then your friends are clearly misinformed, because realistically speaking, there is no way to know just how many of each demographic buys a certain manga.

Trust me, i guarantee you that nearly every Shounen has predominantly male readers, specifically little boys, and i wouldn't be lying or exaggerating if i said that most of those boys aren't by definition "otaku".

I don't recall any poll like that, though it might be true. but then again, not everyone participates in polls, infact the vast majority doesn't. for example take SNK, while the KoF series and their other products sold tons, only a few hundreds voted in polls, you know what i'm trying to say? not everyone votes in polls, many readers just get the tankobon, read it, then toss it or pass it to someone or discard it lol.

and Yeah, what jmal says is true and i'm with him on that. if you were refering to the BD's and DVDs then you should have said so from the beginning lol, since i'm most certain that 70%+ buyers are female, the BD's even come with those character cards and stuff, i don't think the guys would be interested in those but there is no denying that they do buy BD's and DVDs.

so that's that, manga and discs are hugely different in terms of sales and who they cater to, as jmal has pointed.

EDIT: Well i'm off to sleep guys, take care you two, TTYL.
Downgrade355Sep 13, 2012 6:45 AM
Sep 13, 2012 7:11 AM

Sep 2011
jmal said:

Well, the publishers probably have a decent idea, at least. That's what market research is for. If there weren't a large number (I won't debate percentages as I don't know) of female readers of KuroBas, the anime production committee would never have made a conscious effort to court female buyers.

While I said that audiences for the two media are different, I don't mean to imply that you can, say, convert To Love-ru Darkness into a fujoshi-favorite any more than you can convert Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi into a male otaku-favorite. But if a particularly fervent (and possessing of disposable income) portion of your fanbase is outside the traditional demographic, by all means, market to it.

It's also worth noting that I've seen a few polls where the #1 favorite manga magazine of female manga readers is, yes, Shounen Jump. Not a shoujo magazine. Here's a somewhat older (2007) survey, as I can't locate the more recent poll I remember seeing.

I don't think anyone would say that Shounen Jump's audience isn't primarily male, but popular "shounen" titles have long, long since expanded way beyond the preteen male demographic, some series more than others.

Yeah, i hear you. many Shounen do have a large number of female readers, of all demographics, and by all demographics i mean, All ages, with different interests, etc, not just Fujoshi.
And no, that's a given, you can't Turn To Love-ru Darkness into a fujoshi favourite and you can't turn a Shoujo, Josei, BL, you name it, into a male otaku favourite. in most cases, the target demographic are the main consumers.

Like i said, not everyone participates in Surveys, and you can't really compare 3 thousand female readers from a poll which god knows if it is by any means valid, to a million something of other demographics and non-otaku people who read shounen, which is why i said you can't rely on polls, i might sound like a hypocrite for saying that, but yes, you can't rely on polls, and that includes the poll i mentioned earlier.

and Yup, at this point it's a well known fact that the Shounen genre, or quite frankly, most genres expanded beyond their actual target demographic, guys read/watch shoujo/josei, girls read/watch shounen/seinen, that's been obvious decades ago lol, but there is no denying that it remains more popular with its main target demographic, or should i say, viewed/read by its main target demographic. Though people (mainly foreigners), judge a product by its shallow content, like "hey look, those guys in that seinen manga are hot, must be for girls" or "hey look, those girls in that shoujo anime look like cute lolis, must be for male otaku", No lol, it doesn't work that way.

Ok i'm seriously going to sleep right now, i feel like i'm gonna faint any minute lol. peace man.
Downgrade355Sep 13, 2012 7:16 AM
Sep 13, 2012 7:56 AM

May 2010
looks sooooooo interesting!! X)
Sep 13, 2012 8:30 AM

Feb 2008
Downgrade355 said:

Damonashu said:

Exactly my thoughts, how could the awesome Urobuchi gen who wrote the Scenario for one of the best eroge of all time, Saya no Uta do this?

If this is sarcasm I detect here, then I reply with two things.
The first: I have never played this eroge and most likely never will, so I shall reserve all judgements.

The second: Even if it turns out that this eroge is bad, then I stand by my post by saying "Even so, he still has a better track record than Amano." Frankly though, since she's only the original character designer there's no real reason to suspect this will be a flop.
Sep 13, 2012 8:55 AM

Dec 2007
Two days ago I added Motohiro Katsuyuki to the database and apparently it wasn't accepted.
Sep 13, 2012 2:48 PM

Sep 2011
Damonashu said:

If this is sarcasm I detect here, then I reply with two things.
The first: I have never played this eroge and most likely never will, so I shall reserve all judgements.

The second: Even if it turns out that this eroge is bad, then I stand by my post by saying "Even so, he still has a better track record than Amano." Frankly though, since she's only the original character designer there's no real reason to suspect this will be a flop.

hold on a minute, i think i might aswell let you know that i'm not a person who uses sarcasm often, and no, that was by no means sarcasm, sorry if it seemed that way.

@jmal
i hear you man.
Shounen is "readable" by everyone, that's common knowledge lol. it's just that the main consumers are in most cases young boys.
Downgrade355Sep 13, 2012 2:53 PM
Sep 13, 2012 8:13 PM

Nov 2010
Not many people here totally know Urobuchi outside of Fate/Zero, Madoka and Saya no Uta, I guess.

While I'm not a really big fan of Gen Urobuchi, I could safely say that Gen Urobuchi should be capable of writing gay undertones/character. Not that I'm really objecting that, but I just want to write this since some people here seem to think that "There's no way Gen Urobuchi write a gay story". But don't worry, they won't be the main dish.

And for my own first impression, actually I rarely like Gen's male character. Even if there's any, most possibly there's an influence from other party (Like Fate/Zero's case). But actually the same thing happened to most of Gen's female character, with some exceptions.

Now that I think about it, character creation usually is the weakest skill of Gen. This show probably won't be an exception, but I guess I'll still try. He's awesome in execution, afterall.
Sep 13, 2012 8:21 PM

Aug 2010
I just watched the new updated trailer they had. I feel a Death Note kind of vibe from it, the art I guess?

I hope this series is really good just seeing how intense the trailer is. xP
Sep 13, 2012 11:28 PM

Jun 2010
Downgrade355 said:
[

Nah, Seinen? i doubt it (With the exception of the infamous Hetalia), Shounen? Yup, mainly ones made by female mangaka, and even then, i'm almost certain when they draw the manga they have the Shounen demographic in mind, it's just the artstyle that confuses your brains lol.

kind of Like a Hentai artist who likes and is used to drawing big bust, if he were to draw a Shoujo, i'd bet my collection of a hundred something PS3 games that the female cast would have a big bust. xD

Still gonna check it out tho, got used to this since those times i was watching Kuroshitsuji, i was confused through the whole anime. you might call me weird, but i "kind of" enjoyed it, mainly the fight scenes...don't go calling me names now pls.

It is possible. Take for example Brave 10; It was listed as a 'Seinen', but everything was shoujo about it. And there are plenty of manga that are Seinen, yet they feel like shoujo, just because of the magazine where they are published.

Let me list you some:
http://myanimelist.net/manga/11729/Death_Edge
http://myanimelist.net/manga/35119/Albox_-_Eien_o_Kaetara
http://myanimelist.net/manga/24764/raven;od
Sep 14, 2012 12:32 AM

Sep 2011
deathxempress said:

It is possible. Take for example Brave 10; It was listed as a 'Seinen', but everything was shoujo about it. And there are plenty of manga that are Seinen, yet they feel like shoujo, just because of the magazine where they are published.

Let me list you some:
http://myanimelist.net/manga/11729/Death_Edge
http://myanimelist.net/manga/35119/Albox_-_Eien_o_Kaetara
http://myanimelist.net/manga/24764/raven;od

I'll have you know that Brave10's mangaka draws mainly Yaoi.
Most of the time Shounen/Seinen drawn by female mangaka will have a Shoujo feel and Bishounens.

And not so surprisingly, all the mangas you listed are drawn by female mangaka. see my point?
Sep 14, 2012 12:57 AM

Oct 2007
Psycho-Pass is confirmed for two-cours.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Sep 14, 2012 1:03 AM

Sep 2011
Jarmel said:

That means 11 episodes in fall and the other 11 in autumn?
Sep 14, 2012 3:31 AM
Oct 2011
Downgrade355 said:
Jarmel said:

fall means autumn doesn't it? that means 24+ episodes, 12+ in fall and 12+ in winter.
Sep 14, 2012 4:14 AM
Mar 2010
two cour show...thank goodness. now I have uta pri 2 and this to watch in spring.
Sep 14, 2012 5:10 AM

Sep 2011
Candor said:
Downgrade355 said:
Jarmel said:

fall means autumn doesn't it? that means 24+ episodes, 12+ in fall and 12+ in winter.

Right, got things mixed up there, my bad lol.

The show's 22 episodes though, so it's 11 fall 11 winter ;p
gonna watch.
Sep 14, 2012 6:04 AM
Oct 2011
Downgrade355 said:
Candor said:
Downgrade355 said:
Jarmel said:

gonna watch.
Normally it's 24+ but in some cases it can be less, but has it been confirmed yet? the 22-episode part?
Sep 14, 2012 7:29 AM

Apr 2010
Candor said:
Downgrade355 said:
Candor said:
Downgrade355 said:
Jarmel said:

gonna watch.
Normally it's 24+ but in some cases it can be less, but has it been confirmed yet? the 22-episode part?

Well I haven't seen any confirmation of 2 cour myself, but if it is, it'll be 22 since this it Noitamina. They only do 11 episode blocks.

Sep 14, 2012 7:47 AM
Oct 2011
RyanSaotome said:
Candor said:
Downgrade355 said:
Candor said:
Downgrade355 said:
Jarmel said:

gonna watch.

Well I haven't seen any confirmation of 2 cour myself, but if it is, it'll be 22 since this it Noitamina. They only do 11 episode blocks.
I see. Thanks.
Sep 14, 2012 9:07 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Looking good, loking good.

The comments were hilarious: reverse-harem, yaoi? How the hell do you get that from the synopsis?
Sep 14, 2012 2:05 PM

Jul 2010
BatoKusanagi said:
The comments were hilarious: reverse-harem, yaoi? How the hell do you get that from the synopsis?

because a lot of people nowadays don't know how to watch "sci-fi"
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Sep 14, 2012 6:05 PM

Jan 2010
That art was not what I was expecting.
Sep 14, 2012 7:10 PM

Aug 2011
I don't think I've been so excited over an anime before.
Sep 14, 2012 7:55 PM

Nov 2006
The art looks awful. Hopefully the anime itself will look better.
Sep 15, 2012 3:31 AM

May 2011
Can't wait to watch it.
Sep 15, 2012 10:28 AM
Nov 2008
Hopefully moe queen Kana Hanazawa will know what Urobutcher is capable of, and not get traumatized like Madoka's cast did.
Sep 15, 2012 5:28 PM

Aug 2008
Urobuchi Gen and character design by Amano Akira, Will Watch.
Sep 16, 2012 10:19 AM
Apr 2009
Downgrade355 said:

Like i said, not everyone participates in Surveys, and you can't really compare 3 thousand female readers from a poll which god knows if it is by any means valid, to a million something of other demographics and non-otaku people who read shounen, which is why i said you can't rely on polls, i might sound like a hypocrite for saying that, but yes, you can't rely on polls, and that includes the poll i mentioned earlier.

So there are actually Japanese polls that say more than 50% of people who buy some Shounen Jump series are female... but those polls are wrong because not everyone fills them out? And what proof do you have? Just what you ~believe~ basically.

Anyway here's the poll people earlier were talking about:
http://i.minus.com/ibdv5qgInz3Qyc.jpg
http://i.minus.com/iYVwIauUpngOa.png

Not that it matters though since polls aren't reliable and you know the REAL truth

Uh anyway back to Psycho Pass. I'm getting more and more excited about it. I've never watched an Urobuchi show so I guess I'll be surprised.
Sep 16, 2012 9:32 PM

Jul 2010
Most anticipated anime of upcoming season along with Chuunibyou and Zetsuen no Tempest for me :D.I have a feeling this will be really good.
Sep 17, 2012 12:37 PM
Oct 2011
Man, I can't wait for this show to start, so looking forward to it.
Sep 18, 2012 12:10 AM

Feb 2010
seki tomokazu !!!
YAHOOOOOOOOOOO
"never regret anything, because at one point it was exactly what you wanted"
Sep 18, 2012 9:30 AM

Oct 2008
I'm not a picky person when it comes to art style, but why the hell did Production I.G hire a girl with a girly art style to do the character designs in which all the men look like super models and such? When (presumably) they're trying to make a seinen sci fi anime that's supposed take itself seriously like Ghost in the Shell.
With all due respect to KHR, which isn't a bad anime, Those designs seem to be completely misplaced in this one.
Sep 18, 2012 9:43 AM

Apr 2010
HATUL300 said:
I'm not a picky person when it comes to art style, but why the hell did Production I.G hire a girl with a girly art style to do the character designs in which all the men look like super models and such? When (presumably) they're trying to make a seinen sci fi anime that's supposed take itself seriously like Ghost in the Shell.
With all due respect to KHR, which isn't a bad anime, Those designs seem to be completely misplaced in this one.

Fujoshis are one of the top markets these days. A normal action show with macho looking designs wouldn't sell... but bishounens everywhere will sell.

Sep 18, 2012 10:00 AM

Oct 2008
RyanSaotome said:
HATUL300 said:

Fujoshis are one of the top markets these days. A normal action show with macho looking designs wouldn't sell... but bishounens everywhere will sell.

Yeah, I guess you have a point there. I have nothing against Fujoshis, but if they are the majority of consumers, anime will eventually become feminized beyond description. Just like many other things in today's world, unfortunately. :(
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
7 minutes ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.