Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2008 7:06 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
After all the built up hype about the gratuitousness of this episode, I was sorely disappointed after watching it. IMO, this was hardly 'going too far'. This was 'going just a little bit past acceptable'. This episode, with some minute editing, could be easily shown on late night TV, at least in America. Change the loli scene from her revealing the punch line that she's 'developed' to the joke that she's actually a midget (and therefore over the legal age) and that she tricked everyone the entire time, then blur the nipples. Then all you would have to do is put 'censored' bars over the 'dancing erections' (which might even make the scene funnier than it already was).

If shows like Gantz and Elfen Lied were aired, then this episode is definitely tame enough to be aired. The only reason I can think of for why censors or networks wouldn't want to air this is that it is 'violence for the sake of violence' and has no real point.

tl;dr: Episode isn't really as bad as people make it sound. Shows with worse content have been aired, why not this one?

Higurashi: Retroactively asserting why scary and cute sound so similar in Japanese.
Jun 28, 2009 6:11 PM
Feb 2009
I guess this is because of the date, you know. Excel Saga was made in 2000, I guess censorshop was tighter back then. It always gets softer and softer as you keep airing shows that push the envelope further and further. Elfen Lied aired in 2005, and GANTZ in 2006 IIRC, I guess the animators had more time to push censorship further and further.

I thought it was kinda appropriate to air all that stuff actually: what better way to end 21 chapters of pure nonsense and craziness, and 4 of everything going down the dramatic path, than with half an hour parade of gratuitous sex and gore?

On a sort of related note, this time I watched the European Spanish dub. I don't know if I already got used to their weird accent by force of watching Spaniard sitcoms, but they did a great job at not bothering me with their voices. Edition was shoddy though... the trailer for Puni Puni Poemy was not dubbed, I would have missed it if not for being foreshadowed in chapter 17.
Da_NukeJun 28, 2009 6:18 PM
Jul 16, 2009 3:14 PM

Jun 2008
One word: epic.

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Sep 19, 2009 8:12 AM

Aug 2009
this anime was bad
Dec 31, 2009 8:42 PM

Dec 2009
i love this anime sooo much lol
i must read it now ^_^
Feb 24, 2010 2:27 AM

Jan 2010
There were so many funnies in this ep. Loved how it started out with the singing LOLOL. And for some reason they censored some stuff in the original dub, but it wasn't censored in the English dub (Sarin was censored as Sa__n, for example). Clinched with all the boob footage especially of young Ropponmatsu's DX.
mrcloudyFeb 24, 2010 2:38 AM
Support BL fandom!
Apr 22, 2010 8:09 PM

Jul 2007
To think this was considered pushing the envelope in 2000. Oh how far we have come.

It took five years for me to finish this, but it's finally over. 7/10.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Apr 23, 2010 2:13 PM
Apr 2010
hmm... well, for 2000, i'd say they went pretty far. however, if they knew it wouldn't be aired, i don't see why they didn't go even further. i guess it goes to show just how far we've come removing the limitations on broadcasting across all forms of media..

ah, internet.

anywho, this episode kicks ass, regardless of how far it went. it went as far as it needed to, to be honest. the animation style would not have permitted much more or less, so i'd say it was a fitting closure to an otherwise entirely frivolous show. and i mean that in a good way.

that being said, this episode puts most of the second half of Excel saga to shame, to be honest. the earlier episodes were hilarious, but the latter part of this series went downhill. it seems like they really did run out of ideas.
May 21, 2010 1:44 PM

Jul 2009
One word: genius.
Aug 11, 2010 5:06 PM

Aug 2010
When my friends told me that episode 26 crushes all the others combined, I thought that they were exaggerating. Hell no. More blood, more nudity (ecchi for real this tiem), more perversion, MOAR LULZ. Dammit, I loved it so much.

Nov 20, 2010 4:11 PM

Mar 2008
Just re-watched the whole series after about four years and this truly IS the best comedy/parody anime I've seen so far, and I don't think it will ever be topped. Wasn't wrong to give this a 10 after the first time.
Love every single episode, even that damn review episode is brilliant, lol.
Jul 11, 2011 11:57 AM

Jun 2011
Best episode with the episode 1 as runner-up. 7/10 for the entire show
The threat is stronger than the execution.
Dec 11, 2011 11:45 PM

Sep 2011
probably the greatest 26 minutes of my life, sooooo good.......... although i was hoping excel would finally get to eat menchi-chan. bloody brilliant !
Don't Push Me !
Jun 20, 2012 6:13 AM

Jul 2011
Damn, I was content with this anime ending but then this episode just made me want more. Too funny.
May 24, 2013 5:05 PM
Nov 2012
Excellent episode.
Nov 16, 2013 3:30 PM

Nov 2011
Wtf is with the beginning this episode..

Excel Saga musical? LOL.
Odd episode like always. The second half of this episode was so awkward seriously. 4/10 overall.
May 31, 2014 10:02 PM
Jun 2013
lol at the musical part.wow enchanced blood and random nudity in the opening.oh they kidnapped spielberg.random nakedness check....and we even get a rub down between two girls.cute random dancing dog.lol sex potions manicans however one is being covered by a tree I wonder whats it doing.did they really add random poo.was he going to do it with a kid?A dog thrusting and possible lesbian moment what more can I ask for.

Umm weird way to end but I kinda enjoyed more then episode 25.Sad to see it end still.
Jun 12, 2014 3:11 AM

Nov 2011
Splitter said:
To think this was considered pushing the envelope in 2000. Oh how far we have come.

It took five years for me to finish this, but it's finally over. 7/10.

Compared to pushing the envelope in the 80s pushing the envelope in 2000 is rather tame. Great anime overall though.
Jun 12, 2014 3:12 AM

Nov 2011
vexium said:
hmm... well, for 2000, i'd say they went pretty far. however, if they knew it wouldn't be aired, i don't see why they didn't go even further. i guess it goes to show just how far we've come removing the limitations on broadcasting across all forms of media..

ah, internet.

anywho, this episode kicks ass, regardless of how far it went. it went as far as it needed to, to be honest. the animation style would not have permitted much more or less, so i'd say it was a fitting closure to an otherwise entirely frivolous show. and i mean that in a good way.

that being said, this episode puts most of the second half of Excel saga to shame, to be honest. the earlier episodes were hilarious, but the latter part of this series went downhill. it seems like they really did run out of ideas.

How was this far in 2000 when the most violent and obscene of anime are from the 80s and early 90s?
Jun 23, 2015 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
Finally

Nabeshin has perfected the very definition of Excel Saga

thank fuck Excel/they never lied in the previews
who the fuck expected uncensored ecchi to appear on the LAST episode

this shit was messed up, and if only all of it had been of quality like this episode

And he actually directed a musical anime http://myanimelist.net/anime/1655/Nerima_Daikon_Brothers

SATAN CHRIST the musical parts are FUCKING HILARIOUS
Mar 29, 2016 6:03 PM

May 2015
They really went all-out on the last episode. So many violations left and right. I think the only comedy/parody anime that tops Excel Saga is Nichijou. This was fun to binge watch, there was never a dull moment.

I do feel kind of bad that the first VA for Excel lost her voice when playing Excel. It must've been a very strenuous role to play.
Jun 8, 2016 9:54 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
For something pretty old, it's quite random and funny. I was thinking it deserves a 7, but an 8 it is.

May 9, 2017 10:09 AM
Jan 2017
I really liked this episode and anime. Overall i'd give it a 9.5/10 my only complaint is the 2 clip shows they included were sooo dumb. If they just limited it to 1 clip show or made 26 more episodes clip show free I would I'd have given it a perfect score.
Sep 30, 2017 10:35 PM
May 2017
Granted, this series wasn't as line-crossing as it could be, but still, i couldn't ask for a better ending for this show. The hardest laughs are always the last laughs.
Nov 19, 2018 1:07 PM
Feb 2018
Finally finish this series in 1 week, have to say this is prob the most funniest random anime I ever seen lol. The best scene from this episode from my opinion was excel about to witness Hyatt was about to get the dick with her body! Lmfao that was pure genius, i honestly didn’t think it was over board or pushing the limits but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Anyway I give this whole series 10/10! Ohh yeah almost forgot I’m happy for Pedro :)!!!!
Jan 9, 2019 7:18 AM
Nov 2018
This is the last anime that I watch. And I will never watch other anime from now on. I have found it.
May 8, 2019 2:43 PM

Nov 2016
Oh man, this episode surely offered a worthy conclusion to a crazy ride tho I honestly expected a bit more

There was pretty much never a dull moment, quite the opposite in fact, sometimes too much to handle and I was even kinda afraid to lose my sanity.

P.S. Every scene with Excel was pure win.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 14, 2020 2:18 AM

Jul 2015
I guess for its time this must have been going over the limits of what could be shown on tv, bit more bloody and oversexed compared to normal eps
For a quack experimental anime that really parodied different genres, this was a decent watch

A lot of chaos each episode but in a fun way, for example the amount of plottwists I never saw coming from situations where one with common sense wouldn't place those

Overall decent anime, nothing to spectacular as it had some episodes that were in my opinion not really funny and bad while others really made me laugh

Jan 13, 2022 1:53 AM
Jan 2011
Fun fact: This episode is actually banned=)) Was wondering how they got a way to show a topless almost 9-year-old :))
Jan 25, 2022 5:13 AM

Apr 2020
One of the weirdest anime out there.
So fun to watch all the way through but a few of the episodes are just average.
Still a solid 8/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Apr 24, 2022 1:51 PM
Sep 2015
This was crazy.
It really was going all out.
Lots of blood and ecchi.
Jun 18, 2022 4:46 PM
Dec 2019
I think it's pretty appropriate to say that the last episode went too far, if you compare it to the rest of the episodes; Comparing it to modern standards it makes no sense really, even comparing to what was acceptable back when it was made - the "Went too far" part makes perfectly sense within the anime
Sep 20, 2022 11:11 AM

Jul 2020
An awesome ending to a hilarious anime. Too bad there were several boring-ish episodes in the middle, other than that it was amazing all the way through
Apr 11, 2023 10:10 PM
May 2021
Pyrokensei said:
probably the greatest 26 minutes of my life, sooooo good.......... although  i was hoping excel would finally get to eat menchi-chan. bloody brilliant !
lmaoooo same here
Oct 1, 2023 7:35 PM

Jan 2020
Even when turning into a gory comedy and borderline hentai, it did not feel off with the overall feel of the anime somehow.

I really liked this version of the OP and the ED this time too lol.

7/10 overall for Excel Saga. It was good but it feels somewhat dated.
MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Excel Saga Episode 1 Discussion

kie_ - Jun 21, 2009

30 by Spaz_monkey »»
Apr 13, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Excel Saga Episode 10 Discussion

Da_Nuke - Jun 27, 2009

14 by Atavistic »»
Mar 5, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Excel Saga Episode 14 Discussion

Da_Nuke - Jun 28, 2009

8 by dreaming0 »»
Jan 31, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Excel Saga Episode 24 Discussion

Da_Nuke - Jun 28, 2009

10 by sandwich-boy »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:37 PM

Poll: » Excel Saga Episode 25 Discussion

Da_Nuke - Jun 28, 2009

8 by eblf2013 »»
Oct 1, 2023 7:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.