Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2012 2:55 AM

Feb 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I haven't read the one-shot yet but I really do like the set-up, a girl and a boy, who have never met, die, get a second chance and have to decide which one is going to die in 7 days for the other' s sake.

I'm curious how narration time will be handled compared to the narrated time.
Sep 9, 2012 2:56 AM

Nov 2011
Well that was a good start.

Edit: The one-shot was good as well http://mangafox.me/manga/half_half_seo_kouji/
MegmurdelSep 9, 2012 3:06 AM
Sep 9, 2012 4:34 AM

Feb 2010
Lmao, is everyone ready for another Seo Kouji's ride?

I'd read the one-shot long ago and I'm kinda hoping that it manage to deviate from the original, like Nisekoi, rather than being a blatantly longer version.
Sep 9, 2012 4:52 AM
Aug 2012
that was actually pretty good, Seo seems to bedefinitelytaking a new direction with the manga love comedy lol, seems we will get a happy ending,however im kinda sad we have to wait a month, w.e in a year ill get back to this series :D
"届どいた....手紙?" - スワ(オレンジ)
Sep 9, 2012 5:13 AM

Dec 2011
Well its looks promising so far~ I can see the sharing sensations thing becoming quite interesting =P, seems like a good break from how mediocre Kimi's been lately. Its also sort of like a replacement for Double Arts which was one of my favs Dx

Hopefully another go of his at a supernatural romcom will be better this time round. (didnt really like Princess Lucia =/ )
Sep 9, 2012 5:17 AM
Aug 2012
I loved lucia D:

Anyways did he show breasts in kimi I recall one or two scenes he did but it was veru undetailed. Possibly more ecchi in this one I think. Thats fine tho. Also he should make this weeekly and kimi monthly fuck man just let eba and haruto get married.
"届どいた....手紙?" - スワ(オレンジ)
Sep 9, 2012 7:10 AM

Feb 2009
I was wondering why the alternative version was Love Letter, then I saw that the oneshot Half and Half was also in there. Shouldn't that oneshot get a separate entry?

After reading the oneshot and this chapter, I say I like this one better. The girl in the oneshot look too much like Eba and Haruto. I'm glad they look different here. Plus the girl did a suicide instead of both of them being killed in an accident. That changes things.
Also, jerking off in the bathroom, that was pure win.
Let's see how this goes.

But seriously, Seo doing 3 serializations? That's not normal anymore. Though the quality of said works are....
Sep 9, 2012 12:18 PM
Feb 2012
It's understandable that the characters in the H&H one-shot look like KNIM's protagonists since it was Seo's debut manga. Speaking of it, I only skimmed through it and it seems to be rather nice.

Reading this serialized version of H&H made me laugh. It started in a more or less tragic way but quickly deteriorated into something ecchi and funny. Not sure where this is going but I'll keep reading it.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Sep 9, 2012 2:31 PM

Jun 2009
Why does Seo have to ruin perfectly fine oneshoot in a serialization with just 1 chapter? The only thing that sayed the same is the motive of death and sharing life for 7 days. Guy went from being an abitious glasses-wearing painter to some hunk without any goals in life, and girl became a bigger bitch, also looks worse than my blond Eba from oneshoot. And her trying to kill herself ruined her chracter even more, i liked how in original it was just a random car accident that got them both killed. Also i shouldn't have to mention how big of a story device was the protag's painting, which was completely erased here.

tl;dr

It's shit so far, compared to a good oneshoot.
OrochiPLSep 10, 2012 9:50 AM
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Sep 9, 2012 4:15 PM
Jun 2010
The oneshot had something really going for it, he could of kept it that way. I don't know why hes taking a sexual/ecchi way for it lol

oh well, i'm ready for you seo.
Sep 10, 2012 7:18 AM

Oct 2008
Yeah, the oneshot was definitely better (and it'll probably stay that way)...
Sep 10, 2012 9:46 AM

May 2010
lol wtf, he was gonna kill her.
Sep 10, 2012 11:10 AM
Jun 2010
I never read the one shot, but this seemed awesome. Considering how its started off, It looks like it could be really funny and also have a pretty interesting plot.

Only thing is, what happens after the 7 days? Will it end?

Anyway, its definitely one I will be continuing. Seems like there might be something here. Romance, death, only one survives, psychological and comedy. Cool mix.
Sep 12, 2012 2:45 PM

Aug 2008
one-shot was great loved it. always wished there was more to it. guess i have it now.

seems like they change the character look this time and also their back story and how they died. but kept the time allowed to live a shared life is still 7 days. tho wish they made it 7 months since its a serialization this time around.

as for their back story, we know that Yuuki had some kinda rough life, or boring from her view point, to try to kill her self and succeeding till she killed someone else on the way.
and Shin'ichi we don't know much besides him being a university student, last time he was an art student, this time what? i wonder.

anyway its going to be monthly so could last a year or 2, or more if life is shown after the 7 day mark, which never happened in the one shot. i am assuming that is the reason they serialized it to show more this time?? either way its good i look forward to reading it each over the next year and so on.

this time it also seems like they won't get along right away like before, but that's to be expected since you can't just be happy just like that with some stranger.

haha it was funny that they used masturbation as an example of shared body Shini'ichi goes to pleasure himself, ends up giving Yuuki an experience like sex, lol making Yuuki comment that was my first time good stuff.

till next time then.
Sep 12, 2012 11:33 PM

Jul 2008
wow, read the one shot ages ago, didnt know it got a serialization o3o
Sep 14, 2012 9:24 PM

Nov 2011
Yuuki looks sort of like Eba from A Town Where You Live.

And ya, he's a guy so what happened in the bathroom is..[insert giggle scenes here]
Sep 21, 2012 9:48 AM

Apr 2011
Is this going to be a weekly thing?
Sep 21, 2012 9:51 AM
Aug 2012
Chapters come out every month for half and half, its serailized in a monthly magazine.

Dont worry guys we can expect a happy ending :D
"届どいた....手紙?" - スワ(オレンジ)
Oct 3, 2012 9:11 AM

Aug 2011
WOW The Oneshot is waaaaaaay~~ better :Z
Oct 8, 2012 9:07 PM

Oct 2010
both characters are unlikable to me.
Nov 6, 2012 11:26 PM

Jan 2011
Yeah I agree with everyone that's saying that one-shot is better than this first chapter of the seriliazation, but I also like how it's different to it. Lmao'd when Shinichi disappeared and Yuuki experienced some stimulation. XD Looking forward to more of this series.
Dec 21, 2012 7:08 AM

Mar 2008
Sharing sensations? Shit! This is going to be the best sex of their lives.
Apr 26, 2013 8:41 AM
Aug 2010
Kung-Fu-Jesus said:
Sharing sensations? Shit! This is going to be the best sex of their lives.

I thought I was the only one thinking about that.
May 7, 2013 8:55 PM

Jun 2011
Sibiou said:
I don't know why hes taking a sexual/ecchi way for it lol.

I know right! What's left in Seo is just his creation's ecchi scenes.

BlackRain_Ex said:
both characters are unlikable to me.

I haven't read the oneshot yet, but from what I saw here, it seems like the one shot had more potential than this, sigh what a disappointment, another cliche, stereotypical, and predictable full of ecchi scenes.. The drawing of the girl looked a little retarded too, her forehead is way too.. ew.. everything is declining over time
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 19, 2013 12:29 PM

Jan 2012
The whole 'tissue' scene had me laughing, great first chapter, i'm on board, seo!! XD
Jul 22, 2014 1:59 PM

Jun 2009
I didn't expect that Seo would continue this manga, since reading the one shot chapter 6yrs ago was like a complete series to me. And the plot was really touching.
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Dec 14, 2014 11:35 AM
Dec 2013
Wtf.... Buu that they should have warned about that one shot, now the whole series is spoiled.... This is worse than telling Dumbelldore dies.
Jun 13, 2015 3:05 AM

May 2014
This is amazing! Why body switching when you can just feel everything the other is feeling. I like the idea :D
Jul 10, 2016 10:36 PM

Jan 2013
Intriguing start, sharing pain and emotion like in Kiznaiver.
Jul 9, 2017 2:51 PM

May 2010
Love the set-up, although that thing with random God's voice (?) was kinda silly lolz. Idea of sharing their life and feelings however is quite intruiging, especially for ecchi romance... Wonder how it's gonna work out!
Feb 19, 2020 2:06 PM
Feb 2020
heuehe」sueiebusevあ
Jul 30, 2020 9:22 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Interestingly different from the One-Shot. Didn't expect boobs, panty and masturbation in the first chapter though, this is going to be a wild ride xD. Guessing in terms of tears too...

Anyway, I'm glad that the female MC's design is slightly different than that from the One-Shot. Even though there's still some resemblance to Yuzuki from Kimi no Iru Machi, the previous was an exact duplicate. Now, it's more like a bit of Asakura and Yuzuki mix. Still under self-plagiarism I suppose but no biggies.

Suicide female MC as opposed to the sickly and, on the other hand, a simple college student and not an artist. Mmm, I wonder if the writer changed from his original plans here. Heck, a long time between the One-Shot and this so it's hardly a surprise though.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

More topics from this board

Poll: » Half & Half Chapter 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tyrel - May 12, 2015

62 by animefan1266 »»
Oct 10, 2022 4:12 AM

Poll: » Half & Half Chapter 3 Discussion

PapasPasta - Dec 20, 2012

28 by Gringo5959 »»
Sep 18, 2022 10:49 AM

» Chapter: 0

Ngodslayer - Jan 10, 2015

4 by ANormalUser »»
Jun 27, 2022 4:22 AM

» Who cried?

Zestiria - Mar 30, 2021

2 by Draven4 »»
Apr 19, 2021 3:17 AM

Poll: » Half & Half Chapter 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2013

17 by MDLegs »»
Jan 4, 2018 7:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.