Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 21, 2014 4:29 PM

Apr 2013
OHH The best episode. Great episode.
Mar 29, 2014 7:44 PM

Nov 2012
YOU CAN'T DO THAT AKARI! THE FUTURE WILL BE CHANGED! YOU'LL CREATE A TIME PARADOX!

Also, more Akane!
Apr 17, 2014 2:42 AM

Oct 2009
WHAT?! It wasn't real? D:!!
That was touching and we got more Akane.

I actually teared up a bit there at the end XD
May 14, 2014 10:02 AM

May 2013
god fucking dammit. I'm not sure what to think. On the one hand I loved this episode and it was even a "parody" of my favorite anime film but then it turns out it was just some stupid bullshit.
I guess it would have been to over the top if there was an actual time machine but still. ;_;
Jul 24, 2014 4:31 PM

Oct 2013
This episode came as a shock to me. I never expected Yuru Yuri to make me tear up and/or have such a change in pace. The insert song was really touching. Plus on her way back riding the time machine, Akari expected everyone to just acknowledge that she's already back (which is what I expected too) but then she finds out they were actually worried of her.

Seeing this:

and this:

made me realize that Kyouko was probably the most worried about her. I don't think I've seen Kyouko with actual, real tears on any of the prior episodes or season; being the sort-of troublemaker of the group. She's even the contact person indicated in the leaflet they were making. I'd assume she was also the one that initiated the search in the first place.

BUUUUTT then again, it was her story all along.

Overall, a great semi-last episode!
Aug 4, 2014 9:38 PM
Jul 2014
Dang Thoshino.

When she started crying, DANG! you made me tears of like, huge yawn, and my lips got trembling, all of suddenly
Curse you anime, even in lights stories, one can't avoid the touching stuff...

...Butt off course, it was all fictional. Kinda wished it stayed real, but... I guess a time machine couldn't actually happened, although in a crazy world like YuruYuri, anything can happen
Aug 11, 2014 8:33 AM

Aug 2011
Akari will never get true love..... should've seen that coming.
Aug 12, 2014 7:45 AM

Jan 2014
CristianGDias said:
Time Travel? Well that was unexpected....
Oct 8, 2014 1:12 PM

Jan 2013
Such troll ending/
Still, a good episode of going back to the past.
Well done Kyoko
Oct 30, 2014 4:26 PM

Mar 2011
That was a good episode,it was good to see an Akari centered story and it had some good heart to it.
That last scene got me good I won't deny, I do wish it was cannon with the show but oh well
Nov 1, 2014 9:27 AM

Feb 2014
Wow... how this episode can be so distorted compared to the previous episodes (1 to 10)..?!

I mean, this episode is far good compared to the others...

What they didn't do in the previous episodes, they did on this episode....

The previous episodes (1 to 10) were just "fine" for me (6/10 score);
However this episode was the best so far with a 8-9/10 score....

I wish they had done the previous episodes in the same level of this episode 11.

Now, going for episode 12...! I hope that the episode 12 is good as the episode 11.
TechOtakuNov 1, 2014 9:59 AM
Nov 11, 2014 3:45 PM

Sep 2014
I guess it was okay, although not as good as the rest of episodes, doesn't really fit this anime. And well, I don't like Akari much and it being centered around her isn't helping. But at least we got to see some Akane.
Dec 14, 2014 4:57 AM

Aug 2014
Airi said:
Oh man, that Akari and Nishigaki scene. Couldn't stop laughing when she fixed it with batteries.
Totally called it. I mean, I actually thought it was gonna be plugged in, but same thing.
Season 3 where?
Also, this.
NKNKN said:
Personally I'm pretending the last bit after the explosion didn't happen, as I agree that it cheapens the impact of Akari's return, which would have been a great ending in the first place. Maybe it's just my wishful thinking, as having a supernatural and a serious element in Yuru Yuri's story is very out-of-place, but when it's done so very well here I really don't want to have it just retconned out as another imaginary scenario.

Undim said:
I didn't like the end, it really cheapens things that a lot of effort seemed to go into to make, for what is ultimately the exact same gag from the season opener. The exploding time machine was a good enough punch line as it was and with a little bit of tweaking, may have been even better.

Say for example, Akari could have started to speak on realizing how loved she was and the importance of "my . . ." , only NOW to get interrupted by Kyoko asking if she heard right, that Nishigaki had fixed the time machine. Then everyone notices the machine starting to light up and a commotion is made. Cut back to Akari making the same crying expression as when Sugiura interrupted her big plan speech and finishes out the same "My Presence!"

In the build up to the explosion, with everyone running out of the building, you have Akari trying to scramble to get the words out in time in a vein effort to not have her presence interrupted again for what will probably be another year. Instead she gets blown up and the status quo is still equally retained while also making a call back connection to the big event of her past self getting interrupted.

I realize the nature of the show absorbs a lot of the blow of how much an ending like this can hurt anything but even if you don't do anything like what I described, I think there had to be a million other avenues you could have taken to give this episode a big punchline ending without falling back to an overused gag that really disservices the episode's own accomplishments.
Undim's suggestion is good, and if they wanted a callback to anything that would've been a good way to do it.

To me, it never happened. The last line in the episode was Kyouko reconfirming that Nishigaki-sensei fixed the machine. XP
Kinda tempted to agree with this completely. Doesn't help that I hate "all a dream" endings by default, even if in this case it was a manga instead. This is the only thing that kept me from giving...I think the first 5/5 I'd ever have given an ep in these threads.
game8910 said:
TOSHINO KYOUKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Toshino Kyōko!!! >>>.<<< Never thought I'd actually, seriously be doing an Ayano impression...

That.
Song.
Was.
So.
Damn.
Cute.

I literally came this >< close to letting out an involuntary "D'aaaawwww!" by the end.

Chizuru in the group shot at the end made me WTF. (1) Why does she even care? She's met Akari like once. If it's just because Chitose's so happy, fine, but...? (2) Why is she reacting differently from everyone-else? Tho "because Chizuru" would be an acceptable answer here, I think, if it isn't because of Chitose along with (1).

More Chitose/Chizuru, Sakurako, and Himawari might have made up for the ending. Nana and Matsumoto helped, along with the snippet of the s1 OP. Still think both the s1 tunes are better than s2's.

I am shipping Akane/Akari so damn hard right now, I can't even. I have lost all capacity to even. Sure there was a small KyōkoRin moment in there, but I'm not sure I could care less about it at the moment. Akane is now a complete babe in my book and deserves everything she wants, including things she doesn't yet know she wants. Like Tomoko. Mmhm. Yeah, I'm totally going OT4 (Akane/Akari/Chinatsu/Tomoko) for the first time ever, and I'm not sure how I feel about the fact, but it is what it is, and it will take something drastic in the final ep to make me think about changing it.

Like Yui. If Yui actually makes a serious move toward Chinatsu, I'll consider changing it. Doubt she will tho, the indecisive little bint.
"Ō-sama...kindly shut up. I wouldn't normally do this, but we are working with them whether you like it or not, because otherwise our chances of success approach zero." - Stern the Destructor (maybe not a direct translation, but it gets the point across)
Related: I'm writing a Lyrical alternate timeline!
Dec 14, 2014 5:07 AM

Nov 2014
We got trolled. that's it i'm done. seriously. she' s a bit out there.
Jan 8, 2015 12:26 AM
Jun 2013
Great episode! And finally some screen time for Akarin :)
Also: TOSCHINO KYOKOOOO!!! Y U DO DIS?
Jan 18, 2015 2:55 PM

Oct 2014
Akarin got some screen time finally
this episode was very dramatic and funny
5/5
Mar 15, 2015 10:09 PM

Jun 2013
Loved how this show really pushed its boundaries with this episodes, even though I really felt trolled at the end of it. Saw it coming, but it was actually pretty convincing once everyone started crying for Akari.

At least she finally got enough screen-time. Akariiiiin~
Mar 18, 2015 5:36 AM

Sep 2013
ahhhhh i love akane.

'course, I wish they didn't spoof everything at the end, but still really good.
Apr 1, 2015 1:31 AM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Fantastic episode. All this attention for Akari made me happy.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

Apr 6, 2015 1:29 AM
Nov 2014
Definitely one of the best episode in all animes I have seen so far.

Can't praise this episode enough. Too good.
May 7, 2015 10:19 PM

May 2014
Really great episode! Akari's sister is like Brock, NEVER OPENING HER EYES. I bet they're really pretty, too ;_;
May 31, 2015 7:50 AM

Jun 2014
Loved Akari's song.

Just by changing the batteries, she can make it explode.

Jul 18, 2015 2:37 PM
Jul 2015
this ep really made me cry,this awasome
Sep 21, 2015 9:26 AM

Nov 2011
Funny episode that manages to be fun and give more space to the character of Akari. Too bad you do not know anything new on sister Akari, what bad luck. Drawings and excellent animations.
Oct 10, 2015 1:10 AM

Aug 2013
The fuck...I've been fooled.

It made me feel false feels. I mean, you couldn't not get choked up when Kyouko breaks down and then you literally see a room full of people crying.
Dec 26, 2015 3:37 AM
Jul 2014
Best episode. Until... dammit Kyouko!
Feb 6, 2016 2:45 AM

Aug 2013
Give me back my tears... Kyouko-chan totally fooled me. xD
That song really pulled right at the heart strings.
Feb 14, 2016 7:16 PM

Jun 2014
Holy fuck this was a good ass episode, didn't expect the feels but I actually cried a bit at the end there, and I don't even feel bad I got trolled.
Feb 25, 2016 7:04 AM

Jun 2015
Such a good episode.
:)
Apr 18, 2016 5:57 PM
Aug 2013
That was rather a serious episode compared to the rest of the series O.o pretty good though.

Akarin is too precious for words.
Jun 15, 2016 8:17 PM

Dec 2009
I actually cried when Kyoko started crying. Akari is the best. And everyone missed her ;-; love her. Love all of them. AND DAMMIT TOSHINO KYOKO. LET IT END WITH THE AKARI WHO LEAPT THROUGH TIME.
Jun 24, 2016 9:26 AM

Dec 2012
God damn it Kyouko, give me back my feels. ;_; She got me good with her crying face lol.
But holy shit we finally got the Akari episode that we all wanted, and it was fucking amazing. *-*
Jul 12, 2016 11:05 AM

Nov 2014
Damn you Kyouko, go die -_-
That was so awesome I thought I might be watching wrong anime, but then this ending. Argggh!
Aug 20, 2016 6:44 AM

May 2010
Time travel episode hell ye!

I love Akari's "Waai~ Lightly salted~! Akari loves lightly salted chips~"

Oi oi this girl. Just how hellbent is she on making her perfect highschool debut, she's perfect as she is... This should be interesting tho, but takes great amount of dedication.

Akane just got 10x more lovable this episode, supporting both vers of Akari like that.
Wait I thought of one more thing. Akane might be helping Akari every time loop like this... and that would explain why she loves her so much...! I mean this could be possible

Eh... So what was it again? I refuse to believe it was just a made-up story. That wouldn't explain the trip and the souvenir in the previous episode.

Akarin the true protagonist of this world!!! I shall believe
Sep 29, 2016 1:59 PM
Jul 2016
Back to the Future anyone?
Oct 13, 2016 8:21 PM

Aug 2009
kagakiri said:
Well, the feels were nice while they lasted. Until the last minute. THANKS A BUNCH, KYOUKO!

i knew something was wrong when everyone worries about akari :p

akane and matsumoto cool as usual
Jan 14, 2017 3:51 PM

Aug 2013
Oh wow that ending was genius! I'm surprised I didn't see that coming.
Jan 17, 2017 4:20 PM
Mar 2016
This show is so funny and just so light that damn, didn't think they'd throw me on the feels train.

Please don't make Kyouko tear up, cause damn it I will start crying
Jul 3, 2017 12:20 PM

Sep 2014
I thought that episode 10 had lots of flash backs, but this one was about time travel! Awesome! I liked it since it was so different from the rest of the series. It was nice for a change and quite original.
I liked how Akari's onee-chan supported and comforted her so much.
Akari struggled a lot, but in the end she treasures her memories with her friends and doesn't want to change them. Awww
And when she returns to the present day, everyone is super worried about her because they actually care, even if she goes unnoticed most of the time. Kyouko crying was so sad and cute. Awwwwww >///////<
That explosion at the end was mandatory at that point. xD

Too bad it was all a product of Kyouko's imagination. lol
The story was nice, though, and I'm glad Kyouko made such a cute story about Akari as the main character.
Dec 31, 2017 8:27 AM

Jul 2015
Steins;Akarin~ is my favorite anime.

Akane had the time of her life with two of them xD
Feb 20, 2019 11:33 AM

Aug 2009
I'm so glad this episode exists. If it weren't already, this episode makes it obvious that Akari is by far best girl (just my opinion y'know, but it's also kind of a fact). She manages to carry an entire episode, which is not something the other characters can pull off. Ehh, maybe Kyouko can, but Akari sure as hell managed to do it very well. 5/5
Sep 5, 2019 3:18 AM

Nov 2013
Best episode of the season !! The feels
Mar 14, 2020 10:08 AM

Jun 2017
Man, I loved this episode. As goofy as expected but it had a heartwarming ending until Kyoko uh, pretty much ruined it. This is definitely one of my favorite episodes so far.
Sep 8, 2020 8:31 PM
May 2018
Movie reference: Summer Time Machine Blue.
Probably.
May 9, 2021 2:20 AM
Jun 2019
Seeing even Kyouko cry, that scene hits hard man.
May 3, 2022 1:30 AM

Feb 2020
This could have been one of the best anime episodes ever made, but the ending kinda ruined it. I mean, I absolutely loved every single second of this episode. It was so dramatic, emotional and hilarious, but I really didn't like the fact that it was just a made-up story.
Aug 26, 2022 2:53 AM
Jun 2019
Ngl kinda teared up at the missing posters part with everyone being there... Akari deserves every acknowledgement she gets ㅠㅠ
Feb 9, 2023 1:46 AM
Jun 2022
I think this episode was the best so far in the whole series!
It has nostalgia, déjà vu, protagonist AKARI!, Akane, drama and a few moral too (with a bit of sadism).
Yes! Akari for the win!!!
Jul 26, 2023 6:21 AM

Jan 2018
"We've Been Tricked, We've Been Backstabbed and We've Been, Quite Possibly, Bamboozled" - quote from a Halo meme.

Seriously, this is not the first time I have been trolled by numerous anime shows. But this may be the biggest troll that I have ever faced.

It almost made me shed a tear once in this episode. Almost.

Oh, Kyouko, you're such a little tomboy.
Average anime enjoyer.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Yuri ♪♪ Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

robokai - Aug 13, 2012

148 by asbest0sdust »»
Mar 17, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri ♪♪ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 30, 2012

123 by asbest0sdust »»
Mar 15, 10:46 AM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri ♪♪ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 17, 2012

194 by devil1001 »»
Jul 26, 2023 9:56 AM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri ♪♪ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Sep 3, 2012

110 by Michi00_ »»
Feb 9, 2023 1:07 AM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri ♪♪ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Elite60 - Jul 2, 2012

184 by Michi00_ »»
Jan 28, 2023 5:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.